Turtle Hermit or Crane Hermit?

• After levelling a swordsman and Shadow knight I am now going to start a Human spiritualist ,from looking at their abilities I have noticed that the main difference between the two is that one class(crane) has much more DoT damage whilst one of the strongest CC skills that a turtle has is his AoE stun ,i'm completely new to this class and I have very little knowledge of their abilities apart from a few differences.

Can someone please guide me which class is stronger and more popular ,at the moment i'm a free player so you should also know one of the reasons I started a hermit before a buffer class is because I want to farm and provide support to my SK and SM.

Also if you have any builds please link them to me ,thankyou all!

HermitDD II Turtle Hermit II Level 60

Slash4D II Shadow Knight    II Level 60

OneLootyBoi II Dark Warrior  II Level 50

OneHealingBoi II Dende Priest II Level 50

LegendaryDD II Swordsman II Level 50

OneBuffyBoi II Ultimate Majin II Level 60

DDCrane II Crane Hermit II Level 40

FighterDD II Fighter II Level 40

PokoDD II Poko Priest II Level 30

Yo what the f*ck?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?? -OneShottedByAnSK

• It depends of your play style, as turtle your life will be more easy coz turtle is more wanted in every party for everything.
    You can have nice grind as crane but turtle will do it faster and will be more effective, in 5 vs 5 turtle have more usefull features to offer than crane.
    Crane is better in 1 vs 1 but that does not mean turtle is bad.

• I'm willing to go cash as well but I can't seem to login everytime I try to in the cash charge menu ,idk what i'm doing wrong.

HermitDD II Turtle Hermit II Level 60

Slash4D II Shadow Knight    II Level 60

OneLootyBoi II Dark Warrior  II Level 50

OneHealingBoi II Dende Priest II Level 50

LegendaryDD II Swordsman II Level 50

OneBuffyBoi II Ultimate Majin II Level 60

DDCrane II Crane Hermit II Level 40

FighterDD II Fighter II Level 40

PokoDD II Poko Priest II Level 30

Yo what the f*ck?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?? -OneShottedByAnSK

• (I apologize in advance for bad english, I'm counting on the help of a translator xD)

If the Crane Hermit is not equipped with good equipment, it is limited to small groups of mobs or it dies easily. In practice you have to draw the mobs' attention to the area and use the "Tri-Beam Cannon" Knockdown, or strengthen the power if it has well-distributed points.

While the Turtle Hermit has a facility to summon large groups and apply the "Sudden Stun" and launch the "Super Kamehameha / Giant Kamehameha", without well equipped only 1 is enough.

The Crane is good for 1 vs 1, as he can put the target to Sleep and use his unique skill that does not remove the target of Sleep, "Dodon Barrage", besides being able to apply his peculiar ability, "Freeze", that in level 1 already leaves the target paralyzed for 18 seconds, but it has a "negative" effect, you can not move while paralyzing the target.

• lets make this plane and simple turtle hermit is damage now and crane hermit is damage a later thanks to the bruns and bleeds it had and it depends on what you want to be too a pvp or pve if ou like to kill mobs in one shot pick turtle hermit if you want them to die in a painful and slow death pick crane and crane kinda has a better chance against rank because once you have the bleed and bruns you can stop there movement with immobilize or slow them down with slow and use one of the engery attacks that decrease movement spped and your good with rank crane

• Basically right, pvp wise they're both good (female turtle) as the both have relevant and almost the same CC except that turtle have a short stun lock and crane has the long freeze (which imo makes the superior pvp wise as it suots their kit and is instant (can be used to cancel long animation skills)).

Grinding wise they're both great, just that crane can DoT and run around while mobs die or double DoT to kill faster, while turtle does instant 1-2 shots which makes it faster.

Now, the main difference between classes are the dependance on gear and availability of gear. I speak for a free player as a hardcore cashier can make zeni and bypass this (by spending a lot).

Cranes can function very well with average gear as it is more reliant on skill and most importantly, DoTs are static (meaning they do the same damage regardless of gear) AND THEY IGNORE DEFENCE. The huge issue of cranes are surviving/prevent getting hit long enough to win the match.

Turtle however are heavily gear dependant and you wont be doing much with less than average gear, but with great gear you can work wonders.

As far as availability goes, turtle majorly win in this at the current state of the game as the general rule of endgame dungeons are faster runs=more chances to get gear/quicker gear, and turtle does instant damage while cranes do it slowly over time. Besides the dps issue, cranes currently dont offer anything turtles cant excecpt decrease lp% (which is huge, but not enough). before freeze worked on every mob and it gave them a chance, but now it doesnt work on bosses so they aren't required as much.

Hope I helped ^-^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!