Wipe or Not?

• to be honest if they want they can wipe the game again then the cashers will get all cash back and everyone will start from 0 again. i just try to think neutral. at the end the free players will be the real ones who will be disadvantaged from that.

its the same as with pob, bots/cheaters made +15 all over the place

• A server wipe doesn't fix anything, it only delays the problems at bay. Erasing the status-quo doesn't erase the foundations of the server which led to the current state of affairs- It only ignores those very same problems and allows for history to repeat itself. What we should focus on are Actual Solutions to these PROBLEMS Instead of just B-lining it towards the self-destruct button.

Anyone who advocates for a character wipe neglects to consider that most of us have school/work/lives. Not everyone can live in their basement and play DBOG all day.

• You see, it was stated that there won't be any wipes. It's not a solution in any game to just wipe everything out after promising no more wipes. Even if you picked a more friendly solution like wiping out just items and zeni, it would end up the same way. Complete wipe would cause a bigger player base drop than it has caused now. I just wish they had taken the probable future consequences into consideration before this dilemma.

For the record, f2p cash is time. This cap will eventually pass and with the right adjustments on upgrade and the upcoming gameguard system, level 60 gear could have their grades downgraded so that people would open a new page on level 70 cap or perhaps an even better solution will rise. In the meantime, there's nothing more to do other than slightly slow down bots before the big "astonishing" client comes.

• A wipe is not a solution. The main problems still exist and even more problems will occur. What we need first is a good "Cheat Protection". Something like Gameguard or a third party tool won't be enough because these things can be bypassed pretty easy. Moreover we need active gms who observe the game and do their jobs properly (Many gms know about banned people playing on other accs but don't do anything against it). Maybe with the help of some extra admin tools (Daneos create some usefull things) their job could get much easier. Also a proper logging (with statistics) of all the data on the server could help in alot of ways. You could find out cheaters much faster, you could also see how many stones was dropped in the last 1h and staff like that.

Furthermore some things needs to be changed like droprate of stones, bring back broken and ...

I know many players will hate it but we see what happens if you make this game to easy. After a few months everyone will have everything.

But the biggest problem are the items. Lv 60 +15 gear is also pretty op with lv 70. Some players have a crazy amount of zeni.

P.S. back in 2014/2015 I told the dbog team that we would end up exactly in this situation but meh no one cares.

• Why can't GM's be more active in the community in ways that don't include supervision? Why not host giveaaway events? Incentivize gameplay for non-cashers, and allow for people who don't get to play as often to at least have a chance to participate in end game content. Most complain how modern MMORPGS make the leveling grind too easy, but the reason that is has to do with how modern games are designed: Nowadays games offer so much breadth and depth of content that the game isn't about the grind like it was in the old days- The grind is more of a formality, most game devs want their players to experience the end game content.

DBOG comes from an age where content was limited, so the grind was overinflated to compensate for a lack of any real substance. The end game needs to be made more accessible. PVP should be emphasized as the end-game, and PVE challenges should be implemented later on. Trying to sell a game that demands grinding with little/no payoff is silly in this modern era of MMO's. The grind isn't important, the end game is. What good is a game where only 1% of players and 100% of cashers get the endgame? A dead one.

• I did not play the pob cuz it was full of bug, clone items glitch, etc. i understand that we are no longer open beta or are we? many people returned to play from TW bcuz they were waiting for the POB to end bcuz there would not be wipe...
    anyway the weeping children are begging for wipe, some gm or someone from the staff has said something about the wipe? what stupid situation :c

• kick all who share vpns bring that rule back make dbog great again!

majority of hackers share vpns so bring it back and watch them hackers disappear!

I couldn't agree more.

just stupid. if they wipe the server to remove the +15 bugs, who say they can´t do it next time?

every game with a chinese community have PRO HACKERS and a fcking noob like daneos will NEVER STOP THEM !

I doubt that only chinese are hackers, there are hackers everywhere lol

Yep I agree with this.

I was saying that at start of DBOG and when I got in DBOG Team.

Problem is, every game guard system that works needs to be paid.

Another thing is, what I see as issue here is multi client.

Sure, most of us love to have 2-3 clients open and to buff yourself, power level but think about it for second.

If this option is removed, then those bot users would need to use more than 1 PC to bot and play game on main account.

PVE Content would improve since people would focus more on team play than let me solo everything with 5 clients .....

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I make it fast...no wipe means some casuals talking about skill/gameplay. And wipe means...oh damn, I will come back! :)

You see now! This game is not dead!

The biggest fail: what you ALL do...you defend the bots! Cause you still play!

Where are you now? Vegeta? Piccolo?

THIS IS Dragonball...why you love the story? Damn, basics my friends...basics!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!