Add Brown Boxes to Cash Shop

• Lvl 70 is all about gearing for budokai in PVP terms and Doing boring repetative end game dungeons PVE wise.

A lot of classes are unable to grind end game PVE to gear up that way because nobody will take them.

As things currently stand.

Budokai is a battle between Extreme Cashers and very clever SK's that have done significant cashing.

Then you have regular to high cashers who just cant compete with the amount of +13 armor and weapons going around that the Extreme Cashers are using. 55 cap has been out for barely more than a week and already people have M and E sets of +13 armor with max or very close to max stats and weapons. These extreme cashers are spending thousands of dollars. (That's thousands with an s on the end)

Then you have F2P who cant do anything.

These Extreme cashers are the ones driving the prices up, they are the ones who are keeping purple and green stone prices high and box prices high. They did it in 45 cap and in 55 cap, and who will do the same in 60 and 70 cap. It won't be until they have finished upgrading the things they want that the prices will start to come down.

Adding brown boxes as a binded cash shop item, reduces SOME the effectiveness of Extreme Cashing.

Adding Purple and Green stones would reduce this further, but that is an argument for another day.

I bet it would even convince some free to players to purchase some boxes.

The simple fact of the matter is that there is a cash shop in the game, It was not my decision to include it, and it is here to stay. It was put there to make money. I and many others are not going to cash if it doesn't give me some kind of advantage.

What you need to work on is allowing people who are willing to spend $50 dollars here and there to come away from spending that money with something that is useful, rather than 15 Mr Popo Dogis.

If you are a F2P player who wants to play a balanced game, go and play something else that wasent designed specifically to make money. But with any F2P model out there you are at a disadvantage to cashing players. You will usually progress slower, be limited to the content you can do, be able to hold less money, be unable to equip rare armor etc.

• Tbh the situation right now is dumb as fk. I dont care which either in cash shop or in world boss event but plz add brown boxes .

Brown boxes are very expensive and very very rare.The situation unfolding right now is that of a crysis. I mean lets be honest if you farm all day and spend 1kk you can get 2 boxes? fkin 2 boxes?in 1 month that makes them lets say 50-ish right ? now imagine you spend all the boxes (and you will) and get nothing in return. for farming all day.and being atcive to beat the boss.And the game started for barely 1and a half month right ?. So that means by farming all day like an idiot and being present for every world boss event which is impossible as you cant predict when the boss will go up,you will have 50-60 boxes?wow very rewarding system, its like laughing at community seriously.

• Tbh the situation right now is dumb as fk. I dont care which either in cash shop or in world boss event but plz add brown boxes .

Brown boxes are very expensive and very very rare.The situation unfolding right now is that of a crysis. I mean lets be honest if you farm all day and spend 1kk you can get 2 boxes? fkin 2 boxes?in 1 month that makes them lets say 50-ish right ? now imagine you spend all the boxes (and you will) and get nothing in return. for farming all day.and being atcive to beat the boss.And the game started for barely 1and a half month right ?. So that means by farming all day like an idiot and being present for every world boss event which is impossible as you cant predict when the boss will go up,you will have 50-60 boxes?wow very rewarding system, its like laughing at community seriously.

Pretty much all of this x over 9000.

• Im not throwing shade for anyone...but IMO, dbo wasn't designed to be a mature game suited for adults only (a.k.a a casher fiesta). I get that people dont have time, and they have they money to spend so they'd like to cash and be 100% OP by cashing...but thats not how an anime mmorpg like dbo was designed. It was made for teens (and adults) to play play for fun (not pure competitiveness).

But anyway I'm a non casher by choice....and (im conceited asf so) im pretty much there with or above the average cashers...nowhere close to the hardcore tho...but it isnt hard to use time to get what you want...

What i do see tho...are cashers who barely spend any time grinding or farming...but spend all their time trying to sell their bought items, and then come to the forums and say "spending time makes no sense grinding" when the people i know who actually grinded are making progress.

All in all....I just think we should wait it out and hope that daneos puts silver boxes in the game as an extremely hard drop (maybe an endgame dungeon) and the brown box issue should ease.

Edit: the best players generally should be those that balance the cashing with the effort

• Why is making brown boxes bind/not tradeable a good idea?

1. People won't use them as currency (zeni is the main currency).

2. People who cashed and have brown box can still box items to get better stats and sell the item and even change stats on an alts gear.

Its a good work around for everyone.

There is no problem binding those devilboxes, I rather get them binded than seeing this game with 1000 players only.

Then again there will be less people attracted to donate, because they can't sell box for the item they wanted. Not to judge anyone, but some people who cash that sit on plat never doing the content is one example of people who will loose interest.

It is up to the developer and his team to decide if this business model is going to succeed or not, this community is not mature enough to consider this and most of the f2p are not considering what we can loose. Dont get me wrong I want as many people to play this game, but I still want the servers kept alive and I want people to be motivated to buy from the cash shop.

• I think you guys still don't understand the problem with brown boxes.

Yes you can make them bind but that will only solve the currency issue.

Brown boxes are toxic because you can literally stop farming after you get 1 legendary item with a random effect.

If you have a good party you will only farm maybe 1 day and after that never enter a dungeon again because it's just not needed.

My suggestion would be more like remove brown boxes from game but increase chance to get good effects on random drop (not to much).

P.S. only if you want this game to stay as a mmorpg. If you want to have a server where everything is only about PVP then just add them to TMQ / UD drops.

• You cant increase the chances of random effects because there is a finite amount of stats and quantity of stats you can attain. If you remove the lower values it will break the system, becuase low values are assigned to items to fill in the maximum potential value of an item. For instance if you receive 20 con on crafted level 55 items it uses low value stats to fill in the gap between your main stat and the value cap of that item.

For instance you could get 20 Dex and 1 Con on your lvl 55 crafted jacket, or 20 dex and 2 hit rate, 1 poison defence and 1 defence rate as an examle.

Also people grinded out powerful characters in retail, they loved their characters, and they want those characters back in this game. Most people do not want to grind the same repetitive garbage they people have been grinding for 8 years.

• You cant increase the chances of random effects because there is a finite amount of stats and quantity of stats you can attain. If you remove the lower values it will break the system, becuase low values are assigned to items to fill in the maximum potential value of an item. For instance if you receive 20 con on crafted level 55 items it uses low value stats to fill in the gap between your main stat and the value cap of that item.

For instance you could get 20 Dex and 1 Con on your lvl 55 crafted jacket, or 20 dex and 2 hit rate, 1 poison defence and 1 defence rate as an examle.

Also people grinded out powerful characters in retail, they loved their characters, and they want those characters back in this game. Most people do not want to grind the same repetitive garbage they people have been grinding for 8 years.

Sry but then you need to change to another game and not try to change the game itself because you don't want to play "this" game anymore...

• Okay so many of you are against my idea because of the fact that you could sell them and they would become the game’s main currency. I have the solution for that, just make the boxes you buy from cash shop binded, simple...

then that is no solution at al since a f2p will have an ever harder time against cashers right ?

I'd say make a limit to how much brown boxes a person which has an account max level( for example to not spam lv 1 chars) can actually get from cash shop.

i don't really know the number of the limit but that would be more than fair,helping both sides

Since i always said, i dont mind the game to be flooded with brown boxes,since if a casher spends the boxes to get perfect stats then ill use boxes(less) to get a near perfect stat.

Example: casher will spend 200 boxes to get 20 con in a random item.

f2p will spend 30 boxes to get 18 con in a random item.

Rather than now:

Example ; casher will spend 100 boxes to get 19-20 con in a random item

f2p will do nothing because he has no freakin brown boxes and even if he manages to get 5-10 they will result in nothing.

So which option do you think is more viable where the game lacks brown boxes or where is flooded by it ?

Now i would LOVE to see brown boxes removed,but that is no longer possible only if game get's reseted or all brown boxes deleted( not an option,will be unfair)

• Or this indeed.

Let there be chance of getting max stats on items like 2%-5% and with no brown boxes.

Then items prices will increase but then again how could we fix problem with CC stuffs, you need to box them or this would make them useless.

I guess unchain static stats on CC crafting items, soo it becomes regular but OP crafting and reduce amount of crafting materials you need, since you will keep spam CC too craft and get stats you want/need.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Well then you could always just limit the amount a single person could buy per week. Example 50 per week or something along those lines. The fact is that brown boxes are being used at a much faster rate that they are being replenished( since the wagu drops are so rare). If this keeps up, for 70 cap we will all be forced to play endlessly and do world bosses to buy each box for 2 gold coins and 500k. And then pray to jesus that you get the stat you wanted with 1 box when u couldnt not get it with 200 before....

• I don't know if you know but the code is writting from scratch and not taken from anywhere.

Is it really? LMAO

so a small team of developers have coded this game from scratch in 3 years, and yet it managed to almost completely replicate the retail game?

That is why all of the mechanics except from the ones that have been specifically changed are identical to the retail game?

That's why there is a purchase more cash points option tab on the cash shop that leads to nowhere that is from the retail game.

That's why the website address is constantly being changed?

Where as at the same time the SWG Emu have been reverse engineered and recoded for the last 10 years and is still nowhere near completion.

• Game was written by Daneos only( there was a guy who dissapeared),from scratch thus many bugs came into being.

It took 4 years or maybe more who knows from when he is working and the website has nothing to do with the actual game.

He just changed domains and the theme of forum from time to time .

• Just a question for you. How do you expect to get the code from retail? There is literally no way to get it except a developer from ntl will give it to you ofc for free =P Also funny how you disregard the hard work Daneos put into this game for the last 3 years. I can see that you have 0 knowledge about this topic.

• Game was written by Daneos only( there was a guy who dissapeared),from scratch thus many bugs came into being.

It took 4 years or maybe more who knows from when he is working and the website has nothing to do with the actual game.

He just changed domains and the theme of forum from time to time .

OK so this game has been written from scratch without any reference to the source material it replicates almost perfectly?

It may have been written from scratch "technically", but it uses referenced material.

Don't be so naive.

That's not to say Daneos hasent put a huge amount of work into this.

I am grateful to get to play a game that I loved again.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!