Regarding Balance and cap70

• Note1: this is an "in depth" opinion, if you really want to help the game read the whole post and comment your opinion respectfully :)

Note2: beign as objective as possible, these are only suggestions and i dont know how the "balance team" work (there is not as much transparency as many players would like in this area).

New client + cap70 around the corner, this is a great opportunity to improve the already good job the staff have made.

Make a "balance plan" seeing the big picture and thinking long term.

With this i mean doing what retail dbo did back then. They realised that both poko and karma were literally dead classes (before cap 70 attack speed was a troll).

So instead of creating broken skills for them, they created an enviroment where those classes performs at the top level. End game dungeons (BIDS and cc150) are all exact the same way, a small group of mobs at start (attack speed buffs comes with movement speed buff so the party can group them faster and safer and the buffer spin aoe damage becomes insane), then a boss with huge lp pool (attack speed excels at single target dps), and finnally, these bosses also are 95% melee range with medium to low damage (this enable the team to have only 1 member who tanks the boss while the rest of the team is doing damage safely, easy ep rebuff, easy attack speed rebuff, easy aoe healing).

From time to time bosses have some kind of reflect buff just to try to make these more "challenging" but you can stop attacking and thats it.

The point is retail dbo achieved their goal, they made poko and karma very useful classes, i didnt like that balance but i am trying to be objective, a couple of months later servers closed so we dont know what were the next steps in the balance area.

Regarding dbog:

PvE:

Everyone who plays or played the game this cap would agree with the fact that every non "attack speed party" class is suffering from this balance (more than half of the available classes in the game).

I dont want to go back to the "old good days" thats not the solution either, i am not suggesting nerfing speed or buffing critic damage.

We should be able to have a balance where every class have a "viable" way to obtain end game gear enjoying the end game content.

I want to create another enviroment where we can have more flexibility with the party members. Whatever alternative you consider the best to point the game's balance direction. You can be creative, a couple examples (these are just illustrative examples with few thinking):

Attacking from behind meta:

Groups of mobs/bosses with long range and aoe but if you are behind them you can dps safely (melee dps can participate). Also some bosses can have long duration buffs like "Recover 300% lp recieved from auto attacks/Decrease defense by 150% when recieving damage from behind". Multiple bosses (around 10-15) at the same time, and you have to kill them all (unlike 95f), this would require a good geared tank and good supports classes to keep the party safe.

DotS meta:

Big groups of mobs with low hp but insanely high defenses (dots ignore defense), Bosses stages where you face bosses and bombs, the boss has the ability to cc the entire party for a very long time no matter the range or position but they also paralyze themselves (like the freeze skill from cranes), when that happens the bombs start to cast , if the bombs dont die from dot damage fast then the bombs finish the cast and you die. The bombs are invincble until the boss use his cc skill, but you can use all your dots before so when everyone is under cc the dot damage starts to apply to the bombs. (this skill from the boss could not be reduced with accesories).

Speed buffs also give movement speed, maybe crit rate or %crit damage buffs should also give another useful stat for this kind of meta like cooldown reduction? Electrical Discharge (Plasma electric field buff) adding the stat "Increase damage dealt by DoTs by X%" while the buff is active? Again these are quick examples that try to create enviroments for useless pve classes. I dont want to ruin speed, Having different end game dungeons so your class can be useful in at least one of them. Maybe one quick dungeon with a timer where you are not allowed to buff yourself and you need to kill a boss extremely fast (this one is to include only a tank and the rest full dps, with a healer you wont be able to kill the boss fast enough). I am not pretending to create new dungeons, just tweaking the ones that will be useless in cap70 (ud 4, ud5, ud6, nuke land, tmq2, tmq3, and a few more that i dont remeber the names).

PvP:

The current situtation is ruining the game, i really dont know if the formulas are wrong or some skills are too op for pvp.

Whatever the reason is, we need to solve this. Lets be honest, 90% of every party budokai fight is decided in the first 10 seconds. The first kame or needle who crits the enemy dps is game over.

We can discuss if popo revive should or shouldnt exist in pvp but it is ridiculous how retarded this system is.

Again, i am not suggesting please nerf crit damages, i dont think it is that easy to fix.

Maybe introducing anticritic as a viable stat you can stable the fight, and if everyone gears with anticritic then other classes who doesnt rely on crit to deal damage can be viable in pvp.

The most important thing imo is that we should be seeing the big picture, setting balance goals (i am not trying to define those goals, balance team have smart ppl to do that) and balance the game acording to those goals.

Inform those goals to the community and in the patch notes explain briefly how those changes are helping to achieve the goals.

Isolated changes like buff X class or nerf Y stat are not the way to go, you are losing control of the game's balance when you do that.

Thanks for the staff for the great job so far and if you need help with anything pm me on discord. :thumbup:

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!