How DBOG can become a better game

• Do you mean by that we take out the luck depending upgrading system and change it with that one? What is pros and cons for this change?

• here is no mmorpg that offer you 100% successful upgrade, let's think about top mmorpg today which is black desert you can grind for months and when you upgrade accessory you can succes or fail when you fail your item and all the money is gone, so upgrade system in dbo is pretty easy compared to black desert, players already can go easy +11/12 is enough, before in Tw/hk when you had gear +8/+10 you was happy and gameplay was harder, today the standard is +11/+12 and gameplay is already easier, cc/grind etc... Daneos won't change it for sure he already make upgrade system easier 100% successful upgrade to +15 will ruin this game no one will upgrade item and wasting money before the final cap, until lvl 70 game economy will dying because everyone will collect money for get stones at final cap, that's mean all lvl caps before

the final will be useless.

• here is no mmorpg that offer you 100% successful upgrade, let's think about top mmorpg today which is black desert you can grind for months and when you upgrade accessory you can succes or fail when you fail your item and all the money is gone, so upgrade system in dbo is pretty easy compared to black desert, players already can go easy +11/12 is enough, before in Tw/hk when you had gear +8/+10 you was happy and gameplay was harder, today the standard is +11/+12 and gameplay is already easier, cc/grind etc... Daneos won't change it for sure he already make upgrade system easier 100% successful upgrade to +15 will ruin this game no one will upgrade item and wasting money before the final cap, until lvl 70 game economy will dying because everyone will collect money for get stones at final cap, that's mean all lvl caps before

I agree

• Do you mean by that we take out the luck depending upgrading system and change it with that one? What is pros and cons for this change?

His point is that he wants Daneos to give us the opportunity to guarantee at least +1 success at the cost of many advanced stones. Naturally the upgrade system's always going to be luck reliant that isn't going to change. Because players who've saved up 400kk zeni to buy 116 advanced stones deserve plus 15, with the current upgrade system you can spend over 200kk and end up with plus 7. It destroys a player's motivation if they've spent hours and hours farming everyday just to end up with nothing to show for their work. But Daneos also can't make the upgrade system easier otherwise everyone will end up with +15. That's why LostCoco's idea of making it possible is probably the most efficient way to handle the issue. Daneos won't replace the entire system, he's simply adding a feature that most RPGs implemented in their upgrade system. You can't really argue it makes the upgrade system easier, because how many people do you know are capable of saving/willing to farm 116 advanced stones for JUST 1 +15 item.

The pros are the following vvv

- Motivates more players to farm= increases game's life span

- Make's it possible for those who've invested a decent amount of time to get +15

- Increases the demand on stones = Helps the economy

As for the con's, I'll leave that up to whoever disagrees with this concept to come up with. If you're gonna disagree at least provide an arguable thesis.

"Here is no mmorpg that offers you 100% successful upgrade" They don't offer 100% upgrade because no other mmorpg has a terrible system like dbog does and all gear is earned through doing dungeons/raids or pvp. (except korean grindfest mmos which are largely p2w)

Black desert online have "Ultimate Weapon Reform Stones" which gives 100% success. Although i've never played black desert online end game as the game is just an endless grind. Below are the upgrade chances in BDO.

bRmSJOY.png

Guaranteeing +15 won't kill this game as it would take ages to achieve. The current upgrade system will kill this game (and currently is doing so right now) because it doesn't reward anyone as it's just luck.

For example, with the guaranteed upgrade system, let's say your weapon is +9. You set a goal of making is to +10 today which would require 10 purples. On average, you get around 10kk per hour, 10 purples will cost around 35kk so you'd be grinding for about 3-4 hours in a day to achieve your goal of +10.

That system rewards the player and gives them satisfaction as they've earned the upgrade themselves.

Todays upgrade system would go like this

So your weapon is +9, you want to grind for about 3 hours today, and at the end of the 4 hours, you end up with enough items and zeni in order to get 10 purples. Great! now let's try and upgrade the weapon and see what we get... fail, fail, fail, fail, broken, success (+2, you're now back at +9), fail, fail, fail, broken (you're back down to+7)

So you grinded your ass off for 3 hours in a day, and ended up worse than before.

This has happened to me and many other players. I grinded 250kk in 2 weeks and the highest upgrade on my weapon was +11 but i ended up on +7.

This system does not reward the player.

But Blade and Soul offers you a 100% success rate, the hard part is farming materials.

• @coco i play black desert and here is nothing that offer you 100% succes upgrade, and ultimate weapon reform stone is not for upgrading item but for change item tier for example from excellent to rare, and in end game this iyem.is useless because in end game everyone is wearing boss set. you posting wrong stuff.

Blaze blade and soul is dead pvp game it's different content and mechanic.

• btw i made a little test and made a martial artist level 14 300 hit rate against my level 60 fighter 2k dodge he was able to land some hits also stun me....

Every skills based on a debuff (for examble stun, hellzone granade, paralyze, steal life, etc) can hit u ignoring ur dodge rate, normally that skills can hit or not depending on ur resist (dex gives resist for example) and their chasnce to hit can be increased with sucess rate (wich is also gave by focus or by sucess rate necklace). And that's not something new to dbo.

• Every skills based on a debuff (for examble stun, hellzone granade, paralyze, steal life, etc) can hit u ignoring ur dodge rate, normally that skills can hit or not depending on ur resist (dex gives resist for example) and their chasnce to hit can be increased with sucess rate (wich is also gave by focus or by sucess rate necklace). And that's not something new to dbo.

I have 203 dex with popo resist nacklace and a dex buff that increase my dex to 234. I don't see how a sk level 60 with hit rate axe can't hit me but a level 14 material artist can... seems ilogical

• Just saying engine based on pure luck is sucks and sharping my point. At least give something that is certain cause i am extreamly unlucky

at some points in the game success rate is really f-ck up, if that happend you can miss every single attack at a boss or a low lvl char in pvp can hit you even if he should not

• I just want to adress staff there is current problem i dont know if you know but some people are experiencing problem with launcher where it saying that there is an unhandled exception and gives you the options to continue or quit. However when you press continue the lancher freezes and when you try to press play it says launcher needs to finish patching and it stays like this. I have been having this problem since yesterday please fix it because quiet a few people can not enter the game

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!