Removing the RNG from the Upgrade system

• Guys, if we remove the RNG in the upgrade system then it will close the gap between f2p, cashers and buggers. And besides, the reason players are quiting is because the result they get from their weeks and weeks of hard farming is unfair and stupid because of the upgrade RNG, this game is mostly 90% RNG based which what makes this game different when comparing to other MMOs and which is why this game is slowly dying. But there is one thing that is needed for this thread or Lostcoco idea to work, you will need the dbog staff to listen to this thread and agree with it, and answer me this question, when has there ever a time where the staff have ever put some players suggestion to heart and put it in the game?

dangerlord.png

tumblr_n0jaqoJedv1qiijr6o1_500.gif

Jr Master of FusionFall

11_small.pngFighter lvl60: DangerLord54

18_small.pngTurtle lvl44: RangerLord94

20_small.pngPoko Priest lvl17: SpeedLord24

19_small.pngShadow Knight lvl1: TankLord14

• Account bind stones actually and not stuff.

Hey little man. Your post sounds angry.

Basically force every single player into farming stones huh? Did you ever farm?

Do you want me to tell you the outcome of stone bind? If you read it up to here and still don't see the problem you cause, keep reading.

Guys, if we remove the RNG in the upgrade system then it will close the gap between f2p, cashers and buggers. And besides, the reason players are quiting is because the result they get from their weeks and weeks of hard farming is unfair and stupid because of the upgrade RNG, this game is mostly 90% RNG based which what makes this game different when comparing to other MMOs and which is why this game is slowly dying. But there is one thing that is needed for this thread or Lostcoco idea to work, you will need the dbog staff to listen to this thread and agree with it, and answer me this question, when has there ever a time where the staff have ever put some players suggestion to heart and put it in the game?

They quit cuz the game itself is ass. Not DBOG in general. DBO itself. It's an old ass game and has nothing to offer. Daneos mentioned doing lvl 80 which he might pull of, but after that it's done i guess.

Alsi staff reads the threads lol. They just don't bother cuz most suggestions are ass too. Like this one. Will ruin the game so they don't bother answering. Instead they count on ppl who have some experience and can think ahead to show the suggestion maker what possibly could go wrong.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Hey little man. Your post sounds angry.

Basically force every single player into farming stones huh? Did you ever farm?

Do you want me to tell you the outcome of stone bind? If you read it up to here and still don't see the problem you cause, keep reading.

Really? Didn't notice that it sounds angry ding wong. Anyway read my post. I threw a simple thought for people like you who say it's going to be easy for cashers and etc. I never said "make them bind because this is my main idea". Why do people focus on small details? You say too easy so I gave an option for you to consider which i'm not much of a fan myself you get it? An idea for people who say "it's too easy anyway". I also gave some alternatives of how this would manifest but of course It's nothing more than a sedative for people who keep saying too easy. You were talking like it was impossible to to make upgrade system harder so i gave this idea for only "too easy" people. Get it thorough man?

More importantly blast your thoughts about my last idea of "reducing the damage of broken cards" because you either waste more stones and get a plain success/save one downgrade or use the same amount as now to get the same upgrades or get full broken card. Can't see how wasting more stones to protect yourself from one downgrade from broken card would break the game.

• They quit cuz the game itself is ass. Not DBOG in general.

If they quit because there is nothing new to offer then changing the upgrade system to make it fairer is something new and will bring players back and motivated to play again to work hard for +15. And answer me one more question, how will everyone eventually having all +15 in the game, will break and ruin the game?

dangerlord.png

tumblr_n0jaqoJedv1qiijr6o1_500.gif

Jr Master of FusionFall

11_small.pngFighter lvl60: DangerLord54

18_small.pngTurtle lvl44: RangerLord94

20_small.pngPoko Priest lvl17: SpeedLord24

19_small.pngShadow Knight lvl1: TankLord14

• Also the whole point of "people will quit once they get +15" is really just not smart. People are quitting BEFORE getting +15 because they grind their asses off to get shat on by the upgrade system. Once people get their gear +14/15 they will feel like they can finally compete in the end game which is budokai and doing cc150 and such.

The whole point of MMOs is to reach end game, grind your ass off for BiS gear and then do PVP or wait for higher tier content to get better gear.

• Hunter No matter how you say it, twist it or whatever, this suggestion will make the game easy and ultimately kill it. No need to discuss that part. You can go on and say "you guys who always say it's too easy bla bla bla" but it won't matter or mean anything. The outcome of this suggestion and almost every other suggestions that were made, are meant to make the game easy. And at the end it'll kill this game.

About the break part: There are only two options for that one. Either keep it the way it is now ( go thank Daneos) or, what 92% of this community clearly don't want, bring back old break option where your item gets deleted when you hit the break card without using white stones.

Pro:

- Server won't be flooded with tons of shit in AH when it comes to Gear

-Maybe not too many ppl will go past +12, to end this shit where everyone runs around with high upgrades.

-Since white stones can be dropped now (thanks to Daneos), which was not a thing back in the good old days, there won't be such thing as "unfair","pay 2 win" etc. AND white stones will raise in worth so ppl can make some zeni

Con:

- Too many crying noobs here who got too comfortable and want things even easier than it already is

-Server will lose many ppl cuz of said noobs (which also can be counted to the pro-list cuz less annoying idiots)

To sum it up: Daneos made upgrading easy enough to the point where the game is f*cking boring. Now y'all wanna make it even easier. And f*ucking YES! It will be too f*cking easy. Can't deny that fact!!!

If they quit because there is nothing new to offer then changing the upgrade system to make it fairer is something new and will bring players back and motivated to play again to work hard for +15. And answer me one more question, how will everyone eventually having all +15 in the game, will break and ruin the game?

To your last question:

Ask Daneos for the files, make your own server where ppl get easy +15 and see what happens. Or go to another game where ppl offer private servers and play a highrate server. It looks like you don't understand what you are saying lol.

What in the actual ass do you wanna do on DBOG with tons of ppl having +15? Finish end game dungeons in 2 minutes? Get every end game shit within a day? And what after that? Chill at korin plat with ssj on to feel like you're the real Goku? Think ahead for once man! What you want is to kill this game.

And no, changing upgrade part will bring back ppl who quit cuz of that. We call them Ultra Noobs. We don't want them here tho. The game lacks content. It has nothing to offer. Upgrade kinda sucks but it still billion times better than what you guys want. Cuz you kill the game.

My last post here. You guys don't wanna understand. Gave you the results of your changes. Keep ignoring them and try hard to push your dream revolutionary ideas on ppl lmao. Won't happen anyways.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Hello DangerLord54

I understand how do you guys/girls feel, the RNG, Grind.. Broken at Upgrades.. but SumTingWong is right, he said something i tried to said at your thread, if we are full +15 in a determinate time on everything without something to compensate, it could break the PVE and probably the PVP, even if we put our best effort on it, every single instance will be so easy to farm to the point we will have everything what the game have to offer in a very short time... If the idea of the adv. stones goes live (i really wish you the best for it!), indeed, the server will probably gain lots of new/returning players just for the +15 new content, the first days the farming spots will be filled with high upgraded players (and probably some with already +15 helping others and/or trying to upgrade other gear) aiming for the +15 and probably kicking others because they can, it could be some chaos, but after some determinate time, the farming spots will be available for others meaning the ones that were there farming are done with +15 their stuff, and after some other determinate time the farming spots will be almost empty because mostly everyone will be at +15, sure, we have the PVP side but not everyone is into that even when is fun and those kind of players have a high chance to quit after they reach everything the game have to offer since like i said before, every single instance will be so fast or easy to farm.

I tried to help at your thread with some ideas to compensate even when my English limits me a lot.., maybe not the best ideas but they can be used for a starting point plus others ideas from others members in your thread,, at this thread and at our forum in general. Without a balance is real hard to have some something like what you guys/girls suggest, if you really thinks the idea of +15 is good (like I'm still support it, even when I'm real good with our current system) if its possible please show ideas to compensate to the community and they probably listen to them and support more the idea, a brainstorming will be good in my opinion. I'm pretty honest friend, I'm really really trying to help, but I'm running out of options because the idea is good but without something to compensate is hard, real hard to gain support.

Best Wishes!

• I have wanted this since i started playing this game, RNG based upgrade system doesnt mean less people with high upgrade, it means that only lucky people will have it.

You say that with RNG based its just about trying and trying until u get the upgrade u are looking for, its not like everyone can get a huge ammount of stones too many times to try to get +15. If you dont want everyone becoming +15 too fast, just make it that +10/+ needs a fixed big ammount of stones, proportional to RGN based chance.

• +15 isn't going to make PvE any easier than having plus 11-14. All LostCoco's suggestion does is make it possible for certain players to max their equipment. Regardless of whether or not the player base gets full plus 15 they'll eventually complete the entire game, and move on after getting bored for grinding for no reason. The cost for each plus 15 item is more than enough to balance it, all it does is make it possible for players to get purple aura. You'd think after spending 116 advanced stones you'd get +15 if not at least plus 12. With a party full of players with plus 12 equipment there isn't anything PvE related that isn't unbeatable. And not everyone will get +15, because of how long it takes to farm that much.

If anything making it possible to get plus 15 100% increases the game's life span by giving the player base a concrete goal to work for after completing the game. I can guarantee you a solid 95% or more of the community aren't willing to grind senselessly trying to obtain a ghost of a achievement when they've already won budokai, and beaten CC150/BiDs. Chances are they'll have done everything you could in DBOG before they've bothered to grind damn near 1000 advanced stones. There's no harm in adding this to the game because regardless if "everyone" has plus 15 or not people will move on to a different game.

P.S. That's a pretty bold claim saying there isn't content after 70 cap considering you're not apart of the staff SumTingWong.

• But....you're not supposed to get +15 after a certain amount of time. Especially not everyone lmao. That's why it's RNG. You either do it in one day (with many stones and much luck) or over time (1 min to 6 months) or never cuz you're out of luck xD.

We can't have ppl get +15 over a certain amount of time lmao. The game will die.

This is not a good idea man...

From a financial and lifetime standpoint, yes, it makes no sense to give everybody the chance to get +15 with hard work. The system NEEDS to screw people over or one day some people will have nothing to strive for, and thus won't cash anymore or even straight up leave. Especially for NTL's purposes, they had to do that. This is a private server, though Daneos understandably would also want profits to keep coming in for longer.

But from a humane and fairness perspective, obviously it makes sense to remove RNG, or at least downgrades. We wouldn't have lucky assholes who get +15 with only 20 advanced stones, or people who ragequit after wasting 250 advanced stones for +6. Eventually more people can viably enter the tournament by simply having the determination to grind for it, keeping the scene alive with fresh competition, and inspiring more people in general to aim for the top rather than quit trying because the RNG is just too daunting. Just don't change the system mid lvl-70 cap, and make +15 require a TON of stones.

The fact that more people will leave than join eventually is just a sad fact. But there's good arguments for both sides, so either way I'll understand.

• You're like a concrete that cannot be convinced to be steel. It's a metaphor by the way. All I see is you thinking that your opinion is verified and you have some fortunate ability to see the outcome all the time. You're completely wrong with all of it and you're the only one here who talks from his own opinion without seeing "the big picture" yourself. Even protecting yourself by 1 downgrade by using like 2-4 advanced stones would be too much? What are you talking about when people could waste only 1 and get a success anyway with this system, their choice. Clearly you're that kind of person who sticks with his own crappy opinion and talking with you feels like a waste of time. This is part of your character and it's a downside but whatever. You're like a programmed guy with this "+15 easy get back broken option I like rng I can see the future and my calculations of every single outcome surpass you all". Enough with you, that's your opinion and you're free to keep it as everyone else but at least keep it to yourself and stop barking that everyone else is actually not capable of seeing the outcome and that everyone is only asking for "an easy" solution. I absolutely see no problem with my last suggestion for both rng lovers and opposite people but that's because I don't lock and limit myself to one possibility like some robot. And why am I even talking with a guy who doesn't even know the principles of mmos. Don't answer because you said this was your last post. Bye felicia.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!