Patch Notes - April 19th 2018

• "When your character possesses offensive property, it will now work against monsters without property."

I guess this means Wild, Strange and maybe Strange while Honest, Elegant and Funny consider defensive ones.

Or, any attribute would work on those monsters. I would love that someone explain me this part.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• "When your character possesses offensive property, it will now work against monsters without property."

I guess this means Wild, Strange and maybe Strange while Honest, Elegant and Funny consider defensive ones.

Or, any attribute would work on those monsters. I would love that someone explain me this part.

Offensive property. Would not make sense that some properties are offensive and other defensives.

BUT, if the properties are in the weapon/sub then they should be considered as offensives.

And if properties are in the jacket is defensive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the only way this makes sense to me.

• Balance

• Counter Attack passive success rate has been decreased from 80% to 50% (it was too overpowered for SM).

1: Nerfing a class that's never won a single Budokai before? And you realize guard-spamming is incredibly punishable? Why are we focusing on non-offenders in the balance? Actually make an attempt to be objective!

2: Let's nerf EVERYONE's counter rate for this??? This team sure loves tampering with stats affecting everyone rather than addressing the actual issue at hand. When will you guys learn?

3: Counter rate is meant to be based on DEFENSE RATE. So are chances of resisting knockdowns and HTBs. WHY are we still using randomly decided fixed rates and leaving defense rate to remain a mostly pointless stat?

4: Slightly less on-topic, but counter didn't need RP to work in retail. It was just a low chance that increased with defense rate.

Who's making these balance choices, and why are they so biased? You can argue all you want this isn't a big change to hide it's a mistake, but you NEED to get your priorities straight.

• So since prop is working properly, maybe it's an RIP for turtles at PvE party, since buffers will probably achieve greater damage with spins together with karma and poko movement speed buffs than a proper class that supposedly should have the best AoE damage from the game. As kidunseen said in another topic.

And once again the party becomes more restricted.

• The Poko's Pet isn't fixed yet, I mean sometimes he disappears so if you buff your pet he lost all buffs, same for HP/EP (he reset all recovering 100%). When you enter in a dungeon or using teleport npc/skill pet you need to summon him again.

1 they only fix that you getting exp and counts for quest by pet kills

2 it is normal that a pet disappear if you port it was the same on the official server

• The counter rate was changed because it was too high compared to retail. A successful counter to land would occur less frequently and not come 80% of the time.

It’s only considered a “nerf” in DBO G due to the change but some of the DBO G Staff including myself felt it was occurring too frequently to the point where it felt like it was more than retail (you said it yourself, counters only have a low chance that increases with the more defence rate you have...but even then it still wasn’t by much).

• The counter rate was changed because it was too high compared to retail. A successful counter to land would occur less frequently and not come 80% of the time.

It’s only considered a “nerf” in DBO G due to the change but some of the DBO G Staff including myself felt it was occurring too frequently to the point where it felt like it was more than retail (you said it yourself, counters only have a low chance that increases with the more defence rate you have...but even then it still wasn’t by much).

You guys have shown you're willing to stray from retail whenever you want, which a fixed rate and needing RP to counter(which completely justified an 80% counterrate) is nothing like retail, mind you. But when it's suits you, you pull the "it's like retail" card to justify a nerf directed at a class that absolutely didn't need nerfing? And where'd you get the "defense rate barely had an impact on counterrate" idea from? I said it was an initially low chance to counter WITHOUT defense rate.

The statistics in DBOG don't show SM being OP with this at all.

The only route that could've lead up to this path is a certain dev member getting a vendetta against some Swordsman who beat him with this. There are so many serious balance issues in DBOG, yet THIS is what struck you as a problem. That's what we call bias.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!