New path for Dragon Ball Franchise?

• I feel like they really should have made new characters as well as follow a different plotline for Dragon Ball Super. You know, something that has no relation to the original Dragon ball z or at most a cameo or homage to a character. I just want to see fresh new faces kicking ass and shooting ki blasts and would like to see the original z fighters storylines being told through movies like they have been with battle of gods and resurrection of F before Dragon ball Super came out. Anyone else have any other ideas or feel the same way?

• I have absolutely no problem with Dragonball Super filling in the gaps inbetween Z and GT but I will agree that it shouldn't have retold Battle Of Gods. You don't ever see the "Brolly Saga" or the "Turles Saga" in Z.
    To be fair doing a longer version of Brolly: The Legendary Super Saiyan (which he actually wasn't) would be awesome, it could show his TRUE potential and not just the brief skirmish the movie had

• I think the only way they will continue being successful, is by making these characters continue the journey!
    People hate to get new things in, because they think that if Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and the other continued, other story concepts will begin, just because they exist!
    Think about it like this, if you take out nearly every existing character and put new ones in instead... It will take a whole series to make those characters transform in the eyes of people, and another to make them get more love, and maybe even another to make good enough villains!
    I mean cmon if you have the old characters that everyone loves in from the beginning, you would take YEARS less to get the show a very good going.
    With the old characters, they can just drop some weird monster from no where and can tell a bit about his story, then MORE FIGHTING AND POUNDING FOR US TO WATCH! which we all LOVE! :)

• I will agree that it shouldn't have retold Battle Of Gods. You don't ever see the "Brolly Saga" or the "Turles Saga" in Z.

It's retelling Battle of Gods and (eventually) Resurrection F because DB Super is meant for old and NEW fans who don't know about the movies, and it will have different sagas after the Resurrection F saga.
    This is also their way of saying "Yes, this part of the official Dragonball storyline", Broly and Turles aren't.

Steroids? B*tch please I eat babies, good for the bones!
    bloodlad-kamehameha-o.gif This gif has no relation the quote above.
    :grapeman2:

• I would enjoy a series set far into the future to level the playing ground of how powerful characters are (preferably a lot less powerful!), a whole original cast and removal of the dated tropes they used to push the story line further. The dragon-ball universe is a colorful memorable place which I can't bare to have wasted on big burly guys shouting for half an episode. It might just be my age showing but I think most of the people who grew up with Dragon Ball would like to see the series mature as much as I do.

• Honestly. Idk.
    I would love to see something new. But I wouldnt want to see something too new.
    I loved the ending of GT. Not the...Goku going with shenron Bullshit. That was horrible....I mean....We all know that Goku would have hated that. he wanted to train and become the strongest, and wouldnt stop training till he knew he was the best.

I loved the GT ending because. It was Characters after their primes. I mean. The Z fighters Died and moved on. You have Goku Jr. And Vegeta Jr. That is where the story would go on. Where it would start IMO. Having them growing up and protect the planet. Assembling new friends. Going to Dendes Lookout. Seeing him all old and shit. well....it takes time for them to wrinkle. Also. Having Pan as A Master roshi Trainer kind of thing. I mean She was trained by the Z Fighters. And is better then all of Humanity.
    While that Happens You get little Spirits of Goku and the other Z fighters (mostly just Goku and Vegeta. Because of their Jrs and such)
    THEN Bring in Beerus and all the other People. I Dont like how they are just adding and adding to make the Universe even more Complicated for us. Like People Said. The Broly and Turles Movies are part of the Actual Series

Think of it like this.

Goku Jr. is being trained by Dende. (going through Goku Training Ladder Grandpa Gohan -> Master Roshi -> Popo -> Kami and so on)

As they Train. Goku comes down. To check up on Goku Jr. Helping him out and telling him that he is full of Potential. because he isnt like Goku. The Very name of him being named after Goku puts up so much Stress on Being the best. (Also he gets his ass kicked all the time By Vegeta Jr.)
    Goku helps him ou, keeps his strength up. Telling him that he is the next 'Goku' The one that he will intrust this planet to.
    Dende obviously hears this. And Wrinkly old dende and him share some memories and Flash back. Telling Goku that he is still the same after this entire time. Laughing and having fun going through the past.

Then you can add broly and Turles and the many other Movie Baddies, to give them a place in the universe also have the characters grow their powers.

I mean. This is a new Fresh idea. You dont Get Rid of Goku. YOU CANT. He is the reason why this exist. Why great Anime Characters after him are so Great. I mean. Naruto wouldnt be Naruton without Goku....And if you say Naruto is his own....No. Kishimoto. In and Interview actually Said that Narutos Attitude and Personality was based off of Goku.

So basically. Keep the heritage and the family. have throwbacks to the past. And keep goku as a supervisor or a Mentor. But when the shit gets real. Like the OtherWorld is becoming Posioned and everyone is coming back because of some big baddie. Goku, goku jr. and the Z-Fighters Old and New. BOTH. Fight that evil. Who harness all their Foes.....I understand that They did this kind of thing with Bring Back Cell, Frieza and Buu (I think it was Buu).

Now that is a Dragon Ball Series I would watch....But Hey. I am just a guy with a dream....
    :D

Sorry if i am all over the place with grammar, or Punctuation. I type and talk....So....I just rush right through....I think I got my point accross tho...
    -Goku/ Vegeta Jr.
    -Old Character (pan, Dende)
    -Similar way Goku grew
    -Mentor Goku (Not Main Guy But is shown to bring back ppl)
    -New Buddies and Baddies(Some Old, Some New)
    -Giant ending fight. Bring the Past and the Present together, To fight one common enemy that endangers not only the universe but Galaxies (Idk...Which is bigger...JUST HE/SHE MESSES EVERYTHING UP)
    -Lastly. A little more Human Like Goku Jr., He needs to be Relatable how stupid that sounds...He needs to build up his confidence. To Teach us...just like Goku taught me to never back down, to always get back up, and to show mercy....but....make sure you have a back up plan if the mercy you give tries to bit you in the ass....xD

Alright....I typed too Much....DB....Stop.....God Dammit....
    Alright. I am done LOL.

-Db

• It was simple... At the end of Dragon Ball, we had two possibilities:
    - one was the strongest character in the entire universe(I do not count Gohan since he lost a lot of his power after Buu since he did not train, same with Goten or Trunks): Uub. He is human, he is a naive child, he starts as a "weak" one despite having access to the Majin's power, + his master is none other than the original main character. (we could almost say he was choosed to be Goku's successor as the Earth "defender", ultimately becoming permanently stronger than a mere limited in time SSJ3).
    - the other was Pan. Potential first female Saiyajin protagonist. Like Goku in his youth, she's a lot stronger than the average people (problem with her is that she is actually stronger than almost anything) and she likes fighting. (+her parents had a former interest for martial arts)

As for the story, it should have been a return to the Dragon Ball part of Dragon Ball (like GT tried after the androids and Buu's sagas lost tracks of the DB).

The problem for a sequel is more about the opposite side. What could have been a good villain after a landless king, a megalomaniac's private army, a demon who wanted to rule the world, a galactic dictator whose only left desire was immortality, a stupid "robot/clone" who had absolutely no goal except to achieve its completion and then tried to destroy the Earth because "why not?" and finally some mindless slave god-slayer / planetes destroyer artificial evil djinn.
    You can't just go on for more and more when you already reached a pic. (obviously in power AND brainlessness)

edit: actually, we can see the villain problem through the cinema trilogy. Beers is not a villain but a deity who does what it wants while the second movie simply recycled a former antagonist for a revenge plot.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!