PvP Balancing

• We need to find a way to balance classes in PvP.

Shadow Knights have a bunch of damn defense and can give off high damage, WITH the exception of paralyzing AND fearing you.

Fighters can literally instantly stun for a whole 10 seconds while giving off critical hits, WITH the exception of dodging and kd.

Even Ultimates are freaking OP at high lvl being as they can instantly candy stun and use that stupid op spin. Not to mention they are resistant as hell with their buffs.

Classes like Turtle and Crane, and even some Majin spiritual classes are totally inferior to the martial arts class being as they have to rely on slowdown (Turtles/Cranes) or spamming damn stuns and kd just so they can get them to half hp, and be stunned and one shotted.

While some classes like swordsmen do take skill, they still have the options of instantly stunning the second you enter plat and instantly finishing you with one blow.

The minute the classes enter plat, its stun and bold strike, or stun and needle, or stun and slash. PvP is a freaking joke. Spiritualist is at a total disadvantage compared to martial artists in PvP. And fighters/swordsmen are totally inferior to shadow knights unless high geared.

Now I understand that players are supposed to feel op and basically be unstoppable, like tanks and having +15 gear. But those roles should only play in PvE. PvP is not enjoyable unless you're a sk or a high geared in general.

My suggestion here, is to lower the cooldown on stuns in platform or PvP itself. Nerf the damage entirely and make fights last longer. Make PvP require skill and timing for ALL classes. In my opinion, I would feel a lot more OP if I can stand in platform while dozens attack me and still be able to survive. But dying off one hit? Really?

Most shadow knights nowadays aren't even pros. They can easily rely on their health and defense, along with bold striking and the fear skill. This is entirely unfair to some classes, literally standing no chance from the start (goes for fighters/swordsmen too. Unless you're really high geared with upgrades). PvP right now is a total joke, and for the most part PvP is endgame. Besides grinding gear and stones, what else do players do? PvP.

Again, in my opinion, Platform should rely on skill. Not gear. It should rely on timing. Not relying on upgraded gear and one bold strike or one slash/needle. Sure you can argue that some classes are better in PvE rather than others, so they're more op in PvP. But in my opinion, that's honestly stupid. Endgame is PvP and the only classes that are good in PvP shouldn't only be martial artists. I can't stress it enough. It's bad enough we have toxic spanish players Jajaja-ing after one skill and talking trash. If anything PvP is the reason why DBO died or is dying. Total imbalance.

If anyone else have suggestions about this, please post below. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but trying to save the game. I respect all classes but you have to admit, some are at a total advantage and disadvantage over others. Reducing damage and having skill be more involved is the best way to combat that.

Sorry for bad english, oof. :rolleyes:

• I don't think anyones going to read all of that. Could you give a quick summary.....

• Why would anyone even give af about Korin Platform?

If you enter there, expect that someone will kill you, what ever class you are.

Some classes as tankers can last longer (unless they get one shot), while others are squishy as hell.

All of that will change soon cap 70 hits, it will be one shot left and right, not even high anti critic won't save you, unless you have at least +10 armor as tanker class.

I said long time ago that dmg of all classes needs to be nerfed to the ground soo this MMO would be as most of "new MMO's", where one shot with 1 press on button is "healthy".

Still most of people will fight against this, because they like the feeling I guess.

My suggestion for you is that you shouldn't care much and practice dash in - dash out if you are too squishy.

You can not sleep in Korrin Platform as tankers, that is why you mostly see fat ultimate and tanker nameks in platform and maybe even fighter, because they can endure some attacks.

Cheers.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• its a good suggestion, staff will ignore it.

i just gave up to make serious suggestions

but youre right pvp is a freaking joke all stuns / paralyze / confusion and whatever have retarded durations ,

if you had a godmode ( you cant drop under 1 LP) karma majins could stunlock you for 1 year if they like to.

sk´s do too much dmg for a tank class , reflect is op, super high speed needles can oneshot even with shit weapons

critical damage in general is too much on every class.

yeah this game is just broken no hope with this devolper do cc runs or whatever pvp is garbage and that wont change.

• It's not just platform in korin. It's PvP itself. Try dueling a fighter as a spirtualist. Get instant stunned and 1 shotted. Try dueling an sk. Get instant paralyzed and bold striked, with sprinkles of fear ontop.

Who wants to be squishy based on the class you are in PvP? That is stupid. It should only apply to PvE, PvP is only enjoyable for upgraded sks/martial artists.

The point is to make every class have a chance. Not willingly say " ok, I might die due to the imbalance of the classes in PvP, so let me think twice of entering this platform even though its endgame. " lmfao

edit: I just read the rest of your post, lol only read the first half. Didn't know you suggested the same.

But for real, it should be adjusted...atleast just reduce the damage of all classes. That will change many things itself in PvP. Because right now...oh my god.

• its not only sk and martial artist almost every crit build char have too much dmg potential, op gear turtles can crit like 15k kame´s too.

and btw karma majin is the most op class ingame cause they have endless stun chains and its a karma majin who win all the budokai´s and not sk

• There's something called accessories. Use them and the para/fear/bleed won't last. Also you probably use craft armor instead of Eng Def armor or PDEF armor

• When It comes to pvp balancing its a top-sey tervey mess.

Usually a suggestion to fix one attack just screws up a class against another. The most recent that comes to mind is the change to shadows knights life steal to energy attack. Although this helped humans be able to survive Sk's life steal it basically neutered them against dendes and ultimate majins. since they can heal damage faster than what they are losing it.

or the Back crits added to all skills that list 1.5x crit. this idea worked well for swordsmen because they severely needed it but It also increased karma back crit skills which ultimately makes them too powerful. karmas don't even need to chain stuns as they can 1hit ko from behind humans.

Even good ideas made by the public or balance team get shot down because some folks want the game to be as close to taiwan as possible.

sadly this way of thinking will lead to the same disaster as the last game.

Im happy the team is willing to try new things out once in a while but after a serious of test they seem to rarely change or alter any minor mistakes found with the a change. Hopefully this will change in the future.

anyways guys keep up the discussion and dbog team keep up the good work I know u can do it

regards box-head (boxbox)

• Even good ideas made by the public or balance team get shot down because some folks want the game to be as close to taiwan as possible.

and thats the problem why would they chase the TW balance, TW was in progress and the game was never finished.its obious it wasnt perfect.

the game shut down for some reason...

srsly who care for nostalgia of a bad balanced unfinished game, now you have the chance to make the game much better as in TW!

and in 10 years people will have nostalgia for this version of DBO ;)

• and thats the problem why would they chase the TW balance, TW was in progress and the game was never finished.its obious it wasnt perfect.

the game shut down for some reason...

srsly who care for nostalgia of a bad balanced unfinished game, now you have the chance to make the game much better as in TW!

and in 10 years people will have nostalgia for this version of DBO ;)

your 100% correct shinjii.

also please note im not apart of dbog staff. those are the guys and girls working hard behind the scenes trying to fix this mess. :)

• There's no point balancing the PvP platform. If people want you dead, they'll storm you together if they got to. In the middle of a fight with someone else, you may have a random Turtle blasting you just to dash out of the ring so they can't be punished. Some people will have access to every class' buffs and a healer on the side while others have only their own power.

Korin's PvP plat is just for fun. It isn't designed to be fair, or to be an indication of the game's balance. If you want to fight for real and see the game's balance for yourself, the only valid ways to do that are Ranked or Budokais, especially Budokais. In Budokais people won't withhold their senzus, autopots and everything they got to win. Only tryhards waste valuable stuff like that in Ranked sparring matches.

Usually a suggestion to fix one attack just screws up a class against another. The most recent that comes to mind is the change to shadows knights life steal to energy attack. Although this helped humans be able to survive Sk's life steal it basically neutered them against dendes and ultimate majins. since they can heal damage faster than what they are losing it.

4 SKs won Budokai this month alone, all of them different people. The rest were 2 Karmas(Flundaa x2) and an outlieing DW. If SKs are still the leading solo PvP class by such a landslide, can they really complain they're "neutered"? Especially if none of these wins are from actual Dendes or Ultimates? On both a casual level where humans don't wear energy armor and for PvE, that fix even acted as another buff for them.

They only complained because of the initial shock of getting nerfed, not out of logic or desire for balance. Anyone playing any class will react negatively to getting nerfed, so instead of nerfing OP classes to the ground too much we'll just have to buff the rest.

Or the Back crits added to all skills that list 1.5x crit. this idea worked well for swordsmen because they severely needed it but It also increased karma back crit skills which ultimately makes them too powerful. karmas don't even need to chain stuns as they can 1hit ko from behind humans.

That's all the more reason to have specifically buffed the damage on a Swordsman's skills, rather than mess with global variables like "all back crits"

Even good ideas made by the public or balance team get shot down because some folks want the game to be as close to taiwan as possible.

Well, something needs to be done. Because currently almost every difference from TW has made the balance worse. Sure, this fake lvl60 cap and some unfixed bugs are at fault too, but some classes got more undeserved nerfs than others, all 'cause Daneos keeps messing with the framework. We either make this like TW unchanged, or we go all the way and make a new balance that'll work better for all classes, even those who weren't good in retail.

But we HAVE to stop trying to redefine what every global stat does. That's the biggest reason we haven't gotten balance to this day.

• EchoSon problem with nerf you are talking about, it is because it reduce SK nerf by a lot.

Not even 1 SK and DW user would complain if nerf happens on the way that doesn't fk up SK vs any other class and taking away chance of beating classes they could beat with right gear, hard work and little luck.

Anyway,

That is, life steal needs to based on physical defense and physical attack of axe as it use to be before.

Still with little change, if physical defense is lower than 1.5k - 2k, life steal dmg gets buffed, if it is 2k or more it gets fixed.

This way, everyone who face SK would need to at least use 1 armor part to cover pdef.

This would bring back power to SK vs ultimates, dendes and pokos, sure only dende class is class that SK really can not kill unless you have extreme luck and you deal good enough dmg in force rush towards dende or win by having more HP but this is natural.

Healer should be extreme hard to take and kill by hands of tankers soo kill or trick them to win, is epic.

Another thing that really sux is DW skill change.

Change back demon wave to energy attack, bring back burn and buff main power.

Change range of damn taunt and let it give 2 RP balls on MAX level and change duration and CD to 20-30 sec.

Give energy siege at MAX level 15% energy defense reduction.

Another thing for all of this is to change mystic attack debuff to paral soo people with bad ping won't complain that DW wins easy fights with arm pull, even tho they would be safe if they would keep distance but well.

About Karma - Cast time on skill lock would fix karma.

About turtle - buff dmg of kames, turtle is glass cannon, give its power back.

Change focus hit rate to match dex dodge rate, this way fighters and dex SM would dodge hit rate skills better.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• totally agree, pvp its for karma and sk

https://ibb.co/fA1mOK

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!