A crazy idea about Crane Hermit

• Crane need stun, lost in time in PvP.The problem not only pvp, it's no requirement in party's, budokai and cc, all prefer turtle, for the damage. How you get the best equip ccdungeon lv60. I have full speed and nice equip but can't go cc70 only for I use Crane.

• All cranes need to give them a slight advantage and not make them too powerful is simply make double gut buster poison. Like seriously, anyone with doubts should try to understand this.. Crane would still need to use 2 skills in order to stun. The thing is that this wouldn't even help cranes that much. Want to know why? Most anti bleeding accessories have anti paralysis so they have to use a 1 second cast time 25m skill in order to paralyze them when they might have anti paralysis. You already risk of getting stunned since its only 25m (poison bleed). Make double gut buster poison and cranes will still have to use 2 skills to stun and everyone could still have anti paralysis. We all know instant stunt for a crane hermit would be a lot but come on. Why not consider this suggestion. I would love to hear your opinions people who are responsible for in game skill changes. Tell me what the problem would be because skills like quick attack have no specific counters while paralysis has plenty. On top of that it wont work without poison so whats the deal? No good explanation/ignored suggestion means you got personal reasons for not changing this what I would call a mistake (poison paralysis with no poison in crane's skill tree).

• I'm surprised no one's mentioned giving Crane Hermit some sort of RP regeneration buff, it'd be a lot more balanced than giving them an ability that automatically gives them RP orbs. I'm sure the staff and Daneos won't have an issue with them getting this much of a buff.

I also think that Daneos should change Thousand slashes from converting all DoTs applied to the opponent into explosion damage to simply increasing the DoTs themselves. It'd be applied as a debuff that constantly did 100-200 explosion damage per 2 seconds preventing the target from being put to sleep, that way you it'd be some what balanced. If the DoT did 500 damage, it'd be turned into 850 because thousand slashes original 70% explosion damage. I think the damage would be justified as the debuff would prevent the target from being put to sleep, as well as the fact it isn't instant damage. Due to the fact it isn't instant damage the Crane's adversary a chance for their autopot to activate rather it be completely bypassed by a one shot. I think the debuff should last for roughly 20ish seconds, roughly as long as Freeze lasts.

You can argue that the change to Thousand slashes won't help because Crane doesn't have any good instant damage attacks, but I don't believe Crane should be played with the intent to do instant damage in the first place. It's meant to be played similarly to Warlock in World of Warcraft. With the RP regeneration buff on top of RP regen boots, RP probably won't be an issue anymore. Even if thousand slashes doesn't finish off the opponent with the increased DoT debuff, if you manage your Knock downs well you'll be able to put them to sleep right after it expires. If you landed enough DoTs on your enemy it would've at the very least knocked out a LP recovery item and autopot. Thus enabling you to finish off your opponent in your second wave of assault.

• I'm surprised no one's mentioned giving Crane Hermit some sort of RP regeneration buff, it'd be a lot more balanced than giving them an ability that automatically gives them RP orbs. I'm sure the staff and Daneos won't have an issue with them getting this much of a buff.

I also think that Daneos should change Thousand slashes from converting all DoTs applied to the opponent into explosion damage to simply increasing the DoTs themselves. It'd be applied as a debuff that constantly did 100-200 explosion damage per 2 seconds preventing the target from being put to sleep, that way you it'd be some what balanced. If the DoT did 500 damage, it'd be turned into 850 because thousand slashes original 70% explosion damage. I think the damage would be justified as the debuff would prevent the target from being put to sleep, as well as the fact it isn't instant damage. Due to the fact it isn't instant damage the Crane's adversary a chance for their autopot to activate rather it be completely bypassed by a one shot. I think the debuff should last for roughly 20ish seconds, roughly as long as Freeze lasts.

another interesting idea. but to clarify something sleep works if dots were applied before hand and the dots damage wont awake target.

some dot skills are able to activate with sleep.

if your saying this skill will prevent sleep most cranes wont use it as sleep is vital for a cranes chance of winning

its like saying sk not allowed to use stun when lp absorb is up

or fighter cant use needle when quick attack is on target

• If that were the case it'd be the way around, the Fighter wouldn't be able to use Quick attack when Needle is on the opponent(which doesn't make sense). /SK not being able to use life steal while the opponent is stunned.

And that's not what I'm trying to go for at all, it'd make a lot more sense when you visualize how you'd be doing your combos as a Crane. You'd start off by sleeping your opponent, then charging RP. Once Sleep is over, more than likely it'll still be on CD, which is why your comparison doesn't really work in this situation. You'll KD your opponent while applying for instance Solid Burn. You'd be able to land 3 KDs, and 3 burns before needing to Thousand slash + Freeze. Since Freeze lasts longer than the 100-200 explosion damage debuff, by the time you need to sleep your opponent it'll have expired. If your opponent is still alive, you'd just sleep them again, but you won't be able to use Thousand slashes for the rest of that round unless Daneos also changes the CD.

• If that were the case it'd be the way around, the Fighter wouldn't be able to use Quick attack when Needle is on the opponent(which doesn't make sense). /SK not being able to use life steal while the opponent is stunned.

And that's not what I'm trying to go for at all, it'd make a lot more sense when you visualize how you'd be doing your combos as a Crane. You'd start off by sleeping your opponent, then charging RP. Once Sleep is over, more than likely it'll still be on CD, which is why your comparison doesn't really work in this situation. You'll KD your opponent while applying for instance Solid Burn. You'd be able to land 3 KDs, and 3 burns before needing to Thousand slash + Freeze. Since Freeze lasts longer than the 100-200 explosion damage debuff, by the time you need to sleep your opponent it'll have expired. If your opponent is still alive, you'd just sleep them again, but you won't be able to use Thousand slashes for the rest of that round unless Daneos also changes the CD.

im a crane bro. Im telling ya any skill that prevents cranes from using sleep is a bad skill.

depending what a crane fights they may need to get 2 sleeps off in a round unless they just go for ring out .

I often find tanks need 2 sleeps for me a round if i go for the kill.

Your suggestion is good but if it prevents the usage of sleep then Im telling ya it wont work cause cranes cant utilize there most important skill which is sleep.Everything starts and ends with sleep for cranes. if they cant get sleep off they done period! theres no debating that.

I love your suggestion for a debuff that last 20 seconds cd 2 mins to replace ts. just what ur saying in exchange isnt right. changing the skill for just ts is fair enough.

an unimportant side note is this doesnt fix the issue with cranes v karmas.

like i said in that regards karma mechanics will need change inorder for that to be fixed.

• I don't understand how the 20 second of no sleep will kill the Crane. By the time Freeze runs out, Thousand slashes debuff will run out, thus you'll be able to sleep your opponent for the 2nd time. It's not a bad move if you know what you're doing, I'm aware that you're a crane but trust me I know what I'm talking about. If we assume the Crane Hermit starts with a sleep, KDs + burn > Freeze. By the time the thousand slash 20 second debuff ends you will be able to sleep your opponent again for the second time, this does nothing but help Crane's overall DPS while balancing it as you won't be able to spam sleep forever using this tactic. It won't prevent you from landing 2 sleeps because you have Freeze.

• What I see here is make crane unbeatable..

You think so? What makes you say that? I think the backlash for not being able to use sleep while having Thousand slashes activated is good enough to make the change to 70% balanced, on top of the fact that now your opponent will actually be able to use autopot instead of being killed instantly. 2 nerfs for 1 massive damage buff to Thousand slashes, I'd say it's pretty fair. Regardless of whether or not Daneos changes Thousand slashes, or gives them their RP regen buff, SKs won't be able to beat the Cranes good enough to KD 3 or times. I just thought it was right that Crane should only do DoTs, and that these changes would make Crane Hermit a lot more interesting to PvP with.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!