MY thoughts on how to make this game a bit better (Upgrade + Boxes = Gear)

• The problem with removing rng from upgrade is that you will make sure people will get 100% +15. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Also rng puts more fun into the game. You never know if that one stone will bring you a much better gear or make it worse.

I understand where you are coming from but sometime farming for so many hours only to waste it all and earn absolutely nothing from attempting to upgrade can be demotivating. Maybe make armor/weapoms from upgrading with x amount of stones be bind and keep a +12 cap on it and for +15 still use the current system and adjust it woth some of your suggestions.

• I understand where you are coming from but sometime farming for so many hours only to waste it all and earn absolutely nothing from attempting to upgrade can be demotivating. Maybe make armor/weapoms from upgrading with x amount of stones be bind and keep a +12 cap on it and for +15 still use the current system and adjust it woth some of your suggestions.

That would still be to easy. Also +12 should be something special I'm trying to make it so that +8 should be the good gear. Until +6 (7,8 if you are lucky) you can't get broken anyway. Upgrading should be really hard (rare stones, low successrste, broken card, rare whites) with this people will only start upgrading after +8 if they finish everything else and thanks to the hard upgrade system they will need alot of time until they get +12.

Moreover I don't want bind (unbindable) items anymore.

• The problem with removing rng from upgrade is that you will make sure people will get 100% +15. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Also rng puts more fun into the game. You never know if that one stone will bring you a much better gear or make it worse.

doesnt matter if ppl have equal gear by alot of work, then item strategy and skills come into play

So its better to have players who work hard and can´t get good upgrade because of bad luck

Upgrade system no RNG based is the most thing i want since i started played dbo, its only about to decide how many stones are needed for each lvl it doesnt neccesary mean that everyone will get +15

I personally don´t want a item wipe since im not casher and all my efforts would have been for nothing, maybe lvl70 items wipe (wich shouldn´t have been in the game until now to start with)

Also boxes in pve are good as they are now, i play about 1 hour every day and i get every week like 7 boxes from event + 6-10 from CC coins = 13-17 boxes per week, getting a top stat for only one item sometimes takes hundred on boxes (we all have seen posts from people crying because they didn´t get what they wanted with 300 boxes)

• I agree with most of this, we have similar point of view.
    For keep players motivate to grind we should do something with the drop like i suggest in another thread, here is no doubts that we should keep RNG upgrade but i think that game should at least offer sure reward from grind.

• Drop some arguments and say what you dont like, coz most of the guy suggestions are real stuff from real dbo so at the end he dont suggest anything crazy or special.

dislike almost everything he said,

reduce succes rate at grades 7,8,9 and 10 would be ok.

about crafting : dont need to be removed but nerfed or tmq/budo gear needs a buff.

lvl 60 craft shoes are better than lvl 70 budokai shoes lol.

other points bullshit need to be no life farm or full casher to hit high upgrades if thats to easy get a life.

• Hi DreameR68,

i mostly agree with your points except of the crafting system (better to reduce abit the stats).

We already know that creating new features in DBO is highly unlikely, so i would like that we get the most out of existing features.

Moreover some personal thoughts:

• Ranked battle is dead. Most of the times i have to wait for hours to get an opponent. I once suggested adding some interesting items (bit better gear) in the mudosa gambler but people were like "Duhhh mudosa farmers are gonna get advantage and so on".

Well sorry but leaving existing features dead because people might get advantage on it is not the way to think. If you think this way then nothing would work. For sure there are other ways to fight farmers.

• 3rd level of Budokai. I would like eventually to have budos at levels: 29, 45 and 70.

Reassons for doing this:

1. People love budo
    2. Lets face it, right now items between 30 and 60 level will be total obsolete. So budo45 would give more meaning on medium level chars and its items.
    3. People will need to farm, get items (gear), cash again and so on.

Those are some of my additions to your thoughts. Let me know what you think.

• Yes I agree with you I would have said reduce materials you get when you disassemble items and give less exp for crafting. Maybe make it a bit more expensive. About adjusting the stats it would be the best solution but I'm 100% sure the team would fk that up.

About the ranking and budo I know that we need to improve in that aspect the reason why I did not mention them is that I will do probably more party one about open world pve one about budo musoda... one about pvp balances and one about cc dungeon, tmq, ud (but only when i feel like doing it :))

For me it looks like you are one of those guys that don't know what an asian grinder mmorpg is. You can't change the design of dbo without changing the actual game (we can't right now). The only thing dbo could offer was the hardship of getting your stuff together. The game has nearly no content and a pretty simple pvp system. If you don't want to farm that much you need to play a "modern mmorpg" not an asian grinder.

Also it is pretty easy to get high upgrades right now you just need to farm for a few weeks. Ofc you need to know the best way to earn money but when you balance a game you always consider the good players not the average / bad players. Because someday even the average players will belong to the good players and then your game will be totally unbalanced like dbog right now (Yes I called you an average / bad player ^^).

• Here we go again with another tirade about why everyone should quit their jobs, sell all their clothes/furnature, and live in a box inside your mothers basement for the duration of your life to play an obsolete MMORPG just because. Short answer- No.

Long answer:

Before I start I would like to say that you shouldn't compare dbog to another game you like or love.

First sentence- Don't compare DBOG to better games, because... er... reasons. The only reason I'd think of comparison is to illustrate how features in this game fail to achieve their goal, whereas in othergames this isn't the case. Minor adjustments could easily be implemented to correct these glaring flaws. Asking us to disregard these horrible mistakes is just an open admission at how terrible this game is. Your solutions are to make things worse, thereby highlighting the few good features. Words alone cannot express how stupid and toxic a mentality like that is. That you should have to think "Hmm... lets make this game WORSE to make it better" is beyond comprehension. Furthermore, I do not hate you, or anyone, for arguing an opinion I disagree with. Afterall, what would be the point of conversation if we hate each other?

I disagree with you, I do not hate you.

Yes, that's how games work. You work to get a particular piece of gear and armor to equip your character with, which allows you to farm more difficult opponents, etc. Rinse and repeat. Are you seriously trying to argue in favor of a system which outright deletes your progress for NO OTHER REASON other than to limit your progression due to the incomplete nature of this game? That defies all logic. No game developer, no programmer, and certainly no serious player would argue in favor of a system that can delete progress, just to make sure that the limited content, which is already not worth working for, all the more difficult to get. The goal of game design is to reward players for their progress, not punish them for making "too much" progress. It defies all game design logic!

As if Having to grind for 6 hours a day just to get a few dozen stones which aren't even capable of brining you up to par with most end-game related content isn't already difficult enough, you're actually arguing that the grind should be made more tedious, less rewarding, because it makes you feel good about your progress. That's not an argument, that's just penalizing the entire player base for wanting to enjoy this broken game, and you feeling left out because you feel there isn't already enough of a huge gap between new players and old. Newsflash- Of all the new players that join, few ever even make it to the level cap, and the ones that do quit the game almost immediately once they see that the only thing left for them is an 100 hour mindless grind to get gear that isn't even rewarding.

You even admit that only the rich could afford end-game content. All this does is WIDEN that divide between cashers and non-cashers, not lessen it!

Your solution: Make it HARDER. Do you have a job? Quit it! Relationships? Who cares! Responsibilities? Children even? Pfft, abandon them, and play DBO. Forever.

5. Make everything tradeable

Every item should be tradeable. Some people don't want to farm but then at least the guys that do the farming should be rewarded by the players that want to cash their items. This way the "farmer" and the "casher" would be happy.

That's... Actually not a bad Idea. An Open economy would allow for the easier distribution of otherwise unobtainable items. It allows for players with not as much time to play alternative methods to achieve the particular items they want. If you dont have time to farm Gold Coins, this allows for the purchase and sale of them. The sealing system effectively prevents players from obtaining the gear they want by locking it behind rng, however this system would allow for the better distribution of items and allow for more economic opportunities. This would have major implications for the in-game market, and is actually a very good Idea.

6. Remove crafting

Crafting is way to fast and easy. You get nearly the best gear for doing literally nothing. You get much more craft items back if you break the crafted items than you used for them. Back on tw crafting was released much later with lvl 70 cap where it didn't really matter but back then it was much harder and more expensive and more time consuming to craft. I would say just remove crafting

And here it is- the nail in the coffin if most (but not all) of your arguments. That you should have to REMOVE features to make a game better is the pinnacle of bad game design. It's one thing to make worse the features that are already implemented, but to outright remove features that players unanimously use and enjoy is just ridiculous- NOBODY would vouch for such a decision. They might argue how the system could be changed and reimagined, but to remove a system so inherently tied to the metagame and in-game economy is beyond all reason.

tl;dr:

Removing features does not enhance a game.

Increasing an already insane grind to something effectively impossible to maintain without giving up your life/responsibilities is not good game design.

Ensuring that cashers are given all the advantages in the world does not, in any capacity, contribute to the longevity of this game.

• As I said dbo was designed as an asian grinder if you want to change that you would need to change the whole game.

That's not true at all. Very small subtle differences in code can result in monumental differences in game economy, skill damage, PVE/PVP balancing, etc. There's a lot you can do simply by changing a few decimals thereby entirely changing their value. In fact, the changes you're asking for use the same logic, only backwards. Rather than make things easier, you want to make them drastically harder. Just because this game was a KRMMO grinding fest, doesn't mean it should remain that way. The systems for a much better game are already there, they just need to be corrected and fine tuned.

• Damn people just want this game to be easier than it already is. I suggest you go back to Xenoverse or something, don’t know what a true mmo is. It’s supposed to be time consuming but rewarding. We have time consuming here but none of the rewards. Plus it’s too easy to upgrade and do everything in the game. If people were smart they would just farm and sell gear to make back their money from the time the wasted.

Meh I’m sick of this anyway, Daneos doesn’t seem to care at all.

• That would still be to easy. Also +12 should be something special I'm trying to make it so that +8 should be the good gear. Until +6 (7,8 if you are lucky) you can't get broken anyway. Upgrading should be really hard (rare stones, low successrste, broken card, rare whites) with this people will only start upgrading after +8 if they finish everything else and thanks to the hard upgrade system they will need alot of time until they get +12.

Moreover I don't want bind (unbindable) items anymore.

Guess your right. Also dice at budo seems dumb should be a win for the player with most damage points with each class dealing 1 damage gives them certain amount of points since a fighter will do more than a buffer for 1 damage from fighter would be like 1 point and majin 3 points this will make upgrading and skill come into play.

• Damn people just want this game to be easier than it already is.

Yes, that's exactly what people want, because people have lives. Nobody has time to devote hundreds of hours to a piss poor game. If a game is stupidly difficult to the point where you'd have to devote your life to it, it'll die. Its history repeating itself, plain and simple. just look at the current status of the game? Once again ruled by foreigners who hack/bot/cash to dominate the metagame, while honest hardworking players are punished by an unfair system. Just look at the comment above: Wastes 150 boxes to no avail, and you expect players to keep up with such a piss poor system? Either the game changes, or it dies. If it can't adapt, then the game dies.

I suggest you go back to Xenoverse or something, don’t know what a true mmo is. It’s supposed to be time consuming but rewarding.

A true mmo is a good game. DBO is not. That's why it died. That's why nobody remembers it. Thats why it was never brought to america. KRMMO's are roguelikes that have a short time, and whose existence is supposed to be for commercial gain. Elder Scrolls Online is a true mmo. World of Warcraft is a True MMO. These are both games that don't demand you devote your entire life to them, by offering methods to improve without having to demand 100's of hours of grinding. Its one thing for a game to provide 100's of hours of content spent in the form of pvp, dungeons, raids, etc. Its another thing for a game to lack these elements, and to "feign" a better experience with its mediocre content by arbitrarily lengthening the grind.

If you're so easily entertained by mindless activity, why not spend all day watching paint dry? Is that a fun rewarding experience? Having to do nothing all day for the mild satisfaction of having painted a stupid wall? That's what DBO Is. It has no content, so it forces 100's of hours of grinds to reap the most "gameplay" out of what little content it does have. That's how KRMMO's work. That's why they die off.

• Yes, that's exactly what people want, because people have lives. Nobody has time to devote hundreds of hours to a piss poor game. If a game is stupidly difficult to the point where you'd have to devote your life to it, it'll die. Its history repeating itself, plain and simple. just look at the current status of the game? Once again ruled by foreigners who hack/bot/cash to dominate the metagame, while honest hardworking players are punished by an unfair system. Just look at the comment above: Wastes 150 boxes to no avail, and you expect players to keep up with such a piss poor system? Either the game changes, or it dies. If it can't adapt, then the game dies.

A true mmo is a good game. DBO is not. That's why it died. That's why nobody remembers it. Thats why it was never brought to america. KRMMO's are roguelikes that have a short time, and whose existence is supposed to be for commercial gain. Elder Scrolls Online is a true mmo. World of Warcraft is a True MMO. These are both games that don't demand you devote your entire life to them, by offering methods to improve without having to demand 100's of hours of grinding. Its one thing for a game to provide 100's of hours of content spent in the form of pvp, dungeons, raids, etc. Its another thing for a game to lack these elements, and to "feign" a better experience with its mediocre content by arbitrarily lengthening the grind.

If you're so easily entertained by mindless activity, why not spend all day watching paint dry? Is that a fun rewarding experience? Having to do nothing all day for the mild satisfaction of having painted a stupid wall? That's what DBO Is. It has no content, so it forces 100's of hours of grinds to reap the most "gameplay" out of what little content it does have. That's how KRMMO's work. That's why they die off.

Well I know a few still going strong because the grind is worth it in the end. Here in dbog there is no endgame except for to do budo, sell gear and items for cash or just screwing around. There is no incentive. Used to be better back in the original. Grind was somewhat worth it and not everything was bundled up the ass.

And you say have a life, dbog is definitely not the game to have a life unless you cash big time. Others games do a better job of that, there is no way you can make dbo easy and expect it to survive. See how well it’s suriving now? It’s on an Respiratory machine gasping for air because there is nothing to do atm, and it’s gonna be that way until winter. The game will surely die.

• I agree with several things that ethan says. But I differ in others. I personally like this game very much. I have not found the open world that is in BOD in another MMO that is not as big as Wild Wars or WoW. The PvP with all its flaws is more balanced than Elsword (Game that bill millions for its theme). And even though the BOD is a broken and incomplete game, I like to waste time on it. Farming or simply walking the maps, it's nice.

But it can be improved. Not removing what you already have, not increasing the difficulty. All of us who play BOD have a life behind ... And it would not be good for this to turn into a Dark Souls. (The boxes look like this, try 150 times to kill a boss)

How to improve it? More events by the moderators or the staff, more rewards for the players. And if the rumors are true that you have the codes of the old game, implement level 80 that was planned with the new map.

• Make everything tradeable, everything else no.

Soon this would be added, everyone would quit game since it is hard to find even farm spot in cap 70, even on turtle island with this few channels.

Thats why this should be added,

4. Reduce brown boxes extremly and increase the chance to drop good effects

Make the price of brown boxes in cc dungeon much higher and don't put to many brown boxes in events or cashshop. Gear should be dropped with the right effects not switched into the right one.

People should farm the right gear in open world, tmq, ud, bids. Farming should be worth doing not something you do only for "fun". But for that the chances to get a drop with good effects needs to be increaed. It shouldn't be to high, you should not get a good item in a few hours.

This will make farming TMQ/UD more profitable than regular open world farming, like it should be.

Also about a none RNG upgrade meta, the only way that would work is if upgrading took a lot of skill. And the best way to do that is This.

dragon-tales-gif-8.gif

How to get that stone you ask? By completing Budokai is how you obtain one of those Dragon Stones. +13 requires 1 Dragon Stone, +14 requires 2 Dragon Stones, +15 requires 3. You cannot go higher than +12 without those stones. Its whats needed for none rng upgrades.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!