Wipe or Not?

• I love how everyone is currently blaming the BOTs for the situation the game's in right now.
    A wipe is not going to magically fix everything. All the BOTs did was speed up the natural process of any grind-heavy game. It took the game 6 months to reach this state instead of like 9 or 12.
    As long as players can generate currency and not have to waste it, there will always be a surplus of currency, especially if there isn't much to do. If there's a large amount of currency going around then prices go up. This would've happened with or without BOTs. It's the natural way grind-heavy games go after a while.
    Active players are farming -> generate currency -> no real reason to waste currency -> surplus of currency.
    A wipe would not prevent this, it would just prolong the inevitable. Wipe everything, give it like 6 months again and we'd be in the same spot we're in now. What then? Break promise again and wipe? Why are you people always just jumping to the wipe option? Show me other MMOs that are wiping everything every few months. That's a borderline braindead solution and will do more damage than good.

If you have problems with aquiring currency: Adapt. Stop sitting around and wait for everyone to do your grind for you. Gather items and sell them for current prices. It's not that hard.
    Also currency-seller websites will not be defeated by this wipe. They'd be back as soon as there's a surplus of currency in the game.

Also, this "too many people with +12-15 EQ" argument is just meh. What did you expect would happen if you increase Upgrade Stone drop rates, nerf the "Broken" card and give players nothing to do for months on end? Exactly this, a new EQ-Level standard. That change put everyone on equal terms, which is good.

All the BOTs did was farm Upgrade Stones so the players behind the BOTs would have more tries at upgrading. Legitimate stones were used to do legitimate upgrades. How these stones were aquired may be shady, but at the end of the day, anyone could've gotten that kind of gear if they farmed long enough.

Even after a wipe, we would still be able to make +12 to +15 EQ, because we'd still be able to get White Stones and protect EQ during upgrades. A wipe wouldn't fix anything, because, and hear me out, BOTs aren't the root nor the cause of this "problem".

A new client would also not make much of a difference. What's encrypted by man can be decrypted by man. It's the same with the Pokémon games for example. The game drops and a few hours later everything is pried open and people write and release their Save/Pokémon Editors. Pokémon Sun/Moon was fully pried open and hacked WEEKS before its release.

So what would happen here? New client gets released and people that desperately want BOTs are gonna pry that client open and start writing their new BOTs that are compatible with the new client.

It's a battle ONE MAN alone cannot win. Even multi-million-$ companies have problems fighting BOTs/Hacks. So with all due respect: Stop living in this Fantasy World where a wipe + new client is going to save this game. It's not going to.

There's nothing that will save this game from its inevitable death. DBO is a 7+ year old niche & grind-heavy MMO that doesn't want to adapt to the current times. Unless it actually does adapt there is no hope for survival in this market.

Atrocious grinds for minimal returns, vertical difficulty, useless classes, haphazard nerfs/buffs, a gorillion RNG Walls to overcome and a community with full of players that rather play with themselves via 69 accounts than with other actual human players. That's why people are not staying. A Nostalgia Boner can only get you so far. At a certain point the glaring flaws just outweigh the little actual fun you get ouf of this game. You have to put in more work if you want to keep an active and happy playerbase, which Daneos & Co. just aren't doing.

Other KMMOs that learned to adapt, like Elsword for example, are still here and kickin' after 10 long years.

All this wipe is going to do is make a huge chunk of the actual In-Game Playerbase, that probably doesn't even know this is being discussed here, quit. The returning players would just be same old whiners you see on here that will immediately quit again as soon as someone with CP-aquired items crosses their path.
    Just do me, and every other In-Game-Player, a favor DBOG-Team and announce it now if you're actually going to wipe. Don't just put your head in the sand and act like you didn't see or hear anything for months, just to announce the wipe like a week before it happens. Actually warn In-Game-Players NOW, so they don't waste their f-ing time even more than they apparently already did.

• If they do wipe, it would be with the new client (and 70 cap i would assume) with the new client having anti bot measures including in game report system so you can report the botters in game and the staff can watch them and see if they're botting.

The economy is f*cked right now and will get worse and worse as time goes on and even if they do add anti bot without wiping, the zeni that people bought will still be there with the damage already done.

Obviously if they announce there will be a wipe now, no one would play the game anymore until the wipe happens which is why i think if they were to wipe the server, they would announce maybe a week before the new client

• im getting mad for real wipe without changes wont solve shlt, it has been said many times, first we need changes then wipe, making changes without wipe wont solve shlt coz economy is lost game will never get new players, same with wipe and no changes, and these morons focus and complain about fakin wipe, what the fak autism is strong here, who care what daneos said he is not fakin Nostradamus.

• People actually think Daneos has the time to make anti-cheat system when he is working on this game by himself, it's already taking 4-6 months for this "big update" to happen and we are not getting the weekly wagu machine change or buff/nerfs anymore.

Another thing is that the wipe won't change the fact that there is 0 content at the moment until lvl 70.

• just one thing wipe everything without deleting character levels i believe this woulnt hurt nor bore people to the point of giving this game up.

• a wipe will gonna mean that 90% of F2P player's will gonna stop playing what do you guys think ? we farm to bee as good as possible then someone comes with ;" yeah i think we should wipe everything here but daneos need to fix everything first " how can you guys bee sure that it will gonna bee fixed ? i don't know why bots are hard to deal with if you think someone is a bot call a gm or someone from staff that is actif let him check then ban him easy af when i say ban i mean IP ban i don't care if chiness use VPN and both regular and boters may have the same IP if you can cash shop then you can pay you'r self a personal VPN ( it's very selfish but this is the only way cuz daneos doesn't want to add a bot check each hour )

• Everyone asked for Bot Check, even I suggested to be back, but Daneos thinks that isn't needed since it isn't added.

Mairiyo you made point there and I wonder what suggestions you have that should be made soo that this old shit DBO would adapt as Elsword and last longer? Please do suggest.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Since posts are being deleted for no reason I dont see why can't we re-write it again.

WIPE=NO PLAYERS LEFT TO PLAY.

And if mods think this is rude they can go do you know what. Everyone are sick already from this brain fkng and not doing anything to fix the game and get rid of buggera and cheaters so we can be rude as much as we want.

• I believe frusterations are boiling over on this thread. the community is semi devided on a wipe for the server.

;(

for those who dont want a wipe try suggesting alternatives to help the fix the situation convince the yeswipers.

Althought I want a wipe ill start help the nowipes since there arses are getting a tad dirty not suggesting solutions to the current problem.<X

my suggestions well its extreme for those who cant handle it please leave the room im building a wall!

1)Ban shared vpns, botters and hackers share vpns if you can cash in this game you can afford to buy your own personal vpn bish!

2)Bot control:ban ips from server went caught this lazy ass ban account only doesnt do jack shit! bans must be forever!

3)lower the current zeni of all accounts by 75% (this will hurt the entire game in the short term and will only temporary reset prices of gears ;f2p players probably want me dead for suggesting such a thing) but will force the prices to drop since no one would have the currency to keep the insane prices up.

4)reduction of all upgraded gears ;(;(;( lower all upgraded gears that have +12 or higher by 3 to help the f2p folks complaining about zhackers

5) ;(;(;( bind all stones dropped from mobs rip my farming account, rip free to play. (nah bad idea)

6) Add more game moderators, moderators like Kuromi and Kakarot and Syren are freaking ready to make the jump! let more help out the game.

meh I kinda trolled those ideas Im only sincere about ideas 1,2,and 6 jaja :)8o8o8o8o

• Everyone asked for Bot Check, even I suggested to be back, but Daneos thinks that isn't needed since it isn't added.

Mairiyo you made point there and I wonder what suggestions you have that should be made soo that this old shit DBO would adapt as Elsword and last longer? Please do suggest.

I can give some suggestions too since elsword is my main game right now. Just I don’t feel bothered to because nothing has been looked over yet in these threads.

• 1)Ban shared vpns, botters and hackers share vpns if you can cash in this game you can afford to buy your own personal vpn bish!

2)Bot control:ban ips from server went caught this lazy ass ban account only doesnt do jack shit! bans must be forever!

is funny that even players that are "perma banned" still playing this game, this is shame because if they can't deal with few morons that refound money from paypal and still playing this game, then how they will deal with chinese bots/hackers, im not sure why they dont ban PC ID.

• is funny that even players that are "perma banned" still playing this game, this is shame because if they can't deal with few morons that refound money from paypal and still playing this game, then how they will deal with chinese bots/hackers, im not sure why they dont ban PC ID.

+1

People who was using 3rd party tools and also speedhackers just got banned for a few days and only that acc that used the tool.

Sadly there is nothing like a pc id you could ban. Only IP address but at least they could ban all accs of those guys.

• +1

People who was using 3rd party tools and also speedhackers just got banned for a few days and only that acc that used the tool.

Sadly there is nothing like a pc id you could ban. Only IP address but at least they could ban all accs of those guys.

is funny that even players that are "perma banned" still playing this game, this is shame because if they can't deal with few morons that refound money from paypal and still playing this game, then how they will deal with chinese bots/hackers, im not sure why they dont ban PC ID.

Is there way to ban NET Modem and IP?

Sure they can change, edit IP's with tons of programs but what about this since I was GM in few games that had this feature.

Plus they had feature that send information about your PC + IP + Location to server host and log and if you get client banned, that client can not run on that PC ever again.

Still, there are enough smart hackers to bypass this in some time, but it is long process.

I can give some suggestions too since elsword is my main game right now. Just I don’t feel bothered to because nothing has been looked over yet in these threads.

Well I was pushing a lot of changes from CC and DW changes that got added.

Then Kiri majins and honey bee events got added and lot of other changes.

Everything you suggest and it is good and accepted by community will be added in game, only problem is, when.

Soo if you have any suggestions to change game for better, feel free to do so.

No one wants dead game, not even Daneos.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!