Karma's are disgustingly broken

• We'd stand more a chance with a fixed Pleasant Feeling. Ultimate's Pleasant feeling not being able to cure Fear makes sense but not being able to cure confuse? I thought this was just a bug and was going to be fixed soon but come to find out Daneos meant to do this to "make Karmas useful" as if Ultis countered Karmas hard.

The problem was it cured Fear and the CD is too low. Sounds more like Daneos going "Oh no one really plays this class that much so I won't fix that but Steal Life i'll fix the hell out of that!" but I have faith he'll fix this soon.

• Well problem right now with ultimate is that it doesn't have %res accessory.

I have seen many times that ultimate simply win by resistance and reflect alone.

Tactikill , only way for you to have chance vs karma is simply switching from resistance + dex, yes dex, to your regular gearing.

On this joke of caps, no need to even test those stuffs, but on higher caps test them and you will resist most of debuffs.

One more, make sure that you do have reflect rings, both of them, on you in case karma goes full focus and success rate.

Still playing vs karma is mostly gear counter.

At least Ultimate majin have big chance of resistance, than other tank classes where you are at mercy of karma, changing gears and forcing karma to fk up somewhere but it is hard to corner good karma, but it is doable.

Like I said, don't care much about that problem in this cap, until we reach cap 70 where Ultimate Resistance King have chance.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I tried full dex/resist in pob, karma still succes around 80-90% and top of that you die alot quicker, horrible pay off

• Dont embarass yourself

In Dbog 70 cap Fighter will be resistance king because Ulti's resistance isn't fixed properly yet. This is common knowledge and I dont get how you 70 cap lovers think the worst cap in the game is the answer to everything.

Sirab , when I talked about dex cranes, people as you with fix ideas, joke around until it become reality.

Soo please, unless you test stuffs as we did back then, don't quote me ever again, thank you.

Cap 70 is answer for everything since this client is cap 70 client, until we reach it, you can't see full potential of classes.

I tried full dex/resist in pob, karma still succes around 80-90% and top of that you die alot quicker, horrible pay off

Then you face full foc karma, I test it with my SK and it was almost 3-4th debuff fail.

Karma is class like that, it have shit tons of focus, smart geared but really no other choice than use everything you gain to counter this class.

Still using, dex earrings only while keeping %LP armor and reflect boots, might be better but I know you already test most of this things I am saying and yea 1 %res ring and dex ring too.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Karma is top tier right now or maybe not anymore but they are not broken. I myself fought against Flundaa alot of times and I can proc his auto pot + normal pot with a dende (without reflect). The only way he can win is just use confuse with rp last 5 seconds and use senzu. If I had more dmg than I could kill him but sadly that won't happen. Dende's dmg won't increase much anymore.

Just something that Flundaa said: "SK could win easy against me if they had the right gear".

Moveover I think sk is broken. Sk has alot of cc + dmg. I made a video some time ago where I compare non-crit dmg from turtle with non-crit dmg from sk. Both same prop and around same stats on sub weapon. Sk does around the same dmg with his bold strike (without the bleed) as a turtle with his giant kame. But at the same time they are tanky af.

And yes karma is annoying for ultimate but I think ultimate was never designed to be a solo pvp char. PVP is not balanced so you can't expect to have a good chance with every class.

P.S. I also tested ultimates with full resist rate on pob and they resist around 40-50% of the cc skills. Sadly only ultimate can get such a high resistrate. I also tested fighter with full dex and resistrate but their resistrate ist just lame compared to ultimates.

• Cap 70 is answer for everything since this client is cap 70 client, until we reach it, you can't see full potential of classes.

Yeah, this hit the nail on the head. Karmas are the best PvP class, or at least they clearly were before some bugs were fixed this week. The Budokai results prove it. But this is just some artificial lvl55 cap on a lvl70 game. It makes perfect sense lvl55 balance would be a pile of crap when the current client and stats are designed for lvl70.

I doubt Karmas will remain the best masterclass this strongly at lvl70, even with Martial Artists and Ultimates being weaker at PvP than retail. For now, let's see if Karmas continue to rule the Budokais with some of their bugs fixed and act accordingly.

• Moveover I think sk is broken. Sk has alot of cc + dmg. I made a video some time ago where I compare non-crit dmg from turtle with non-crit dmg from sk. Both same prop and around same stats on sub weapon. Sk does around the same dmg with his bold strike (without the bleed) as a turtle with his giant kame. But at the same time they are tanky af.

In my opinion SK has the best base DMG in PvE but of course it's only the crits that make the DPS classes surperior in DMG.

And yes karma is annoying for ultimate but I think ultimate was never designed to be a solo pvp char. PVP is not balanced so you can't expect to have a good chance with every class.

P.S. I also tested ultimates with full resist rate on pob and they resist around 40-50% of the cc skills. Sadly only ultimate can get such a high resistrate. I also tested fighter with full dex and resistrate but their resistrate ist just lame compared to ultimates.

Thing is now that they can't cure Confuse on themselves you're going to need anti confuse so you can't just stack a bunch of resistance anymore. I played Karma in POB, landing a Confuse on someone with no anti confuse is always a great thing. Mean while Fighter benefits a lot from DEX (crit rate, dodge, resistance, defense rate) so while Ulti's can get high resistance with equips it's not always the way to go mean while Fighter full DEX is the main way to go. This is why players in POB fell back from Ulti's, their resistance got hurt a lot by the Res% on items being capped.

• Both to stay on topic and a slight bit off topic to bring something to the table that I tested today more closely.

Karma are an incredibly powerful class no matter what everyone wants to say. Effective in all aspects of the game and does everything better than what people consider the best class at doing whatever those classes excel at. I've said it multiple times before and I don't think it's vague at this state of the game, Karma are simply the best class in the game and will probably continue being so no matter how hard the nerfs come; however, they definitely need nerfing.

Every class has between 1~3 cc skills, whether those are Stun, immobilize, sleep, paralysis, etc.. the list goes on, but they always have between 1 and 3. The only true exception to this rule is Karma, who end up having around 7 different CC skills, most of which have a different effect. They have a Paralysis, an immobilize, a petrification, a stun, a skill lock, and 2 confusions.

Looking closely at that, the only things you can remotely anti are paralysis, confusions and the petrify. No one goes for the petrification because that would be a dumb way to end your life for not having the other two put down. even if you knock all those 3 out of the park completely (just to show) Karma still stands strong with "3" cc skills, which is the most any class can have without anti-cc accessories applied.

When you're in a match against a Karma, they're the ones dictating the pace, not you. It's up to you to try and find an opening, but usually end up in a combo vortex that leads to your death for one mini-mistake.

Another thing (which I tested today) is this: If your skill's animation is not fully done for some moves, the effects simply do not apply. Taking Dende's super Antenna beam (slightly different from the other 2), their staff slash, and their paralysis from antenna beam as an example, they can all be stunned/CC'd through if the animation is not fully finished. You (the user of the character) would see your skill fully hitting, doing the damage (sometimes you see it fully hit and you see on your log that you did the damage, but the opponent takes none at all), but not applying the effect -.- For skills that consume RP, this is incredibly frustrating! Many skills are like this for other classes, but every Karma skill is simply INSTANT, with an almost 0.2 sec animation time, not enough to do anything through. You are likely the one to be interrupted rather than interrupting them. If this doesn't get fixed, playing against karma is going to be a pain in the ass ALL the time.

Too busy bringing all those dogis put in Mateo's video to bother too much with the balance :P

Also, isn't Open Beta now? I thought Open Beta was the time when balance changes are gonna happen. Guess not.

The thing I fear the most is knowing that this cap system" served nothing other than urging people to spend more and to shut people who said "We want Open Beta" up so Daneos has time to fix bugs :( These caps are supposed to provide excellent and fun gameplay, but as of now they are simply stepping stones to discover more bugs, spend more money, and fix old bugs that weren't fixed before.

• xD , this insanly dumb , ofc we need to wait lvl 70 cap then balance xD , so we won't re balance it's logic / obvious can't see why peopole can't get such dumb thing

You know for someone who kept complaining about balancing not happening yet you sure are being defensive here. I'm going to guess you're not too keen of seeing your class getting nerfed more than it already has?

• You know for someone who kept complaining about balancing not happening yet you sure are being defensive here. I'm going to guess you're not too keen of seeing your class getting nerfed more than it already has?

mee talking about balance ? okey !

like i said it before i'am pve player , this changes do not affect mee bro i have speed buff / foc buff / passives / skill lock same i won't cry for somthing that do not hurt mee / affect mee , i'am maybe selfish but at least ii assume it wich isn't the case of most of you ( to not say all )

once again balance should bee at lvl 70 and it should start with stats before classe's

peace bro !

• Like I stated TheProdige , I would be really sad if this whole "caps" thing was just an illusion for people to spend money and to fix the level 70 cap bugs.

I would personally not mind 2018 without level 70 cap at all. I don't know about you, but I would personally love to see every cap play to its fullest potential and look awesome when the next cap comes.

Stating "We have to wait to level 70 to balance" is definitely not what I nor everyone else wants to hear. Of course there will be a re-balance, but that is by no means a reason to not balance this cap. I don't want to have a game balanced after level 70 for half a year that it isn't AT level 70. How long do you think balancing would take? If there are good minds to help Daneos figure this out, making PvP "semi-balanced" would be a 1 or 2 week job by max. Making it perfect is by no means what I'm asking for, but the bullshit needs to be taken out, we can ALL agree on that no matter how you define this "bullshit". Whether it is you thinking that Bold Strike does too much damage or that Karma have too much to work with, it doesn't matter, everything needs to be looked at!

I am not here to complain, I'm here to propose a future for this game. As it stands now, I am 100% sure this server will look exactly the same as it did in PoB; in other words, I know for a fact that people who play the game will last only a few months and desert the game from boredom. Those who played PoB will never want to go through the same trouble again knowing it wont be a fun road; however, if you span these level caps half a year each, all while maximizing the potential of each, you will 1- Earn more money through it because people will want to seriously get better and ENJOY the game to its fullest and 2- You will have a game that lasts a long time and be lovable.

I'm right about done here,

Have fun.

• First , hi long time no see hope u are doing great !

i personnaly would mind if the lvl 70 cap would bee too long , but i'am 1 person i represent only my self i will just stop playing until final cap ... cuz this cap and obviously the next one are borring AF , expect cc and bid1 mee as pve player i don't have any fun !

you know when peopole get borred they will stop this is what many of my guild mates saddly did -_- , so know i feel even more bored !

daneos and the staff should annonce at least a date ( i think they will do that next at the next weekly update )

balnace would take really really long , cuz no one will bee satisfied it' humans nature , so ii think that some stats need to bee nerfed some other buffed ( soul / str / cdr ) and some of them remouved ( bleeding defense same for poison and other dot lp regen and ep reg

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!