Solo PvP/5v5/PvE balance

• Solo PvP balance is complicated as all hell and now coming back from a 2 month break i’ve come to the conclusion it needs a end goal. Which i’m kinda wondering what is the end Solo PvP balance goal right now.

Is it for all classes to be equal in Solo PvP? This is flat out stupidity in my opinion. Why should a Dende be just as good as lets say, a turtle? A Dende in Solo PvP, all he does is heal/cure himself, and spam attacks brain deadly. The class is much harder to play in Group settings because you have others to worry about healing/curing.

Meanwhile a Turtle in Solo PvP he has to use his brain and think “what’s the best possible combo I could use against this (insert class) to pull the win.” This takes much much more brain power which is why only recently has a Turtle won Solo Budokai. (CodeNemesis crashed everyone so he’s bad and doesn’t count not sure why he’s even in the budokai winners list)

Thoughts?

• I'm totally with you. I said it many times already dbo classes were designed for pvp/pve. Not for both. Some are good in pve some are good in pvp. Some are good in 1 vs 1 and some in 5 vs 5. Some are good in single dps some in aoe dps. Some are just support bad in everything. But sadly the team took the easy way and tried to make everything equal.

• I'm totally with you. I said it many times already dbo classes were designed for pvp/pve. Not for both. Some are good in pve some are good in pvp. Some are good in 1 vs 1 and some in 5 vs 5. Some are good in single dps some in aoe dps. Some are just support bad in everything. But sadly the team took the easy way and tried to make everything equal.

“Hit the nail right on the head” as they like to say. Do I wanna do Solo Budokai? Do I wanna do Party Budokai? Do I just want to do PvE? This is what you should ask yourself when you make a class.

• Just pick SK for all the above ^^

Yeah for the most part that’s true. What we as a community need to realize is not every class has the skill set to be able to do that though. So you are left with useless classes. This is why even after DW and Grand Chef got good buffs, SK and Ulti are still more commonly made because they just have certain skills that are much more needed.

Now people have suggested to just give DW/Grand Chef skills from SK/Ulti skill set but this is silly since you’re now left with two of the same classes with very minor differences.

• I agree with this statement too, The only thing i want to see is no class should be completely out classed to the point they have 0 way and 0 chance of winning no matter how bad or good they are there opponent is. I think a prime example of this is Crane vs Karma. This is far from the ending of our balancing so who knows what the futures holds in store.:thumbup:

Yeah I feel you on the Crane vs Karma match up, since Crane is a Solo PvP oriented class, but for example Dende vs Karma, why should Dende have a chance? Because like i've said before Dende is more of a PvP group setting/PvE class. If a Dende main wants to do Solo Budokai he needs to make an alt character that's built for that.

• you are delusional, karma should be nerf then it cannot pvp ever again, that is what supposed to be, it is best pve class no need make it pvp and pve. all say then sk win no, sk win because you are not better, there is turtle win and dark warrior and ultimate majin and grandchef and all classes but you are lazy.

i think karma hesitation should not work vs other player, then it is fixed.

• you are delusional, karma should be nerf then it cannot pvp ever again, that is what supposed to be, it is best pve class no need make it pvp and pve. all say then sk win no, sk win because you are not better, there is turtle win and dark warrior and ultimate majin and grandchef and all classes but you are lazy.

i think karma hesitation should not work vs other player, then it is fixed.

The only thing that makes Karmas as needed as a Dende in CCBD is literally 1 buff and that’s his auto attack speed one. The rest of his kit is built for PvP.

Auto attack speed as a whole just ruins PvE. Just waiting in the AH for Speed% gloves just to get started in PvE is just a poor game design.

• hesitation use in bosses too

My point is the Speed% buff is the only thing making them PvE Gods. Take that one buff away from them and they aren't needed in PvE at all meaning they are only PvE in 60/70 cap. So I wouldn't really call that a PvE class. Also I find it quite dumb just 1 simple buff make a class a requirement for PvE. The only thing in this game that has a solid balance is 5v5.

• I agree with this statement too, The only thing i want to see is no class should be completely out classed to the point they have 0 way and 0 chance of winning no matter how bad or good they are there opponent is. I think a prime example of this is Crane vs Karma. This is far from the ending of our balancing so who knows what the futures holds in store.:thumbup:

20 balance threads later you are here =O

maybe 20 more and daneos is ready to condescend and leave a comment too =O=O=O

Syren i feel sry we did not prepare a red carpet for you such a prominent guest here :O

• My point is the Speed% buff is the only thing making them PvE Gods. Take that one buff away from them and they aren't needed in PvE at all meaning they are only PvE in 60/70 cap. So I wouldn't really call that a PvE class. Also I find it quite dumb just 1 simple buff make a class a requirement for PvE. The only thing in this game that has a solid balance is 5v5.

Well you could also just make the buff unable to stack with Poko's buff.

• rng class dont need nerf, cannot win many times it is not karma, not perfect class.

hmm i can only see 2 karmas who won adult solo budokai. Horrid won 2 times solo and Flundaa 8x. and what about the other karmas in the game? why they never win too if its a "perfect class"? becouse its the brain of the player and a little bit luck which decide the victory.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!