Why people think TW was better than DBOG

• and yet Its one of the greatest mmorpgs out there, with people who've been playing it since its release in 2014, and I still find brand new experiences. I have hundreds of hours invested in it, and players with thousands still have reasons to play. You can argue that its "no effort", but fact of the matter is that players who play ESO are actually having fun and being rewarded for their efforts. Because the game designers recognize that fun gameplay isn't about acquiring loot, its about using it. Getting end-game armor is only half the battle, recognizing the best builds for each dungeon, class, pvp scenario is what's necessary, constantly improving the quality of your gear even after you obtain a decent set. Skill is rewarded more than anything: A crappy player with the best armor will never beat a good player, and you don't have to grind for literally hundreds of hours to get good loot.

At the end of the day, we have two gaming experiences: One that's fun to play and offers thousands of gameplay hours and endgame content in the form of 25+ dungeons, 6+ raids, 10+ full sized continents to explore all with their own interesting and unique quests and environments, hundreds of armor sets to collect, dozens of combinations of classes to play all with their own niches, none of them are useless, and one gaming experience which is just dead.

You can argue against me, but you can't argue away the success of ESO and the death of DBO

Nah I’m not arguing with you lol, dbo is destined to die. Don’t take this so seriously man. Daneos clearly doesn’t hadn’t put any effort to comment on these important threads, I stopped caring like a month after the game launched officially.

• ethanvolcano21 You chose the easy way out and replied to a more simplified version of my posts

Without basing your accusations off anything you look awful. I took one of the points of your argument and countered that, without even bothering to address anything else because it wasn't important to what I was saying. My only goal was to illustrate how what you said, was wrong. And nothing more. I don't care about anything else you say because I don't wanna waste my time. The only reason I bothered responding to what I did was because it was so egregiously stupid.

Your whole argument is “DBO should be like elder scrolls online”

Not at all. Where the hell did say that? I'm only comparing the success of one mmorpg to the failures of another. There's a reason I play ESO some days, and DBO others. Did you know that you're ALLOWED to criticize things you like? That the only reason I waste my time on these forums is because I believe there's a slim chance that the game can be improved upon? You don't have to dislike other games just because you like another better.

• Do you even know how to read? Where did I say that afking should grant rewatds? I said the EXACT OPpOSITE! something you would know if you could read beyond a 2nd grade level.

Name where I called you toxic, seriously its like you guys are just imagining what your opponents say without ever bothering to read.

Yeah ya know what? This community is shit, I'm out

But no one talked about you dude.

• So you guys should stop talking about other mmorpgs and concentrate on dbog. We don't have much content in this game but we still want to play it. It doesn't make sense to try to increase the content because that won't happen soon or will never happen. Just think about what we have now and not what we could have if Daneos would do x and do y.

• We don't have much content in this game but we still want to play it. It doesn't make sense to try to increase the content because that won't happen soon or will never happen.

And this is why the game's fate is sealed. DBO was developed with pay to win hurdles in mind. both the design of the game and the amount of content available were specifically tailored to require grinding in mind to lengthen the time it takes to make any visible progress. That's what KRMMO's are made for: incessant grinding is required to make any progress thereby encouraging you to have to pay real life currency to have any fun.

The fact that we can't alter the content just lends itself to a second demise. DBO failed for the same reason, what we're seeing here is history repeating itself.

• And this is why the game's fate is sealed. DBO was developed with pay to win hurdles in mind. both the design of the game and the amount of content available were specifically tailored to require grinding in mind to lengthen the time it takes to make any visible progress. That's what KRMMO's are made for: incessant grinding is required to make any progress thereby encouraging you to have to pay real life currency to have any fun.

The fact that we can't alter the content just lends itself to a second demise. DBO failed for the same reason, what we're seeing here is history repeating itself.

Funny thing is, in KR/TW majority of F2P players had way more fun than the people who spent $1k+ on the game. And that’s because they didnt have to do anything, while F2P players had to play the game to progress.

Sounds like you’re making cry posts because you wanna keep this game easy.

• And this is why the game's fate is sealed. DBO was developed with pay to win hurdles in mind. both the design of the game and the amount of content available were specifically tailored to require grinding in mind to lengthen the time it takes to make any visible progress. That's what KRMMO's are made for: incessant grinding is required to make any progress thereby encouraging you to have to pay real life currency to have any fun.

I don't understand your problem. DBO is a "KRMMO" as you call it and we all know it. You can't change it into another mmorpg. It's stupid. If you don't like "KRMMO" then you should just play something else. Honestly speaking I loved the grinding part in dbo and it's also what I love the most in mmorpgs. I think you should stop forcing your taste into others...

• I’m be honest it 2k18 and there a reason why all those Korea grind games die or dead right now. Changing the game from “easy mode” to hard mode won’t keep players around at all because all that grinding takes no skill. Only things that take some sort skill is probably 5v5 pvp, dojo war, kid budokai. Everything else is unbalanced no matter what you try to do to it hence to why all those people quit

• I’m be honest it 2k18 and there a reason why all those Korea grind games die or dead right now. Changing the game from “easy mode” to hard mode won’t keep players around at all because all that grinding takes no skill. Only things that take some sort skill is probably 5v5 pvp, dojo war, kid budokai. Everything else is unbalanced no matter what you try to do to it hence to why all those people quit

Yeah that’s true thing is Dojo doesn’t even reward all the winners at all. For solo budokai the only very unique gear worth getting for the most part is the anti crit gloves. That’s it. I wouldn’t say its impossible to balance the content though. Just very very hard. Which is why we bump heads so much as a community.

• Yeah that’s true thing is Dojo doesn’t even reward all the winners at all. For solo budokai the only very unique gear worth getting for the most part is the anti crit gloves. That’s it. I wouldn’t say its impossible to balance the content though. Just very very hard. Which is why we bump heads so much as a community.

Hmm well senzu and mudosa points are really good tho and anti critic part is well worth it, since everyone will try to get them plus there are some cosmetic and maybe in future they could add something else.

Dojo is useless, it needs to be changed.

Better Dojo shop and maybe other dojo features...

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• One thing breaks this game . The cash shop items ... if you donate, go on and buy for youreself, don t sell it back for Zeni in game. There is the point why all players got God`s Gear, +13-+15, etc . Just BIND this cash shop items on the character, stop re-selling it .

• One thing breaks this game . The cash shop items ... if you donate, go on and buy for youreself, don t sell it back for Zeni in game. There is the point why all players got God`s Gear, +13-+15, etc . Just BIND this cash shop items on the character, stop re-selling it .

How do you think that free players will ever get hands on cash shop items then?

Cash shop items shouldn't be binded nor brown boxes from events.

Plus if cashers can't gain anything from it, why would they cash in first place xD

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Funny thing is, in KR/TW majority of F2P players had way more fun than the people who spent $1k+ on the game. And that’s because they didnt have to do anything, while F2P players had to play the game to progress.

Sounds like you’re making cry posts because you wanna keep this game easy.

No, plenty of cashers worked hard in the game and cashed. If you wanted to pass plus 9 as a f2p, you'd need to play 5+ hours a day for a very long time to farm the zeni for cash shop items(white stones), and overpriced stones. Comparing Cashers who hit the cap, spammed BiDs + won budokai to f2p who screwed around in TW is like comparing 5 year olds to a business man. Some people play the game to win, not idle around wasting away. And that's not to say your first time playing the game isn't enjoyable by idling around, however most people who play DBO have already played Retail/PoB.

Edit: Has what Daneos said about wanting to make the game in his "OWN" direction not gone through your skull? Retail might appeal to a small portion of the community, but most people have already played DBOG. It's like taking a toy from a kid, it's too late to make all these changes.

• AGREED 1000000%

• i like the idea but in order to have 1 +15 item you will need 500 advanced stone wich is insanly high according to the current drop rate you need to increase the drop rate X5 to apply this xD

• there is few things that can make the game better that won't need more then 1h Of working for daneos , for example adding making the scramble wish for all the team and not only 1 person , decrease the mouvment speed for peopole that have the balls so this event won't bee 100 vs 20 and then RUNNNNNNN !

i think that broken sytem should bee back cuz it's more then enough , adding a hard mode for tmq's 4 / 5 / 6 /7 where you could get a great item and remouve brown boxes , it's 80%impossible to drop an item from tmq / ud / BID

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!