How DBOG can become a better game

• Look, I agree with your premise that Ultimate Majin is fine where it is. However I disagree with your notion that if the Ulti doesn't know what they're doing will get rekt by SM. You can literally spam random attacks/spam heal, and you'd annihilate the SM. Most Swordsmen can't do anything against SM. Now if they were to go full focus and CD they'd stand a solid chance against the Ulti, but usually the ones with the wallet to afford the equipment don't come up with those kinds of strategies.

I also disagree that Ultimate Majins have a little chance at winning, they have a far better chance beating a Crane than beating a Turtle Hermit. Since defense is irrelevant against Cranes, any Ultimate Majin can craft plus 0 con or dex set to use against Crane hermits even if you're broke. And if the Ultimate Majin has a big enough wallet, in theory they can wear anti confu/bleed with burn defense armor. Just like that you've reduced their damage to nothing, and paralysis can be removed instantly. The only threat is slow/KD/Hypnosis, which is an easily counter-able tactic. If anything it's the Crane Hermit that doesn't stand a good chance against Ultimates, and they're the ones who need to know what they're doing. Although a Ultimate Majin can't kill the Crane, if it's ranked they can more than likely last more than long enough to have a chance at winning dice(even against good Cranes).

Im just going off of my experience I play crane and have little problem defeating ultis with my crane.i save my lp% debuff for the end if they try stall game, and spam burns on him he cant remove them all quick enough so my damage slowly gets through, even if they have lp%

classes(because Ultis like Skedar use dex/resist). That's just the community trying to find any way possible to nerf Ultimate Majin, it's as stupid as the life steal switch from physical to energy; it accomplishes almost nothing.

life steal was changed to energy so humans can survive it.

life steal was doing insane damage on humans ie 600 lp per 2 seconds before this change, it was perfect for them. sadly it made it harder for sks to fight ultimate.

• Don't mistake a mod's role, they're here to enforce forums rules and help solve technical issues. If you expect them to jump in arguments like this just so they can get fired back at by the rest of us, don't, In fact most of them already know that there are a lot of issues to fix, but their hands are tied up like everyone else.

As for Daneos.. after reading most of the latest threads I am actually glad he doesn't pay attention to what half the community says. But he should somehow figure out a way to weed out the funny posts (like this one) and take the good ol constructive criticism into his updates.

• Im just going off of my experience I play crane and have little problem defeating ultis with my crane.i save my lp% debuff for the end if they try stall game, and spam burns on him he cant remove them all quick enough so my damage slowly gets through, even if they have lp%

life steal was changed to energy so humans can survive it.

life steal was doing insane damage on humans ie 600 lp per 2 seconds before this change, it was perfect for them. sadly it made it harder for sks to fight ultimate.

Anti burn gear and your burn is useless, crane can't beat ultimate unless ultimate user lack of gear or is idiot.

Life steal should be physical while having 2k physical def or higher would be fixed 330 dmg.

Even now humans with full energy defense gear it is above 360 - 400.

This change is only benefit to ultimates.

But hey, it is "balance" right.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Well lets be real here the team has tried to balance the game but as long as this RNG/EasyMode/GearBased meta is set in stone none will be happy no matter if all classes are made strong as all hell or not.

Its funny though, after all these years of SK being a Tank/DPS/DoT, they finally get a taste of what it feels like to not be incredibly broken and now it’s a huge problem?

• Well lets be real here the team has tried to balance the game but as long as this RNG/EasyMode/GearBased meta is set in stone none will be happy no matter if all classes are made strong as all hell or not.

Its funny though, after all these years of SK being a Tank/DPS/DoT, they finally get a taste of what it feels like to not be incredibly broken and now it’s a huge problem?

You say that as if the lifesteal change wasn't already big enough but also removing RP Duration from armpull was even worse. It's impossible to kill a good geared Dende and Ulti now but hey I guess it's not a "huge" problem.

• Aight here we go, As we speak we are working on new things regarding balance do not think we are doing nothing and balance will stay like this. As for Ultimate Majin they are a strong class and can rival most classes effectively however as you said i do agree they are fine as they are right now. They are by no means weak but to say they are the best as some people said here is not the case. Karma is a big one they are very strong and yes is regarded as a broken class due to the back damage % increase buff they were given. Now here's the thing Back Crit Dmg is a global calculation we can not change 1 skills back damage without effecting other classes. The only thing we can do is change the skill itself however this would increase the skills base damage since we cant control the critical multiplier.

As far as im concerned buffs in Dungeons is a mixed opinion thing at least to me, It is good that Ultimates/Chefs find teams a lot easier since they are needed however i do not agree that we are forced to take a class that can potentially go afk until they are needed to rebuff since we can use Turtles for AOE and tank etc.

Now for Mystic Attack (Arm pull) This change by no means destroyed SK they are still Kings/Top Tier PVP class they have the advantage over pretty much any match up right of the bat due to there skill set and natural abilities LP/Def/CC As far as i myself see it the only class SK would really struggle against is a super Karma since they can not really be killed but they can kill the SK due to there insane damage. Apart from that SK will rival any class for sure. However this change completely runned Dark Warrior and Warrior into the ground they have gone from Mid/High Tier PVP to the complete bottom especially Kid Warrior.

Now for Burn Defense, Since Ultimate's seem to be the most talked about class here im going to assume its vs Ultmates. Burn Defense is a strong stat for sure but for people to act like this makes them unbeatable that is far from the case. When it comes to % reduction same goes for Attacks too. What i mean by this is even if the Target is full burn defense as a Crane you will then use DMG RP Bonus this will ignore the burn defense and apply a strong burn you can see a demonstration vs Cashalot back in POB

Look, I agree with your premise that Ultimate Majin is fine where it is. However I disagree with your notion that if the Ulti doesn't know what they're doing will get rekt by SM. You can literally spam random attacks/spam heal, and you'd annihilate the SM. Most Swordsmen can't do anything against SM. Now if they were to go full focus and CD they'd stand a solid chance against the Ulti, but usually the ones with the wallet to afford the equipment don't come up with those kinds of strategies.

I also disagree that Ultimate Majins have a little chance at winning, they have a far better chance beating a Crane than beating a Turtle Hermit. Since defense is irrelevant against Cranes, any Ultimate Majin can craft plus 0 con or dex set to use against Crane hermits even if you're broke. And if the Ultimate Majin has a big enough wallet, in theory they can wear anti confu/bleed with burn defense armor. Just like that you've reduced their damage to nothing, and paralysis can be removed instantly. The only threat is slow/KD/Hypnosis, which is an easily counter-able tactic. If anything it's the Crane Hermit that doesn't stand a good chance against Ultimates, and they're the ones who need to know what they're doing. Although a Ultimate Majin can't kill the Crane, if it's ranked they can more than likely last more than long enough to have a chance at winning dice(even against good Cranes).

This is another one of them fights where RNG can decide the fight. A good Swordsman will know how to fight vs Ultimates. It will by no means be a easy fight but its sure as hell not impossible. Look at Ultimates attack animation lets use the burn as an example and there Energy attack Cluster a Swordsman can easily jump these skills with one of the 2 flashes therefore it will be hard for utlimates to do really any damage except from reflect damage (If they use it) There are ways to fight them. Instead of fighting braindead use your brain and you can think to yourself i need to deal damage without him removing my Glaring Slash so you can do such things as KD - Glaring CD RP - Multiple Sword Slashes whilst he on the floor. When using Glaring Slash with CD RP it makes it so that you can keep the debuff applied and if he resist fire it on again when CD back up. (this is not directed at you personally just in General)

This is exactly what i think as well, that's why i am surprised when people keep making suggestions when Daneos has not commented on a single one of them or at least a mod, other than warning people.

This is nothing more than a misconception, Just because we do not get involved with every single thread and discussion does not mean we are not reading and seeing the opinions of others. I can assure you each and everyone of us at some point takes a look on the situation at hand and takes it all on aboard. Yes not every change that is addressed will happen because its not always up to us the final decision comes down to what Daneos wants and what he can do. Not everything is possible (At least with current client) I could name a ton of things id love to see happen but in the real world it just cant happen and thats what everyone needs to understand.

To end things i just want to say more changes are coming do not think this is the end, Many of us spend a lot of time on the Development Server testing Classes vs X classes to see what could be changed and which fights are 'Impossible' Another thing is People need to get out of this Dream land where every class beats every class because its virtually impossible there will always be the class that counters them. By no means does that mean we wont try but you have to accept reality. There are some classes that are gifted in PVE and some classes that are gifted in Solo and some classes that are gifted in 5v5.

• if anything we need tio fix the moment speed issues in lags

crane vs ulti isnt a problem. other than movement speed visual bugs.

i dont even know why burn def was brought up it works fine and like u mentioned cranes just have to use rp bal leffect to crank off some dot damage.

seems like some folks are just trying hard to nerf a class that doesnt need nerfing, seems more of a personal attacks on cashalot then actually caring about the state of ultimate majin.

as for karma i have a difference of opinion.

personally there skill lock needs to be changed (nerf severly like max duration of 5 seconds) or completely removed. this skill is what makes karma broken. everyone knows this class is totally a mess. changing back crit on them wont solve the problem at hand. removing skill lock will.

they have instant rp like swordsmen, instant stuns and insane damage. remove skill lock would allow all classes to hold their own against this monster f.u.k up of ntl

• You say that as if the lifesteal change wasn't already big enough but also removing RP Duration from armpull was even worse. It's impossible to kill a good geared Dende and Ulti now but hey I guess it's not a "huge" problem.

Okay but many classes have near impossible match ups like Crane/Turtle vs Karma. Sounds more like lots of players in this community feel like SK should be the only class that gets a fair chance against all classes from the looks of it.

• Now for Burn Defense, Since Ultimate's seem to be the most talked about class here im going to assume its vs Ultmates. Burn Defense is a strong stat for sure but for people to act like this makes them unbeatable that is far from the case. When it comes to % reduction same goes for Attacks too. What i mean by this is even if the Target is full burn defense as a Crane you will then use DMG RP Bonus this will ignore the burn defense and apply a strong burn you can see a demonstration vs Cashalot back in POB

Oh, alright. I wasn't aware that power RP bypasses defense, I guess at the very least Crane has that against tank classes that use it against them. And no I wasn't talking about Crane vs Ulti specifically. But even so, the burn was weakened significantly in comparison to the normal 400/500ish that it does without power rp. But at the very least Crane can deal damage, so I'm not bothered about it nearly as much. But considering how much Crane relies on RP in comparison to Turtle, maybe they need some sort of buff? For example a RP regen buff similar to the one MAs have. Regardless of whether or not power RP can bypass burn defense, they still need RP to do any damage in the first place. If you disagree, it is what it is, I suppose.

There are ways to fight them. Instead of fighting braindead use your brain and you can think to yourself i need to deal damage without him removing my Glaring Slash so you can do such things as KD - Glaring CD RP - Multiple Sword Slashes whilst he on the floor. When using Glaring Slash with CD RP it makes it so that you can keep the debuff applied and if he resist fire it on again when CD back up. (this is not directed at you personally just in General)

I'm aware it wasn't directed at me, if anything you were supporting what I said. My claim was that most of the time Ultimate Majin doesn't have to use their brain to kill SM, because most Swordsmen don't know how to counter Ultimate Majin. Focus/CD so you can knock them out of the arena is the best way to fight Ultimate, no need to bother trying to kill them. As a Martial Artist if you try to kill a Ultimate Majin in DBOG you'd get yourself killed.

• isn't it clear? no matter what you say or do , everything that's broken = is balanced , think about it if this class is broken & that class is broken & everything is broken , what the hell is balanced? no thing , so just stop argueing about stuff that may or may not get fixed cause doesn't matter what you say or do , it may get fixed or not the whole game will still , be unbalanced. Remember one more thing this (project) started as " Server Revival of Dragon ball Online " so if you want a balanced game , go ask bandai for the actual legit taiwan client. or if you like to argue to pass time or have fun than go for it really, fourms are slowly dying & that's not a good thing, so good on ya.

• isn't it clear? no matter what you say or do , everything that's broken = is balanced , think about it if this class is broken & that class is broken & everything is broken , what the hell is balanced? no thing , so just stop argueing about stuff that may or may not get fixed cause doesn't matter what you say or do , it may get fixed or not the whole game will still , be unbalanced. Remember one more thing this (project) started as " Server Revival of Dragon ball Online " so if you want a balanced game , go ask bandai for the actual legit taiwan client. or if you like to argue to pass time or have fun than go for it really, fourms are slowly dying & that's not a good thing, so good on ya.

the true client tw was abandoned the game, dbog can be better with effort o maybe worst. only it need the correct people in balance.

• You're tripping If you think the dodge rate is shit... You must be fighting people with 5k hitrate and focus...

my dodge in base is 1400 and I barely dodge anyone with 1.2k hitrate. my ssj dodge is 2k.

sure I dodge more in ssj but thats how the dodge should be in base. while ssj makes it more harder to hit. dodge is fr shit.

if they are lvl 60 and have atleast 1.2k hit rate they will hit you 9/10 times.

• my dodge in base is 1400 and I barely dodge anyone with 1.2k hitrate. my ssj dodge is 2k.

sure I dodge more in ssj but thats how the dodge should be in base. while ssj makes it more harder to hit. dodge is fr shit.

if they are lvl 60 and have atleast 1.2k hit rate they will hit you 9/10 times.

meh you fighting sk? or crane? and if you fight humans martial artist they can use dodge debuff 30% and switch to focus during battle like i do

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!