Why people think TW was better than DBOG

• I never understood why people thought this way. But now with all this wipe discussion, I realize now why. In TW, you were happy to have full +6 armors and +8 weapons, why? Because there's still a ton of growth from there, and that's the whole point of a RPG. To watch your character grow. Here in DBOG on the other hand full +13 armors/+14 weapons with near max stats is standard for cash whales. Once you reach a certain point, there's not much growth from there and +13/+14 with near max stats is just that. Even white stones were extremely rare in retail DBO now everyone has them. In DBOG brown boxes are a standard, who doesn't have these nowadays? In TW for the most part, only cashers had them because they were cash shop only. Back in KR/TW DBO, brown boxes were sacred and thus, CCBD armors/weapons were also sacred. You think loads of players now have CCBD gear because players got smarter? Nope, it's because brown boxes are now very easy to get. Brown boxes in general should be removed from the game entirely they make the game too easy. Want proof? (This makes CCBD armor/weapons useless but there needs to be a more creative way to fix then slapping RNG brown boxes into this game)

I think you get the point now, gear needs to be able to break and brown boxes should be thrown out the window. now you may be thinking "Weren't you for having these things easier." Yes I was, but that was only so it'd be easier for low cashers like myself to catch up with the full +13/14 players. But what should have been done was not having so much +13/+14 in the game at all. What I mean by that is, a new player coming into this game shouldn't have to catch up to +13, he should have to catch up to +9 gear, yes I said +9, like the old days. I bet people have forgotten how much that yellow aura around your weapons felt like.

Cashalot You say bosses are too weak, I say, players are too strong now. Meaning this also naturally balances out PvE, Find an Ulti who can tank bosses with full +6 armors and i'll kiss your ass on broadway. Doesn't stop there, with +8 weapons being the standard I dont see a Ulti ever replacing a Turtle because even with low-end gear, Turtles can till dish out AoE dmg with derpy gear because that's what they were built for. Now do you see why 100% of the community shouldn't have godly gear?

Doesn't even stop there, dogis. ( BlazingBarrager you might rage at this) But I also feel like in every mmorpg, it needs rare items that aren't gear and this was what that was for DBO. Remember when people eyes would pop out after seeing their friend obtain lets say, a Trunks dogi? Or in KR when only a couple of people had Goku dogi. It was a cool thing to get and obtain because it was RARE. Literally, the only dogi that's uncommon is the cow boy dogi and even then it's not that expensive or rare. Now in TW I do believe that dogi was incredibly overpriced but really? Only one item in this game that's uncommon? The thing that cosmetic players have to understand is not only do you not even needs these things but they're much more incredible to have in your hands when they are rare.

I say bring back break option, bring back rare dogis, make white stones rare, remove easy mode brown boxes, and also give this game a clean wipe along with amazing updates.

• I don't like the idea of breaking armour nor do I like the idea of everyone having +12 or higher gear making all content super easy. Which is why I think upgrading should be non RNG dependent but have a high amount of advanced stones needed for each upgrade.

+1-6 - 5 advanced stones each upgrade

+6-9 - 10 advanced stones each upgrade

+9-10 - 25 advanced stones

+10-11 - 50 advanced stones

+11-12 - 75 advanced stones

+12-13 - 100 advanced stones

+13-14 - 150 advanced stones

+14-15 - 200 advanced stones

Obviously the number of stones can be changed but making high upgrades require no RNG but a massive amount of stones needed would make that type of upgrade level Incredibly hard to achieve for both cashers and non cashers. For cashers this would cost a f*ck ton of money for each piece of armour.

To counter normal stones being rendered useless, make them tradable for advanced stones from an NPC

Something like 50 normals = 1 advanced stone

I agree with the whole point of an RPG is to see your character grow, which is why I think removing the RNG from seeing your character grow would be a good idea. Your progress would be determined on how much time and effort you put into your character and not straight dice rolling.

• Rename the thread: What a DBO Fanboys need to have fun in their basements for the rest of their lives:

You realize some of us have work and school, right? And we STILL have threads about "the good ol days" where the stupidly absurd grind was even shittier .

Stop highlighting poor game design, and pretend as though it were functional.

Stop Praising bad game design which demanded 100's of hours of grinding in a never-ending hell, and treat it as "fun gameplay", meanwhile exemplifying the fact that cash was basically required to have fun.

Stop pretending as though people have nothing better to do than play DBO in their basements all day.

In TW, you were happy to have full +6 armors and +8 weapons, why? Because there's still a ton of growth from there, and that's the whole point of a RPG.

There are other MMORPG's out there which actually DO reward constant growth, without having a broken end-game. For instance in Elder Scrolls Online, A player whose played for 24 hours can be on the same playing field as someone whose played for 2400 hours, because skill is emphasized more than sheer grinding. All necessary end-game armor/weapons can be obtained in a relatively short time frame, and yet do you ever wonder why its still one of the largest MMO's out there? Because the mere POSSESSION of end-game loot doesn't become synonymous with being done with the game.

The metagame is kept alive- All classes can play any role, and min/maxing can still be done in a fair and balanced way. You don't need to grind 100's of hours to get randomized loot, but instead can guarantee end-game gear that is 90% efficient to the best gear in the game.

Strategy and hardwork maximizing your pvp DPS is rewarded more than just buying stones and praying for +15. In Elder scrolls online, upgrading armor isn't the hassle, it's putting that armor to good use to fulfill a satisfying niche.

If your idea of a good game is literally grinding for stones all day, then GTFO because you're the reason DBO is toxic. If your only solution to improving a game is intentionally implementing horrible features meant to waste time, and extend the current mindnumbing grind, Then you are literally the problem

• i said that in first day when i joined this game and i notice that broken option is gone: GIVE BACK BROKEN OPTION ppl start insulting me etc... today they start realizing that something is wrong but they are not sure and we can easy say that for these ppl more important is their shltty gear than gameplay shltty because is nothing special anymore today, we dont have end game yet and half of server is +13/+15

• 100% true except for the turtle part. Crit dmg was nerfed pretty harfd turtle and fighter are only doing 1/3 of the dmg or less as back on tw and turtle got pretty boring thanks to this nerfs. Also the nerf that kd can't crit effected turtle the most.

i said that in first day when i joined this game and i notice that broken option is gone: GIVE BACK BROKEN OPTION ppl start insulting me etc... today they start realizing that something is wrong but they are not sure and we can easy say that for these ppl more important is their shltty gear than gameplay shltty because is nothing special anymore today, we dont have end game yet and half of server is +13/+15

Hahahaha same here back on 2014/2015 I said the same but I just got insulted.

• i said that in first day when i joined this game and i notice that broken option is gone: GIVE BACK BROKEN OPTION ppl start insulting me etc.

Nobody insults you, you confuse criticism with personal attacks, and opposition as antagonism- Just because people argue against you, you feel the need to claim that they're "insulting you". If recognizing bad game design is insulting, than this game's been thoroughly roasted beyond the point of redemption. The game, in its current and near final state, deserves to be villified to the fullest, ensuring that a genuinely decent experience can come out of it.

As it is, the forum exists as a warground of the dying- People are leaving by the day, the moderation team refuses to communicate with its community, the future looks dark right now. Eventually cashers will flock, and once the population drops below a certain threshold, the games future will be sealed.

The only reason people argue against you is because they don't want the game to die!!! We're on the same side ya know! But as it is, even if any of the solutions anyone provides are half-decent, unless the moderation team considers them, we're basically wasting our breath. The death of this game will be due to an indifferent mod team, above all else.

• Nobody insults you, you confuse criticism with personal attacks, and opposition as antagonism- Just because people argue against you, you feel the need to claim that they're "insulting you". If recognizing bad game design is insulting, than this game's been thoroughly roasted beyond the point of redemption. The game, in its current and near final state, deserves to be villified to the fullest, ensuring that a genuinely decent experience can come out of it.

As it is, the forum exists as a warground of the dying- People are leaving by the day, the moderation team refuses to communicate with its community, the future looks dark right now. Eventually cashers will flock, and once the population drops below a certain threshold, the games future will be sealed.

The only reason people argue against you is because they don't want the game to die!!! We're on the same side ya know! But as it is, even if any of the solutions anyone provides are half-decent, unless the moderation team considers them, we're basically wasting our breath. The death of this game will be due to an indifferent mod team, above all else.

Calling me toxic and troll what a awesome arguments, plz staph.

• ethanvolcano21 You’re looking it through the eyes of dbog standards.

Tell me. Whats makes +12 great if everyone has it? In DBOG level 55 cap you could have full +12 and a sprinkle of +13 if you’re lucky just from afking. Ridiculous.

What’s the difference between a player who platforms instead of doing PvE in Dbog? Nothing really, you can easily build a strong character character within a month.

In KR DBO however, your character was extremely weak if you slacked off. Maybe full +4 armors and +6 weapons. That’s balance. Not even most console RPG games hands you everything in a month.

One last thing ethan, this is a KOREAN MMO. These games are designed to be grindy. You want a elder scrolls online or a Guild Wars 2 with a DragonBall skin slapped on it? Ask Bandai Namco for that. You’re asking one man to redesign a whole game.

Lostcoco I 100% agree upgrade system should not be rng. But that’s very very risky. If that system ends up failing miserably and players get gear +13/+15 easily than were back where were started. That would need to be very well calculated to be implemented which is why I left that out.

• The only reason people argue against you is because they don't want the game to die!!! We're on the same side ya know! But as it is, even if any of the solutions anyone provides are half-decent, unless the moderation team considers them, we're basically wasting our breath. The death of this game will be due to an indifferent mod team, above all else.

Oh just wanted to speak on this, look at where we are now. Dead game in less than a year.

• Here’s a more simple way to put it for those who don’t want to read the OP.

Player in 2011 DBO: “I still want to get my favorite dogi, want to +10 my sword maybe one day +12 it, and still want to get e def armors. This will be an adventure. Still a lot of gameplay left.”

Player in DBO now: “I literally have damn near everything in just a month of playing. Imma just win budokai and quit this game.”

• Here’s a more simple way to put it for those who don’t want to read the OP.

Player in 2011 DBO: “I still want to get my favorite dogi, want to +10 my sword maybe one day +12 it, and still want to get e def armors. This will be an adventure. Still a lot of gameplay left.”

If you consider mindnumbing grinding sessions lasting for literal hundreds of hours "gameplay", then you ought to be easily entertained by paint drying for all the difference it makes. In the time it takes to level one character to cap, I could easily make several alts for Elder Scrolls Online, level them to 50, equip them all with decent end-game gear, and STILL have 50 hours of pvp/dungeon finding/gear searching to do. Even after that I'd have hundreds of hours to level up my crafting, constantly make gold to buy and upgrade recurring armor upgrades, etc.

The fact that you have to admit that this game would struggle and die unless you spend your entire life in your basement is proof that this game offers no reasons to play it.

Time and again, we have players object to criticism by literally arguing that demanding cash to have fun or wasting hundreds of hours of your life doing nothing but grinding is good game design. Obviously these players don't speak for the majority, which is scary considering they seem to be the vocal minority. Ie: Everyone's gone, this game is dead.

• If you consider mindnumbing grinding sessions lasting for literal hundreds of hours "gameplay", then you ought to be easily entertained by paint drying for all the difference it makes. In the time it takes to level one character to cap, I could easily make several alts for Elder Scrolls Online, level them to 50, equip them all with decent end-game gear, and STILL have 50 hours of pvp/dungeon finding/gear searching to do. Even after that I'd have hundreds of hours to level up my crafting, constantly make gold to buy and upgrade recurring armor upgrades, etc.

The fact that you have to admit that this game would struggle and die unless you spend your entire life in your basement is proof that this game offers no reasons to play it.

Time and again, we have players object to criticism by literally arguing that demanding cash to have fun or wasting hundreds of hours of your life doing nothing but grinding is good game design. Obviously these players don't speak for the majority, which is scary considering they seem to be the vocal minority. Ie: Everyone's gone, this game is dead.

Name a MMORPG that handed you almost everything just from afking.

• If you consider mindnumbing grinding sessions lasting for literal hundreds of hours "gameplay", then you ought to be easily entertained by paint drying for all the difference it makes. In the time it takes to level one character to cap, I could easily make several alts for Elder Scrolls Online, level them to 50, equip them all with decent end-game gear, and STILL have 50 hours of pvp/dungeon finding/gear searching to do. Even after that I'd have hundreds of hours to level up my crafting, constantly make gold to buy and upgrade recurring armor upgrades, etc.

This is possibly the most braindead, easy, no effort grinding you can ever find in a game.

• Name a MMORPG that handed you almost everything just from afking.

Do you even know how to read? Where did I say that afking should grant rewatds? I said the EXACT OPpOSITE! something you would know if you could read beyond a 2nd grade level.

Calling me toxic and troll what a awesome arguments, plz staph.

Name where I called you toxic, seriously its like you guys are just imagining what your opponents say without ever bothering to read.

Yeah ya know what? This community is shit, I'm out

• This is possibly the most braindead, easy, no effort grinding you can ever find in a game.

and yet Its one of the greatest mmorpgs out there, with people who've been playing it since its release in 2014, and I still find brand new experiences. I have hundreds of hours invested in it, and players with thousands still have reasons to play. You can argue that its "no effort", but fact of the matter is that players who play ESO are actually having fun and being rewarded for their efforts. Because the game designers recognize that fun gameplay isn't about acquiring loot, its about using it. Getting end-game armor is only half the battle, recognizing the best builds for each dungeon, class, pvp scenario is what's necessary, constantly improving the quality of your gear even after you obtain a decent set. Skill is rewarded more than anything: A crappy player with the best armor will never beat a good player, and you don't have to grind for literally hundreds of hours to get good loot.

At the end of the day, we have two gaming experiences: One that's fun to play and offers thousands of gameplay hours and endgame content in the form of 25+ dungeons, 6+ raids, 10+ full sized continents to explore all with their own interesting and unique quests and environments, hundreds of armor sets to collect, dozens of combinations of classes to play all with their own niches, none of them are useless, and one gaming experience which is just dead.

You can argue against me, but you can't argue away the success of ESO and the death of DBO

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!