How to revive DBOG

• I understand your frustration. You're probably one of these players who farmed a lot to make good gear, but keep in mind that we are in the same boat. I farmed a lot and I would lose everything too. But you need to understand that wiping out everything is the only way to start a fresh DBOG client. Players who actually used BOTS and other hacks to farm x300 stones per day would be erased too. They're actually the worst ones who made this game look unfair and unfunny until now. We should really sacrifice our stuff if we want new and former players to come back. The numbers of players can actually revive the game but not our items. If you intend of playing this game solo with your gear in the near future, then I wish you best of luck & fun mate.

EDIT: Sorry for not understanding you correctly, I read your message again and no, I did not cashed much compared to other hardcore cashers and I have never charged my money back. But there's a ton of players who charged back and this is when the game started to fade away. I honestly agree with them and I think that it was definitely alright for them to charge back. Daneos promised many things, but they were never delivered into the game. Everyone was hyped and then all of them ended up being disappointed. Trust me, you just don't know anything.

• Well, on another thread there is an ongoing discussion regarding upgrade system revamp.

If they made it less luck related and more effort/persistence rewarding oriented, then all those bots would be for naught, especially if the stones were made bound...

Every MMO will have ways to exploit, I think it's simply inevitable; all the dev team can and should do is minimize the impact of those cheating scums.

The only thing that actually annoys me beyond everything else are those darn client freezes. It definitely reduces the joy of playing and even ruins the confidence in QC/QA which further pushes players away. When you die because of it, because one moment you are here and another moment you are there, stunned, or just because too many mobs surrounded you and you couldn't cast in time...well.......

• People who spend money get their CP refunded.

And regardless, you would want a broken server because you get to keep your items, or start afresh and have everything balanced and fair?

Balanced server with everything untouched. Things will eventually get back in normal, to a bigger or lesser extent.

I made a small fortune by playing with the market and I don't want to know how many hours leveling and gathering DBs.

If I were to lose all my hours invested, that would be it for me. I am one and wouldn't be missed, but I'm pretty certain that would also be it for many others who share the same thoughts with me as well...

• Balanced server with everything untouched. Things will eventually get back in normal, to a bigger or lesser extent.

I made a small fortune by playing with the market and I don't want to know how many hours leveling and gathering DBs.

If I were to lose all my hours invested, that would be it for me. I am one and wouldn't be missed, but I'm pretty certain that would also be it for many others who share the same thoughts with me as well...

A reset would depend on many things, and most importantly change. Things have changed, and things won't revert to the state they are now. We're in this state now because of past experiences that have permanently damaged the server's future.

For example: Duplication bug damaged the game severely in the recent Summer - the damage from that is still here today.

• Again?

You really wouldn't mind going through 1-60 on several chars and again sweating like a pig while upgrading and picking up the cards?

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the chance to benefit from any of the glitches/bugs/exploits you mention, since I joined the party a bit late...

On the other hand, please enlighten me, what would be the benefits of a wipe?

A handful of players who abused the system would lose everything they have, everything would be scarce again and?

How would it help you who call for a wipe? Yes, yes, we would get a more fair system and what not (until new ways to abuse the system would be found) and then what? In a year-year and a half you will call again for server wipe when a handful of players show up with hundreds of purple/green/white stones and +15 gear again?

Try giving me an example, like, player xyz abused the system and obtained unfair advantage - he got millions out of thin air with 0 effort and has 5 chars with all +15 gear. You do a server wipe, he along with you losses everything. What exactly did you accomplish again?

• First off many of us know that some players abused some bugs/exploits to get a bigger advantage against other players.

The next thing is the prices right now are cancer for every new player.. even if they dont hit max lvl they cant effort themselfe anything without cashing.

I played many games over the years and everytime a wipe hit the server the population rised. Because there are many players out there who normally want to play a game but wont start because the gap to end game is tooo big for them.

I think we could controle this time where the server are going to be after a wipe not like this time where many players left game because they hit max lvl after some weeks.

The best time would be with the 70 cap and some balance changes to finally make the last wipe and let us all enjoy the game

• The only advantage one player can have over another is gear and that crap system is a f*** lottery.

I am a new player on this server (returning from TW2 after so many years) who managed to get 30m in a couple of weeks (non cash) just to have it burned all with white stones.

Few days ago I managed to get +14 gloves for kid budokai with no use of white stones. I guess I am lucky, especially after today. :)

Today I bought the U55 white stones and used the token shop green stones to get my +11 kid budokai pants further. Best I got was 10. Yes, 10. Then I managed to break it with no white stone as I ran completely out of cash for whites and just because I could. The first one after "upgrading" with whites, go figure. Then I spent another 42 blue upgrade stones I stashed away for the rainy days to try get back that +11. The best I got was +9.

As for the gloves, I had 2, one made into +11 and another into +12. Few days ago I managed to push +12 to +14 by sheer luck (why not 15?!), but today I broke the +11 to 0, so I am definitely not touching the +14.

All that reminded me why I stopped playing DBO the first time. It wasn't because heavy TW cashers with +15 gear were all around me and you couldn't get anything past +10 for 1.000.000.000 on AH (all +15 were exclusively black market off-site purchases for real money). It was because of this crap lottery system which just aggravates and rewards truly lucky ones. A true money/Zeni pit with odds not being in your favor. I hate this. No matter what you do, if RNGesus doesn't want to bless you with good rolls, you SHALL NOT PASS, erm, I mean upgrade. As if getting the gear with decent stats isn't hard enough by itself.

Because of that, I will take it down two notches, until both freezes are resolved and upgrade system is revamped, as this lotto crap is just too much nerve wrecking and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth at the end of the day. I don't need it. There are plenty games which reward persistence and good play and you don't need damn luck (or at least that amount of luck) to have the top gear. Once this is fixed, I'll gladly spend some money, but until then, I'll rather buy a lotto ticket for Eurojackpot - my money is waiting.

• TL;DR: Spent a (small?) fortune trying to upgrade just to end up having less than I started with.

Blah blah blah whining, will play less until something gets drastically changed.

Imho, problem is the super-duper money guzzling nerve wrecking mini-game called upgrade system.

P.S. I still don't think we need server wipe, just that damn lotto system changed to a more certain thing, like using white stones = GUARANTEES no -1 if you get broken. 3% on succeeding of getting a +15 from +14 means you have 97% to fail and you could spend much more than I did to get just that miserable +1.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!