Balance & Changes - Turtle & Crane

• only 15 seconds is availabe to cranes it gives minor time to prep for turtle, but not too much time to give turtle no chance of recovery. This doesnt nerf turtles or buff turtles in a way that will make them too good against classes that they have advantages against already

then how charge suficient rp in 15 seconds vs other characters?

only if the cranes have book like turtles.

or buff with rp regeneration.

• if all help turtles to defeat cranes, the cranes need help to pass preliminars in budokai, the style of cranes its imposible.

turtles always have all credit.

check the results: https://dboglobal.to/ranking

cant see cranes in party and solo, and this is only on pvp.

cranes cant defeat karmas, similar that turtles vs cranes. but in karma its 90% win karmas.

In pve:

turtles always get better opportunities for equip. i have suficient evidence.

• yes, the turttles have all rp in 1second, have better damage, and have direct stuns for defeat all clases.

turtles can use rp regeneration like cranes. book its very op. why cranes not have the same?.

That's why I suggest this to help the cranes. Since the turtles have their book.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/3158/

EP Recovery:

That only give 1 RP ball / 2RP ball / 3RP ball. But with a CD of 60/55/45 and making it impossible to reduce the CD so they wouldn’t spam it. This will only influence the builds for the spiritists in budokai (since the turtles would have their book) and would greatly help the Cranes, since they need their RP to fight properly in the PVP.

• if all help turtles to defeat cranes, the cranes need help to pass preliminars in budokai, the style of cranes its imposible.

cranes cant defeat karmas, similar that turtles vs cranes. but in karma its 90% win karmas.

you make a valid point with budokai prelims and crane vs karma.

budokai prelims 1v1 do not favor cranes, dendes, swordsmen, pokos, chefs, ultimates, dark warrior, karma, plasma, only 3 classes thrive turtle, sk and fighter. The rest can get in with dojo seed. This is an inherent mechanic. now with the new client comming out maybe it be possible to add ring outs to score points as well inprelims, this would help classes like crane and swordsmen. sadly this would not help the other classes i listed above. the prelims mechanic may need to be change or removed for a better system but i dont know daneos limitation with new client only time can tell.

karmas vs cranes is a different problem compared to cranes vs turtles. The inherent problem with crane v turtle is that cranes are guarranteed 20+ seconds of prep time with sleep since they can get the first stun.the inherent problem of karma to most squishy dps players is the ability to instant stun then skill lock for the remainder of the match. these are karma moves that are necessary to defeat tanks.

if per say a skill lock reduction move was given to crane it affects not just karma but turtle as well, turtle a class that struggles against crane.

crane is not the only class that struggles with karma, you could try nerfing ultimate shout skill but this affects plasma (the worst pvp 1v1 class in the game in my opinion) i believethe inherent problem of karmas brokenness lies with karma not crane. I can summarize 2 possible solutions .

1.easiest one is to make shout skill 45m a plasma only move and removing shadow knights immunity to confusion, this way karmas will have to get 35m to cast confusion which can be counter with gears. the 35m range alouds cranes to cast speed restrain, and try keep the fight far away as possible out of the range of hesistation. this idea would help turtles as well since they suffer from similar issues against karma! this will hurt karma extremely against sks thou a class they have trouble with since sks have immuned to confusion and will guaranteed get the first stun off. so another change would be needed in this time sk r (removing immunity to confusion. this idea is terribly messy and involves changes 2 skills but doable.

2. change the mechanics of skill lock. this skill is abudantly the problem that dps class have with karma. but its a needed skill against tanks. so duration nerf will not help karma because there counter class will shit on them even more. to be honest i cant see a viable solution to skill lock changes without nuttering them against tanks.

Foolish people will say change resistance to favor the resistance classes but honestly that only will favor fighter and ultimate majin and will make all other classes weaker. keep resistance and % resistance items capped as is.

• forgive me dbog team but I have to double post dont remove!

nerf that 100% slow combo a little bit, movespeed items should counter it.

with due respect at level 70 cap movement speed boots, ccbd titles and dogi ball items can nutter movement speed pretty easly.

ultimates can remove the debuff.

best way to aviod this combo is to stun first and get medium range (15-25m) to the target . remember spiritualist dont have true stuns at long ranges and will not get the first move off on a distance stunner.

no, slow its very important for cranes, you only want that crane be trash, because you use swordman or fighter.

marital artist have abilities that also increase the movement speed to help counter the effects. in 70s cap they will have little problem dealing with spirtualist slow jajaja. they can use invincibilty if timed right to counter the incoming sleep as well jajaja then its gg

• This thread has enough proof on why some of the top players that main their class should NOT be in charge of balancing their respective classes. They don't state out anything that might be wrong with their class. Its those players that do not play the class, that have to fight AGAINST them that knows what is to be nerfed. The only thing these people that main the class do is just stating buffs. "HEY! I want this to be stronger so I can feel better about myself. HEY! How about buff that, and that, and THAT! But..don't nerf a single thing, as my class is the WEAKEST." I won't give any feedback about any balancing as I don't believe my Ideas of either nerfing or buffing will actually benefit. Its better to leave it to the PROS that actually know whats up, those people that spend their time pvping 24/7.

• This thread has enough proof on why some of the top players that main their class should NOT be in charge of balancing their respective classes. They don't state out anything that might be wrong with their class. Its those players that do not play the class, that have to fight AGAINST them that knows what is to be nerfed. The only thing these people that main the class do is just stating buffs. "HEY! I want this to be stronger so I can feel better about myself. HEY! How about buff that, and that, and THAT! But..don't nerf a single thing, as my class is the WEAKEST." I won't give any feedback about any balancing as I don't believe my Ideas of either nerfing or buffing will actually benefit. Its better to leave it to the PROS that actually know whats up, those people that spend their time pvping 24/7.

Let people post what they want that's what dbog staff wants. But you're right about everyone wants their class to be better.

• Make spirit wave and same stuns like confusion of crane etc. to be able to cast it without using poison etc. Would fix this class vs shadow knights and swordsmans.

Then you could increase hypnosis cast time so it could be counter able by turtles rod strike with kd. Remove movement speed reduction from one of the crane hermit fan out m. Fan. So it would let all classes to move a bit. Same with turtle cuz he aswell can spam kd.

check my post on page 1 please I did suggest nerfs to crane freeze and sleep(not a major one to sleep tbh). not all of us are one sided ponies.

I even suggested a balance to help turtles compete with cranes since cranes have advantage over turtles that suggestion doesnt weaken any other class :)

That is both true and false. No one's in charge here, just exchanging ideas. The reason why "nerf" suggestions is not a common subject here, is because those classes rationally need slight improvements, the reasonable and logical ones. Particularly the buffs that both classes have, the ones that don't provide anything remotely useful. When you change something on a class, you have to test it. You can't suggest nerfs without knowing what major changes will be released in the first place. You either start with weakening the class, or improving it. After testing the changes, it becomes more clear whether the old nerfs are still necessary or perhaps new ones appear. Going for both too much at the same time will cause a literal mess. Look at a fighter, he got significant boosts without the community's influence. He was only a bit weakened after those changes. Improving turtle's consecutive discs will actually weaken cranes a.k.a make it possible for them to stand a decent chance. And there's more than that. Many people just tend to give illogically straightforward boons and focus on a single game mode, pvp. They also fail to see or ignore the reasons why those classes truly struggle, therefore their ideas might seem more about personal desires.

This thread is obviously not a club of fan desires so none of these suggestions are actually definite. Just ideas to start with. Those who are specifically responsible for balance will be the ones considering and expanding them anyway. If they're still planning on adjusting every single class, then those who have a "main" they hold precious will have to be patient. I didn't dedicate myself to a single class at all when I played this, so glad.

Fyi, there's more than one game mode guys.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!