New Upgrade System Suggestions!

• This is my humble opinion for a better upgrade/progression system:

-- Reset all current gear to +0 (prerequisite)

This will function as a soft reset which is needed for the current state of the game (refunding cash shop currency as deemed fit). Alternatively, this could also be solved by having Seasons (see below).

-- Make upgraded gear non-tradeable

This will keep the economy from overflowing with upgraded items and encourage character investment/building.

-- Make the system progression/grind based instead of RNG based.

My proposal is to get rid of the RNG by implementing an exponential progression system by converting the upgrade stones into a form of currency.

In details:

• Get rid of all stones except red/blue/white ones.
    • Make red/blue stones drop from mobs/daily quests/pretty much anything you do in game.
    • Make white stones drop from bosses or other content you want to promote people playing.
    • After level 4 (armors) / 6 (weapons) white stones are required to upgrade.
    • Make each upgrade require more stones than the previous and optionally add an incremental zeni cost that can act as a zeni sink. Keep the numbers of stones/zenis required lower for lower level items (e.g. a level 70 item is harder to upgrade than a level 30 item).

For example, to upgrade a level 70 weapon: (Numbers just for demonstration, don't take them literally)
      +1 => 1 U70 red stone + 10000 zeni
      +2 => 2 U70 red stones + 50000 zeni
      +3 => 5 U70 red stones + 150000 zeni
      +4 => 10 U70 red stones + 400000 zeni
      +5 => 18 U70 red stones + 1000000 zeni
      +6 => 30 U70 red stones + 3000000 zeni
      +7 => 45 U70 red stones + 9000000 zeni + 1 white stone
      +8 => 65 U70 red stones + 9000000 zeni + 1 white stone
      +9 => 90 U70 red stones + 15000000 zeni + 2 white stones
      ... etc

-- Optional (but strongly recommended for the health of the game)

Implement a form of Seasons (similar to PoE or Diablo 3) that will last for a significant amount of time (e.g. 1 year). When the "Season" ends all the "seasonal" characters become non-seasonal and are moved to the same server with characters from previous seasons.

The "Seasonal Server" will then be clean and provide a new start for everyone. Also the "seasonal" server will have some season-exclusive items, like dogies for example, to encourage players to play "seasonal" characters.

Just my 0.02

Thanks for reading

• En hi all ...I donate a lot of money ...what is going to do daneos whith that case...the people can get the cash point ?or bring back the money spended. ? Daneos has some ideas from that.?I hope if he has a New client take the game and do the same game play like Was the original...Check the crane and skills whith rp atack has some problems like 0 damage no agro..or nameks :"why the nameks has damage like a fighter?what function does a tank have? Hp and defense NO MORE..AREA OR ZONE ATACK CHARCUTER IS COOPERATIVE. ..please Check this and try to do the same dbo like tw hk ...remember you have rivals like progect dbo rpg and xenoverse 2 uploaded and xenoverse 3 and New universe...the y try to do the same damage calculation by races and characteristics. ..DANEOS I hope u can do the best... thanks

• En hi all ...I donate a lot of money ...what is going to do daneos whith that case...the people can get the cash point ?or bring back the money spended. ? Daneos has some ideas from that.?I hope if he has a New client take the game and do the same game play like Was the original...Check the crane and skills whith rp atack has some problems like 0 damage no agro..or nameks :"why the nameks has damage like a fighter?what function does a tank have? Hp and defense NO MORE..AREA OR ZONE ATACK CHARCUTER IS COOPERATIVE. ..please Check this and try to do the same dbo like tw hk ...remember you have rivals like progect dbo rpg and xenoverse 2 uploaded and xenoverse 3 and New universe...the y try to do the same damage calculation by races and characteristics. ..DANEOS I hope u can do the best... thanks

Oh my god.

Never seen such a clear image.

• In the case where RNG are delete.

(Sorry for the english guys )

1 - Making the upgrade system more rewarding for people who used to spend time in farm.

How ?

-Stones drop rate can stay the same.

- Making an npc where you can trade blue / red stones for purple and green stone.

- You can no longer obtain stones from the cash shop.

- Adding a Dungeon , or a tmq , where you have 100% chance to drop a purple/ green in the end of this tmq (must be hard and requier teamplay,

can be finish from a team who have second cap equipement OR a very huge good teamplay )

- Adding a NPC where you can trade medals you obtain from tmq/UD vs some purples/greens

2 - Delete the RNG.

- Making a cap for each upgrade.

Exemple : You will use 5 red stones to obtain + 5 weapon.

Next , you should use 4 purples to obtain + 6

Next , you should use 8 purples to obtain + 7

Next , you should use 10 purples to obtain + 8

Next , you should use 13 purples to obtain +9

Next , you should use 16 purples to obrain + 10

First cap : 51 purples for + 10. No RNG in the upgrade system.

The numbers of purples should be synchronized with , diffuculty of dungeons , drop rates in dungeons , etc.

Next , we will have the second cap , where you will need more stones then the first cap.

, you should use 18 stones to obtain + 11

you should use 30 stones to obtain + 12

, you should use 40 stones to obtain + 13

, you should use 80 stones to obtain + 14

, you should use 160 stones to obtain + 15

Second cap : 328 purples for another + 5, yeah it will be hard , + 12 and higher will be master race and will be obtained by the hard farmers and player who used to spend time in the game .

A TOTAL OF 379 stones to reach + 15

In this case , ALL people will be egual and you will no longer have any reason to be afraid from the upgrade system , it will be hard , but you will have different ways to get stones,People who use to be hard cashers/buggers will no longer have this advantage , F2P and Cashers will be ALMOST egual. You want your aura and + 15 ? Work for it.

I will no give suggestion about the case where the RNG is no deleted , I used to hate RNG and I wil not prupose anything about it .

Edit : All stones from NPC and The dungeons must be account bound.

• More ideas:

-stay the same RNG

-Remove possibility to get purple/green stones from mobs

-Purple/green stones can be dropped from UD/TQM/events.

-Adding 2 more cards(now 5).(to be decided, you need to think about it first)

-All players are able to udgrade to +12(good defense and attack) without difficulty.

-Decreases Sucess rate from +12-15(50-80% maybe? idk) THIS WAY WON'T BE TOO MANY +15

-Zeni usage to udgrade(idk the amount, 200k ea udgrade?)

-Removing all stones from cash shop or decrease the rate a lot..

-Keep the same Red/Blue drop rate(keep the white drop rate same as well?, idk you need to think about it.)

-Purple/green usage should increase the possibity to hit sucess card(and make the stones harder to get).

-Purple/green stones gives +2-3 only, remove +1

-Removing broken card.

• I am not clear if it is ok to mention this here. But do the moderators know of the dragonball fan games made on the byond website? The games are low graphic but their mechanics are similar to that of many mmo's. I really like those because theres no level cap and every race has their own set of power ups etc. I like that it has a ton of different stats and attributes and many ways to get strong besides just killing mod (training, gravity training etc). to get to higher levels you have to start buying higher sets of weigthed clothing for arms, legs and torso. players can train together so that they can get a sligthly higher boost than when they are shadow boxing alone or to raise someone whos lower a little bit faster. In the case of sayans you have to train the ki control and transform stat in order to be able to use it for longer and in order to be able to use its max power for longer. A lot of these mechanics I think would really bump this game up so good.

• wait a min...so the client was supposed to be live by the end of march which is already over. And the client should already have the new upgrade system available. Then why the hell this thread still exists ??? and why the mods still have no idea about the new upgrade system?? does this mean that the client is not even rdy and the work on the "new upgrade system" still hasn`t even started??...

• They need to remove RNG period, the Zeni Red/Blue and White system is perfect. No RNG needed.

• This Idea is Genius. Here is to hoping that they actually implement this.

• Here's an Idea for thought:

What is needed to upgrade?

- Remove the RNG system completely, replace this with material upgrades such as ores, leathers, cloths and wood. Rename or update the names and image of the stones to a new type of item called dragon cores (D-cores). This will be the new item to power up, weapons and strengthen the player. Thanks to Bulma's new dragon ball power extraction device.

How this will work?

- In the first 5 leveling stages of upgrading weapons you will talk to Kokkara Villages blacksmith. He will perform various upgrades for your weapons as long as you bring him the needed materials. For e.g. swords: iron ores x5(blade/hilt), component reactor x3(to activate weapons power), and an option for stone embedding (Amethyst, Garnet, Sapphire etc.) this will add an effect based on the stones property color adjacent to the stats of honor, elegant, funny etc.

The amount for these materials will increase by a substantial amount for every 5 levels and will make the upgrading more of a challenge, but worthy of the grind.

Note: You can only choose one stone to embed into the players weapon. Choose wisely.

Where you obtain the items you need to upgrade?

- You can obtain these items through certain monsters such as iron/metal ores from robots, leather pelts from animals with fur, wood gained through life skills or the creatures weapons. cloths obtained through life skills specifically.

The information regarding the upgrades:

Sword:  Lvl: 1-5

5/3/1, 5/3/2, 5/3/3, 5/3/4, 5/3/5

Lvl: 6-10

40/20/6, 40/20/7, 40/20/8, 40/20/9, 40/20/10

Lvl 11-15

180/120/11, 180/120/12, 180/120/13, 180/120/14, 180/120/15

Staff: Lvl: 1-5

Lvl 11-15

pole:           Lvl: 1-5

Lvl 11-15

fan:              Lvl: 1-5

Lvl 11-15

The number 5 or Primary number refers to the main material used which could be metal, leather, or wood. 3 or the secondary number refers to a component reactors material needed and the 3rd number refers to the amount of Dragon Cores(D-Cores) needed every single level before upgrading to the next.

• Asegúrese de que la única forma de obtener piedras de actualización sea a través de la tienda de fichas. (Tradeable o no me importa)

Renovar el sistema de colección de tokens (como en el que tienes que estar jugando)

No hagas cambios a las piedras actuales.

NO

• Hello,

i thought of maybe making the upgrade system like a little minigame where you have to avoid the fails and brokens, like your cursor avoiding obstacles and as the upgrade level gets higher so gets the intensity of the minigame. Let's say you have +12 the speed and obstacles get bigger (like getting broken as an obstacle is really big) and that white stones give you like an extra chance maybe...? I also think purples and greens should atleast be a +2 instead of +1. I think they should be obtained throughout either the token shop, event boss and or maybe future challenge rewards

This what I want to say ,but I want to add one thing that, when we use white stone than it should give a shield and this will be a good idea for white stones for this minigame idea

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!