Is this upgrade system fair?

• Well well well, i farmed for 6 hours yesterday and I got 3 green and 5 whites, I used it on my pants, broken, use another, broken and now I use the last one broken.

And I bought 2 more green, one failed and the other... broken. So pretty much. I got ripped off of my zeni and I lost 6 hours for nothing except putting my pants down to +3.

You should not have this many broken a like I did so here is my suggestion. Actually increase the chance of success. Because if this is the BS I have to put up with now because upgrade can’t function fairly. Then no point even farming in the first place except for zeni.

dangerlord.png

tumblr_n0jaqoJedv1qiijr6o1_500.gif

Jr Master of FusionFall

11_small.pngFighter lvl60: DangerLord54

18_small.pngTurtle lvl44: RangerLord94

20_small.pngPoko Priest lvl17: SpeedLord24

19_small.pngShadow Knight lvl1: TankLord14

• I agree with you, this is a heavy issue for the common player.

My advice is that you buy stuff with the ++ included, there's no losing zeni in there, unless you are dumb and pay monstrous amount for a tiny ++ haha, jokes aside, this is the best choice for anybody having bad luck, since it seems the upgrade system won't change in the near future.

Cheers bru :P

• well. this happened to me TWICE. l=the last time I upgraded was last week and now today. so yeah, it is not just bad luck, the upgrade system is just ruins your time and effort on farming the stones.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• I agree. its look like the success chances are the same at the moment. it does not matter if it's +4 or +11 and higher. I can remember there was a thread about the upgrade system but I think they are totally wrong now:

Daneos wrote:

A new base for the upgrading system has been set.

-- Upgrade System

Max Equipment Grade: 15

Upgrade Rates:

[WEAPON]

Grade 0->6: 100%

Grade 6->7: 30%

Grade 7->8: 25%

Grade 8->9: 20%

Grade 9->10: 15%

Grade 10->11: 10%

Grade 11->13: 5%

Grade 13->14: 4%

Grade 14->15: 2.5%

[ARMOR]

Grade 0->4: 100%

Grade 4->6: 60%

Grade 6->8: 40%

Grade 8->9: 30%

Grade 9->10: 20%

Grade 10->11: 10%

Grade 11->13: 5%

Grade 13->14: 4%

Grade 14->15: 3%

Upgrade Success: Equipment grade +1.

Upgrade Fail: Equipment grade -1.

Upgrade Broken: Equipment grade reset to 0.

White Stone: White stones prevents the grade decreasing at fail. broken = decreasing by -2

Greater Upgrade Stone: Gives possibility to upgrade equipment by 1-3 grades (33% chance to get 1, 2 or 3)

source: Upgrade %

I think it needs a rework or at least an update of the information...

• this is just unbelievable. The success rate should start being under 50% is when you are over +9. these success rate is just not fair. this is further proves my point that the upgrade system just ruins your farming time and effort. I don't think anyone would buy the stones because from looking at this, it would be a waste of money to buy stones when the chance are so low. Daneos please make upgrade system more fairer.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• this has nothing to do with fair or not it is the original system from the game if you want better gear farm for it

if you wont farm for it stay afk a collect token for up stones in token shop xD

• this has nothing to do with fair or not it is the original system from the game if you want better gear farm for it

if you wont farm for it stay afk a collect token for up stones in token shop xD

Did i ever say what kind of gear i was upgrading. it was a lvl 60. so i can't use token on it. lvl 55 gear is easy to upgrade because of the token shop. but lvl 60+ stuff area different story, because you have to farm the stones. And i'm not going to spend all my zeni and become poor just to get one part of a gear. you would be lucky just to get your lvl 60 weapon to +10 and you lvl 60 armour to +8 at least.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• p2p would find the upgrade system fine because they can be rich from the cashing and get the stones easily. so they can spam the upgrade with their stones so they probably won't understand the problem. while we f2p won't have that kind of luck. At least increase the success rate to get f2p a chance to catch up.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• p2p would find the upgrade system fine because they can be rich from the cashing and get the stones easily. so they can spam the upgrade with their stones so they probably won't understand the problem. while we f2p won't have that kind of luck. At least increase the success rate to get f2p a chance to catch up.

You saying it yourself,by increasing the chances,p2p will get ++ ,p2p loosing real money,while we lose time and effort,its fair...we both loosing,otherwise if we both win the p2p will win x2 of what we f2p get and its unfair for both sides...

The game requires effort, time and luck,if you got a better recipe,please provide details,all mmorpgs are based on that though.

Cheers.

• How about instead of upgrade taking 1 stone and having a fail rate, it'd take more stones and be always success?

With that stone drop rate would have to be decreased, obviously, but some rng would be eliminated. I'd suggest lowering stone drop rate on the map to drastically and setting decent rate in UDs

• You saying it yourself,by increasing the chances,p2p will get ++ ,p2p loosing real money,while we lose time and effort,its fair...we both loosing,otherwise if we both win the p2p will win x2 of what we f2p get and its unfair for both sides...

The game requires effort, time and luck,if you got a better recipe,please provide details,all mmorpgs are based on that though.

Cheers.

What i'm saying is that to increase the success rate at least to a fair rate. I'm not saying anything like remove the broken or make it 2 cards. I'm trying to just increase the success rate. I know the upgrade requires luck, time and all that. BUT, the p2p can buy the stones easily and they can upgrade and get their gear to a good +. while f2p have to suffer on farming. and they have to at least have a good set of gear which they don't since they can't upgrade like the p2p. I'm saying just increase the success rate where they can at least get to +8 at least. and any farming that f2p do will be a waste if all their stones that they got will just give them broken fails which will downgrade their gear. I'm doing this thread to try and get the f2p to catch up to the p2p when lvl 60 and when lvl 70 comes as well.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• How about instead of upgrade taking 1 stone and having a fail rate, it'd take more stones and be always success?

With that stone drop rate would have to be decreased, obviously, but some rng would be eliminated. I'd suggest lowering stone drop rate on the map to drastically and setting decent rate in UDs

NONONONONO. the casher can just use the stone from wagu and be ahead of the f2p even more.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• What i'm saying is that to increase the success rate at least to a fair rate. I'm not saying anything like remove the broken or make it 2 cards. I'm trying to just increase the success rate. I know the upgrade requires luck, time and all that. BUT, the p2p can buy the stones easily and they can upgrade and get their gear to a good +. while f2p have to suffer on farming. and they have to at least have a good set of gear which they don't since they can't upgrade like the p2p. I'm saying just increase the success rate where they can at least get to +8 at least. and any farming that f2p do will be a waste if all their stones that they got will just give them broken fails which will downgrade their gear. I'm doing this thread to try and get the f2p to catch up to the p2p when lvl 60 and when lvl 70 comes as well.

I can see where you coming from,but again there should be a gap between 2 factions and under that we both using the same chances,if anything needs to be tweaked,that should be the drop rate,but again not in huge way,the upgrade system its fine atm its fair for both factions, since its rng based,if you increase or decrease anything on that system,the rng aspect fades and it is not fair anymore...

• I can see where you coming from,but again there should be a gap between 2 factions and under that we both using the same chances,if anything needs to be tweaked,that should be the drop rate,but again not in huge way,the upgrade system its fine atm its fair for both factions, since its rng based,if you increase or decrease anything on that system,the rng aspect fades and it is not fair anymore...

how can you say it is fair when the chance of success is below 50% when it start getting to +4.(information from Kamo). and especially when you get broken and fails 80% of the time. And why should there be a gap? if there is a gap then f2p will not be happy with the game. This is not Britain in the 1900s where there should be a difference if you pay or not.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• The way i see it fair,is from the way we have to deal with the failure,as both sides,as long the gap for both sides its fair as well,1 hour gameplay x amount of stones,while x + x0.5 or more gain on p2p,the gap provides competition and resources to the players and also sustains income...

• the droprate of stones are ok. mostly u drop blue and red stones or downgrade stones and white stones. purple and green stones are still rare. most people dont need these +1 stones thats why u can find them cheap as a huge amount in the auctions house. they want use purple and green stones at +5 weapons and +6 gear. from wagu u can get u70 whites only at the moment and they are even harder to get then white stones from monster drops. there should be a better drop balance between red/blue stones and purple/green stones if the upgrade system stay the same.

or is here someone who would try to upgrade to +10-15 with blue/red stones when u get -2 downgrade with the broken card (used white stones)? i dont think so

• So after 6h of grind you want make full equip +15?
    i made my fan +14 with 4 stone and my glove is still +8 and i used on it already over 35 purple, do i cry? nah i go farm again like everyone else.

The upgrade system i way eassier than it was before, even the drop rate is better and ppl still complain because they didnt play on real dbo version.

• from trying to upgrade my gear the last week. I lost 30kk but tbh, that was my fault.

Not to be rude but m8 if you dropped 3 green and 5 white in 6 hours of farming thats your fault.

how the hell is it my fault. I farmed like any other people and you just got to be lucky to get some good stone drops like green or purple. I also got some reds and blues as well so idk what are you talking about from saying it is my fault.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!