About the unknown areas of the DBO world

• Hey, I just wanted to know more about the areas on the map that are obviously not known....we see the outlay of it but nothing more.

I was wondering of those 5 areas if anyone knows what they are and was DBO developed enough that these areas were going to see the light of day? Does Danoes have information on those areas and what were they supposed to be for?

I would love to know more if people know?

• Hey, I just wanted to know more about the areas on the map that are obviously not known....we see the outlay of it but nothing more.

I was wondering of those 5 areas if anyone knows what they are and was DBO developed enough that these areas were going to see the light of day? Does Danoes have information on those areas and what were they supposed to be for?

I would love to know more if people know?

sadly dude danose is a coder not a developer he can't really add some that wasn't in the game before but you never know since fran fran desert soust map is mad it just doesn't have mobs or mpc to do anything there

• We could maybe see them if Daneos could invest in a better game engine , I said "Maybe" but let's just wait after months of full release ^^

Thats not how a game engine works. One does not simply drag a game's client files in a game engine and can expect it to work. He would have to reverse engineer the game. He took 4 years to reverse engineer the game server to a playable state, now think about how long he would take to engineer an entire game. Sure, he may have the coding skills but he sure as hell lacks the skill for the artistic environment required to rebuild the game. Modeling, textures etc would be impossible for him and since he always works alone that will never come to pass. I'd really suggest you to google up how a game engine works. xD

• you are welcome majin kuririn

thanks man that wasn’t perfect and so exciting, so much stuff available still for us we haven’t seen. Also looos possible as the Majin map area looks fully done just needs mobs and quests etc and the turtle map looos completely done. The matrix world looks cool and wondering what that was going to be and if possible to develop further and finish it.

• Thats not how a game engine works. One does not simply drag a game's client files in a game engine and can expect it to work. He would have to reverse engineer the game. He took 4 years to reverse engineer the game server to a playable state, now think about how long he would take to engineer an entire game. Sure, he may have the coding skills but he sure as hell lacks the skill for the artistic environment required to rebuild the game. Modeling, textures etc would be impossible for him and since he always works alone that will never come to pass. I'd really suggest you to google up how a game engine works. xD

thats true and shots fired dawm

• sadly dude danose is a coder not a developer he can't really add some that wasn't in the game before but you never know since fran fran desert soust map is mad it just doesn't have mobs or mpc to do anything there

Daneos, as a coder, can add anything in to the game. It's as simple as adding a few lines of code supporting whatever feature etc etc.

But it gets a lot more in-depth and complicated than that.

Say adding SSJ 2,, sure it can be done but you would need someone to make the model, textures, rigging etc etc

Daneos would also have to code how SSJ2 would act

I.E under certain effect? A certain time of day? A certain powerlevel? Cool off time? How to achieve? Etc

...of course, written in the language of c++ or whatever.

It's simple to do but can be VERY time consuming.. & a case of trial and error.

Adding something like a new area to the game is pretty simple too.. again, you'd need someone to make the map, textures, collisions etc but it's just a case of adding code to the game to read the 'new feature'

Then Daneos would have the joy of populating the area, making new quests etc.

Some things people need to remember,, being able to play the game and use its features are thanks to code. Being able to make a character, code, being able to level up, code.

To say Daneos can't add code anything new to the game is utter horse crap.

However, adding new content does rely on a few areas, Daneos coding knowledge, game engine, servers etc.

If 'not being able to add new content' came from Daneos personally, I'd bet he said that to avoid explaining the work involved and time & effort needed to pull it off.

• The main problem is just that Daneos does not have the client source code so he can't add new content.

• The main problem is just that Daneos does not have the client source code so he can't add new content.

Also he won't bother since he is lazy to do that.. say if he do that it will increase more bugs to the server... Its basically daneos is wishing for nothing to change just to get rid of bugs - he did promise us that he gets rid of everybug he finds or hear from us but he dont get to work to get rid of them he put some of the bugs behinde for some weeks until he feel like to get rid of it... soo for daneos to add new map any soon won't happen not even in 10 years if this server survive that long pretty sure most people quit at lvl 70 cap

• Also he won't bother since he is lazy to do that.. say if he do that it will increase more bugs to the server... Its basically daneos is wishing for nothing to change just to get rid of bugs - he did promise us that he gets rid of everybug he finds or hear from us but he dont get to work to get rid of them he put some of the bugs behinde for some weeks until he feel like to get rid of it... soo for daneos to add new map any soon won't happen not even in 10 years if this server survive that long pretty sure most people quit at lvl 70 cap

Its really easy to criticize,while Daneos gave us,the game in very short time,while it is the only private server of DBO running,while he gave on hours and hours of his life ,yeah there are alot of bugs and balancing to be made,but dont forget,you are able to play it.

I am not intentional white knighting Daneos,but we should not forget,we wouldnt be here in first place,if he wasnt that good,on what he is dedicated to.

Also since he isnt giving alot of info,we dont know,what he is or isnt doing,we dont know how much time things need to be done,some bugs might be able to be fixed with small tweaks,while some other might need hardcore coding,it aint fair or grateful,to call him lazy.

Sure he is getting paid now,but that doesnt mean,that anyone owns anything,more or less,people that pay/donate knows,that this project is a one man army,so that brings delays,but either way,he is fast on what he is doing alone...

Sure i am not happy with all the decisions he has made and not happy with some critical donations he received,sure i want things go faster,but this is what we get and i am really grateful and proud for his effort so far...

The future is unseen for everything and everyone.

Best of hope.

• The fact he is lazy wont change at all

1. he decide whenever he want to work hard on fixing bugs or not after all he fix small bugs that isn't important that much but yeah at least he fix 1% of the bug out of 100% from the game for each update he does..

2. most of us don't care if he didn't bring the game back after all its private server it can be shutted down whenever daneos feels like it.. Also we are only playing just to have fun with the game we are not here watching people abuse bugs like in POB .. thats why daneos wont bother to take care of the maps even new content until he fix all the bugs that been out since tw/pob/ob

3. all the decisions daneos made he needed like half year just to think about it before putting on progress... specially founder pack nice scam

tbh I feel like Daneos is working for Epic with the fortnite dev's.. same day with update and when there is server issue its reminds us 100% to dbog

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!