How many people play this daily?

• It's not a secret the game has been decaying. Many people wonder if this game still has a future and keep arguing how to make it better.

For me, I just want to know 1 thing: The approximate number of people who play daily. I don't mean the amount of characters, or people playing 10 accounts at the same time. I'd like to know the actual number based on IP or whatever you use to track it.

This way we can know if this game will survive the following month or year as playerbase is a huge important factor.

• Honestly, I've been thinking about this a lot aswell lately. I returned to the game after months of being away from DBO, and I noticed the incredible drop of playerbase.

Majority of the playerbase probably will return as DBO most of us know is DBO with level 70 cap, and 60 is a massive failure as of now in terms of content. It's basically a lv55 cap with having more speed and better armors / weapons / accessories + 1 TMQ +1 UD.

I've been checking the channel panel quite often recently and there been times when a channel was COMPLETELY empty, but channel 0 (main channel) always seems to have atleast a quarter filled, so assuming the channels are for 500 players, we can safely assume that 125 players are online at a time, now adding up the other channels too, i'd say 250-300 probably.

Rest is really just a plus/minus thing, as a staff member will probably not disclose how many players are online from different IPs, but if I had to take a wild guess, it would be 170-190 unique players.

That is a MASSIVE drop, even compared to pre-open beta, which was another shi*fest.

• Honestly, I've been thinking about this a lot aswell lately. I returned to the game after months of being away from DBO, and I noticed the incredible drop of playerbase.

Majority of the playerbase probably will return as DBO most of us know is DBO with level 70 cap, and 60 is a massive failure as of now in terms of content. It's basically a lv55 cap with having more speed and better armors / weapons / accessories + 1 TMQ +1 UD

I believe that the current state of the game predicts it's future aswell. In the worst scenario possible (that seems likely to happen) people will come again with 70 cap and then leave. We still aren't sure what will come with the new client, will it be successful or a complete failure? But what does DBO offers as a game is reflected by it's current state, that's what I believe.

I've been checking the channel panel quite often recently and there been times when a channel was COMPLETELY empty, but channel 0 (main channel) always seems to have atleast a quarter filled, so assuming the channels are for 500 players, we can safely assume that 125 players are online at a time, now adding up the other channels too, i'd say 250-300 probably.

Rest is really just a plus/minus thing, as a staff member will probably not disclose how many players are online from different IPs, but if I had to take a wild guess, it would be 170-190 unique players.

That is a MASSIVE drop, even compared to pre-open beta, which was another shi*fest.

That's a good guess. It's really something to worry about.

• It's not a secret the game has been decaying. Many people wonder if this game still has a future and keep arguing how to make it better.

For me, I just want to know 1 thing: The approximate number of people who play daily. I don't mean the amount of characters, or people playing 10 accounts at the same time. I'd like to know the actual number based on IP or whatever you use to track it.

This way we can know if this game will survive the following month or year as playerbase is a huge important factor.

How do you get those gifs below your txts like that?

• You guys forget about people who run their alts.

Most of them run 3-4 alts to buff their mains but yea around 150 give or take.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!