Karma's are disgustingly broken

• So if resist is being capped to 60%, so ultis only have to spend one sp on the resist passive correct?

But if resist is being capped in % manner, i guess wearing dex is a good idea since it gives pure resistance not an increased value through % ( iceman stated). but this affects the game quite bad cuz then fighters or even plasma might have a chance which might make them the OP resist masters.

Remember defense rate hasn't been activated in game, depending on how Daneos wants to use defense rate, cause after doing some research, apparently defense rate reduces the damage done on you and can be revealed when a blue Chinese sign appears on top of your head. From what we know the damage reduced can even be by 40%...who knows but it is up to Daneos. (THEORY)
    (this is the one that makes most sense to me,
    Since the name applies to it, `Defense RATE`

• So if resist is being capped to 60%, so ultis only have to spend one sp on the resist passive correct?

But if resist is being capped in % manner, i guess wearing dex is a good idea since it gives pure resistance not an increased value through % ( iceman stated). but this affects the game quite bad cuz then fighters or even plasma might have a chance which might make them the OP resist masters.

Remember defense rate hasn't been activated in game, depending on how Daneos wants to use defense rate, cause after doing some research, apparently defense rate reduces the damage done on you and can be revealed when a blue Chinese sign appears on top of your head. From what we know the damage reduced can even be by 40%...who knows but it is up to Daneos. (THEORY)
    (this is the one that makes most sense to me,
    Since the name applies to it, `Defense RATE`

No, Resist from accessories is capped at 60%. Resist is not actually capped, but you can only get up to 60% from accessories. This used to make Fighters an even bigger problem due to the fact you can get 56% + 56% + 60% + 60% from accessories, which is super powerful. Two 56% rings made fighters resist Gods, more than they already were, so that was nerfed. ALWAYS MAX THAT 302%!

• I think another thing with Karma is people are still discovering things with the class. What I mean by that is Karmas were never this played in any version of the game even 70 cap retail where they were needed for speed parties. So people are still discovering OP aspects with the class. People always knew the class was really good but now some of the "hidden" OP aspects of the class are now common knowledge.

Two 56% rings made fighters resist Gods, more than they already were, so that was nerfed. ALWAYS MAX THAT 302%!

The current formulas aren't final I don't think. An SK has resisted and dodged me and I have a max hit rate trumpet and FOC gloves. Sure they don't resist as often as they did in POB but it still happens. Though the dodge can be because of the Intense concentration buff.

Also speaking of balance I don't think Daneos wants to go about it by just buffing every class and keeping the OP class OP going by the recent update. He's going to buff the low tier/mid tier classes and we'll probably see some SK nerfs in the coming future just have to wait and see.

• If none of you can find an idea well here's what i think;

I-frames in this game are incredibly strong, because of how almost every spell has a long wind-up animation, making you able to easily dodge anything thrown at you (that isn't instant cast).

Put for exemple my matchup of Crane VS Karma, i do get openings thanks to my gears, but it does not matter at all as every single one of my spells have an atleast 1 second wind-up before hitting, and my sleep is 2 freaking seconds, my poison (for rp stun) is 1 second, the only way for me to win would be to end up like DiViNe, full +15 CCBD with maximum DEX and be RNG dependant, but i'm not a Fighter, i'm not relying on luck.

Shout's I-frame is way too long for how strong the spell is, it's a 45m 3second stun with a ~2 second iframe, on 18 second base cooldown (so 9 second with 50%cd).

Basically, you simply can NOT get hit as a Karma if you spam Shout.

I tried many things like slow then charge RP and KD with my 45m spell, but karma shouts right when my kd hits him.

I've also tried spamming dots whenever i get an opening, but he can shout WHILE getting hit and negate the dmgs.

Now yeah you can use it against them, but will you stay nearby the edge when he can RP confuse you/Stun you then ring you out ? well i did, it always ended up with me out.

• I still wonder why Karma Shout skill doesn't have cast time...

I mean, if CC skill is long range, it should have some cast time.

Maybe Karma Shout, should be as violent slice, then maybe skill lock too.

Shout 1 sec and Skill lock with 2 sec cast time would give opening for most of classes, I really look forward for discussion regarding this.

Still it wouldn't change much for karma in PVE.

What you guys think about this?

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I love that idea iceman you have my vote it makes perfect sense to do so

• I think another thing with Karma is people are still discovering things with the class. What I mean by that is Karmas were never this played in any version of the game even 70 cap retail where they were needed for speed parties. So people are still discovering OP aspects with the class. People always knew the class was really good but now some of the "hidden" OP aspects of the class are now common knowledge.

The current formulas aren't final I don't think. An SK has resisted and dodged me and I have a max hit rate trumpet and FOC gloves. Sure they don't resist as often as they did in POB but it still happens. Though the dodge can be because of the Intense concentration buff.

Also speaking of balance I don't think Daneos wants to go about it by just buffing every class and keeping the OP class OP going by the recent update. He's going to buff the low tier/mid tier classes and we'll probably see some SK nerfs in the coming future just have to wait and see.

that's true, I've played Karma for over 2.5 years in TW and can easily confirm to you that barely anyone else around was aiming to discover the class, rather just use what they already know is OP.

I personally don't like that 60% accessory since it downplays Ultimates greatly. I hope for a time where every single class has their own accessory caps for specific stats to limit their overpowered skills.

• Sendoku to make things worse, this new change which i'm pretty sure came in Open Beta which Badass mentioned

Another thing (which I tested today) is this: If your skill's animation is not fully done for some moves, the effects simply do not apply.

This only benefits Karma, doesn't matter the matchup, since they have all their stuns and can use their debuffs/attacks freely and the skills are also fast.

Yeah I have those same earrings and they work really well with an SK without a nice success rate necklace. But when they do have that it completely counters out all of your resistance from even your buff and passive.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!