Turtle Hermits: Are they balanced enough for PvP?

• One of the things I noticed is that you don't see a lot of Turtles in Budokai. I don't know if I'm missing something or what, but anyway do you think Turtle Hermits are balanced enough for PvP or do you think they can use some tweaking such as, say, making an alteration to Turtle Book that fits both genders? Discuss.

• But you know Divine?...

Also nerf turtle book!...

I don't think anyone sane who wants a solo and party pvp char will make a turtle. Giving rp to males won't change that.

Glascannon without dmg that is turtle right now (ofc if you don't get that lucky crit, that does a thrid of the dmg as in tw).

With a good party you can manage, having 2 nerfed classes in your line-up makes it even harder tho.

• Yeah turtle hermit is enough balanced in my eyes, he have sleep, slow + slow decrease skills that made insta stun, shield lock, paralize and rp book, he dont need anything, all what you need is settle how to deal with your opponent but he doing better work in 5 vs 5 anyway.
    Also these turtles who stay around arena and one shot everything...

• I know Divine and how he dominated in retail, but here he isn't having much luck. As for Turtle book, how does it need nerfing? In fact, can you list what changes in DBOG that nerfed Turtles?

• I was beeing sarcastic on what allways is said in these discussions.

There is a reason why only buggersailormoon reached place 2 so far in solo and in parties the regular top4 parties mostly containing of dende, ulti, sk and plasma.

I even have to go full con to not die the first 5 seconds.

They have all these "balanced" skill set, yet no one has managed so far. Should be clear to see

• I was beeing sarcastic on what allways is said in these discussions.

There is a reason why only buggermoon reached place 2 so far in solo and in parties the regular top4 parties mostly containing of dende, ulti, sk and plasma.

I even have to go full con to not die the first 5 seconds.

They have all these "balanced" skill set, yet no one has managed so far. Should be clear to see

So really they are balanced, but no one has been able to make it far in PvP.

• Turtles are not weak by any means, They are infact really good if the player knows how to utilize there skill set. The only problem with turtles is that they are similar to Swordsman and what i mean by that is they will consume all your resources in order to be good. Very expensive to gear. The trouble is people do not give them the time and resources needed to learn and master the class. I personally prefer crane style of pvp though.

• Turtles are not weak by any means, They are infact really good if the player knows how to utilize there skill set. The only problem with turtles is that they are similar to Swordsman and what i mean by that is they will consume all your resources in order to be good. Very expensive to gear. The trouble is people do not give them the time and resources needed to learn and master the class. I personally prefer crane style of pvp though.

What gear we're talking exactly?

• With turtle you cant skip corners it has to be all in or not in at all when it comes to gear. If you really want to excel as Turtle you need to have CCBD Armor Set for the Cooldown Bonus since DBOG cooldown is a more strict that retails cooldown. For a majority of match ups you will need props on earrings and good prop not half ass props, These matchups include Fighters, SM, Karma etc. You will also need a wide variety of anti stun sets for anti confuse anti para and so on in order to counter. The thing that makes Turtles unique is there ability to infinity combo as most of you would know by divines videos. At 55 cap it was hard but at 60 cap you have all the skills needed to excel for sure. I would say there is only 2 classes that have a upper hand against turtles and that is Crane and Swordsman both of these classes if they are good can give you a very hard time. You will also not win on gear alone you must know how to counter each and every class to the best of your ability and that wont be learnt right away need to practice:thumbup:The ability to use both Physical and Energy Defense CC gears is a massive bonus for turtles able to utilize high stats and insane defense with cooldown implemented is a massive bonus.

• I believe we still have to see a prodigy for turtle, but as of right now no one really has taken the time, resources and effort to make this class excel from others. Same thing goes for swordsman, but swordsman (I played TW) atm is like 20% of what it used to be, no joke, SM used to be the king of all classes, ofc, when it came to PvP, and that's ok since its sole purpose was to be for PvP (it can do right on PvE, not saying the opposite thing). But yea, it's hard to see any of these classes winning 2 or more times 1st place budokai or even 1 time 1st place (without the right gear, by that I mean OVER THE TOP gear and for skill same thing).

• right now turtles are awful because for some reason giant kame deals less damage than super kame, i regret playing this class when i could have picked karma instead

If your Super Kame is dealing more damage than your Giant Kame and you have them both maxed (Level 60) then that is simple because your gloves (Super Kame) Is stronger than your Wand (Giant Kame)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!