[EVENT] Vote for the next events!

• Hello DBOG Community,

Here we go again with events threads! As some of you may know the drawing event didn't have many submissions so I had to cancel it.

This is why I'm making a voting thread before I launch the next events: I need to know if people will be involved!

As for the in-game event, there will be two options:

1st option: In-game race, just as in <CM Event> In-Game Race!

2nd option: Another quiz event, but in Spanish or Portuguese! I will reach out to both communities so they can vote in here too, but if you are from these language communities and reading this thread spread the word!

For the forum event, there will be two options:

1st option: Screenshot contest, and you can suggest a subject to be taken into account for the contest!

2nd option: Video contest, and you can suggest a subject too! I would really love to make a video contest but I don't know if many of you will be up to do so as it is way more work (just as drawing) than taking a screenshot in game, so please let me know what you think!

Just comment this thread, stating your opinion, in order to vote for both the in-game and forum event you'd like me to announce next week!

Please comment and express yourselves in a civil manner, let's keep this thread flame and troll-free.

Regards,

Aru

Community Manager

Tópico português: [EVENTO] Quiz em português?

Tópico español: [EVENTO] Quiz en español?

• Aru, en mi opinion el de las carreras no seria muy buena idea implementarlo, el server tiene unos pequeños problemas guardando la informacion de posicion de personajes, o en palabras simples, me ha pasado que jugando con mis 2 cuentas, en una esta el p1 caminando, en la otra esta p2 quieto, pero en p2 no veo a p1 caminando, lo veo en la posicion que estaba antes de empezar a caminar y solo aparece en la posicion que es si p1 se detiene y vuelve a caminar. Es un pequeño bug que no afecta mucho al gameplay, pero si al evento de carreras

• Aru, en mi opinion el de las carreras no seria muy buena idea implementarlo, el server tiene unos pequeños problemas guardando la informacion de posicion de personajes, o en palabras simples, me ha pasado que jugando con mis 2 cuentas, en una esta el p1 caminando, en la otra esta p2 quieto, pero en p2 no veo a p1 caminando, lo veo en la posicion que estaba antes de empezar a caminar y solo aparece en la posicion que es si p1 se detiene y vuelve a caminar. Es un pequeño bug que no afecta mucho al gameplay, pero si al evento de carreras

Es un bug visual de tu lado, ya hicimos carrera anteriormente como puedes ver en el tópico enlazado y no afecto el resultado, asi que no hay problema.

• Makin screenshot contest would be good. I`m into it. Video contest takes to much time. In my opinion it`s very easy to take a snap to video game. A lot of players could participate in this. At the end u can do poll and ppl would choose out of application. How about reward? It should be something in game, but idk what it should be.

Bajek- [Lvl 60] 14_small.png Dende Priest

DolceVita- [Lvl 55] 13_small.png Dark Warrior

LavidaLoca [Lvl 10] Spiritualist

• 1st option: Screenshot contest

tumblr_no463iIN931rhndafo3_r1_500.gif

I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray,Blade Works

• I like the idea of having quiz events in different languages, giving the largest non-english DBOG communities a chance to score.

The race event sounds really fun despite the visual bugs, participants can always record it just to play safe.

I strongly endorse themed screenshot events such as seasonal cosplay (summer screenshot event for instance), and it would give cheap dogis some use.

Video editing is not very popular in DBOG yet and because it is very time-consuming editors usually wont participate, UNLESS the rewards can somehow be worth the time and effort.

But I would still love to see you spawn custom bosses with modified loot Aru . Having a reliable event host with the necessary cmds is something Daneos should consider having.

• En mi opinion lo de spawnear booses modificados y con diferente loot por el mapa de dbog seria una gran idea pero no tiene que ser un evento puntual sino un evento diario como el del boss pero el boss la gente lo hace por obligacion para sacar cajas, o bien por los titulos. Estos bosses que se pueden spawnear que sean diferentes y no se necesite la ayuda de 20-30 personas para tumbarlo rapido sino que alomejor con una party o 2 se pueda por que esos bosses suelten algun loot interesante pero no obligatorio.

• For the ingame event, I'd definitly vote for the 1st option IF and only IF you refrain from using the chat again.

A simple limited time NPC asking the questions and providing 4 or 6 multiple choice answers is the way to go, in my opinion. Would be a lot easier to track who has the most correct answers too. If this can't be done, the race sounds like a better option, although lacking in the creativity department...

For the forum, screenshot hands down, video takes too long so there wouldn't be as many people participating. Just my 5 cents!

• For the ingame event, I'd definitly vote for the 1st option IF and only IF you refrain from using the chat again.

A simple limited time NPC asking the questions and providing 4 or 6 multiple choice answers is the way to go, in my opinion. Would be a lot easier to track who has the most correct answers too. If this can't be done, the race sounds like a better option, although lacking in the creativity department...

For the forum, screenshot hands down, video takes too long so there wouldn't be as many people participating. Just my 5 cents!

Hey, thanks for your input!

We ended up using the tori bot announcer for the questions, so everyone could see and no need to scroll up the chat.

NPC asking questions is not possible and would be difficult to spot with the lag of all people around it.

Also giving multiple choice answers you can easily spam all choice answers in a few seconds so it would be about the one that spams faster.
    Tracking the right answers wasn't an issue for me.

I agree with screenshot being more open, but whenever I make a video it will be bigger rewards!

Thanks again!

• I now realize I said NPC asking questions, oopsie. I wrote NPC but was thinking of some sort of dialog box that opens when you press a button (but I don't know what to name that, so my brain ordered me to type NPC -_- Sorry, english is not my first language lol).

And spam wouldn't be a problem, since it would record your answer and move on to the next question, you can't fail and try again until you get the right one (I know quests do that, but this should be different of course)...

No need to say thanks, I'm not a very participating nor older player, just started couple months ago, but if I can help improve the game I'm playing, better be sure I'll try to.

• There is possibility to make npc with questions, in game there is a few of them. U can add some sort of timer to this, 10 questions with a/b/c answers and here we go, the fastes one gets reward. This event could last for a couple of hours and everyone have to get one and only one chance.

Bajek- [Lvl 60] 14_small.png Dende Priest

DolceVita- [Lvl 55] 13_small.png Dark Warrior

LavidaLoca [Lvl 10] Spiritualist

• ºCaptura de Pantalla

ºQuiz en ESPAÑOOOL!!

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»► 486e95c554767f135cfe62adc8c43d8c61455e62_hq.gif◄««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

:!: You must protect everything that is important to you:!:

• 1. can u explain what exactly do you mean with video contest what do we have to record?

2. in-game quiz only for spanish or portugese is really unfair, better let them learn english so everybody can join.

The quiz in another Language as the team is trying to engage other members of the community. I thikn Aru had one in english a while back and now is giving the option for others to try

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!