Wipe or Not?

• Is there way to ban NET Modem and IP?

Sure they can change, edit IP's with tons of programs but what about this since I was GM in few games that had this feature.

Plus they had feature that send information about your PC + IP + Location to server host and log and if you get client banned, that client can not run on that PC ever again.

The problem is you don't really get informations about the client side. Only ip and if you programm you game client so that you could get pc name but that's it. Also in the case you get a "PC ID" they could just change it into something random before it gets send to the server so it's "impossible" to ban someone so that he can't play that game again. The best thing you could do is ban all his chars so he will lose the motivation to play.

• Or you can do it the opposite way.

If you offer a significant enough reward for players who find a way to break the game (zeni/upgrade/duplicate/crash/cash/etc) they may be happy reporting the bugs they are abusing right now (this is a very popular method "ethic hacking").

Instead of banning every player who abuse bugs you can reward them for sharing the bug so it can be fixed. Encourage those players to continue trying to break the game and the game will be safer sooner.

Rewards can be anything but it need to be worth it.

If the game is safe you dont need to worry about figuiring out the best way to ban ppl, you wont ban anyone if they cant break the game).

• Sadly there is nothing like a pc id you could ban. Only IP address but at least they could ban all accs of those guys.

"Blizzard has been known to take drastic steps to hardware and IP ban serious offenders who violate the Code-of-Conduct in our game.

In the past, back when aimbot cheating was a plague in Overwatch’s early days, players who got hit, found all of their accounts and any attempts to buy a new account get instantly banned from the same IP or hardware ID"

Source: https://np.reddit.com/r/Overwa…t_stop_streaming/dtumnhf/

• No one will share that with staff team even if reward for that is big af.

They know that if they hold it for themselves, they will gain from it in long run than one reward once.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Like a parrot...since many month, I will say it again!

First step is, no more multi accounts! Yes, even for the "normal" players"!

One player with only one email account! With only one DBOG account! This is still the 1. step...

And sorry, if you wannabe casuals cant play/lvl your chars anymore with a majin buff (account ) in the background! With some honor you should see what your "gameplay-love"do to this private game/server.

Shame on you!

• nah.

• No one will share that with staff team even if reward for that is big af.

They know that if they hold it for themselves, they will gain from it in long run than one reward once.

If a player knows about a bug but for some reason he cant abuse it (the bug requires X item or Y class whatever the reason) at least you are giving an incentive to report it. Its a win-win scenario, the player obtain a reward for a bug he cant abuse and daneos fixes the bug so players who actually can abuse it wont have the chance.

Its not a magical solution but its something. If the reward doesnt exist maybe this player waits until something changes so he can cheat.

• Just make your peace with the fact that the game is bound to die. It's old, it's irrelevant in 2018. Most of us couldn't wait for Daneos to finish it, because of nostalgia, but now that we played it again,i t's clear to see

Wipe could prolong the inevitable, but the game is doomed

There's nothing that Daneos could do to change it, unless he wants to create DBO 2.0

• Just make your peace with the fact that the game is bound to die. It's old, it's irrelevant in 2018. Most of us couldn't wait for Daneos to finish it, because of nostalgia, but now that we played it again,i t's clear to see

Wipe could prolong the inevitable, but the game is doomed

There's nothing that Daneos could do to change it, unless he wants to create DBO 2.0

There is ways to prolong doom.

- Make each race/class that can enjoy PVP and PVE content and gear up

- Make game fair to everyone ( Free players won't enjoy game if they need to grind all day while others "lucky" ones goes scramble, budo and shits)

- Allow better changes of getting +12, and make impossible getting above +12, soo less +15 shits

- Bring all old DBO events and not like GM spawn boss for players and they gain nothing ( still good job for trying GM)

- Listen to community regarding most of stuffs, don't ignore it and listen only selected ones

- Add new events, there is events for each day ( there is even mine thread regarding that somewhere)

Only way to improve the game is to bring or give better PVE and PVP events when gearing is done.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• a world boss event can bee wayyyyyyyy more fun and cool without tons and tons of hours working on it , just make an event where you have to kill all the red map bosse's in oreder to spawn a boss that is hard to kill , obviously the rewards have to bee insane and worth it !

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!