Returning to dbo with disappointment

• I'll make a confession, just last week, I manage to upgrade both my lvl 60 pants and stick which was both at +0 and into +12 after a few greens, purple and a bit of red, blues and white and after I made them both to +12 amd realising how easy this has become, I think I made a mistake putting all of that upgrade thread that I did and I want to say srry that I did. Although I will not agree with breaking the item like it did in tw, I would say that when you get a broken with white, it should give -6 to the gear, which will set you way back.

You were lucky, then! It cost me a good hundred advanced stones to get where I'm at, and I was satisfied with +12 weapons and +11 armor. IMO, if the upgrade system has to be made harder, then we should add a chance for reds and blues to add +0 on success. The backwards-progress-and-getting-weaker thing because of shitty luck is the worst thing that can happen to anyone, and is the reason EVERYONE hates this crappy upgrade system.

There some moderators who have been around for a while who know the ropes and in my faithful opinion should be promoted to game master to assist with the game master duties. Im talking about Kakarot and Kuromi.

both of them have served faithfully as moderators I think it would be time for them to step up and assist the gms

what you guys think?

Absolutely. Those guys have done a great job, and the more motivated Game Moderators DBOG has, the better.

Hell, why limit it to GMs? If you start offering an advanced upgrade stone or something per botter caught on video, I'm sure more players would be willing to do what I did. Just turn everyone against the botters and make it known how to catch them.

• I'll make a confession, just last week, I manage to upgrade both my lvl 60 pants and stick which was both at +0 and into +12 after a few greens, purple and a bit of red, blues and white and after I made them both to +12 amd realising how easy this has become, I think I made a mistake putting all of that upgrade thread that I did and I want to say srry that I did. Although I will not agree with breaking the item like it did in tw, I would say that when you get a broken with white, it should give -6 to the gear, which will set you way back.

"As long as the system benefits me, I couldn't care less what Daneos does to the upgrade system. Despite making the thread to help those who've been on the negative side of the upgrading scale, it now no longer bothers me as I have plus 12 now."

That's essentially what you've written right there. As if your validity wasn't already irrelevant to a portion of the community, you just went ahead and contradicted yourself just because the odds happened to be in your favor. Thus obliterating your credibility.

As someone who's claimed to never gone above plus 10, or even tried CC55+ you're literally the last person I want to hear spreading rumors about how undeniably easy DBOG is compared to what it was in TW. After all the difficulty buffs CC has gone through, CC in DBOG is far more difficult than what it ever was in TW. Floor 56-59 is full of hordes of mobs with approximately 200k LP . One mistake on CC90-100, and that could be the end of your entire party. Now this wouldn't be much of an issue of Turtles didn't crit a quarter of the damage they used to deal back in TW, TW's CC didn't have multiple floors filled with nothing but supers with an obnoxious amount of health. This makes TW CC seem like a joke when put next to Global's CC, we do less damage, and the mobs are either far more tankier, or there's an increase in their quantity(discouraging players from taking an extra DPS aside from Turtle Hermit). Up until Floor 50, the Ultra floors are more difficult/take more time than the actual boss fights them self. I get where Daneos' coming from, he's trying to make CC tedious preventing players from spamming CC100 10 times a day, which some do 5-8 times depending on how much free time they've got regardless. I'm also not trying to say DBOG's extremely hard, nor am I trying to say Daneos should lower the difficulty on CC/increase success rate. All I'm trying to say is that DBOG isn't nearly as easy as you make it out to be, it takes a long time to get the gear you need. On top of the fact CC is more challenging now compared to what it was in TW, it isn't so forgiving if your entire team's not equipped with full plus 12-15 gear, and if they don't know what they're doing; welp guess you'd just have to accept the fact you're going to die a lot of times trying to spam it for the gear you need.

Hi mate, just because something was "easy" for you, doesn't mean it will be "easy" for others. Some people can spend 50+ advanced to get +12 whilst others can get success +3 every time to +12. This does not make it neither easy or hard as luck is just luck.

For example, it took me 5 advanced stones to get +11 on my sword which seems "easy" right? Okay well after that i used 60 advanced stones and didn't go higher than +11 and ended up on +7. This just means i was unlucky... 60 stones in a row... but of course, it will eventually even out to where i get lucky on other pieces of gear. That's why i suggested a "guaranteed" upgrade suggestion in your thread.

I hope next time you look at things logically instead of giving people like SumTingWong ammo for his weaponized autism.

• Hi mate, just because something was "easy" for you, doesn't mean it will be "easy" for others. Some people can spend 50+ advanced to get +12 whilst others can get success +3 every time to +12. This does not make it neither easy or hard as luck is just luck.

For example, it took me 5 advanced stones to get +11 on my sword which seems "easy" right? Okay well after that i used 60 advanced stones and didn't go higher than +11 and ended up on +7. This just means i was unlucky... 60 stones in a row... but of course, it will eventually even out to where i get lucky on other pieces of gear. That's why i suggested a "guaranteed" upgrade suggestion in your thread.

I hope next time you look at things logically instead of giving people like SumTingWong ammo for his weaponized autism.

Well, I'm just trying to think of the best solution to this and I never played the TW version so I never get to know how hard it was back then, and I only played this game for 1 year, I never get to experience everything first hand like back in the TW and I'm only learning about this game from other people but yeah, you're right, I didn't look at things logically. Sigh, I'm retracting what I said on my previous post and I'm going to go back to Lostcoco idea since I did say on my thread it is better to work hard to get good gears and upgrades instead of being at the mercy of RNG 24/7 when playing this game.

dangerlord.png

tumblr_n0jaqoJedv1qiijr6o1_500.gif

Jr Master of FusionFall

11_small.pngFighter lvl60: DangerLord54

18_small.pngTurtle lvl44: RangerLord94

20_small.pngPoko Priest lvl17: SpeedLord24

19_small.pngShadow Knight lvl1: TankLord14

Edited once, last by DangerLord54 ().

• As someone who's claimed to never gone above plus 10, or even tried CC55+ you're literally the last person I want to hear spreading rumors about how undeniably easy DBOG is compared to what it was in TW. After all the difficulty buffs CC has gone through, CC in DBOG is far more difficult than what it ever was in TW. Floor 56-59 is full of hordes of mobs with approximately 200k LP . One mistake on CC90-100, and that could be the end of your entire party. Now this wouldn't be much of an issue of Turtles didn't crit a quarter of the damage they used to deal back in TW, TW's CC didn't have multiple floors filled with nothing but supers with an obnoxious amount of health. This makes TW CC seem like a joke when put next to Global's CC, we do less damage, and the mobs are either far more tankier, or there's an increase in their quantity(discouraging players from taking an extra DPS aside from Turtle Hermit). Up until Floor 50, the Ultra floors are more difficult/take more time than the actual boss fights them self. I get where Daneos' coming from, he's trying to make CC tedious preventing players from spamming CC100 10 times a day, which some do 5-8 times depending on how much free time they've got regardless. I'm also not trying to say DBOG's extremely hard, nor am I trying to say Daneos should lower the difficulty on CC/increase success rate. All I'm trying to say is that DBOG isn't nearly as easy as you make it out to be, it takes a long time to get the gear you need. On top of the fact CC is more challenging now compared to what it was in TW, it isn't so forgiving if your entire team's not equipped with full plus 12-15 gear, and if they don't know what they're doing; welp guess you'd just have to accept the fact you're going to die a lot of times trying to spam it for the gear you need.

I wrote somewhere that i don't go past +10 cuz i aim for PvE farming. I did go past +10 multiple times. Only thing i will really try to go at least +12 on is my future Poko Staff. Also i got f*cked hard by Upgrading too. Used maybe about 16 purples and 50 red stones for my claws cuz i wanted them on +12. Ended up at +10 tho. I got f*cked hard in upgrading in KR/TW where you actually lost your sh*t cuz of break system. Did i get frustrated? F*ck yea i did! But i kept on going and sh*t was dope.

Wow. A part of the game got more difficult. What tragedy that it's not as easy as it was before....it should've been like this from the beginning! Hard. And i hope End Game content for 70 cap will be as hard as CC is now. Or even harder cuz we are atm at 60 cap. At 70 cap ppl can get better sh*t to spam CC. Should be a little easier again by then. But i also hope Daneos will adjust it so it's as hard as it is for 60 cap. Same for end game dungeon (kraken,bacterian etc.) You get the best sh*t from them. So the best sh*t should be hard to get. No more easy speed spam parties that need less than 3 minutes for a run. If you want end game rewards, it should be hard to get them. Same for CC150 aura, it should be hard af to be obtainable. It's a special reward after all.

Most of the ppl here take this lame game too serious (not saying DBOG server is lame, i mean the game in general).

Saying things like "+15 is the goal". It's not btw. +12 is fine af too. Why you wanna go full +15? What will you do after getting that? More chars? What if you get +15 on them too? What's your goal then?

+15 is just a setting. If Daneos wanted to, he could make +20 or +25 or +9000. Still wouldn't be a goal. It's just an option. I'd say if you get +12 it's enough. Ofc you can try +15 cuz it's an option. But not 100% needed.

Get your expactations a little lower and chill more guys! Nobody here really cares what you ppl achieve ingame. Ofc guild ppl and other ppl you know (let's say friends) will say "congratz" and sh*t but after that, no one cares. Let's say you get your CC150 aura someday, i will go all out spam you with "GZ" "you a pro" "stronger than Admin Powers" etc., but after that? Meh. Might still make OP references here and there for fun but that would be it.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• 1st paragraph fair enough.

Point 2: My point wasn't that I was complaining CC got more difficult, I was trying to convince you that DBOG isn't as easy as you make it out to be. CC back in retail wasn't very difficult either, at least during the Lv 70 cap, it was just a matter of trying to find a team of strong, knowledgeable players. If anything it was easier with a Turtle that could crit for over 100k, the ultra/super mob's lp wasn't based on the parties level either, and some of the rooms didn't have as many mobs. I get where you're coming from difficult end game content shouldn't be easy, but to complain that the game is easy despite Daneos' effort to increase the difficulty is a mere sign of you being ignorant of the game's state. And CC isn't just any part of DBOG, it's the main event of PvE. It rewards the best armor in the entire game for 2 out of the 3 races, gives very good rewards, and is the most fun you'd ever get out of PvE content in DBOG. Making changes to CC's difficulty affects the game for a lot of players drastically. And that's just the buffs the mobs and bosses received, not even including the cap that was placed on speed.

Point 3: You believe players are taking DBOG seriously, because you think it's lame? Well opinions vary per person, and you're entitled to your own opinion, however that doesn't justify stomping on other people for wanting +15. Those who grinds effortlessly everyday would completely disagree with you on that part. I myself am one of those players who grinded effortlessly everyday, and managed to obtain plus 12-14 without cashing.

+15 isn't a goal? Who's to say plus 15 isn't the goal, it's the maximum, it's as high as you can go. Saying plus 15 isn't a goal is like trying to convince an athlete who runs at 40 kilometers per hour, that their goal of trying to break the 45 kilometer per hour world record isn't a goal. That it's a mere delusion, that not everyone is lucky enough to be born with that much talent. That's an opinion, not a fact. Fact is a lot of players consider plus 15 to be a goal, even Mussolini. +12 is nice, with full plus 12-13 you're respected by most players as a very strong player. However even after completing one goal, humans make a second goal to go further beyond, it's just the way most humans work. It's the exact same concept used in Dragon Ball Z, the villains always get strong, thus your gear will always get stronger. I mean if it weren't for this faulty upgrade system. Achievements aren't just meant to gain praise from strangers, it can also be a form of bragging rights with your friends, or a way for you to feel accomplished. People do care about what you achieve in game, the ones who play the game care. They show their care by either praising you, or dissing you. Considering how much trash talk you see going around on platform, I'd say a lot of players care.

Thus in conclusion.....

Everyone has their own goals in the game, and +15 is a fair and valid goal to have. There's nothing wrong with taking a game some of the player base loves enough to go for the best of the best gear. +15 offers closure while rewarding the player with overwhelming stats. I know RPGs aren't supposed to have an end, but +15 isn't an ending. DBOG doesn't have an actual ending, you can continuously make alternate accounts going for full +15 on multiple sets for the rest of your life. But getting full plus 15 gives the player the ultimate sense of accomplishment as it's a fleeting ghost of an achievement for most players. And there's no way in hell the upgrade system's so easy that you can get full plus 15 on multiple sets on multiple accounts legit. Most players would run out of gas trying to accomplish that one account even if they were both farmers and cashers. And 90% if not more of the players with full plus 15, or actually any plus 15 are just Chinos running around with bugged gear. However I have no concrete or statistical evidence to back that claim about the amount of players with plus 15. You can make up your own assumptions by looking around ingame.

The game isn't easy, it already takes a considerable amount of time to either box TMQ armor, or to spam TMQ to get the gear with satisfactory stats. And that's trumped by the hassle you've gotta deal with to get a set of CC90 armor. At that point you gotta rely on a team of 4 other players are competent as you are, chances are if you're strong enough to get decent gear that isn't very common in this server. It's not easy trying to form a team of players who can tolerate multiple runs continuously without failing on top of the prices and rarity of the tickets.

• i wonder if someone is reading these long posts

Nah, when I see a long post that looks like a novel, I just ignore it because I can't be bothered to waste my time reading it XD

It was a reply to SumTinWong, not to either of you. Although whenever I reply to you two, I'll keep in mind that you don't like to read long posts, and simplify it as much as possible.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!