Why isnt DW's Demon Wave DOT skill calculated???

• Demon Wave just as Energy Siege should draw it's power from Claw, DW's SUB weapon, yet skill does exactly the same dot dmg with or without the sub weapon, also the upgrade on the claw doesnt seem to make any diffrence what so ever. Hope this gets fixed soon, ty.

• Well that is because it is fixed damage and it should have %energy damage part, as ultimates burns on horns.

Right now it is alright to set burn DOT but ain't that great. xD

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Well that is because it is fixed damage and it should have %energy damage part, as ultimates burns on horns.

Right now it is alright to set burn DOT but ain't that great. xD

But what about resistance? if i use the skill at level 2 it should cause 133 burn every 2 seconds, instead i got 66-93 with and without upgraded claws. if mobs are going to resist it, then your strengh should also count for the damage calculation.

• But what about resistance? if i use the skill at level 2 it should cause 133 burn every 2 seconds, instead i got 66-93 with and without upgraded claws. if mobs are going to resist it, then your strengh should also count for the damage calculation.

It isn't resistance it is burn defense.

Some mobs have it, some don't.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• It isn't resistance it is burn defense.

Some mobs have it, some don't.

Then if that's correct, some mobs should also get more damage from skill, right? i'm asking this because it was never the case for me in open beta, mobs always got less damage, no matter the upgrade in my claws, and yeah from 133 to 96 as max, is a big difference.

• Then if that's correct, some mobs should also get more damage from skill, right? i'm asking this because it was never the case for me in open beta, mobs always got less damage, no matter the upgrade in my claws, and yeah from 133 to 96 as max, is a big difference.

Some mobs don't have burn def, they will get full burn DOT.

Others with burn def, burn DOT will be reduced.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Iceman No. Like ColdHell wrote, the problem is, that the Claw sub weapon's damage isn't calculated into the Demon Wave burn DoT damage at all. Only the actual base energy damage you got from level and race & class stats, and from gloves is considered. The upgrade grade of your claw (which utilizes the Demon Wave's impact and dot damage) isn't considered. We tested it separately and compared results. With ColdHell's +5 claw, it did more damage with the burn dot than my own +13 claw, which is due to glove and base energy damage value differences.

This is kind of a big deal, as us DW's already suffer on the offensive department, and with a skill (Demon Wave) which was never great in retail. but which now is bugged and therefore worse on DBOG too.

• Some mobs don't have burn def, they will get full burn DOT.

Others with burn def, burn DOT will be reduced.

You didn't get what i'm saying, demon wave damage is calculated by claws, and no matter which claws you use, the damage doesn't change, and that is wrong, mobs can have burn defense, but even then they should take more damage because your weapon is highly upgraded and they don't take it, in fact they take much less

• What iceman is saying is correct, ill take the info from the skill calculator.

Demon wave has only a fixed damage, there is no % energy damage component to it. Hence if you have upgrades claws or not the damage should always be 349 at level 4.

??

We are referring to burn damage, if you use the skill then the blast will hit and cause a fixed damage, then the burn will start its effect but this burn that is supposed to be 133 with 2 sp and 157 with 3 sp, just causes 90 and sometimes even less.

Indeed mobs have burn defense, but serious no matter the claw you use, and the upgrade that you have on it, it always cause less damage than the one in the description, never more.

• We are referring to burn damage, if you use the skill then the blast will hit and cause a fixed damage, then the burn will start its effect but this burn that is supposed to be 133 with 2 sp and 157 with 3 sp, just causes 90 and sometimes even less.

Indeed mobs have burn defense, but serious no matter the claw you use, and the upgrade that you have on it, it always cause less damage than the one in the description, never more.

If you use RP power up it increases the burn damage by 615 at max lvl, but never the less, having the skill based on Claws would make it considerably stronger and much more useful in a DW's kit.

• If you use RP power up it increases the burn damage by 615 at max lvl, but never the less, having the skill based on Claws would make it considerably stronger and much more useful in a DW's kit.

Base damage is just too low, the skill is useless until you put 3 sp on it, and for that you must reach level 49.

Total damage of the skill with 3 sp and using rp like 3.5k and this doesn't change even when level 70, with 4 sp you will hit 3.5 - 4k damage, without rp and less damage because of this burn defense or skill being defective, lets calculate a fixed damage of 349 and a burn damage between 120 - 185 in the best of cases you have 1274, that sucks for a level 70 character.

If you just use dw for farming purpose i think is not that bad because mobs have between 7k-9k at level 70, but go and play ud and tmq against mobs with 20k-30k health, i'm not saying that dw should have powerful skils, but damage is just too low as it was in tw, and skill being bugged is just terrible.

I did a long comment but coldhell is just complaining about the dot damage not scaling, and in my case i have exact damage with level 25 claws and level 50 claws both +8, and in both cases the damage is lower than the description, not fair eh?.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!