Fixing the game

• Hi.

I know there are countless threads suggesting that the game is either unbalanced, or corrupt, or dead, or sh*t, or any other word that defines a bad game.

Honestly I feel like as the current state of this game, there is only so much we can do, so it would make sense if we, as a community gave NORMAL suggestions on fixing the game.

First and foremost, let me pin this, this thread is made ONLY and ONLY for suggestions, i don't care how bored you are, i don't care how much you hate the game, I don't care how much you cashed and you are +0 because upgrade system.

Let's start with the Cash Shop rework that my friend Kakarot made, it's an awesome thread, Click to read and give a suggestion

I personally feel like these changes should be applied for cash shop :

- Add another wagu machine that is for general usage, like 200% exp boost capsule as top reward (1-69, 5 per capsule, all tradable) or autopot packs, anything.

- COMPLETELY remove common dogis. wings, halos from wagu machine and them as purchasable item for Cash points like it was in Pre-open at first.

- Keep the first wagu machine, but make it have rare dogis at top rewards, 10th place being gothic dogi, 1st place cowboy, or something along those lines, having f*cking doctor autist dogi makes no sense, nobody wants that.

- Keep brown boxes in a wagu machine along with dogi balls, but reduce the amount you get and increase the chance of getting them, so cashers who don't farm can still get the desired stats.

To justify the points that delusional people will have regarding dogis not being in wagu anymore. Nobody gives a f*ck if dogi prices drop or raise, because the people who make money reselling dogis only make money, because the supply and demand meta is strongly being abused, when a cowboy dogi literally worth more than a +15 lv60 item, and its A COSTUME, NOTHING MORE, there's a problem. Market at the current state of the game is dead, the last thing you need to care about is market, because if there is no donation for a FAIR CASH SHOP, there is no server, no server means no game, meaning your market is non existent. In order to please the players, the players ATLEAST should have their free choice whether they want to gamble their cash points, or simply buy a dogi and a wing to use. Enforcing gambling is also highly illegal, bare in mind.

Second, communication.

- Insane amount of people have left the game because we feel like we are treated badly as players, that we are being misled because the promises we got are by far different from what we are getting. We were promised to have a word on possible updates, we were promised to have this and that, but nothing came to us so far, and it's nearly been 3 years since this project started. We have at this point less players than retail DBO had when the official shutdown was announced, and that says a lot. Either give people the option to have a word on what should be next, or be open and openly say that our word doesn't matter, keeping us in the dark will only make us not trust any of the staff members, and as you already know, most of us feel this way because of the lack of communication we get.

- Make a team of people from each classes who are considered expert, no pvp sh*t, no cc sh*t, actual experience, years of using the class, knowing what and how, and let those people TEST the updates that the balancement team agrees on. It literally only means that expert players who have game knowledge could test if there are flaws with the potential update, it won't hurt anyone.

- Stop hosting that stupid honey bee event, we get the same events over and over and over (don't come with the free dogi events, like, don't) and it's getting repetitive and boring. You could make so many events, Aru used to make events and people LOVED those, bring the guy back to give ideas, he's a topnotch dude about events.

Third, dungeon rewards.

- Having seal coin as drop is good, but it should be a guaranteed drop from the end boss, the item is 250k zeni, it literally takes less than 3 minute on lv60 maps to farm that, Having guaranteed seal coins could help players sell the gears they don't want anymore.

- Add silver - gold chests as mob drop possibility, silver from TMQ5 and above, Gold for lv70, let the chests be opened by keys obtained from token shop, so players will be actually have to play to open the chest.

These chests could hold general goodies, autopots, high tier pet feed, +10 tickets, white stone, dogiball etc.

Fourth, equipment boxes

- Completely remove not needed garbage stats, such as defense rate, burning and bleeding defense on armors, dodgerate on weapons.

- Make it so people have a chance to keep the previous item stat, so players could actually try to make their accessory stat go higher without sacrificing the actual item.

- Since boss event is currently totally dead and happens like once every 1-2 days, i'd suggest temporarily adding 1 box as potential drop reward from TMQ7 or UD5-6, as not everyone can login anytime to do majins, then be lucky enough to get the right timing for boss event.

These are just the ideas that came out of my mind right now, please, i ask all of you who read this, ONLY COMMENT SUGGESTIONS THAT CAN MAKE THE GAME BETTER. Hateful comments will not help the game at all.

We can still save dbo

• I think, to be honest. We can probably make dogis a droppable thing, rather than events. but 5% chance to drop. or less.
    How's getting brown boxes from most TMQ's? I think It might be getting players to get some boxes, since they buy from other people or cash some money to use wagu to get some brown boxes which is pretty almost waste of money.
    I think Brown boxes should be OBTAINED by the tokens.. but not x5 brown boxes.. but x1 boxes.. 2000 tokens each, maybe?
    As for seal coins. I know they drop in UD's almost often on each bosses or end bosses, I personally think they should be rewarded for each group member.(LIke CC)
    We do need better events rather than honey bee event. It's getting little annoying sometimes. I agree with this post 100%.

• I think, to be honest. We can probably make dogis a droppable thing, rather than events. but 5% chance to drop. or less.
    How's getting brown boxes from most TMQ's? I think It might be getting players to get some boxes, since they buy from other people or cash some money to use wagu to get some brown boxes which is pretty almost waste of money.
    I think Brown boxes should be OBTAINED by the tokens.. but not x5 brown boxes.. but x1 boxes.. 2000 tokens each, maybe?
    As for seal coins. I know they drop in UD's almost often on each bosses or end bosses, I personally think they should be rewarded for each group member.(LIke CC)
    We do need better events rather than honey bee event. It's getting little annoying sometimes. I agree with this post 100%.

I personally feel like 2000 tokens for 1 box would be too much, 500 sounds better because 2 can be obtained by having a character online for a day, and since most people box their own accessories (which usually bind) it would help them. Those who work long hours could get the same box amount as he/she would by doing boss event.

5% for a dogi is probably by far too much, let alone the fact that stones have a 0.5% chance (making it less than 0.1% for a green or purple) means that dogis would become way too useless to a point where people would throw them away, same way as they throw away common dogis.

Seal coin for party members is an awesome idea, but could be abused by people who are capable of soloing said dungeon, meaning they'd get 5 times more reward unfairly, while those who are not as strong would have to live with having 1.

• I personally feel like 2000 tokens for 1 box would be too much, 500 sounds better because 2 can be obtained by having a character online for a day, and since most people box their own accessories (which usually bind) it would help them. Those who work long hours could get the same box amount as he/she would by doing boss event.

5% for a dogi is probably by far too much, let alone the fact that stones have a 0.5% chance (making it less than 0.1% for a green or purple) means that dogis would become way too useless to a point where people would throw them away, same way as they throw away common dogis.

Seal coin for party members is an awesome idea, but could be abused by people who are capable of soloing said dungeon, meaning they'd get 5 times more reward unfairly, while those who are not as strong would have to live with having 1.

I agree, I guess having one box per 500 tokens which players gets like 1k tokens a day, depending on their level, right?

I did kinda think that the 5 new dogis have 10% of drop rates in TMQ's, but I think for ANY dogi should be harder to drop and better way to earn it rather than using cash for wagu to get a dogi that you didn't even want or cashed the game when the payment doesn't work anymore.

Well, yeah Seal coins should be obtained for rewards like.. a dungeon coins making the other coins harder to obtain like CC can be hard to get coins, because no one doesn't basically solo CC50, right? How about making seal coins reward after the dungeon, and if someone who's strong enough to solo, unlike UD6 cannnot be soloed, right? That'd be a party requirement right there.

• I don't wanna see DBOG die
    well,Reasons why people leave DBOG

1. Cashier live on edge

2. A lot of lag

3. Classes balance

Solutions:

1. tbh i think the cash shop should be changed,if i want kid clock i need to use wagu machine,for everything wagu machine that cause high price
    if it will be separated i mean almost most of the things should be separated from damn wagu machine.. i dont wanna sound mean but if its possible to decrease a little price of all items from cash shop, it will be good,

2. it doesn't matter how fast PC we use, we all get lag ,and ping system is bad too,i know it is hard to handle alot of ppl in server,its sounds stupid but if u guys can't handle server like this..separate them like for europe and brasil different and blah blah

3. literally classes are too unbalanced fighter =1 hit ,turtles=1 hit......i think nerf all classes lol
    so no battle will end in like 2-3 moves ,so ppl will use strategy to defeat other player

and some other suggestions

i dont like how dragon ball event happen almost everyday...it should be 3 days in a week?
    and honey bee event rarely happen and when it happens, it happens for 5 hours -___-

so if this thing will happen at limited time,the one who doesn't use cash can sell db or honey bee cuz even i don't use cash

and no one always can farm for stones,there must be some more ways through which non cashier can earn zeni

*and if it is possible when we go to upgrade merchant it will auto detect bug or bot..and whoever do +15 a record send to daneos like how much +15 items in server so ppl will not be able to bug +15

and it will be fun if villain from original db/dbz/dbs/dbgt whatever....appears once a month or in two month xD

Anyways thats my Suggestion~~~
    if u find anything good i will be glad :)

• Esdeath should be replaced after all these scandals and if she would have some honor she would left it by herself already, but looks like she dont, community dont trust her anymore, and staff team act like they dont see it, they ban everyone else who did actualy nothing bad while real problem is sitting with white gloves.

Roli when roof is broken here is no sense for buying new furnitures, every change starts with changing the top if not then the other changes are useless.

• Esdeath should be replaced after all these scandals and if she would have some honor she would left it by herself already, but looks like she dont, community dont trust her anymore, and staff team act like they dont see it, they ban everyone else who did actualy nothing bad while real problem is sitting with white gloves.

Roli when roof is broken here is no sense for buying new furnitures, every change starts with changing the top if not then the other changes are useless.

I agree with you in the second part, but the game should not suffer harder than that. We are a community and if Daneos actually cares about the game, he will fix it. Let's just hope that it all turns out to be good in the end.

• The game needs to have something to make people hooked, something that make people comeback.

I know that there will be a surprise coming with the new client. but like Roli said you need to change wagu and cash shop to better.

My suggestions is :

1. Make different difficulties in all dungeons, that would make the game fun not boring. (very hard, nightmare...) but make them 7-10 players can join.
    2. Events thats make us compete together with GMs.
    3. If you would put new items in token shop then increase tokens gained alittle bit.
    4. Make wagu coins obtainable.
    5. Delete commands that creates equipment from GMs.
    6. Work on acheivment system and make it awesome.
    7. Put new rewards in boss event that makes people compete.
    8. Do events like for 2 hours drop rate is increased by certain percentage. Or zeni gained is increased by 300%.
    9. I don't know if you can do this or not, make voice chat in-game.
    10. Remove boxes from cash shop and make it obtainable as a drop, only keys make them in cash shop and token shop.
  • i feel like , what "Daneos" is trying to do currently is , move the game old engine into a new one, so it's alot easier to edit/fix it , and i would assume that's not an easy thing to pull off , so i would Recommend suggestions to be hold off till that happens , maybe they would get view'd at least,

cause i don't think they really taking these fix's/suggestions into consideration right now , but it doesn't hurt to do so i suppose.

• i feel like , what "Daneos" is trying to do currently is , move the game old engine into a new one, so it's alot easier to edit/fix it , and i would assume that's not an easy thing to pull off , so i would Recommend suggestions to be hold off till that happens , maybe they would get view'd at least,

cause i don't think they really taking these fix's/suggestions into consideration right now , but it doesn't hurt to do so i suppose.

Infact not. Fixes and Suggestions are both being carefully considered for the time being, & due to the fact that the game is pretty much at a sensitive state in which any mistake could be of high cost, or is actually since lv. 70 cap is pretty much the last chance I'd say.

Just to make something clear for the community:
    Long story short, organized brainstorming and topics that are vital for the developement of this game are absolutely necessary right now so I'm rather impressed with the amount of concepts/opinions and ideas being put onto spotlight these days, it's just what's best for business and if anything it's also just how promising DBO actually is, given the right management and people with positive mindsets. Toxicity and non-constructive criticism are just not working, unless people would want to experience the 31st October 2013 once again.

Regards,
    Rybo
    DBO G Team.

• The game needs to have something to make people hooked, something that make people comeback.

I know that there will be a surprise coming with the new client. but like Roli said you need to change wagu and cash shop to better.

My suggestions is :

1. Make different difficulties in all dungeons, that would make the game fun not boring. (very hard, nightmare...) but make them 7-10 players can join.
    2. Events thats make us compete together with GMs.
    3. If you would put new items in token shop then increase tokens gained alittle bit.
    4. Make wagu coins obtainable.
    5. Delete commands that creates equipment from GMs.
    6. Work on acheivment system and make it awesome.
    7. Put new rewards in boss event that makes people compete.
    8. Do events like for 2 hours drop rate is increased by certain percentage. Or zeni gained is increased by 300%.
    9. I don't know if you can do this or not, make voice chat in-game.
    10. Remove boxes from cash shop and make it obtainable as a drop, only keys make them in cash shop and token shop.

Complementing the ideas of "XeoLee":

3, 4 and 6.- Create daily missions in which the rewards are small amounts of Tokens and when completing all the daily missions the reward could be 1 wagu coin.

7.- Could add some U40-U50 (red and blue can be exchanged for Silver coins) (Green and Purple for Gold Coins) in the World boss for the respective levels and stones level U60-U70 for the most difficult world boss.

8.- Excellent idea that would promote that the players farmn to generate a greater capital of zeni in the server so that all have the opportunity to enrich themselves.

9.- Another awesome idea that would help in a meaningful way to the team fights in budokai and even in some dungeons. Strengthening communication will always be effective.

10.- I have always believed that the "cash shop" should only be for cosmetic use and items that provide the PVE only. Everything related to the competitive area of the PVP should be objects that are obtained by own merits playing the game. Not just pay for them. I know that many of the current players who have gear +14 - +15 have achieved it by their own merits, but many others have only used cash and that is what gives DBO Global a bad image about the "cash shop". Because the message they send to the community is ... - "Buy large amounts of cash and you will have" only the possibility "to be OP in the game" -.

I really don't think that there should be objects that boost the PVP inside the "cash shop". I think that the image of an "OP" player with a high level gear must be the consequence of a player who has made an effort to obtain it after hours and hours of work in the game, and not just a privileged guy with enough money to spend it on something like this.

• I was suggesting for long time now, most of this suggestions regarding chests, brown boxes and such in my threads and many others.

Still regarding stats you want to remove from boxes, burning defense need to stay there as there is no accessory to defend against that, while bleeding, Increase RP, EP,LP regeneration and others really useless ones should be removed.

Yea I was suggesting that boxes too (in How DBOG can be better game thread, I forgot lol) should be given option "Do you want to change stats" soo this way you could use useful stat soo you can't ruin it.

Now suggestions that I suggested and you didn't cover here:

1. Party Speed Buff - This Thread

2. New Cap's of defenses, %LP recovery, defense, power and props for race/classes or change dmg formula

3. +13, +14, +15 upgraded gear should have 1 month timer and upgrade system changed

4. DOT's changed/edited

About Caps

It is really problem in PVP for squishy classes to even fight vs tanker classes.

Buffing power it really isn't the way for anything.

It should be taken in consideration that defense, %LP and props are key "Tanky Defense" mode.

Soo it should tested how much defense for each race, class should be enough.

My suggestion is to first cap %LP to 40% , props to 26% and test it in PVP.

About defense, it would need to be tested and ofc in DEV server with cap 70 and highest upgraded one side defense gears vs DPS classes.

About Upgrade System

You should need to get upgrade materials needed to upgrade your gear.

Those materials should drop in dungeons or craft materials if you want to use craft system to get them.

For some upgrade levels you would need less or more upgrade materials with upgrade stones.

Broken and reduction to +0 should be taken away and only fail -1(80% chance when you get fail) or -2 (20% chance when you get fail) should stay and ofc advanced stones would give +1( 80% with success card) and +2(20% with success card) and not +3.

This would force everyone to farm and work for their gear and ofc reaching +10 , +12.

Stone drops are somewhat easy to get right now soo adding upgrade materials would increase a bit chance of luck of success, decrease RNG part and without +0 broken, you wouldn't rage as madman but ofc you would need to work hard to collect upgrade materials that would be harder to get than simply world map farming.

Like I said, in order to get upgrading materials, they can drop from bosses as craft materials that you would use to craft or simply as upgrade materials that you can already use with stones.

How much upgrade materials you need per upgrade level:

(+1) - (+ 5) - 10 upgrade materials

(+6) - (+ 10) - 20 upgrade materials

(+11) - (+ 12) - 30 upgrade materials

(+13) - (+ 15) - 40 upgrade materials

Why should +13, +14 and +15 have 1 month timer?

It is simply to improve market since with this system, you would always end up buying gears, box them if needed and upgrade them.

Demand of stones, boxes and upgrade materials will never be stuck, unlike with this system now, you will get in cap 70 what ever you need and market will stop, even with newbies that might come to DBOG and I doubt that will ever happen in near future.

DOT's changed/edited

Mostly what you can see is that people complain regarding SK bold strike, soo it should be changed to fixed dot dmg.

Dmg on bold strike should be 400 or 500 per 2 seconds and with critic dmg it should be increased by %energy critic dmg gear you have.

Meaning that if you have 33% energy critic dmg, it should be increased by that percent.

About crane users with 66% physical or energy critic dmg on weapons and their critic dmg dots with that passives, it should be tested and edited if it is too much.

PS: Demon Wave skill on DW should't have cast time at all and if it can be removed, it should be.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Solutions:

1. tbh i think the cash shop should be changed,if i want kid clock i need to use wagu machine,for everything wagu machine that cause high price
    if it will be separated i mean almost most of the things should be separated from damn wagu machine.. i dont wanna sound mean but if its possible to decrease a little price of all items from cash shop, it will be good,

Kid Clock is on the last page of the Cash Shop as a direct purchase. But yeah I am also looking forward for a CP revamp.

Personally getting a client that is compatible with the most recent update of windows is priority number one, it's what they should push forward asap. Having a game that lacks content is not as bad as having a game that performs poorly even on high end machines. This currently makes the game unplayable for me and many others, we can't even enjoy plat.

• Kid Clock is on the last page of the Cash Shop as a direct purchase. But yeah I am also looking forward for a CP revamp.

Personally getting a client that is compatible with the most recent update of windows is priority number one, it's what they should push forward asap. Having a game that lacks content is not as bad as having a game that performs poorly even on high end machines. This currently makes the game unplayable for me and many others, we can't even enjoy plat.

oh I didn't saw that kid clock in cash shop lol

And yea even at high performing PC the game lag even with good internet connection...if it could be fixed a lot of ppl will come back for sure and we can start enjoying on plat again.....I think it might fix in next update I have a lot of expectations from new upcoming clients let's see what happens..

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!