How DBOG can become a better game

• Hi, been following this thread for a little while and decided to join this discussion since it has some valid points but there are still some dots left if this gets implemented.

1. This isn't as easy as it looks to make it right. If players got their skill animation speed boosted, then people would be able to use more skills on their opponents while they're immobilized, so obviously it would become messy and require a lot of adjustments because with long stunts and fast skill animation it would be more like "who stunts first" type of battles than now, so those changes have consequences, even though the idea sounds interesting. Speeding up walking wouldn't really harm unless it's done the way that it would hurt spiritualists.

5. I never liked the part where players can dodge skills by doing absolutely nothing, but you haven't thought about what would happen to some skills. Scintillation skill does exactly what you suggested and if guard was guaranteed all the time, then this skill would lose it's value completely when swordsmen are usually the ones who block skills in mmos. You need to come up with an alternative for that skill. Blocking would definitely make more sense than doing nothing and evading attacks, but wonder how that would go considering it'd be a first thing to do in battles and guard crash would be very tricky since some classes can instantly charge up their rp. Alternatively, "guard" could guaranteed block only a certain amount of damage instead of blocking everything. For example, if you use guard before your enemy unleashes some kind of powerful skill, that skill would deal x-x% less damage. You get the idea, how much damage it would block is entirely not up to me, but normally blocking with bare hands in real life and dragon ball would only protect you from a certain amount of damage. That way guard would be useful for every class and it wouldn't protect you entirely, just damage would be significantly lower and it would still give you an advantage in battle if you're actually willing to use strategies.

Well those are the things I wanted to discuss the most, we'll see how it goes.

• Hi, been following this thread for a little while and decided to join this discussion since it has some valid points but there are still some dots left if this gets implemented.

1. This isn't as easy as it looks to make it right. If players got their skill animation speed boosted, then people would be able to use more skills on their opponents while they're immobilized, so obviously it would become messy and require a lot of adjustments because with long stunts and fast skill animation it would be more like "who stunts first" type of battles than now, so those changes have consequences, even though the idea sounds interesting. Speeding up walking wouldn't really harm unless it's done the way that it would hurt spiritualists.

5. I never liked the part where players can dodge skills by doing absolutely nothing, but you haven't thought about what would happen to some skills. Scintillation skill does exactly what you suggested and if guard was guaranteed all the time, then this skill would lose it's value completely when swordsmen are usually the ones who block skills in mmos. You need to come up with an alternative for that skill. Blocking would definitely make more sense than doing nothing and evading attacks, but wonder how that would go considering it'd be a first thing to do in battles and guard crash would be very tricky since some classes can instantly charge up their rp. Alternatively, "guard" could guaranteed block only a certain amount of damage instead of blocking everything. For example, if you use guard before your enemy unleashes some kind of powerful skill, that skill would deal x-x% less damage. You get the idea, how much damage it would block is entirely not up to me, but normally blocking with bare hands in real life and dragon ball would only protect you from a certain amount of damage. That way guard would be useful for every class and it wouldn't protect you entirely, just damage would be significantly lower and it would still give you an advantage in battle if you're actually willing to use strategies.

Well those are the things I wanted to discuss the most, we'll see how it goes.

1- but actualy this game is how you said, crane vs crane first sleep win, fighter vs fighter first stun win, look at budokai fights, fighter vs fighter these fights ends after 15 sec, stun > shot> win, because here is no real chance to guard from opponent skills they killing each other for one shot.

And i didnt write it because i was sure that its obvious when we will boost walking speed we will boost also spirtualist slow by 30% is logic.

Every class have 2-3 main skills that do real dmg, today ssj boost animation skills by 20% do you see big changes in pvp? do you see humans who doing longer combo? and use more skills? nope this change will be more visible in long fights and pve.

5- so we have guard skill that is working only for one class aka sword but in his strategy for whole fight he keep his opponent on ground or one shot you not bad.
    Today no one is using guard because is basing on luck, guard means guard like in all normal games i have already idea how the skill should works and sword won't lose anything

• 1- Game dynamic (today game is slow and sleepy)

# speed up the animation of all skills by 30%, speed up walking by 15%, speed up monsters walk and attack by 20%, make this game more agressive.

I'm against that, it will make game so broken.

2- Keep players in game (give them reason for stay longer, today when player finish his equip or when he is bored of his class or he want take a break from it, he think about another class, but when he think that he will have to start everything from 0 and spend months on making same shlt again he give up)

# Add item for change subclass, item should avaiable from tokens and cash shop, dont force ppl to cash for have fun, item should be used once per month or permanently.
    #Change bind system from character to account - Upgrade/change system of Yardat watrehosue key: your bank should be shared between characters where you have used Yardat watrehosue key
    thanks to this players will be able to share thier cc rewards between characters on the same account for example they can go to cc as dende put reward to bank and use in on fighter, same with accesory from dragon/cc etc.. With this they will have reason for make another character and continue playing, Yardat watrehosue key should be also added to token shop, and work permanently after use. would be nice if daneos would also let players buy more bank capsules in bank.

#add life skills, fishing is not hard to made at start but will help players who can't cash or grind for all days.

#add more events/activities at weekend.

nice idea man, we really need an account sharing bank to trade bind items between characters like CC materials, bind armor accessory...etc.

sub class item change should be in token shop too but for like 10,000 tokens, also the gender changer item should be in token shop too.

4-Staff/team
    #Some staff/dbog team members overact at a lot of things and they are very sensitive they act like they never played game before, they mute and ban for everything, you can't see censore and rule like this even in official big game releases.

#Support in this game is mistake in every aspect of this word.

you are right man but they working hard too we should appreciate that from them.

5-pvp (PVP is basing on luck)

#Stop with the luck to win and make stats/skills work propretly, lets start from guard skill, show me a game where when you use guard/block and you think if this skill will work and if you will be lucky this time...

This is not how the skill should work when you press guard here should be 100% guard/block this will increase player brain cells in pvp, he can use guard when he see player who casting skill and the player who casting skill can cancel it when he see guard and try finish him with guard break, this is how pvp should work, stop with the fakin luck.

i like that idea very very much, the game will be so fun if guard skill changed like that,and if you guard too much then other player will use guard break rp against you.

the game will be transformed from luck based to brain skill based.

i think this will make the game abit like For Honor.

• 1- but actualy this game is how you said, crane vs crane first sleep win, fighter vs fighter first stun win, look at budokai fights, fighter vs fighter these fights ends after 15 sec, stun > shot> win, because here is no real chance to guard from opponent skills they killing each other for one shot.

And i didnt write it because i was sure that its obvious when we will boost walking speed we will boost also spirtualist slow by 30% is logic.

Every class have 2-3 main skills that do real dmg, today ssj boost animation skills by 20% do you see big changes in pvp? do you see humans who doing longer combo? and use more skills? nope this change will be more visible in long fights and pve.

5- so we have guard skill that is working only for one class aka sword but in his strategy for whole fight he keep his opponent on ground or one shot you not bad.
    Today no one is using guard because is basing on luck, guard means guard like in all normal games i have already idea how the skill should works and sword won't lose anything

Well don't get me wrong, I am supporting your ideas mostly, just ssj isn't something that people actually use in closed world pvp. 30% speed animation would certainly benefit every class but stunts and etc weren't designed for that speed so how it would be only tests could answer, but it would have some detrimental effects for sure. Now guard is tricky, it simply can't just protect you from everything so I gave an alternative on how it would not be too powerful and also useful because even if people used guard crash to trick guard users in open world pvp which would be kind of something nice and new to see, mob kd/stunt spam wouldn't be as challenging as it is a bit now. So it's not like it's going to work perfectly without any additional complains and adjustments that I didn't mention because I mainly support this idea. Taking less damage by x-x% would be easier to accomplish for starters, not sure how it would work for debuffs though. Either way, the idea is good so I would like to see guard being more than just a skill for a colorful effect, but you still didn't mention how it would not affect scint though.

• I think the problem is about Intel or Nvidia.

I run Win 10 with full AMD and it runs without any freeze, but in my gf's computer it freezes sometimes (especially on login when char has guild) and her computer is Win 10 with Intel+Nvidia.

• For better graphic need better game engine and new client and a lot of ppl who will work on it is not that easy, cosmetique things are always welcome in every game, most of community dont care about the story, the game is not even translated in 100% and i dont think that you read the text from npc hen you make quest you just skip it like everyone, the 10 fps feel is because of slow animations of skills, slow walk everything should be boosted by 30% at least as i said before i dont even grind without ssj because i feel so slow these skills taking forever, thats why pve is overtaked by attack speed party and normal party is waste of time there's no comparison.

When i say story u think i talk about quest ? xD , ofc no one care.

The story game is the advancement of the tragedy.

Exemple :

10 years after , cell attack korin village and erase all the map , but great worriars ( players ) survive and creat a new place ( story add map ) on the sky waiting for the warriors who will defeat Cell.

Things like that happens generaly in big game realese , but idk , maybe/

• I'm against that, it will make game so broken.

We can test it easy on kaioken just add same effect as on ssj but 30% actualy kaioken should be faster than ssj.

Either way, the idea is good so I would like to see guard being more than just a skill for a colorful effect, but you still didn't mention how it would not affect scint though.

Here is my suggestion:

202.png - Guard

# Level Effect Cost Range Cast Time Duration Cooldown
    1 9 decrease incoming dmg by 25% - 100% succes 150EP every 1 sec when skill use
    - - 0:00:05 0:00:12
    2 30 decrease incoming dmg by 50% - 100% succes
    250EP every 1 sec when skill use - - 0:00:07 0:00:10
    3 55 Blocks incoming attacks -100% succes 300EP every 1 sec when skill use
    - - 0:00:10 0:00:08

202.png - Guard / old

# Level Effect Cost Range Cast Time Duration Cooldown RP Abilities
    1 9 Blocks incoming attacks 21 EP - - 0:00:05 0:00:12 -
    2 18 Blocks incoming attacks 44 EP - - 0:00:07 0:00:10 -
    3 27 Blocks incoming attacks 70 EP - - 0:00:10 0:00:08 -
  • Now this is what I was talking about, I like the way you designed it. Although I'm not sure if 100% wouldn't be too much, but with lower levels I definitely agree.

• Now this is what I was talking about, I like the way you designed it. Although I'm not sure if 100% wouldn't be too much, but with lower levels I definitely agree.

If here wont be 100% here will be again everything depends of luck, i wont invest 3sp on skill that wont give me warranty for block something when i want. this game need 100% working block for block stuns, sleep, skills and break other player combo etc. this will change pvp a lot, look at black dessert or blade and soul fights and how important block is here, also players need spend 3sp on it thats mean they will also lose something as crane i have already lacks of sp, also dont forget about guard break which will become more usefull coz today no one is using guard and guard break in real pvp only in arena for fun, 100% working block will add more features to pvp and make it more interesing.

• skill Lost in time for cranes please.

• If here wont be 100% here will be again everything depends of luck, i wont invest 3sp on skill that wont give me warranty for block something when i want. this game need 100% working block for block stuns, sleep, skills and break other player combo etc. this will change pvp a lot, look at black dessert or blade and soul fights and how important block is here, also players need spend 3sp on it thats mean they will also lose something as crane i have already lacks of sp, also dont forget about guard break which will become more usefull coz today no one is using guard and guard break in real pvp only in arena for fun, 100% working block will add more features to pvp and make it more interesing.

I absolutely agree with u! this is gread Idea! no one or not much people use the guard skill... pvp will be more interesting!

• 100% working block will kill PVP for many classes. A turtle wont be able to sleep anymore and will always die. However damage reduction on block is a great idea. Then I would adjust the guard Crash RP as well to ignore the damage reducing effect of block.

This way block would be great to reduce damage but can also be a risk factor that might get you killed

• 100% working block will kill PVP for many classes. A turtle wont be able to sleep anymore and will always die. However damage reduction on block is a great idea. Then I would adjust the guard Crash RP as well to ignore the damage reducing effect of block.

This way block would be great to reduce damage but can also be a risk factor that might get you killed

lol you're totally wrong, turtle/cranes always wear rp shoes so when they see guard they cancel skill and load rp and with rp they use skill with guard break, with guard turtle will be way better in pvp because he will be able to survive fighter/sword /karma/ sk combo , im not sure if you even pvp if you saying that block will kill pvp better kys kek, your post is mistake and you dont know about what are you talking. actually here is no one who will lose something because every class will be able to gain something if he will use guard in right moment and cancel it. Pvp will be more strategic and more about knowledge of other class skills. Also as i know turtle at start spam slow not sleep so when the fight will start and your oponent will press guard so you can load your rp and wait with slow until he finish or finish him with guard break this is how pvp should be, you're wrong af..

today as turtle you can do shlt against karma, sk, crane, sword, fighter and turtle vs turtle is first sleep win and you saying that my suggestion will kill pvp you know shit about pvp, like today you can do shit in pvp with your turtle, crane always will sleep you faster, karma will kill you on one lock, sword/ fighter with speed shoes and dash skill will one combo you, so dont tell me that my suggestion will kill something, because my suggestion adding more balance and demand more skill from player.

• For the first time ever, I'm agreeing with you and you've made some valid arguments in the comments. There are people who complain about new changes and ideas cause they wanna see the game remain the same...but with that lies a problem, if we don't change up something sooner or later and bring in new things, this game will die like it did in 2013 and then everyone will just complain. We need to accept the idea of new changes, as long as they're logical and make sense to implement of course. If it's just random absurd idea like "Add super saiyan blue" then most definitely not. So I definitely support some of your ideas.

• Agree with all points, specially with the guard thing.

1. it should block 100%

2. i tought about the possibility to cancel spells too to make it more useful and skilled, atm u can see your opponent is casting but you cant guard fast enough cause animation time takes forever and theres no chance to cancel it.

BUT really you miss 1 extreme important point it should be on top of the list!

WTF IS THIS PVP??

players ( except nameks) have around 5000 hp on level 60 without equip, with 1 piece of CON 20+ you get somewhere on 7k+ hp.

Players dealing INSANE DMG for this level, a fighter critted me for 11k dmg with 1 single super high speed needle while i have over 3k physical defense

SK Dots ticking over 1k with 3,5k + energy def and thats just 2 examples. wtf is this game ?

seriously... compare this with better balanced games.

World of Warcraft on lvl 80 was pretty good balanced and the dmg numbers in DBO remind me to it.

but thats just 20 levels higher and every player have 25k-35k hp depending on gear/class and u can still die pretty fast there ! but here? joke pvp!

the HP per level scaling and the dmg scaling with level/gear is really bad, specially on high level chars i think pvp on lvl 30 is not that bad !

also pyhsical and energy def need more dmg reduction OR we need a new stat in game which reduce the incoming dmg from other players.

really sad to have such a bad pvp cause this game has a real high potential! i love the abilities and char movement

but this pvp is like dodge resist or die all based on luck and no skill at all only PVE is fun to play here atm.

level 30 pvp seems to be "OK" but above its getting ridicolous.

so my suggestion is :

1.Increase the base HP per level so everybody get around 17-20k hp on lvl 60

2. Rework Guard Skill , this is my idea about cancel animations :

skills ( for exampe multiple sword slashes)

Skills like that do not deal all the dmg with 1 single hit i think its 7 or 8 fast hits in a row( the combat log shows it as 1 hit but its not)

guard should instantly stop the animation and the Skill should not deal his full dmg then

lets say multiple sword slashes being 7 hits and the skill deals exactly 7000 dmg ( 1k with every hit)

if you cancel it to use guard after 4 of those 7 hits it should be only 4000 dmg

im sorry for my bad english cant explain it better

3. increase Physical/Energy Defense Scaling( i dont know the dmg reduction calculation please someone tell me )

please do it and make this game skilled!

its just the first thing to do pvp would still need fine tuning but with this change its going to be enjoyable.

whoever is a good pvp player in any game should agree with my oppinion that 11k dmg dealt to players which have 5k base hp is a goddamn joke. also its 0% authentic with the dragonball anime, some fights was like 10 episodes

and in this game which is based on the anime the strongest chars die in 3 seconds lol

( maybe PVE would get a bit to easy with more hp, in that case all monsters need a dmg increase to adjust it )

• The problem is with con values for humans they are not only low defense creatures but they also have the lowest con calculations so they dying just by reflect from tanky classes because of low LP and human vs human fights are short, its end usually after few sec because the human damage comprared to human defense/hp is mistake.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!