Out of curiosity how many people would like to play an updated version of DBO?

• Some of the greatest games in history have been made by a single person or very small teams with little or no experience when they started

I defy you to name 1 example. Don't just make such an audacious statement, then say "look it up yourself, I swear its true" LOL, what a lame excuse that is. Burden of proof is on you bud.

Besides- A small game of developers making their own game is one thing, what we have here is a small group of developers recreating a game using a foundation (And ******* that up anyways, well... actually nah the game was pretty awful on its own to begin with, cant fault them for that).

• I defy you to name 1 example. Don't just make such an audacious statement, then say "look it up yourself, I swear its true" LOL, what a lame excuse that is. Burden of proof is on you bud.

Besides- A small game of developers making their own game is one thing, what we have here is a small group of developers recreating a game using a foundation (And ******* that up anyways, well... actually nah the game was pretty awful on its own to begin with, cant fault them for that).

RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Dust: an elysian tale. (Even got ported to consoles)

Banished.

Just to name a few games that have been made by 1 person.

• My dream was and still is an actual upgraded version of DBO, like, in all senses. FighterZ-like graphics, a world even bigger and more detailed, a more dynamic combat (without becoming a fighting game or an action RPG like Xenoverse, still with MMORPG-like action bars and all) and including flying combat, no limits open world PvP to make flying combat and normal combat even more epic, temporal world damage from skills, world reacting to skills (plants or water reacting to explosions or energy being thrown, or someone flying too fast very close, etc), maybe even more races and better customization, and maybe a more fixed economy, because I think the Tenkaichi Budokai prize is supposed to be actually pretty good money lol

But well, a man can dream.

• My dream was and still is an actual upgraded version of DBO, like, in all senses. FighterZ-like graphics, a world even bigger and more detailed, a more dynamic combat (without becoming a fighting game or an action RPG like Xenoverse, still with MMORPG-like action bars and all) and including flying combat, no limits open world PvP to make flying combat and normal combat even more epic, temporal world damage from skills, world reacting to skills (plants or water reacting to explosions or energy being thrown, or someone flying too fast very close, etc), maybe even more races and better customization, and maybe a more fixed economy, because I think the Tenkaichi Budokai prize is supposed to be actually pretty good money lol

But well, a man can dream.

You're dream will come true soon. Look forward to it.

• Lemme clarify: Okay yes, I admit that these popular games have only one (or few) developers. FAct of the matter is, this isn't minecraft, or rollercoaster tycoon, etc. This is a full fledged MMORPH experience, with thousands of work-hours put into the development of assets, graphic design, artwork, networking between multiple companies, communication between aspects of developers, etc. This is a project incomparable in magnitude to the projects of singe-player games. A single developer could never revive an entire MMORPG in a few years, letalone create one.

That's why we've seen the numerous delays since the dawn of this project on DBOCOM.com (I wonder how Citrinite is doing nowadays lol). It's been 5+ years, and the game is only just now being finalized in it's revival. Sure its a difficult undertaking, and its commendable that anyone worked on this project to begin with. But the fact remains that being able to maintain such a game will require a community of mods working together with the general community. This is a project where everyone's input will be involved.

tl;dr don't compare an MMORPG to minecraft. You could technically program minecraft in your basement if you knew the right coding, and get it done within a couple of hours. You couldn't do the same with an MMO.

• Lemme clarify: Okay yes, I admit that these popular games have only one (or few) developers. FAct of the matter is, this isn't minecraft, or rollercoaster tycoon, etc. This is a full fledged MMORPH experience, with thousands of work-hours put into the development of assets, graphic design, artwork, networking between multiple companies, communication between aspects of developers, etc. This is a project incomparable in magnitude to the projects of singe-player games. A single developer could never revive an entire MMORPG in a few years, letalone create one.

That's why we've seen the numerous delays since the dawn of this project on DBOCOM.com (I wonder how Citrinite is doing nowadays lol). It's been 5+ years, and the game is only just now being finalized in it's revival. Sure its a difficult undertaking, and its commendable that anyone worked on this project to begin with. But the fact remains that being able to maintain such a game will require a community of mods working together with the general community. This is a project where everyone's input will be involved.

tl;dr don't compare an MMORPG to minecraft. You could technically program minecraft in your basement if you knew the right coding, and get it done within a couple of hours. You couldn't do the same with an MMO.

Then we will be yhe first.

• Yeah, sure, we'll see how that turns out. Plenty of private servers have gone and went, and so far this community is already stagnating. Dragon ball global won't have permanence, and is far from anything remotely competitive. This is just a niche, rogue-like mmorpg from 2010 kept together by a close-knit group of dedicated fans (And 90% Chinese players).

• somthing created by a groupe of peopole that have nice experience or a company ! waay too many peopole but if it's 1 man project it won't bee that great

LMAO!!!!! Whatever You Sayunknown.png

"I decided early that I would never take a life. Right around the time I decided that I wanted to live. It wasn't an arbitrary decision and it was more than moral. It's about identity. As long as you can choose that, choose who you are in the world... you can choose to call yourself sane"
    -Bruce Wayne

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!