Achievement System Ideas

• So I think there is no point in adding achievements unless they actively encourage and motivate the players to play the game. And your idea about killing Raditz 100 times is pointing in the right direction. One of the highlights of this game are the TMQs, but they are simply not worth doing a lot right now and most of the time in general sadly. Especially in lv60 cap almost all of the best gear comes from the CC dungeon.

So why not give some real incentive to spam them by giving out significant rewards?

Lets say you have to complete some amount of the highest level TMQ in the present cap and if you do that you get some type of gear, take the class weapons for example. The best ones right now are from CC because they are lv60 legendary and have the highest base stats. You can only get them from doing CC100 multiple times. And the second best is the lv58 legedary weapon you can drop in TMQ but it is worse because you get less stats and less effects because they are not lv60. So what if you make an alternative version of the TMQ weapons, reskin them (which should be possible since you add new dogis right? maybe just recolor them into something cooler looking, make them all gold and shiny or something) and readjust their stats to match those of the CC ones. Maybe even give them some kind of desired stat for the class but dont max it out.

This would also alleviate the pain of free to play players who always complain about not being able to catch up, and more importantly allow classes that cant do CC100 runs easily to obtain the best available weapon. CC100 already rewards you with rare dogi balls and you can still get the weapon there if you chose to do so. But I think an alternative (a cooler looking one at that) would be very welcome.

You can apply this concept to any kind of gear but the class weapons are the easiest to do because they dont give any additional effects when farmed in the CC dungeon.

Also if you want to encourage doing other TMQs or dungeons you can make it so you can only start working towards the weapon after you did some of the other stuff that rewards you with all kinds of titles that people have come up with.

• Clear all CCBD 150 Titles to unlock Dungeon Survival Title containing all the max stats from red, blue, and green.

you know that this title is almost impossible to get , all red , bleu and green aura's it's like 20 aura with random drop so you can do 20 run and have always same aura i guess

• This Title system is used in many games but it does have it's downside.

Right now having a title is pretty common with zeni, titles that do not have effects such as Budokai titles have a special aura around them. Adding other titles over mediocre things for example, killing saibamen will just make the title system boring.

Try something like this:

Rare drop titles from UD bosses (Perhaps add in status effects too?)

Throw in TMQ titles (I mean it follows up with the storyline of DBO)

Weekly top ten ranked battle title?

If what you're asking for is cosmetic achievements then your best bet is zeni benchmarks/level benchmarks or maybe Powerlevel?

• I personally don't do PvP I enjoy more PvE but I know many many people love PvP. I think a good idea would be to add better rewards for winning or just participating (I know... mudosa points) but if many of your players is into PvP thinking about adding something new to it would be wise. Another thing I consider good idea is to create weekly goals for guilds or monthly goals. Something that make guild's players want to play more and more just to achieve it. I hope you're doing this great work, I really enjoy it.

• How about...weekly achievements?

You get an achievement for beating each final boss you defeat in each UD/TMQ, getting/assisting 1000 mob kills, doing 20 quests, winning 10 PvP ranked matches, completing a randomized bounty list of 10 Bosses/Ultras in the overworld, etc. These achievements reset every week, so both the achievements and rewards are small and renewable. Players can keep coming back for them increasing the list of things to-do permanently, all game content will be better used, and we won't see people do TMQ2 100 times in a row for that 1 title with the best stats, then complain a week later there's nothing to do.

Example rewards could be; a Senzu Bean, 10.000 EP/LP autopot, 1-day Red Fuel, a pack of Yardrat Memory teleporters or Popo Candy, a CC ticket(F31~F41?), a brown skill book, a free extra blue+red upgrade stone or white stone(using game's lvl-cap), a pack of EV stat potions, a brown box, a dogi ball, etc.

Things like getting to a certain number of zeni, dying, adding friends, or being in a big guild would obviously be abuse-able. Meanwhile achievements for beating high CC floors, winning Budokai, or killing 1 million mobs would only be relevant to hardcores ALREADY hooked to DBO, whilst giving nothing to the casual crowd that needs motivation and variation in the first place. I'm not saying permanent achievements with titles as reward can't exist, but on their own they won't work for most people.

• At the end of all tmqs , Make a final general boss after talking to trunks ( Towa maybe) , boss fits with the tmq lvl

Exemple :

Tmq7 lvl 58 , all party need to be 58 to make the event boss , towa.

Tmq1 lvl 25 : all party need to be lvl 30 MAXIMUM, to make the event boss.

If Towa is the boss , so title can be , Demon Destroyer or Police time Patroller

This title can give : Succes rate 30 hit rate 40 / Prop 2

NOTICE : If the title effect will be prop 2 , the boss need to be hard to kill for all lvl's.

Sorry for the english.

• Finish ALL quests possible for your class should give something special so that more players actually "play" the game and not just "powerlevel".. it shouldn't be something consumable(like boxes), it should be something that lasts and give players a nice boost.

i think he should add that when all quests get translated.

• title of ccbd 150 is best...

• DetalhesDetalhes

Code
    Valuing as UDS and tmqs with titles would not be bad and the Dojo for a title itself would be great
  • Acheivments should give stats to the player. Like an acheivment when done increases max LP by small amount and it stays as passive forever.

It's up to you if you want to make it be shared to all characters in one account. I think if it's shared it would affect kid budokai alot.

I think adding stats like LP, dodge, EP, Physical attack. Etc.. Is recommended because stats like dex, con, Focus would be OP if stacked but it's up to you.

This maybe off-topic but i gonna say it, add daily login gifts.

• my achievment idea:

Kill ALL Bosses CCBD 5-150 and BID 1-4 once while you had every masterclass of the game in your partys.

this would change this " only 5 class meta "

i dont have reward ideas yet but it has to be something very good to make it worth to farm this achiev.

• Achievement should be a special dog, or something cool that binds to your charc.

Maybe blue ssj potion (only color transformation) that won't be like a mod transformation.

E. G others see u as blue ssj, despite them not having any mods.

• Achieving max level class mastery, gives you a cool title for each class. For example crane max level mastery gives you a title "Searing crane". Also you get a special dogi for only that class.

Also make achievements that gives skill points, special effects, special aura.. etc.

Collecting achievements like if you collected certain dogis , set of armor and weapons.. etc. You get rewards.

Killing monsters. Especially bosses around the maps or inside dungeons.

Winning ranked/budokai certain times or participate in them. Dojo scramble too.

Unlocking maps let's you have titles and rewards.

For rewards i suggest give tokens plus adding new items regularly in token shop.

Like dogis, vehicles, pets, ccbd tickets. etc.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!