Dark Warriors

• If you compare both tanks dw is very underpowered, he has advantages at taking many mobs at the time, while dark warrior has a great pve skill called dragon punishment, sk has steal life that last 36 seconds.

Now lets compare aggro between them, sk has dragon will an op aggro skill that last 2 minutes and deception that has a range of 35 meters, affect 14 mobs, decrease energy attack by 25% and last 16 seconds, in the other hand dark warrior has powerful roar, skill that cause aggro in a range of 14 meters and affect 10 mobs, isn't a big diference for a pvp tank? where is the reason to choose dw over sk when playing pve challenges?

Both burns are really diferent, sk has a great damage, while dw burn can get a max of 4.3 k at 4 sp and just if you use rp on it, that add's the charge time and of course the skill cast time, and all that for 4k, try that against ud3 mobs with 20k health

• If you compare both tanks dw is very underpowered, he has advantages at taking many mobs at the time, while dark warrior has a great pve skill called dragon punishment, sk has steal life that last 36 seconds.

Now lets compare aggro between them, sk has dragon will an op aggro skill that last 2 minutes and deception that has a range of 35 meters, affect 14 mobs, decrease energy attack by 25% and last 16 seconds, in the other hand dark warrior has powerful roar, skill that cause aggro in a range of 14 meters and affect 10 mobs, isn't a big diference for a pvp tank? where is the reason to choose dw over sk when playing pve challenges?

Both burns are really diferent, sk has a great damage, while dw burn can get a max of 4.3 k at 4 sp and just if you use rp on it, that add's the charge time and of course the skill cast time, and all that for 4k, try that against ud3 mobs with 20k health

You guys are missing the point though - DW is underpowered yeah, but DW was never meant to deal that much damage. That's why they were given a heal that makes you think they autopotted - you do know it's almost spammable with cooldown gear right?

Compare that to the SK's lifesteal and you can see why ours deals damage - it's healing potential is basically nothing compared to yours.

Demon wave could use a buff yea, I would actually like to see it become the DW's bold strike. It's a cool move with a cool effect, but it's harder to counter than bleed so the damage should be balanced with this taken into account.

I agree that the DW should have a better taunt. Since using a maxed SK taunt, i don't think I can stomach using the DW taunt. That's a problem.

At the moment, the DW is an incredible SOLO tank, whereas SK is an incredible auxiliary tank. While SK could use a few minor nerfs, it isn't anywhere near as overpowered as some people are making it out to be - and while DW can use a buff, I believe a better alternative to increasing damage would be increasing their defence even further, with a small increase to aggro generation. Why? This would make them chosen over SK in almost all situations which require a tank - and perhaps by increasing dungeon difficulty we may even start to see teams with 2 tanks (SK/DW) in order to deal with the huge amount of enemies. (Eg. SK tanks boss while DW tanks all the mobs so the team can kill them before switching the focus to the boss, which the DW can then proceed to tank more effectively than the SK while the SK switches to a minor DPS/support role, taking aggro when necessary)

Of course, this would only increase their PvE potential... but wait!

By increasing the DW's defence, they gain more PvP potential simply by being even harder to kill! As a DW, if you can tank long enough to knock someone out of the ring in the tournament, you can win a round. Remember that time that fighter bursted your HP down with 2 lucky crits? No need to be afraid! With a defence buff, not only can you tank in PvE, but you can actually survive a combo, giving you an opening to take advantage of!

With this, I believe the general playstyle of DW wouldn't change, but it WOULD be buffed in ways that allow them to be more useful in any situation.

• Izlah you're forgetting that at current state of things, everything can tank. So without dmg boost, nobody will want DW in party over SK, since tank is replaceable and picking DW reduces party dps

And while I absolutely adore the heal, it's not a party skill, is it? Having it or not doesn't change a thing while doing PvE content (unless you get off on soloing low level instances)

• Izlah you're forgetting that at current state of things, everything can tank. So without dmg boost, nobody will want DW in party over SK, since tank is replaceable and picking DW reduces party dps

And while I absolutely adore the heal, it's not a party skill, is it? Having it or not doesn't change a thing while doing PvE content (unless you get off on soloing low level instances)

Which is why I ALSO mention increasing dungeon difficulty.

• Dark warrior was never meant to deal great damage, and he is even far from dealing decent damage, we are talking about 2k-2.5k with level 70, that's just good for farming, most of the people here just argue thinking on farming, yeah those mobs have 10k at max and don't forget that you'll miss half of the used skills but that's fine, the thing changes if you reffer to pve challenges (ud, tmq, cc) where you can find mobs with 20k health and even more dw can't do that much.

Looking at the other side shadow knight has all the goodies, oh yes, he is not that good at farming, he has a bit less of defense, also a bit less of health, but he has a lot of damage, he is balanced to the top, i don't believe that he was meant to be like that, but then he got the 24 constitution passive, hellzone grenade and dw got 34 soul passive and sharp slice, both useless skills.

looks like they wanted sk to be complete.

You can actually spam dragon punishment but if you use the rp cd on the skill then consumes 1500 ep, and that's too much for a class that has 3k ep, yes we don't want it to be op, i don't think that a single dw user, at least the ones that play the class because like me didn't want to play op and overpopulated sk want dw to be op.

Dark warrior should be able to win a fight whitout depending on throwing the enemy outside of the arena, that's lame but of course is how is able to win.

So sk is able to kill without the need of throwing somene out of the arena because he has insane damage compared to dw, even for human he is powerful, he can tank, he is actually better at tanking bosses and he has much better aggro for it, he doesn't have dragon punishment, so he can't farm that good but again, if you have dende you won't need it.

Right now, dw is a money machine, that's his main purpose if you see compare both classes, i love the class and that's the only reason that i have to play it, that and farm.

• Izlah is right.

What DEMON Wave skill needs is reduce cooldown of skill to 15 or 10 sec.

I am shocked that mostly no one here didn't mention that DW Demon Wave maxed with RP Power ability set burn on target 750+.

If it is critic one, it jumps close to 1k.

What Demon Wave needs is % energy dmg element soo its base dmg increase.

About taunt, Powerful Roar, it should only target more mobs with longer duration.

Dragons Protection - this skill needs duration of 1 min and cooldown of 2 min at max level, or higher RP CD while CD is 5 min, because it might make problems in PVP, DW would be panzer tank, too hard to kill.

If this be changed, everyone will want DW in party because of this buff ( 1788 both def increase).

Soo it would be really up to this, if you are good geared and want more power take SK, if you ain't too good geared and you need more defense, take DW and if you want to be lame, take SK and DW lol.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• You should mention that the skill last 10 seconds and causes damage every 2, if you get the max damage, then you get 3750+349 base damage, well i guess..., no one is asking to just buff the burn, but to rework the skill, this could be done in different ways, 1) changing the skill duration, 2) adding more base damage, 3) change fixed damage to %, augment burn base damage and decrease the rp one.

You keep ignoring or just not talking about something vital, dw always needs to use rp, demon wave without rp cause 185 every 2 seconds + 349 base damage, a total 1275, try to use rp in pvp, the skill on its own already has cast time.

Powerful roar considering what sk has, should be much better, sk has 2 op aggro skills, one with a effect of 25% energy attack decrease and 35m range, against powerful roar with 14 meters and 10 mobs, at least it should have 25-30m maxed, then augment mobs affected to 14 like sk skill, and the bonus? maybe 15% physical attack decrease.

Dragon protection shouldn't have much less cd, maybe 3 but not 2, that would be too op.

Dark warrior main problem is aggro, focus and extremely low damage, you have a few skills that just are useful in farm, skills that are underpowered against warrior skills.

• Demon Wave for sure needs % energy dmg in it to increase base dmg and at max level burn should be 350.

This way with RP power increase it would be fixed around 950 close to 1K and with less cooldown.

It would be similar to ultimate flaming shower skill.

Powerful roar taunt, if you really want to add it, it would be better to add %LP decrease part in it, this wait DW would gain DPS power it needs, just it shouldn't be too much, and it should target more.

Dragon protection, 3 CD with duration of 1 min, is fine yea I agree.

Dark Warrior dmg might be buffed in some skills and base focus close to SK if not changed.

For real main problem for Dark Warrior is that he miss a lot than his dmg and you talk about RP, DW can afford to switch con and RP boots, thx to his HP and Defense, get RP ball is easy.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Demon wave: total damage without rp 1275, using rp almost 4.4k, if Daneos ever adds % base damage then he should fit a maximum damage including % and burn damage.

The skill should have more damage without rp, lets say 3k and with rp close to 6k, at least i see safe pvp/pve that way, it's a huge increase and just because the actual damage is too low.

Powerful roar with lp% decrease sounds too op, i don't know if would be actually op, it's just that i would choose to use attack decrease, so it focus on the tank part

Dragon protection with less cd but more duration, 40-60 seconds maybe 40 would actually work if they change the cd rp.

I't shouldn't be spammed but it also should be able to use with much more frecuency, right now its rare to use the skill.

Aggree in the last two, in my opinion dark warrior main problem is focus, damage output in few skills and rp use for every skill that you want, yes you can rp boots as i did, but then you lose health and it lose one of the benefits of the class.

• Alright, here's my constructive proposition:

1. Change ep passive to either focus boost or (if possible) aoe range increase

Foc passive would allow dws to use other bonuses while being able to hit things, aoe increase would mostly buff roar up

2. Make whirlwind and cyclone do nice bleed dmg with rp (before anyone rages, of course those bleeds wouldn't stack. You'd use whirlwind while lvling and then respec to cyclone with better dmg on higher character lvl), with cyclone doing similar or slightly better dot than demon wave

With that dw would get pleasant dmg boost, further enforcing him as best tank, with dmg over time instead of all out like SK. Having bleed only applicable with rp means little effect in pvp, but while pve, you always have rp

3. Increase powerful roar to 15 targets 20m 3/3

That should do just fine

• I agree with Demon Wave, Powerful Roar with %LP decrease wouldn't be that OP, even 3% LP per level is better than nothing, plus more LP you have, more LP you lose, soo at max it would be around 6% LP decrease.

Dragon Protection it should last at least 1 min, with 3 - 4 min CD, with CD gear and RP CD you would cut it in half to 1.5 - 2 min soo it would be fine.

Well DW just needs its base foc to be matched with SK, if we give him too much of focus, he would gain too much of hit rate and success rate, meaning it might be problem in PVP, since MA classes already have problem with DW, since they mostly die by reflect.

About option 2, I doubt that is even possible and I really think when Demon Wave be a bit edited, you are fine with it, I mean, at max level now with RP power buff - it set 750-950 or 1kk burn dot that is really good.

About option 3, yea increase its range a bit and it should target more targets at max level and if possible with %LP decrease effect on it.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Think about 70lvl cap, 1k burn won't be much then.

I'm talking 25-30 focus passive, nothing spectacular. I don't really care much for pvp so I might be put of touch, but so what that MAs have dificulties with DW, I guess every class should have a hard time against one or two other classes, fair match against others and should be able to annihilate one or two. But again, I'm not the one to talk about pvp

And as much as I love the idea of mobs health decrease while provoked, that might be too OP

• Think about 70lvl cap, 1k burn won't be much then.

I'm talking 25-30 focus passive, nothing spectacular. I don't really care much for pvp so I might be put of touch, but so what that MAs have dificulties with DW, I guess every class should have a hard time against one or two other classes, fair match against others and should be able to annihilate one or two. But again, I'm not the one to talk about pvp

And as much as I love the idea of mobs health decrease while provoked, that might be too OP

That's right, instead of ep they could change soul passive, the reason for dw being underpowered is because they nerfed it before level 55 cap, and the class was never improved when level 70, so right now for example you can't kill a shadow knight by any mean, you can throw him off, and if you just have a straight fight you'll end without ep because dw skills consume too much ep he has low, also the need for rp, so 1k isn't much really because what matters is the total amount and not just per second damage.

• Dark Warrior needs their EP passive to be changed for crit rate or crit %, something that could make them overcome their damages (my suggestion would be the rework their physical spells which are totally useless)

And to turn the Soul passive into Focus.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!