Patch Notes - April 19th 2018

• Something that's needed is a compensation for Swordsman because of this. In my eyes, simply nerfing something isn't always the way to go without something in return i.e. a buff. Even if this change is small, it still hurts Swordsman in a way so there needs to be compensation. The same applies to Shadow Knights, Karmas, etc. I feel that going full on nerf wouldn't be as helpful as people think since it could, in the process, kill the class.

Now I know Daneos' primary focus is bug fixing at the moment, but when he's doing balance changes he needs to think hard on it and not just throw something in willy nilly. Listening very carefully to the rest of the team would be very beneficial in my opinion.

• I've been told by someone from dev server that they tested the max damage potential of Swordsman and Fighter and stated that SM was only dealing 60k crits with MSS and Fighter was dealing 120k crits with SHSN. (If I remember correctly he tested on a gearless char)

Anyone who really knows DBO knows SM is supposed to deal higher DMG than a Fighter. I could care less about a guard nerf, give SM the DMG they deserve and everyone will be happy.

• I've been told by someone from dev server that they tested the max damage potential of Swordsman and Fighter and stated that SM was only dealing 60k crits with MSS and Fighter was dealing 120k crits with SHSN. (If I remember correctly he tested on a gearless char)

Anyone who really knows DBO knows SM is supposed to deal higher DMG than a Fighter. I could care less about a guard nerf, give SM the DMG they deserve and everyone will be happy.

Not exactly. Fighters are meant to do burst damage aka massive damage in one go (like Turtles) while Swordsman are meant to deal more consistent damage in bursts while maintaining pressure on the opponent. I don't know if they're meant to deal that low amount of damage, but it feels right that Fighters deals more damage in one go because they have periods where they are "vulnerable" in a sense.

• Not exactly. Fighters are meant to do burst damage aka massive damage in one go (like Turtles)

Is that why they have 2 Needles? While SM is only given 1 massive dmg skill and Glaring Slash? Fighters are Dodge and SM is the burst dmg.

while Swordsman are meant to deal more consistent damage in bursts while maintaining pressure on the opponent.

For the last damn time, SMs are not short ranged Plasmas, certain SMs liked that mainly on SK because of their massive DoTs/DPS. And obviously it's done a lot here because SMs dmg is mediocre, even Fighters/Turtles crit less here.

Even Kinswkk stopped using that tactic in his more late Budokais.

And here you see massive dmg in one go.

• If you gonna talk about retail, then bring back 70% cd cap,

That vid is pure bs, none property bug on top of full ccbd DEX geared sm (he has 300 dex total) and event weapons.

• That vid is pure bs, none property bug on top of full ccbd DEX geared sm (he has 300 dex total) and event weapons.

Didnt a GM say before that wasn't really a bug? You also use CCBD gear, I don't really see the point with that one. And so what if they're event weapons? They're in the game it's not like he's hacking.

Here Kinswkk takes out a good chunk of LP off an Ulti, no event weapons.

• You guys have shown you're willing to stray from retail whenever you want, which a fixed rate and needing RP to counter(which completely justified an 80% counterrate) is nothing like retail, mind you. But when it's suits you, you pull the "it's like retail" card to justify a nerf directed at a class that absolutely didn't need nerfing? And where'd you get the "defense rate barely had an impact on counterrate" idea from? I said it was an initially low chance to counter WITHOUT defense rate.

You act like Defense rate was such a useful stat in retail, which top tier player built gear with and around Defense rate again? Oh yeah that’s right, none. Because stacking Defense rate wasn’t considered to be useful.

It’s always been a stat that has had minor impact, and yes even if you stack defence rate it still wouldn’t turn you into a countering machine even back in retail.

And yes, we will refer back to retail when we want to because if something was more balanced or more efficient/effective in retail then we will refer to it. This was one of those cases.

The statistics in DBOG don't show SM being OP with this at all.

The only route that could've lead up to this path is a certain dev member getting a vendetta against some Swordsman who beat him with this. There are so many serious balance issues in DBOG, yet THIS is what struck you as a problem. That's what we call bias.

Stop with the assumptions. It was changed because countering occurred more frequently than retail, and for no other reason.

• But saying it was too OP on Swordsman wasn't really needed was it? I mean you could have said "it was reduced from 80% to 50%" and leave it at that so it wouldn't cause as big of an uproar from some members right? Just saying.

No, because the whole point of detailed patch notes is to give more info (and to discuss it in the thread) and that's the info Daneos provided. This "uproar" consists of opinions and feedback that can be used for the future, instead of an uproar about how "Daneos makes changes without any sort of explanation".

• You act like Defense rate was such a useful stat in retail, which top tier player built gear with and around Defense rate again? Oh yeah that’s right, none. Because stacking Defense rate wasn’t considered to be useful.

And yes, we will refer back to retail when we want to because if something was more balanced or more efficient/effective in retail then we will refer to it. This was one of those cases.

Stop with the assumptions. It was changed because countering occurred more frequently than retail, and for no other reason.

I wouldn't dream to suggest defense rate was a top tier stat. If it was, you'd expect classes like Dark Warriors, Cranes, and Chefs to be much better in retail. Unfortunately for them it's still another advantage they'll have to miss out on in DBOG.

You can't claim this update was just to make it like retail. First, this update had nothing to do with retail. If it was, you'd have brought back the defense-rate system rather than try another random fixed rate that needs RP for some reason to function at all. The justification's even written for all to see; "it's OP on this mid-tier class"

Secondly, you ditched the "it's like retail" card once you started messing with Kaioken, SSJ, knockdown/HTB rates, and with global stat caps like cooldown, attack speed, and anti-crit. If it wasn't for literally everyone opposing you, you gladly would've screwed up properties too because it suited you. You guys chose to deviate from retail, and that's YOUR choice, but it means DBOG becoming balanced on it's own terms is in your hands.

This update negatively affects class balance for DBOG. I've already given you the reasons why, but all you've done is throw justifications why shitty balance can be overlooked. I'm sticking with my "it's bias" card until you can actually give a reason why this is a good change for DBOG itself.

• hello all, nice to see you here.

Actually I think DBOG is much different with retail. So might not able to compare with. I found some different in swordsman.

as u knows, many skills of Swordsman/karma would have back attacks +50% bonus.

But I am not sure if you also aware that. In the past, when using a crit-damage weapons, the weapon statics would also calculate in back attack.

For e.g. My glove and sword is 25% + 25% curt damage. When using flash slash sword to attack the back of the opponent, the calculation should be *(150%+25%+25%) without crit. So that swordsman can have a stable dps and don't rely on luck and crit.

I am not sure if it identify as bug here or setting changed.

However for this setting, the swordsman are more similar to fighter but not good as fighter at many area.

Kins

• this wouldn't make sense, %crit damage are only applied to critics. It's literally in the name, "increase crit dmg by X%". Making it like you suggested would just break the class lol, they'd be 1 shotting people no crit.

• this wouldn't make sense, %crit damage are only applied to critics. It's literally in the name, "increase crit dmg by X%". Making it like you suggested would just break the class lol, they'd be 1 shotting people no crit.

I know your concern. We also have doubt when the 1st time we found this setting.

That means the system counts the back attack as crit. This would also applied in some skills of Karma, turtle and crane etc.

However, 1 shot people, not exactly correct
    Compare with fighter, fighter would got greater damage with needle and crit only, still 1 shot people right? (and also turtle)
    For swords, if you are not hitting the back, no 50% bonus and crit% adv. Even you hitting the back, 1 shot on a people with fair armors may almost failed without crit. If you would like to have the damage equal or close to fighter, you have to attack their back and then glaring slash and also need the luck for “real crit”. You have to think that how to make this happens.
    Even the old setting is enabled in HK, the case is still worse when vs SK or ulti, but it would be better then fighter vs them with non-crit. This is true.

I am here is not requesting to change it back to before. But it can be explains that why the swords damage have great difference as before.

From begeinning, swordsman are always have to change the strategy to duel with the game change.;)

my english is not very good, hope you guys would understand<X

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!