Why is this game worth playing?

• Despite the major development flaws, a Dragonball RPG game like this was always what fans called for, an open world Dragonball game they could immerse themselves into and directly become part of. To this date the franchise management has failed to come with anything better, not even Xenoverse can beat this game.

Then why is it that Xenoverse 1 and 2 have outside this game a dozen times over? Why is it that the market for Xenoverse games is still popular? With DLC packs still being released, and content updates being dished out over a longer period? While you may not like Xenoverse, you can't deny that it's success outshone DBO by lightyears, you can't dispute that one game is a dead KRMMO, while the other was a massive success internationally. And do you know why? Its not because the features offered were necessarily superior, but they were accessible. The designers for Xenoverse knew how to make a popular game: They made it fun and rewarding to play, and offered longevity in the form of DLC releases. Furthermore; Xenoverse is NOT an MMO, it was never meant to be. Its a game that you can beat and move on from, and its precisely because it doesn't have an endless, pointless grind that it became a success.

Because when you think of successful games in the long run, its about appealing to the majority and making sure everyone had a fun experience. I wouldn't go back to Xenoverse now, but I can't deny I've had a great experience with both games, leveling up my characters with my friends and all.

So don't compare the success of Xenoverse with the Failures of DBO and call the latter a good contestant lol.

Am I saying DBO doesn't do things well? No. AM I saying it doesn't offer its own share of good experiences? No. I'm only saying that the flaws of this game are so numerous and overbearing, that they make it a it a pain in the ass to play and effectively kill any chance of longevity it could ever have. The entire point of my comment was to ask players why they bother with such a clunky experience. So far, the most popular reasons are "nostalgia and being a fan of DBO" instead of just saying "I like this MMO because its a well balanced/fun experience.". Its an admission that only fans of the series can forgive the innumerable flaws because, as you say, its really the only mmo experience offered in dragon ball You're playing this because you have literally no alternative as a fan. And that's disappointing for everyone, because this experience is so lackluster.

• The market for Xenoverse is better than this and still popular because it's a game actually being developed by Bandai and not just a small staff recreating the game. I love Xenoverse, but I actually prefer an open world game like this to XV, which stole pretty much all its ideas from this game. In play both games because XV is as close to a modern DBO as we're going to get. Now I agree, the game has gotten boring for me as well and I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I'm always going to make time for it because it gives me an open world DB experience that no other game has right now.

The game is heavily flawed, but we also just got an announcement for a new client that's supposed ot have a ton of new stuff in it. Do I want Daenos to update the game more consistently, of course I do! But I also understand that he is one man and doesn't have an entire development team around him. I play with the hope that a lot of the problem the fanbase has with the game will be fixed. I'm reserving total judgement for when the new client is released and we see some new updates and addition to the game. The game needs a lot of work and all we can do is be patient while we see what Daenos does. But right now, you either play the game, or you don't; it's that simple.

As far as the bots and casher stuff is concerned, I think Daenos needs to get on that ASAP. Now that I have a better understanding of the game I can see how much that shit impacts it. I also think the team could doing a better job of communicationg how feedback is received. IT would be nice to to know if they are taking some of these suggestions into consideration as opposed to not responding at all and leaving us guessing. I like how they responded to our questions in the transition from POB to OB thread. But as I said, I think we'll have a better understanding of where this game is headed when the new client comes out.

• I love Xenoverse, but I actually prefer an open world game like this to XV, which stole pretty much all its ideas from this game.

Stole? How did it "steal" anything? its the same franchise? That's like saying Xenoverse "stole" dragonball characters from other games because Goku was in it. You see how silly that is?

Now I agree, the game has gotten boring for me as well and I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I'm always going to make time for it because it gives me an open world DB experience that no other game has right now.

That's literally the conclusion I made. That the only reason this game is played is because there are literally no alternatives.

• Stole? How did it "steal" anything? its the same franchise? That's like saying Xenoverse "stole" dragonball characters from other games because Goku was in it. You see how silly that is?

Steal was the wrong word to use but you get what I was sying. My point was that they used a lot of good content from this game, watered it down, and added to a game with a totally different style.

The funny thing is that this is an 8 year old game is in open beta with one guy developing it, yet people still complain about how bad it is. All I ask from the staff is to acknowledge user feedback and let us know if it's something they can and are thinking about implementing. But other than that, I'm just happy I get to play this game again and look forward to improvements.

I will say this though, when XV3 eventually comes out and the developers decided to embrace its MMO roots and move more into an open world style, this game would be in serious trouble.

• Steal was the wrong word to use but you get what I was sying. My point was that they used a lot of good content from this game, watered it down, and added to a game with a totally different style.

So I can say that Dragon Ball Raging blast 2 "stole" team attacks from other dragon ball games and "watered them down". Fact of the matter is that this isn't "stealing" or "watering it down". They wanted to implement a feature into their game, a mechanic that was introduced from another entry into the long running anthology of dragon ball games, in an attempt to offer a more fulfilling experience. Fact of the matter is that it worked! No one's ever heard of this niche experience, and when gamers look back in history, 99% of them will remember the success of xenoverse instead of this broken mmo. And that's because of the difference in marketing.

Furthermore, you can't fault a game for lacking a feature it wasn't trying to offer. You can't fault a 2D fighter game for lacking an open world, any more than you can fault an open world game for lacking 2D fights as a feature- Xenoverse wasn't trying to offer that type of experience, so what sense does it make to say it "watered" down anything? The game was good at what it offered, and was successful because of it.

The funny thing is that this is an 8 year old game is in open beta with one guy developing it, yet people still complain about how bad it is.

What do you expect when you have only a single developer? It sounds as though you're trying to imply some flaw in people's reasoning. Its not our fault that the experience being presented to us is abysmal, who's to blame but the development team themselves? Is there something wrong about that? Does argument suddenly become "invalid" just because the size of the crew is small? No! Of course not! If anything, its one of the main problems with this game, the poorly run development staff. It only compounds, not justifies, these issues! LOL

All I ask from the staff is to acknowledge user feedback

The fact that you should have to ask that is an open admission that they don't already, yet another flaw in the community.

• So I can say that Dragon Ball Raging blast 2 "stole" team attacks from other dragon ball games and "watered them down". Fact of the matter is that this isn't "stealing" or "watering it down". They wanted to implement a feature into their game, a mechanic that was introduced from another entry into the long running anthology of dragon ball games, in an attempt to offer a more fulfilling experience. Fact of the matter is that it worked! No one's ever heard of this niche experience, and when gamers look back in history, 99% of them will remember the success of xenoverse instead of this broken mmo. And that's because of the difference in marketing.

They completely watered down the lore and story in Xenoverse. They used the time patrol idea and came up with a inferior story. I'm not saying that it was wrong to use the content, I'm just saying that it wasn't used better. But let's get off the whole XV thing because I actually really like the game and am not trying to bash it. I just want a god open world DB game.

As to my other point, I'm not saying it's wrong to critique and asking if this game is still worth playing is a valid question, but at the same time my exceptions aren't that high for an 8 year old game with a single developer. I don't know, maybe my expectations should be higher, but I've been playing DB games just off the strength of the name for years, so my expectations have always been low.

• Mind that when I mentioned Xenoverse earlier I mean that the game doesn't provide what the fanbase is actually looking for, they did try to recreate the mmorpg feeling this game provided, this game still did a much better job.

Development companies can actually copy each other's "approach" to the game, Xenoverse was made by Dimps, while DBO was developed by NTL. The fact that they both worked for the same franchise doesn't mean they couldn't try to copy each other's mechanics.

Got to love how defensive xenoverse fans get when this is brought up, lol.

• Can we not blame the entire community? There are some flaws yes, but it isn't caused by everyone as a whole.

Oops.... meant to say development community. my bad.

I think it's Daquan fault

I agree completely :D

They completely watered down the lore and story in Xenoverse.

What lore and story? Xenoverse doesn't have a lore. Its just some non-canon mesh of stuff. Calling it lore doesn't even make sense considering its just a fanfiction of the players creation. Nobody plays Xenoverse for the lore, they play it to mess around with their own characters.

I'm not saying that it was wrong to use the content, I'm just saying that it wasn't used better.

That wasn't their goal. The goal was to have a fun gaming experience, the literal gameplay was the core selling point. You can't fault a game for not doing something well that it was never trying to do at all. An analogy would be like saying Dragon Ball as a whole sucks, because there aren't enough puns or something. If you watch dragon ball for the sake of puns, you're gonna be dis-a-pun-ted. (If I'm banned for that its worth it)

Mind that when I mentioned Xenoverse earlier I mean that the game doesn't provide what the fanbase is actually looking for

What do you mean? It sold well. I mean... I'm pretty sure most of us here have played xenoverse lol, so saying its "not what the fans wanted".... kinda a mute point.

Got to love how defensive xenoverse fans get when this is brought up, lol.

Whoever called me a fan? I hate xenoverse now lol. I only brought it up as an example of how a Dragon ball game will outlast this one in terms of... well... everything. The fact that I can compare DBO, a game I want to be good, to Xenoverse, a boring game after you've beaten it, and still find that Xenoverse did more right, that's just disappointing. I'm using Xenoverse in my arguments precisely because I want to play devil's advocate.

• What lore and story? Xenoverse doesn't have a lore. Its just some non-canon mesh of stuff. Calling it lore doesn't even make sense considering its just a fanfiction of the players creation. Nobody plays Xenoverse for the lore, they play it to mess around with their own characters.

That wasn't their goal.

Your custom created character interacting with the world, I guess can counts as "fanfiction"? Lore's got a crap load of different definitions, but I'mma stick to this one "traditional knowledge and stories about a subject". Dualist's was trying to say that Xenoverse took and watered down DBO's lore when they tried implementing it into the game, not that they had their own lore. Xenoverse does have lore as it's story is based off of DBO's lore, it's just that they never bothered to explain it and they did a sloppy job bringing it over to Xenoverse. You can claim that it wasn't their intention to make Xenoverse like DBO, but that's not what I'm saying. It's a fact that they took components from DBO's story and turned it into whatever Xenoverse has become, my point is that they didn't do it very well. Bandai Namco destroyed any canon value DBO had, thus leading to the production of Xenoverse.

• Why is this even a thing? Is it worth playing or not? dafuq, people play shit they like, some from nostalgia, some cuz they are good at it, some cuz they cant play other games. Fighting over why or why not to play the game is dumb.

I bricked my armor many times, went broke asf, got scammed, crashes in ccbd and dungeons and many more, my dudes i can't count how many bad things happened to me since i first started in open beta.

Yes its buggs, yes its glitch but we all kept playing it right? It ain't that bad then.

Edit i bricked 30kk worth of stones in a week + cashing is not available in my country so yea good job to me

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!