Removing the RNG from the Upgrade system

• This posts is just a friendly suggestion about the Upgrade system based on what I was thinking. (No toxic comments that wouldn't help the thread or the community pls)

My idea is to make it like the craft system.

"X" amount of stones equals to "X" level of upgrade.

For example:

0 to 1 = "X" amount of red stones (for weapons)

After maybe +9 or +10 start requiring Adv stones (purples or greens based on the gear)

Example :

10 > 11 or 14> 15 = "X" amount of purple stones

Then start increasing with the levels

Obviously after maybe +5 or +6 you will need "X" amount of white stones to perform the upgrades.

I was thinking about this system just because this way would make everybody have the same chances to get +15 after certain amount of time (based on the "X" amount of hours you dedicate to farm)

Just a suggestion, comments are open to any kind of idea about this thread.

Bests,

Errede

• But....you're not supposed to get +15 after a certain amount of time. Especially not everyone lmao. That's why it's RNG. You either do it in one day (with many stones and much luck) or over time (1 min to 6 months) or never cuz you're out of luck xD.

We can't have ppl get +15 over a certain amount of time lmao. The game will die.

This is not a good idea man...

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Here was my idea

+6-7 = 3 purple stones

+7-8 = 5 purple stones

+8-9 = 8 purple stones

+9-10 = 10 purple stones

+10-11 = 12 purple stones

+11-12= 15 purple stones

+12-13 = 18 purple stones

+13-14 = 21 purple stones

+14-15 = 24 purple stones

(116 stones in total to reach +15)

If purples cost around 3.5kk each, it should take around 400kk to get +15 on a weapon.

On average, you farm about 10kk per hour(including stones and trash), so it would take around 40 days of grinding 1 hour a day to guarantee your weapon to be +15.

In comparison to grinding, if you are a casher, it would cost around $200 to reach +15 on a weapon(Lvl up 30s can sell for about 10-15kk, so every $100 spent, you get around 200kk-250kk)

This would make players have a set goal and get them motivated to play the game and grind for their gear.

Making the end game goal reachable to all players and not behind straight RNG, would make less people quit. A lot of players decide to quit after spending all their zeni on upgrading and then getting nothing out of it. No other game has a system like this and all games that did have a system like this, have failed and died, like DBOG will soon enough if the game continues how it is currently.

The argument of "oh tw and kr was harder, stop complaining" is the dumbest shit i've ever read honestly, where are the TW and KR servers? please tell me.

You can clearly see the playercount getting less and less every week just by checking the channels on the weekend. Yesterday there was less than 2000 people playing on a saturday evening... which is the day most people are off school, work ect...

• would make everybody have the same chances to get +15 after certain amount

we already have this system of everybody have the same chances it named farming and have luck at upgrading

everybody have the same chances to drop stones and everybody have the same chance of upgrading

if all people have +15 gear in a short amount of time nobody has a reason of playing the game anymore

• But....you're not supposed to get +15 after a certain amount of time. Especially not everyone lmao. That's why it's RNG. You either do it in one day (with many stones and much luck) or over time (1 min to 6 months) or never cuz you're out of luck xD.

We can't have ppl get +15 over a certain amount of time lmao. The game will die.

This is not a good idea man...

Then keep farming for stones for 6 montshs. It will be nice to spend your time to see fail and broken. Competitive players have 2-3 sets. Good luck on get +15 on each one of them.

• I hate the argument "oh then everyone will be +15" isn't that the whole point of the game? To get max upgrades? And that's total bollocks, getting to +15 will probably take AGES grinding or a lot of f*cking money but this time its GUARANTEED so you don't waste your whole time getting fail after fail which just makes you want to quit straight after.

I'd rather have a set goal, and plan out how i'm going to upgrade my armor instead of just farming for 2 weeks 3-4 hours a day, buy all the stones and end up with lower upgrades then i started with.

If you really want +15 to be some sort of "sacred" upgrade then make it cost a f*ck ton of stones. Simple as. Right now you can spend 100 advanced and not even have +13 which is so retarded.

• I agree with this suggestion 150%. Why is upgrading a gamble? I think it's a much better idea to allow everyone to reach that goal, but just make it more difficult or costly to get there. This is how most active MMOs work when it comes to crafting. It DC Universe online, you get different types of currency to buy better gear. The currency comes from raids and group missions that increase in difficulty as you get better gear. Hence, it takes a lot of grinding of hard missions with good groups to get the best gear. I just don't see why it has to be an RNG crapshoot. It's so discouraging to spend all your money and stones, then pick the wrong card and watch your gear break. I just recently reached +10 for the first time, used my last stone to try for +11-13, and my item broke. Why give the players this experience that has absolutely nothing to do with skill?

Like it was suggested before, make the higher crafting levels require more stones and grind time to get there. I just don't see the issue with this.

• its just a question of time to reach high upgrades! if you have enough stones its really easy to make +12

and after that its just like what do you hit first broken or succes?

even if you hit broken you can make it back to 12 and try again

and one day you must get lucky ( you cant hit 1million times broken before get 1 single succes)so its a question of time.

so if everybody farm hard enough everybody can reach the goal, simple

if he would make this change to upgrade system u just have to donate enough and youre done in 5 minutes thats bad too.

get rid of the +1 with green/purple sounds like a better idea cause if you made it to 12 and try to get more you will need really much trys in the most cases to hit your succes and probably hit a lot broken before so if you finnally get your succes... yeah.. feels bad to get +13 then..

but i dont think we need always +2-3 on items without high upgrades +12 is easy enough and would just get more easy.

how you like this idea?

always +2-3 on succes on items which are +11 or higher

and on items with +10 or less you still have a chance for +1

• Then keep farming for stones for 6 montshs. It will be nice to spend your time to see fail and broken. Competitive players have 2-3 sets. Good luck on get +15 on each one of them.

People seriously into PvP get 2-3 sets and get them to +12 or more...mostly cashers. F2P will have a hard time getting that. But it's possible cuz RNG. I am into PvE. So farming that many stones is no problem for me. In fact i had 100x blue/red U60s and whites. Still got 100+ blues....Had 26 purples and still have 16x green. All U60. And have like 6 or 7 u65 greens. I also used most of them for my weapon and ofc i got f*cked hard and couldn't really go past +9. Made +11 and wanted more...ended up at +10. Which is enough to me.

I hate the argument "oh then everyone will be +15" isn't that the whole point of the game? To get max upgrades? And that's total bollocks, getting to +15 will probably take AGES grinding or a lot of f*cking money but this time its GUARANTEED so you don't waste your whole time getting fail after fail which just makes you want to quit straight after.

My friend, you don't think ahead. None of you do with suggestions like these. What is your plan after reaching all +15? The game literally has nothing to offer after lvl 70 (atm). With everyone +15 you will run through end game content easy. People will get CC150 auras, accessories etc. easy. "Even with +15 stuff CC150 is hard"...yea at first. But they'll learn by time. Like everyone else did in the past. "We can adjust those Dungeons to make things harder (increasing Mob LP/strenght etc.)" ...still no use. Will just need a little more time than usual.

Yes, the ultimate Goal is to get +15 shit. But not fast. And not easy. If you get there fast and easy, then the game is done. That's where RNG comes in. Luck. Pure luck. Everyone has the same chances! You can be a casher with tons of purple/green stones or a broke F2P player with like 6 purple/green stones. The outcome is decided by luck. The casher can get f*cked and end up at +8 while the F2P player can go +12 with those 6 stones. Your suggestion with guaranteed results after x amount of stones will benefit the cashers first. They can afford tons of stones. And they can farm tons of stones. Most of the times better than F2P players. But with RNG in Upgrading, Cashers and F2P players are equal. Same chances. It's just that cashers can afford more cuz they are mostly rich with Zeni and just buy stones easy. F2P player will have to farm so it's harder to them. BUT at the end, as i said, the casher can still get f*cked as hard as the F2P player. Or if F2P player is lucky, he gets better result than the casher. I did it once back in POB with my Poko staff. Was +6, used 2x purple stone and got 2x success +3. No white Stone used and boom...+12.

Luck. And yes not everyone can pull that of. But it can happen. To a Casher or a F2P player like me.

Think ahead. Imagine how the server will look like with this suggestion. Imagine the outcome. You know this game. Just imagine it! People run around with +15....nothing to do cuz the sh*t game is easy and everyone has what they want. Not a good game.

I got f*cked at upgrading sooooo many times...in KR server...TW server...here. Hate it too. But atm i can't come up with a better solution. And the suggestions made so far will just kill the game at the end. Gotta live with it i guess xD

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

d5ao5rb.gif

• I agree, i think people forgot how the upgrade system was in KR, TW and HK. It is alot easier here.

Many mmorpgs have upgrade system depends on luck, so it should be in dbo.

If it became easier the game would die.

• What's wrong with you people? This isn't tw anymore don't be afraid of major changes. Now if there was a guy that farmed for like 6months and used like 500-1000 stones and ended up with +8 gear would you actually dare to say "yes, it is fair my friend"? That is way pass normal. In most mmos you actually end up not losing everything you've achieved but here you can completely destroy your hard work worth of months in a matter of seconds. Making this system would make it harder so what is wrong with you? Something like "account bind" could come to reality so that cashers couldn't buy +15. How perfect that would be trust me. Everyone would be farming to get upgrades, cashers couldn't get away with this either. It would be messy when everyone would be farming but that's another story and there are other alternatives to make farming more available to others. Hell even dungeons could become special when you would have to actually grind them hard with strong bosses. That's not the topic anyway. Game rips off your progress and you're just "better luck next time" like it was some spirit that sometimes supports you and sometimes doesn't. It's random and it sucks. Come up with other idea of not having your work destroyed in seconds and then talk about "too easy" when some guys can get +13+ with 10stones.

• The argument of "oh tw and kr was harder, stop complaining" is the dumbest shit i've ever read honestly, where are the TW and KR servers? please tell me.

You can clearly see the playercount getting less and less every week just by checking the channels on the weekend. Yesterday there was less than 2000 people playing on a saturday evening... which is the day most people are off school, work ect...

reading such things .. brings me back to discuss " Game Balance Broken"

1. This is a game based on dragonball

2. a game which is based on dragonball is supposed to have a nice pvp.

3. our current " pvp " is not even worth to get called " pvp "

4. rework this whole pvp balance, give us a game with quality and we will get 100x or even 1000x more players within a short time.

do you really think they all quit only cause of an rng upgrade system?

no they quit cause this game lack in quality.

and not only in pvp but thats the worst problem.

• What's wrong with you people? This isn't tw anymore don't be afraid of major changes. Now if there was a guy that farmed for like 6months and used like 500-1000 stones and ended up with +8 gear would you actually dare to say "yes, it is fair my friend"? That is way pass normal. In most mmos you actually end up not losing everything you've achieved but here you can completely destroy your hard work worth of months in a matter of seconds. Making this system would make it harder so what is wrong with you? Something like "account bind" could come to reality so that cashers couldn't buy +15. How perfect that would be trust me. Everyone would be farming to get upgrades, cashers couldn't get away with this either. It would be messy when everyone would be farming but that's another story and there are other alternatives to make farming more available to others. Hell even dungeons could become special when you would have to actually grind them hard with strong bosses. That's not the topic anyway. Game rips off your progress and you're just "better luck next time" like it was some spirit that sometimes supports you and sometimes doesn't. It's random and it sucks. Come up with other idea of not having your work destroyed in seconds and then talk about "too easy" when some guys can get +13+ with 10stones.

yeah maybe that change would be a good idea if you just make everything from cashshop bind.

but do you really think that will happen?

they wouldnt earn any money with this game cause most players just donate to make zeni so cash shop without bind will be always part of the game

• yeah maybe that change would be a good idea if you just make everything from cashshop bind.

but do you really think that will happen?

they wouldnt earn any money with this game cause most players just donate to make zeni so cash shop without bind will be always part of the game

You wouldn't need to touch the cash shop just those stones that aren't in cash shop.

• Hunter

Dunno what experienes you made but all i read is "i'm frustrated". And frustrated suggestions are always bad cuz they are based on emotions.

You fail to see the bigger picture. Maybe the frustration blocking it or you simply don't wanna understand what i wrote.

This suggestion won't work. Will solve the problem for ppl who have the wish to get +15 but at the same time it will literally end this game. Don't you see or realize that or do you try hard to not see/realize?

Account bound on upgraded stuff? Wtf? How am i supposed to earn zeni if i can't sell upgraded items? By doing that cashers would stop cashing lmao. You think they gonna cash for dogis? xD

This suggestion + what you want will turn this into a so called fun server. Trust me, it's no fun at all! Basically a server where you achieve everything fast and close to 0 trouble to have fun (run dungeons fast and pvp) This is just a big fail!

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

d5ao5rb.gif

• Hey little man, surf the internet for a definition of "antisocial personality disorder" and you'll see that i couldn't talk with emotions even if I wanted to. Account bind stones actually and not stuff. That was a thought for you people who say "cashers get +15 easy anyway". You wanted the hardest solution I gave one so what up? So best excuse to luck system is "you want everything easy?" No just something harder with definite results. Simple as that how can you not get it?

idk what u mean there are no stones in cash shop.. you just make zeni by cashpoints and buy stones in AH..

or you just want to bind stones which are dropped by monsters? trust me you dont want that. ...you would have to farm 500x more than right now :D

"Too easy". I'm supporting the idea and this was for people that say "cashers will get easy anyway". I wouldn't mind cashers spending like 400$ to get a piece of +15 (being able to buy stones with zeni earned through cashing).

• To be honest i rather for them to do what dragon nest did for upgrading system to make certain amount of white stones help prevent weapon upgrade reduction instead of choosing cards and remove or reduce the "if fail automatically lose all points" bit to -1.-5 upgrade points, that happened to me two days ago on a legendary weapon, was on +10 too (went -10 had to start all over).

With the white stones showing a percentage of success (will never place around 100% the highest it could go would be around 75%)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!