How DBOG can become a better game

• If you think Ulti is alright then you haven't fought one that has CC90 Armor both PDEF and EDEF sets. +10 is already really tanky but imagine a +15 like Skedar

The reason why I think Ultimate Majin for now is "alright" is because no one has suggested any reasonable/efficient changes to Ultimate Majin. Keywords reasonable/efficient: Nerfing props won't do anything for non-human classes(because Ultis like Skedar use dex/resist). That's just the community trying to find any way possible to nerf Ultimate Majin, it's as stupid as the life steal switch from physical to energy; it accomplishes almost nothing. The best you can do is try to buff some of the weaker classes in a way that makes them a viable choice in PvP. Nerfing resistance won't do much either for any class against Ultimate Majin except for Shadow Knight/Dark Warriors because they're the only ones who struggle to lands CCs on Ultimates with dex armor. The other classes such as Turtle/Crane/Karma can land their shenanigans; Skedar's resistance test video is enough evidence for that.

• Here’s my take on this whole balance thing. There was only 1 true and good balance in DBO and that was KR DBO 55 cap before the big patch that screwed everything up. In this cap all classes were not incredibly over saturated like they are now. Only way for a good balance is to nerf all classes that had major changes. You’d even have to nerf PvE because its based on this broken meta.

SM was high DPS, his crits usually only one shotted other humans. in 70 cap they will be One shotting everything.

Fighter was upper-mid DPS with a strong DoTs, his crits usually one shotted other humans and even then it was the DoT that killed them not raw dmg. In 70 cap they will one shot all.

Turtle was high DPS with dodge, again One shotted usually only other humans. In 70 cap they will be one shotting.

Cranes was DoT but nothing crazy. Now they have crazy 1k bleed for 1 minute.

DW was high defense. Still pretty normal right now but was more of his job in KR.

SK was high defense with a bit more dmg than DW. Now they are DPS/DoT.

Dende had great HoT/Heals. Now they have one button auto pots that heals making their HoT utterly useless.

Poko honestly was always trash even in KR. Now this dumb meta gave them a stupid speed% buff making a ton of classes not wanted in PvE.

Ultis were buffers with strong spins ( Yes they had strong spins in KR they nerfed it later though) Now they have LP% buff, resistance, and a buffed out cluster bomb

Grand Chef was stronger in DMG in single target dps than Ulti. Now Ulti highly outclasses GC in Single target DPS.

Karma were high in the stun department but low dps. Now they have high dps and great stuns.

Plasma pretty much the same as it is now.

Make classes normal again not this bullcrap Rock Paper Scissors PvP meta. This game has tried the broken meta and it just fails. Classes weren’t meant to be broken period.

• The reason why I think Ultimate Majin for now is "alright" is because no one has suggested any reasonable/efficient changes to Ultimate Majin. Keywords reasonable/efficient: Nerfing props won't do anything for non-human classes(because Ultis like Skedar use dex/resist). That's just the community trying to find any way possible to nerf Ultimate Majin, it's as stupid as the life steal switch from physical to energy; it accomplishes almost nothing. The best you can do is try to buff some of the weaker classes in a way that makes them a viable choice in PvP. Nerfing resistance won't do much either for any class against Ultimate Majin except for Shadow Knight/Dark Warriors because they're the only ones who struggle to lands CCs on Ultimates with dex armor. The other classes such as Turtle/Crane/Karma can land their shenanigans; Skedar's resistance test video is enough evidence for that.

Skedar goes to great lenghts to prove that Ulti isn't the strongest class in the game. I'm not going to believe anything he does or says about the class considering I've played it myself with+15 armor and I can easily tell you It was unbeatable. I won solo budokai that day against some of the best/strongest players and they could barely do anything to scrape me. That was when resist was still broken but in the end Ulti is still the most powerful class. You don't need op damage to win so if that's Skedars only argument then he's just being an idiot.

• Skedar goes to great lenghts to prove that Ulti isn't the strongest class in the game. I'm not going to believe anything he does or says about the class considering I've played it myself with+15 armor and I can easily tell you It was unbeatable. I won solo budokai that day against some of the best/strongest players and they could barely do anything to scrape me. That was when resist was still broken but in the end Ulti is still the most powerful class. You don't need op damage to win so if that's Skedars only argument then he's just being an idiot.

Yeah, I understand to a degree of what you're talking about. He goes to great lengths to lowball Ultimate Majin as much as possible without stepping out of the boundaries of the truth, which I don't find appealing either. I think Ultimate Majin in Pre-Open Beta was ridiculously powerful, thankfully since then they've toned down the resistance crap.

I reckon one of the reasons why Ultimate Majin used to be so powerful was because at that time, it was the only like to not have gotten any form of nerf in comparison to it's retail counterpart. Swordsmen/Turtle had lost virtually all their damage, and Ultimate Majin was pretty much the same as it was back then. But since the resist% nerf, they're "alright". At least until someone suggests a nerf that gets things done.

• If you guys really think nerfing one or two classes will magically make this game well balanced then we will never make this game great. Having this game take skill is what many want. Nerf Ulti, Karma, Dende, SK, SM, Fighter etc. and make them actual normal classes like GC and Plasma that require you to use your whole kit with strategy. Thats whats needed. Until then saying only 1 or two classes are broken is just idiotic.

• If you guys really think nerfing one or two classes will magically make this game well balanced then we will never make this game great. Having this game take skill is what many want. Nerf Ulti, Karma, Dende, SK, SM, Fighter etc. and make them actual normal classes like GC and Plasma that require you to use your whole kit with strategy. Thats whats needed. Until then saying only 1 or two classes are broken is just idiotic.

Nerf SK again for the 3rd time? Alright

• ?????????????? So all classes should have no dmg and only be able to KD out to win?

What are you guys even suggesting? That all classes should have something they can abuse? That all classes should be equally broken? That just makes the game easy as all hell and very match up reliant.

You see this class abusing just one thing? No, this player actually has to use his kit properly and with strategy. This is what every class should have to do.

Also suggesting SK is perfectly fine as a DPS/DoT/Tank you are no different than Skedar.

• Every class should be in the tier level of a Plasma until you guys realize this there will never be balance.

I disagree, nerfs aren't the only way to balance. It's possible to balance a game without having it meet the requirement of your definition of this arbitrary concept you call "skill". I highly advise you to google the definition of skill, many of the top players show attributes having this concept despite the fact they don't fit your definition of it. Actually don't worry about it, I googled it for you. "the ability to do something well; expertise."

I'd say just about anyone who wins budokai is "skilled" if you're capable of pulling off a win with Arm KD, that's a form of skill. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, ping isn't the only thing you need to make it work within a couple of seconds. Karma's considered to be one of the skill-less classes in the entire game, yet Flundaa/Horrid are the only ones getting anywhere in budokai. It's the same thing with Shadow Knight, it's always the same SKs winning budokai. When I was a SK with plus 7-9, I managed to defeat a plus 13-14 SK; well that's because they were a noob. That's exactly my point, they lacked the expertise in playing the class; which led to their inevitable demise.

• I disagree, nerfs aren't the only way to balance. It's possible to balance a game without having it to require this arbitrary concept you call "skill". I highly advise you to google the definition of skill, many of the top players show attributes having this concept despite the fact they don't fit your definition of it. Actually don't worry about it, I googled it for you. "the ability to do something well; expertise."

I'd say just about anyone who wins budokai is "skilled" if you're capable of pulling off a win with Arm KD, that's a form of skill. Regardless of whether or not you believe it, ping isn't the only thing you need to make it work within a couple of seconds. Karma's considered to be one of the skill-less classes in the entire game, yet Flundaa/Horrid are the only ones getting anywhere in budokai. It's the same thing with Shadow Knight, it's always the same SKs winning budokai. When I was a SK with plus 7-9, I managed to defeat a plus 13-14 SK. Well that's because they were a noob. That's exactly my point, they lacked the expertise in playing the class; which led to their defeat.

How is a low dps class supposed to counter 1 button full heals? A braindead pull and KD?

How is a tank thats built for god damn tanking supposed to counter a 30k crit? stacking anti crit% and hoping he doesnt crit?

How is a low resistance class supposed to counter the almighty stun locking Karma? Equipping reflect and not doing anything?

See how pathetic this meta is when everything is just abusing their broken aspects without a single brain cell being used? Or can you just not admit the simple fact you want this game simple and easy?

• That makes sense but no matter how good or logical suggestions you make on this forum the DBOG staff won't try to change a thing or even hear you out

• Unless you're trying to reform the game entirely, then your suggestions don't work. Daneos has to work with what he has right now, cloning quests/mobs for 80 cap, changing damage formulas, etc. You're trying to make an entirely different game altogether, which I find to be very, very unrealistic. Pull isn't nearly as brain dead you might think it is, what's brain dead is farming in the outside world. If you tried pulling a skilled player for the very first time it's not going to work in your favor, but when you first get to a farming place it doesn't take long at all to find the most efficient way to farm. I don't know where you're getting these 30k crits, but that's definitely not DBOG. No one crits for 30k anymore, unless a plus 15 player is hitting someone with plus 0.

Realistically you've got 2 options:

A) Nerf the classes to fit your definition of "skilled", aka change a portion of the game entirely

B) Buff certain classes, and try to make it work. Obviously there are going to be issues, but it's doable in comparison to the first option.

• Realistically you've got 2 options:

A) Nerf the classes to fit your definition of "skilled", aka change a portion of the game entirely

B) Buff certain classes, and try to make it work. Obviously there are going to be issues, but it's doable in comparison to the first option.

Well your choice B is and has been done since POB and its not working. Choice A is the better choice if you want the game to survive, yeah obviously it’s harder to do but it’s whats needed.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!