MY thoughts on how to make this game a bit better (Upgrade + Boxes = Gear)

• Here are my thoughts on how to make this game a bit better as it is right now.

Before I start I would like to say that you shouldn't compare dbog to another game you like or love. DBO is a typical asian grinder mmorpg.

Yes we all would like to have a better fighting system, more content and so on but sadly because of the technical limitations we won't.

We need to balance THIS game and not an "ideal dream-like" dbo which does not exist. I know you guys will hate me for my suggestions but I think this is what the game needs.

So lets start with "MY" changes:

1. Bring back broken card

The problem with "no broken" is that you only need to farm your gear once and after that you are done with pve. So because your gear can never be destroyed / deleted after some time we will have more items on the market then we need. This will also break the economy ingame. Moreover this will make it harder to get +15. I personally think a game always needs space for improvement. We saw it back on POB and now in OB people get way to fast +15. Yes bots played an important role but they just speed things up. +15 should be something "holy" that's nearly impossible to get and when you get it it should stay something special. Also this game should be balanced based on +12 gear not on +15. The best players should have on average +12 gear and only a small number of people should have +15 but only with alot of hard work (not only with 1-2 months of farming 1h a day) and alot luck. +15 Should make you crazy strong.

2. Increase Upgrade reduce on broken card when using white stone

Right now if you are using a white stone and get broken you will lose 2 upgrades. Back on retail it was 4-6. We need that back. Upgrading should be really risky but at the same time high rewarding. +6 Should be the normal upgrade for average players. And only if you have alot of money then you should upgrade your gear higher then +6.

3. Reduce successrate of upgrade

Reduce the successrate of upgrades. Everyone who played the game in the last few month saw all the +15 upgrades. More than 5 items per day to +15 and that each day and that we so few players online. That is stupid. Good upgrades should be something special.

3. Reduce droprate of Upgrade Stones

Reduce the droprate of upgrade stones. It should be hard to get upgrade stones. Yes I know upgrading is frustrating but make upgrading something special. In all the asian grinder mmorpgs I played until now upgrading was the last thing you would do. It was something that only the rich people could efford. I really liked that idea because you are forced to gear up to a specific standard (+6) get all your accessoirs weapons and armors and only after that it made sense to focus on upgrading. +15 is the limit but that doesn't mean that it also should be the standard for all good players and before I forget it make the droprate of white stones way less than the drop rate of purple and green stones.

4. Reduce brown boxes extremly and increase the chance to drop good effects

Make the price of brown boxes in cc dungeon much higher and don't put to many brown boxes in events or cashshop. Gear should be dropped with the right effects not switched into the right one.

People should farm the right gear in open world, tmq, ud, bids. Farming should be worth doing not something you do only for "fun". But for that the chances to get a drop with good effects needs to be increaed. It shouldn't be to high, you should not get a good item in a few hours.

5. Make everything tradeable

Every item should be tradeable. Some people don't want to farm but then at least the guys that do the farming should be rewarded by the players that want to cash their items. This way the "farmer" and the "casher" would be happy.

**Edit 18.09.2018 here

6. Remove crafting

Crafting is way to fast and easy. You get nearly the best gear for doing literally nothing. You get much more craft items back if you break the crafted items than you used for them. Back on tw crafting was released much later with lvl 70 cap where it didn't really matter but back then it was much harder and more expensive and more time consuming to craft. I would say just remove crafting.

until here**

Now let's the hate begin.

Just because I'm curious I would like to have your opinions if you

a) agree

b) agree in many aspects but not all

c) disagree

d) disagree in many aspects but not all

with me. Thanks. :|

P.S.

At first I wanted to make a post which contains all my ideas about dbog changes but while writing this I got pretty bored so I will probably seperate it into multiple parts and write the other parts someday later (only if I feel like doing it). I call this part the "GEAR" part.

• I agree with all points been made. Making upgrade system harder means it will take longer for player to get the best gear, player base will not get bored as fast as its now, PvE will be harder to do since majority won't have +12~+15 gears. Making everything tradeable is fine because it opens a way for PvP characters such as Fighters/Swordsman to obtain that sweet PvE gear by having alt accounts to farm on and later on trade them over.

• Are you suggesting a wipe for these to take effect?

I'm one of the guys that want a wipe but only after alot of changes. The things that I mentioned are just a small part of it.

But I'm not someone who insists that we should have a wipe. I don't really care what gear other people have I just want to have fun again in this game.

• I'm one of the guys that want a wipe but only after alot of changes. The things that I mentioned are just a small part of it.

But I'm not someone who insists that we should have a wipe. I don't really care what gear other people have I just want to have fun again in this game.

I understand, I mentioned it because it would be extremely unappealing for starting and mid-game players. Without a wipe, players already running around with full +15 sets, brown boxes, and upgrade stones would exploit the market and only get wealthier at this point, completely destroying any chance for new and mid-game players to catch up.

These changes without a wipe will only favor end-game players and non-legit farmers, would not want to see it implemented at this point. Honestly many issues won't get solved without a fresh start, but these guys need to make sure that if they wipe the server for the 3rd time they actually do it right, and not f*** it up somewhere among the updates, again. We really can't keep wiping the server every time bad decisions are made.

• I 99% agree with you, all of the points are great suggestions except:

don't put too many brown boxes in events

If you obtain boxes from cash shop you get at least 30 while if you do via events you are getting 1 box at a time (we all know how much time do you need to farm all honeys/cc items to get a single box, even the boss event you can only get 1 box per quest). Non cash boxes shouldnt change imo.

The only problem i see with these changes is that 99% of cashers do cash to obtain boxes, if you discourage them to cash the game will die faster (maybe a cash shop rework could be a good solution i dont really know).

• i made 3 items to +15 and two of them took around 800-900 million zeni each, the other only 30kk cause i was super lucky:)

+15 is NOT TOO EASY, maybe +12 is a bit too easy.and broken card is annoying enough!

you really want to destroy CCBD gear which takes forever to farm/box your stats?

big C

• i made 3 items to +15 and two of them took around 800-900 million zeni each, the other only 30kk cause i was super lucky:)

+15 is NOT TOO EASY, maybe +12 is a bit too easy.and broken card is annoying enough!

you really want to destroy CCBD gear which takes forever to farm/box your stats?

big C

Yes I want to destroy it. Wasn't that clear from my post?

+15 is not "Too" easy but still easy enough

"You made 3x to +15" thats 3 to much.

• thats right. we also need a new class balance, a better dmg calculation and a difference between pve and pvp, a strong defence against cheaters with their bots, hacks, stricter and constant control as well as hard punishments from the staff. they should also reduce the multi client function to max. 2 chars at the same time or even completly and ban the account sharing again.

• Posts like this one make u really hate cashers xD

oh we get +15 from just 200 stones that's easy

i spend for upgrading alot and alot and get +12 twice while i'm in the game day one

oh let's wipe so non cashers get fu**ed we are safe we are cashers

being lucky or rich dosen't mean make others suffering -_-

I'm also no casher and I was playing active since day 1 of ob. I got at most +14 and that's only once and around 4 or 5 times +13 and alot of times +12. I spent alot of time farming and making zeni with many different ways. But all of those things means nothing if the game is no fun. I play this game not because of pvp or competitive stuff. I play it to have fun with friends and if a wipe means we will get that fun back I will happily sacrifice all my efford until now.

The future looks pretty dark right now.

• D.

Make everything tradeable, everything else no.

Soon this would be added, everyone would quit game since it is hard to find even farm spot in cap 70, even on turtle island with this few channels.

Broken Card, sure np, people would lose gear and you could always sell some gear.

If anything else would be added, those who quit wouldn't come back and everyone here would quit too.

Upgrade system shouldn't be RNG based, sure a lot of stones needed for upgraded no problem but remove RNG.

It will be hard to upgrade, but not RNG based.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Upgrade system shouldn't be RNG based, sure a lot of stones needed for upgraded no problem but remove RNG.

It will be hard to upgrade, but not RNG based.

Mind elaborating a bit more, I don't understand how the system would work without the RNG factor.

• I still think upgrade should not be rng and instead x amount of stones for the next upgrade. The stones are character bind and can only be dropped from mobs (remove stones from token shop), being in a party, stones will not drop or picking up someone else stones will not work. The stones need to be earned by the player itself with no help. This will motivate players to keep playing and upgrading their gear, it is an overtime accomplishment from the many hours spend farming.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!