MY thoughts on how to make this game a bit better (Upgrade + Boxes = Gear)

• Well, trying to reach a consensus between both parties got us where we are right now, not satisfying either.

Let me take this quote from takaroku as an illustration of my point:

Well I know a few still going strong-

Well I know a few...

a few

The players who advocate a stupidly long grind are the Minority. The vocal minority, mind you, because most players aren't like me, who would wanna argue why everything they say is outrageous and wrong. Argumentation seems impossible considering that any time you criticize them they literally just accuse you of insults, they never read what you have to say, etc. So players just give up and move on to other games. I see potential in this game and I want to see it improve, so I stick around.

Anyways, these guys are in the minority because they have no lives, no jobs, no responsibilities, no relationships, no duties to society. They can just stick in their mothers basement and play DBOG all day long without a care in the world, so OF COURSE they would argue for a long grind, its not like they have anything better to do.

But unlike those players, I have schooling. I'm majoring in Biology and have to devote a large portion of my time actually studying for exams, instead of playing video-games covered in Cheeto's crumbs and drinking mountain dew all day. I have responsibilities to my friends and family, I have to make sure my GPA stays above a certain range, I have to ensure that I have time to look for internship opportunities, etc.

And that's just me. Hundreds of other players are in similar situations, where they don't have time to grind on a stupid mmorpg all day. You say that making the game easier makes it boring- False. Because making the game "easier" just means that people like me who don't have any basements to live in can still experience the game without having to devote an absurd amount of time to it. It makes the game more accessible and by extension more popular. And its not like the changes anyone advocates are so extreme. Its a matter of changing a 10 to a 20, or a 90 to an 80. Such minor changes can result in huge differences.

Its people who have no lives who're so triggered by the thought of a changing metagame.

• So you are saying because you lack the experience and time you want to have the same things as someone who spends alot of time into the game? Because you hate others who are better than you, who are investing more time to be better then you, you call them no lifers?

I don't know if you play the game right now but everyone is walking around with +15 +14 gear after just 1-2 months. You want to enjoy the game? How about enjoy tmq 1-6 or uds instead of plat? DBO has no endgame content but it has some dungeon on lower lvl. Thanks to craft armor those dungeons are just irrelevant.

Lastly as I said before you can't change a grind mmorpg into something else that won't work.

I understand you just want to be on an equal level with other people but then you need to put more efford into it. Your "dream-dbo" doesn't exist and won't exist. I'm 100% sure you also know it but for some reason you are still flaming here, "Make everything easy".

Then those people that spent "stupidly long" time into grinding will just get best gear in a few weeks. What will we have then? Ah right a server where every good player runs around with +15 and "people who have a life" can run around with +12. I think you don't understand the concept of an online game. You never balance your game looking into the majority of your playerbase. You always look at the good ones because after some time everyone will be good and at that point the game will die.

"I have schooling. I'm majoring in Biology and have to devote a large portion of my time actually studying for exams, instead of playing video-games covered in Cheeto's crumbs and drinking mountain dew all day. I have responsibilities to my friends and family, I have to make sure my GPA stays above a certain range, I have to ensure that I have time to look for internship opportunities, etc.",

welcome in life that's how it is for all of us. But if you want something then you need to give up something else if you don't have the time for it.

• So you are saying because you lack the experience and time

Whoah whoah lets slow down there. Experience? I've been a player since KR and have witnessed the evolution of this game from the beginning. Regarding time: Yes, because unlike you basement dwelling person, I don't have time to devote my life to a silly game. I have school, relationships, I have to care for my family. I know you don't know what these things are, but I can assure you that they're far more important than any videogame. Its called having a life.

Because you hate others better than you are investing more time to be better then you you call them no lifers?

If you have to sacrifice your entire life to play a videogame with broken systems, and actively espouse it, then yes you have no life.

As to hating them? I don't hate you, I pity you. Its sad that you play games instead of going outside of your basement, dating someone, meeting new people, travelling, maybe getting a job, going back to school, do something that doesn't involve being by your computer all day.

. You want to enjoy the game? How about enjoy tmq 1-6 or uds instead of plat?

What do you think I've been doing? Its still boring considering you farm and make no progress doing these activities. In the time it takes to find a party that doesn't wipe, and get good gear, I could finish 5 dungeons on ESO, level up several times, and still have time to study and care for my family.

Lastly as I said before you can't change a grind mmorpg into something else that won't work.

If you'd bothered to read anything I said, you'd know that I'm not trying to argue that it SHOULD be anything else. I'm just saying that the grind, in its current state, is terribly broken and unfair for players who cannot devote 6 hours a day to grinding. What part of this is so difficult to comprehend? Can you step outside your basement and realize that people cannot play videogames all day long?

welcome in life that's how it is for all of us. But if you want something then you need to give up something else if you don't have the time for it.

lol lets not pretend you have a life to speak of when you forgo responsibilities. Did you seriously just admit that you should give up schooling, taking care of family, maintaining responsibilities, to play videogames? Case in Point, you sir have proven that you have no judgement. The moment you openly admit that videogames are more important than these things, you've admitted you have no life.

• So, everything you just wrote points that you want it easy and fast, but for some reason it appears that you don't like to be placed amongst those players. You wouldn't need to worry about keeping up with the basement specimens and would be able to focus on your social responsibilities in a high rate server.

PS: Leave my mountain dew out of this.

• So, everything you just wrote points that you want it easy and fast,

lol exactly what I meant. You argue and argue, but in a community filled with such (and I dont mean to be insulting, but what else could you call people who obviously dont even care and just thoughtlessly reply) stupid people, it doesn't really matter. It shows that you didnt read what I say, (dunno if its because you lack reading comprehension above a 2nd grade level, or because you're just rude) so why bother responding? You only make yourself look bad.

You wouldn't need to worry about keeping up with the basement specimens and would be able to focus on your social responsibilities in a high rate server.

PS: Leave my mountain dew out of this.

Lol you guys outright admit that you're NEETs. Its sad.

(in case ya didn't know: NEET = Not in Education, Employment, or Training of any kind)

• If you have to sacrifice your entire life to play a videogame with broken systems, and actively espouse it, then yes you have no life.

just lol I said it here in the forum alot of times. Until a few months ago I was going to the university every day and was working 4-6 hours after it every day even on saturdays (only working on that day). I still managed to go outside with my friends learn for university and visit my family regularly. And still I was one of the top players in the game. But yeah everyone who is better then you or overcome harder obstacles then you is a "no lifer"

Also if you want to be one of the top players then yes you need to sacrifice more than others that's, how life works. But how about living in the "lower level" of the game? Just let the good players who spent more time into the game have +10 +12 and you +6-+8. Make sense?

What part of this is so difficult to comprehend? Can you step outside your basement and realize that people cannot play videogames all day long?

Just lol no one forces you to play a grind mmorpg. Some love it and some not but this game is a grind mmorpg. It was design, developed and released as one. Someone who spents more time into the game should be better than others. That's simple. With your logic people who spent alot of time into the game would have +15 after just a short amount of time and people like you who has "a life" would spent a few months for it. How about no? Let a grind mmorpg be a grind mmorpg. If you don't want to play a grind mmorpg you need to play another game not try to change the game itself like the dbog team did. The outcome is just clear: a game who is much worse than dbo tw.

Did you seriously just admit that you should give up schooling, taking care of family, maintaining responsibilities, to play videogames?

10 IQ? If you don't have the time to play games then don't do it. Even when you are a student and have exams and a family to take care of and no time. JUST FKING QUIT PLAYING GAMES. But hey "no time, alot of responsibilites" and still coming here in this forum flaming how bad dbo is and how good eso is. Just lol.

We are trying to find a solution for this game. Instead of crying and comparing it to another game make logical suggestions how to improve the game WITH THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME and not your own "life". This game was not designed for you.

• But yeah everyone who is better then you or overcome harder obstacles then you is a "no lifer"

Also if you want to be one of the top players then yes you need to sacrifice more than others that's, how life works. But how about living in the "lower level" of the game? Just let the good players who spent more time into the game have +10 +12 and you +6-+8. Make sense?

Here's the thing: I don't wanna be one of the top players in the game, I just want to enjoy it. Believe me, if I were allowed to enjoy the content in this game then it would be a nonissue, but metagame content demands maxxed out gear to even compete, which leads to the farming problems. If gameplay is limited to loops of grinding until you can only just barely participate in end-game content, then something's very wrong. When you need to farm for 50 hours just to get +10 gear necessary for only more farming, then I'd rather use my time for something better.

Let a grind mmorpg be a grind mmorpg. If you don't want to play a grind mmorpg you need to play another game not try to change the game itself like the dbog team did

I'm not trying to change the game, as I'm typing this for the third time today, what part don't you understand? I'm saying that the grind is outrageous, and offers no stimulating experience. When you tell me to play other games, don't get me wrong- I literally am. Because coming back here is just a disappointment. You speak for the minority, whereas the game in its current state is dying, and nothing's being done to change it. The core of this games' problems involve time management, and the lack of availability of content. Players are leaving because they don't have time to play such a broken mess. And if the game fails to adapt, then it will die. Even hardcore players such as yourself are leaving. So what's to say now?

I like to believe that I represent the majority of the community who's fed up with these issues. The moment the community loses players who want to try and fix it in spite of its issues, the game's fate is sealed. So sure, leave the game as it is, but only if you want it to die

• Here's the thing: I don't wanna be one of the top players in the game, I just want to enjoy it. Believe me, if I were allowed to enjoy the content in this game then it would be a nonissue, but metagame content demands maxxed out gear to even compete, which leads to the farming problems. If gameplay is limited to loops of grinding until you can only just barely participate in end-game content, then something's very wrong. When you need to farm for 50 hours just to get +10 gear necessary for only more farming, then I'd rather use my time for something better.

Just as an info: I hope you know that the only end-game content that this game provides is cc dungeon which is actually pretty useless.

Many people are leaving this game because of many reasons:

• bans
    • unbalanced pvp
    • they realized that this game has no end content
    • not enough updates
    • disappointed with gms, admins
    • pve: no parties to play with

I know now you will say see how bad dbo is. Yes it's a bad game but some guys still love it. There is no need to make it even worse. I would say let's go 10 steps back (back to the state as it was on tw) and start balancing from there. On tw we also had botter and hackers but the economy and the game experience was never this bad as it is in dbog. You could do tmq 3 - 4 for months and it still was fun. At least from that point on we should making this game more fun (not more easy).

• I would say let's go 10 steps back (back to the state as it was on tw) and start balancing from there. On tw we also had botter and hackers but the economy and the game experience was never this bad as it is in dbog. You could do tmq 3 - 4 for months and it still was fun. At least from that point on we should making this game more fun (not more easy).

Alright, good Idea but the question is how we go about that? Because farming is not fun. Having to do nothing but farm stones and grind thoughtlessly for zeni is not fun. So what's your idea of fun? Having to grind up characters is also un fun, (45-55 grind being literal hell), so what solutions do you propose?

There are multiple ways to improve the grind without extending it. I care about progress. Nothing is more heartbreaking than saving 100 stones and having nothing to show for it. I'm fine with making boxes more rare, stones even rarer, even bringing back broken items back, but only if this makes progressing more likely.

You say you want boxes harder to get, so what about making them more usable? Make them 20x harder to get, but in exchange make it so they give better properties and remove some of the more useless ones. I'd be fine with that, because it meant that once you get a box its actually worth something.

You say you want to remove crafting, but how about just buffing non-crafted gear? Making it so that crafted gear can still be useful, but players who go above and beyond and farm TMQ gear are even more powerful?

You say you want stones to be rarer? I'm fine with that, but only if it means that stones are more likely to improve your armor. Improve the odds, but also make the stones harder to find, at least it guarantees progress by encouraging play.

So what do you think of these ideas?

• It wont change anything as long as there's no wipe + hacks protection system.

Hackers already got all, regular player will have even harder

• You say you want boxes harder to get, so what about making them more usable? Make them 20x harder to get, but in exchange make it so they give better properties and remove some of the more useless ones. I'd be fine with that, because it meant that once you get a box its actually worth something.

The question is just how hard will it be to get the stat you want at the end. Let's say you need 50 boxes right now for the right effect and you need to farm 10h for it. With this change you will only get 2 boxes in 10h and will get the right effect with 3 boxes. Then I would say no. My problem with boxes is that they make doing dungeons irrelevant. You just take 1 gear and start boxing.

You say you want to remove crafting, but how about just buffing non-crafted gear? Making it so that crafted gear can still be useful, but players who go above and beyond and farm TMQ gear are even more powerful?

Idea behind removing crafting was the same as above. They are so easy to get even if you lower their stats a bit, they make dungeons totally useless. No one would spent their time doing a dungeon alot of times just to get maybe 100 more defense. The problem is that gear has a defense value of around 600-900 on one stat. So if you make craft armor -100 less people won't care and still use craft because it's easier to get. If you make it -200 people will just ignore crafting and it will be the same as it is non existed.

You say you want stones to be rarer? I'm fine with that, but only if it means that stones are more likely to improve your armor. Improve the odds, but also make the stones harder to find, at least it guarantees progress by encouraging play.

Same with boxes. If good people won't get +13-+15 gear in just a few months (starting from lvl 1) it's fine.

These ideas are not bad people will not be so frustrated but the progress needs to be adjusted. People shouldn't finish their end-gear within a few months.

All numbers are just an example, did not look them up (to lazy).

• It wont change anything as long as there's no wipe + hacks protection system.

Hackers already got all, regular player will have even harder

As far as I know Daneos will do something about hackers / botters with the new client but I'm not sure about a wipe. I think he won't wipe the game but maybe still do something like he did with the u70 stones.

Sadly he is investing his whole time into the new client so we don't get much informations. GMs and Mods are just here to ban people nothing else. They also don't know much about Daneos work.

What the dbog team is missing the most is the teamwork (wanted to say this).

• Bringing back +10 upgrade tickets would help for those who have a 'life' and don't have time to play kmmorpg. Another problem for them would be the issue to buy them, because they don't have time again to grind for zeni in a game which is based for grinding. In conclusion making it easy for everyone, would seem unfair for players who actually devote some of their time to obtain better equipment than players who login only for few hours.

This server should not become a pvp private server in which you can gear up quickly without spending much time.

• The question is just how hard will it be to get the stat you want at the end. Let's say you need 50 boxes right now for the right effect and you need to farm 10h for it. With this change you will only get 2 boxes in 10h and will get the right effect with 3 boxes.

What about if currently it takes 10 hours to farm 50 boxes, then we change it so it takes 20-30 hours to get 10, and the odds are adjusted to be more in your favor? This acts as a compromise so you still have to work harder to get gear.

They are so easy to get even if you lower their stats a bit, they make dungeons totally useless. No one would spent their time doing a dungeon alot of times just to get maybe 100 more defense.

What if they didn't only have 100 more defense? What if they were buffed? And had 2-300 more defense, and maybe even add a bonus, say if you have TMQ armor, the chances of upgrade are boosted by 5% or something. Give people an incentive to farm for it, and decrease its droprate to compensate for it. Also make it so that the stats on it can be much much much greater, right now max CON is 24, say that on a TMQ gear, Con would be 34+

That is to say, make TMQ gear more powerful, but don't make it Overpowered. A metagame should rely on skill not time spent grinding. So you can still compete, but you need to have more skill to still win.

• You would be right if this game would be skill based. If everyone has +15 you will mostly see dice games in budo (even right now many fights depends on dice) and the game is still not balanced enough that you could win with skill alone.

Simply remove timer or increase it on budokai and ranked.

Sure ranked will be harder and longer, but you can win if you kill someone or if you ring out him.

And about upgrade system without RNG, it is simple, make it hard.

Easy to get +10 for armor and +12 for weapons and above hard with tons of stones.

I don't mind that +11 cost for armor 500 advanced stones or more, or +13 for weapons 1000 stones or more.

After all, you will need tons of them and I am sure everyone will focus on other parts of gear instead of just one and +15 will be rare.

+15 you will see after 6 months this way and those who have it, they indeed earn it.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Simply remove timer or increase it on budokai and ranked.

Problem are the pots. The S Hp pot has a cd of 1min and senzu + autopot 2mins. So if you time your pots correctly someone who did not die until timeout wouldn't even die if the game would go on for 5mins or 10mins. Also the only classes in budo that do dmg are fighter and sk. But even a fighter has problems against dw, sk, ulti, grandma.

Buffers can't be killed, same for sks (except from karmas but they will probably get nerfed).

• DBO tw already died. I do not want tw back, I want a better game. Tw for me it was crap. The horrible upgrade, the horrible dungeons to wear, the horrible party to compose and equip yourself with a crazy task. No thanks, I do not want Tw. For my being still dead, it looks so nice. Now that the server offers a little more ease, I'm happy to play it.

By the way, you mentioned that you did not like the competitive one, so I do not know why you are so annoying that the +15 is easy to achieve. It's enough to have a +12 to play the PvE, so I do not see the problem that many others upgrade to the maximum with relative ease. (People who focus more on PvP).

And you mention that you want it to be like in Tw (What madness), but you want to take out the craft and put new things that were not in Tw. As I told you above, Tw died and it was for something. The game was innovative at the time, that's why people played it, but put in these times the same game as before? You are going to play it alone, mate. LOL.

• Problem are the pots. The S Hp pot has a cd of 1min and senzu + autopot 2mins. So if you time your pots correctly someone who did not die until timeout wouldn't even die if the game would go on for 5mins or 10mins. Also the only classes in budo that do dmg are fighter and sk. But even a fighter has problems against dw, sk, ulti, grandma.

Buffers can't be killed, same for sks (except from karmas but they will probably get nerfed).

Yeah I guess that is tricky but that is why where "balance" come in play.

Classes you can't kill, you ring out them - Rules of Budokai and ranked

Right now I don't know what system should replace Dice since it is stupid, maybe disable all healing items in last min or if it is extended more, disable them in last 2-3 min.

Only problem with this would be healers since they can gain full HP in np but as long you can time your attacks right, combo chain them, it wouldn't be problem.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Here you are wrong. Worse than DBO tw? TW had events, yes, because it had a company and could afford to make events every so often for users. It was official, therefore it had and we received the things of an official game (Not of a private servant). But ... TW Better? JAJAJAJAJAJAJA. You could not even load Cash, only the Chinese enjoyed that benefit. And when that market expanded illegally, the game died. That's your favorite game, apparently.

Now we can not access the Cash, we can also have a slight facility in getting things that in the previous game was simply impossible for many. The upgrade system was absurd, it was taken out of the MU, because even today there is some mmorpg that maintains that upgrade system. Those who bill millions and have the largest community of MMO gamers, have a relatively easy upgrade system. (Let's see Elsword, let's see Aura Kingdom, Blade and Soul ... Tell me which of those make you suffer by upgrading items).

Now, all those who once played Tw and who are now here, are great people. People with obligations, people with a life. I do not care what it costs me to get a good team, if it's a long time or if it's a little bit. I do not have time to play and I do not intend to neglect life to achieve anything. (And many of this community think the same thing) So I prefer it to be a simple game, to continue playing without having to abandon anything. Because otherwise (and I speak for many, especially in Spanish) I would have two options:

-Charge in cash that is a crazy price.
    -Stop playing.

To add and finish. If you want to have a game that does not die and that attracts new players, you must adapt to the current time of the MMO and the type of players that there are. DBZ is an attractive subject for children and adolescents between 18 - 20 years. In these ages nobody is interested in playing MMO genres where getting things is difficult. They have better games of this theme where it is not and there are better DBZ games where you can waste your time. When this game adapts to that community, perhaps and not die ... For the desire to keep only old people, old school, who played for hours and loved the difficulty.

There are two things that can be done to improve the game. More events for the community, that new users feel accompanied by old players. Because we are sincere, you do not help anyone who has just started, they only seek their own benefit. And keep the game with a difficulty, but that does not stop being attractive for children and adolescents. More publicity, more welcome gifts to the new ones. Catch them and that the game forces them to stay, not that they end up scare and there are only old TW players ... That many already do not even play.

And how to do it? Well, there are many private servers of many games that to gain popularity and attract the attention of new public, even use pages where you vote to go up in the ranking. Each vote gives you a certain amount (Small) of Cash Point, that people who can not acquire because they are minors or do not have enough income, can use.

Incorporate appearances and aesthetics of the super saga, incorporate aesthetics of other very popular sagas. Make this a family game, where everyone is included and have fun. Complicated, not difficult. Neither that easy as a MU now with drop of x999999 exp. But it can be attractive for new players.

Stop thinking about TW, stop living in the past in a game that has already died and will not return. And think that there is only this BOD and that you need new players, not old school players.

• Calling ppl that are into farming a lot no lifers, basement kids, not having jobs etc. is just a lazy answer. Just like the way you guys play: LAZY!

So go eat sh*t :)

The facts are clear. You see the state of the game. Can't deny that it sucks hard. It sucks harder than the original game. And that means a lot if you ask me...lol. Daneos should've brought the game back and just worked on class balance tbh. Changing ingame part too much f*cked it hard. The lvl 70 patch together with new client might bring help when it comes to bots etc. but won't solve ingame problems. The damage is huge and it will be either the same in 70 cap or even worse. Personally i tend to worse. Many players will get end game sh*t fast, too fast actually and easy. (tons of boxes in the game son. F*ck that xD) A lot of +12 - +15 again. And it'll be boring xD

Now in order to make sure that this scenario won't happen, the suggestions of Dreamer are literally the best counter. Change the game back to how it was originally, a little change here and there so it won't be too easy to get +12 or more and work on class balance only until it's good enough for everyone. Then do little changes here and there. But nothing that'll result in what we have now. This game is a farming based game. We used to farm for the good sh*t. The game was meant to be like that. It just got changed to milk more money, thus it got ruined. Gotta go back to the roots!

People that accuse others, who want the game to be harder and taking more time, as no lifer etc. are just plain idiots. F*ck yall.

That's life. You either can find time to enjoy something or not and keep on doing your daily life things. Can't have everything. I am one of the ppl, that really really wants the suggestions made by Dreamer on this Thread to happen. I got sh*t to do too. Just like everyone else who keeps insulting others as no-lifer. But i can manage to find enough time to play it. If you can't find enough time well then sorry but you gotta stop playing. There are millions of ppl who can't play a game cuz they can't find the time. You're not the only ones lmao.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!