We need a wipe. [FIXED VERSION]

• Im not playing if there is gonna be a wipe. Lol

This kind of posts won't do sh*t. Just shows you're a kid. Nobody cares if you and others quit cuz of wipe. If it helps the server we will need a wipe. If wipe happens and you quit, message me so i can say you my goodbye. Gotta feed your "i am special" attitude. Same for others who think this way.

If Daneos says that with the new client he can make sure those exploits won't happen again, we will need a wipe with the new client release. Wether a 100% full wipe, or a wipe where ppl at least keep their characters and their names only at lvl 1. Or what Box-head(boxbox) wrote on page 6. In my opinion the best choice atm. I'd rather have that than anything else cuz to me it's atm the best suggestion. Not everyone will like it i know. But their fault for getting too comfortable to the point where they feel like crying when they hear they might have to lvl again. Back in TW i saw ppl lvling every damn class, knew ppl who lvled up the same class twice, one for PvP and the same class again for PvE. Rare to see that here nowdays. Y'all just complain and cry and it's just annoying. DBO is a grinding game. Get used to it already ffs....

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• This kind of posts won't do sh*t. Just shows you're a kid. Nobody cares if you and others quit cuz of wipe. If it helps the server we will need a wipe. If wipe happens and you quit, message me so i can say you my goodbye. Gotta feed your "i am special" attitude. Same for others who think this way.

If Daneos says that with the new client he can make sure those exploits won't happen again, we will need a wipe with the new client release. Wether a 100% full wipe, or a wipe where ppl at least keep their characters and their names only at lvl 1. Or what Box-head(boxbox) wrote on page 6. In my opinion the best choice atm. I'd rather have that than anything else cuz to me it's atm the best suggestion. Not everyone will like it i know. But their fault for getting too comfortable to the point where they feel like crying when they hear they might have to lvl again. Back in TW i saw ppl lvling every damn class, knew ppl who lvled up the same class twice, one for PvP and the same class again for PvE. Rare to see that here nowdays. Y'all just complain and cry and it's just annoying. DBO is a grinding game. Get used to it already ffs....

Um. Maybye u cant read. But i said im not playing if there is gonna be a wipe. As in im not playing the game right now. if u read the qoute i responded to, you would be better informed. Now dissapear.

• if Team Leader voted for Total Cleanup, does that mean you're going to have a cleanup right? WRONG, you can not expect anything from Daneos, I'm not saying that you can not be trusted, quite the contrary, but ... Sorry for being honest,but I hope Daneos chooses the right option:thumbup:

• Truly, this topic and what some people talk about...I would pay money for some ppl of you :D

And if you "casuals" miss the point - YOU need the alts to lvl up your chars! Good old DB nerds never need it!

Watch your GT and Super DB and think you are in! But I can say: We dont need you casuals!!!

• nobody remembers
    mvkB1gy.png

about the bots and very rare to see some (previously had thousands of stones in the auction house)

server is empty only for missing updates and events not because it is bad

mistakes and failures (Bugs), all games have, none will be 100% safe.

the simpler would be to add the server from scratch to this players is willing to start over

old server still remains same mode, both sides win out ! without putting firewood in the fire.

• A lot of people who didn't played the POB started playing because of this announcement

---

---

A wipe just to punish a few hackers, completely ignoring 1 year of "work" from hundreds of honest players is the most stupid way to fix things.

if there is a wipe it will only demonstrate the unreliability of this project.

The server doesn't need a wipe, we need a better anti-bots/bugs system, punish the bug-abusers and change the cash=insta-max-stats thing, which is already being worked on within the new client, as Daneos said.

Also, the funniest part:

>Completely wipe everything. (Return the Cash Points)

So you want Daneos to lost one year of profit?

LOL

and then they they think this is a serious talk..

This thread is just kids crying because of hackers (a common thing in every game)

• Get real dreamers. Things don't always go like your expectations. There are always going to be pros AND CONS when something changes, particularly if not agreed by everyone. The greater benefit from another wipe? How can you tell? Are you 100% sure?

This game was released in 2010 and already once died in 2013. It looks like some of you are wanting to carry on your life in the world of DBOG forever, but come on, seriously? Get real.

Daneos already clearly promised us that there should be no more wipe in OB. Many players incluing myself have spent tons of times and money for this game, with believing his words.

If any kind of wipe should happen again due to bugs or whatever reasons, that's pretty much his fault not being fully prepared to run the business. What was POB for? Plus, can you be sure that there will be no bug at all after a wipe? How? If the same things happen again after a wipe, what should we do then? Wipe again?

For me, time is thousand times more valuable than my cash points spent for this game. I don't care if my cash points will be back. But I know that my time spent for this game will not. Why should I lose everything for which I have spent thousands hours to get? Who can dare blame me for not wanting to lose my rights? Who can dare force me to understand all this shitty situations and and sacrify myself? Why should those who don't want a wipe be called greedy and lazy when that's not their fault at all?

Greedy? Lazy? Hell NO. LMFAO

• A wipe tbh is imminent: tomorrow, a month from now, a year? It doesn't matter. When this game hits the 20 players in-game playercount after a few month since the new content is released everyone is going to change their minds. That's why it should be better to do something now (even tho i already know nothing is going to happen sadly), when the state of the game can be still reversed, while people still have hope for it. Now, is the game gonna lose player in the process? Hell yeah it will, but from my point of view it will be for the better. I can actually see that this game would gain more player than that they actually would lose.

EDIT: For the guy above me: no one is saying that it is in fact your fault.

EDIT2: Actually it is just joking. To be honest this kind of shit should not happen but when it happens i blame the people that spend money into these kind of games... I get it, the shack (like we Italians like to say) doesn't go forward without donations but when you come down to these situations man... When staff members stop listening to what the community is saying or stop communicating with them or whatever other thing every thread in the "Feedback & Discussion" is talking about, then it is your TURN to say stop and ask to start providing facts. (i am not talking about doing chargeback, that's just being an assh*le and asking to be banned). We all know that a new client for example is going to be released, but honestly: have you seen anything relevant about it since the announcement?

• nobody remembers
    mvkB1gy.png

Yea about this....to ppl using this statement, saying they promised no more wipes, well sry but i do not see any promise.

It's just a statement, nothing else. No room to change it into a promise or whatever. Just a basice answer to a question that many ppl asked back then. No promise at all.

And let me tell you a secret: The ppl who actually do like this game, like to play this game having challenges while building up a character, the OG players and many others with the right experience, We all knew there would be another wipe coming lmao maybe even multiple wipes. I am pretty sure i wrote it back then somewhere too lol. Do you really think a game with no real protection won't need a wipe anymore? Anyone right in their mind had one thought back then when this statement was made... "Wait for it..."

Aaaand here we are.

Just to make sure, the statement that was posted back then, about no more wipe after OB, it is a statement that was made back then. NOT a promise! They simply ignored some major problems, such as putting some protection against crap like duplicating items etc. Aaaand from there it went all to sh*t. Just saying....

Game is dead cuz it sucks hard. It's not cuz no updates/no lvl 70 update. Even if we'd play lvl 70 right now, it still would've sucked as hard as it sucks now. Maybe even worse cuz of CC150 aura. Too many ppl would have that crap. And it's meant to be something special. When POB ended and we started over, problems already started at lvl 29 cap. From there it just got worse.

If Daneos is able to control the server/client better with the new client, where he can make sure that those exploits won't happen with the new client, the only right thing to do is a wipe with the realease of the new client.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

d5ao5rb.gif

• Yea about this....to ppl using this statement, saying they promised no more wipes, well sry but i do not see any promise.

It's just a statement, nothing else. No room to change it into a promise or whatever. Just a basice answer to a question that many ppl asked back then. No promise at all

Definition of a promise: A declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen.
    People were worried about another wipe, asked about it and Daneos assured everyone that there wouldn't be another wipe. You can pull excuses out of your bum all you want, doesn't change the fact that it was a promise.

Quote from SumTingWong

And let me tell you a secret: The ppl who actually do like this game, like to play this game having challenges while building up a character, the OG players and many others with the right experience, We all knew there would be another wipe coming lmao maybe even multiple wipes. I am pretty sure i wrote it back then somewhere too lol. Do you really think a game with no real protection won't need a wipe anymore? Anyone right in their mind had one thought back then when this statement was made... "Wait for it..."

Aaaand here we are.

Stop with this no true Scotsman fallacy bull dung. Jesus Christ.

Building up a character nowadays isn't harder or easier than it was back then. What where these so called "challenges" you keep talking about? PRNG with Upgrading is not a challenge, because PRNG is in no way shape or form a challenge to overcome. It's pre-determined randomness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here's what's actually the case: You were inexperienced when you first started, so everything seemed hard and like a challenge, but now that you know how to play the game it's easy/easier. The game didn't change all that much, you did.
    You hear the same horse dung in the Pokémon Community. GEN 1 AND 2 WERE SO MUCH HARDER BACK THAN THE NEWER GAMES. THE NEWER GAMES ARE TOO EASY. That isn't the case at all, it's just the players changed and got more experienced with the games.

Quote from SumTingWong

Game is dead cuz it sucks hard. It's not cuz no updates/no lvl 70 update. Even if we'd play lvl 70 right now, it still would've sucked as hard as it sucks now. Maybe even worse cuz of CC150 aura. Too many ppl would have that crap. And it's meant to be something special. When POB ended and we started over, problems already started at lvl 29 cap. From there it just got worse

if Daneos is able to control the server/client better with the new client, where he can make sure that those exploits won't happen with the new client, the only right thing to do is a wipe with the realease of the new client.

"Game is dead cuz it sucks hard." "the only right thing to do is a wipe [...]"

You don't specifiy what exactly sucks or why you think it's the only right thing to do. You don't explain yourself at all. Your Argument boils down to "The world resolves around me and what I don't like is not allowed to exist". Great. 10/10.

Now, the new client. On one hand, this super-awesome all-powerful new client allows Daneos to have full control over everything, and with its awesome magical powers, there's nothing Daneos can't do! ...But on the other hand, there's not even the slightest possibility that it also allows him to rework CCBD and its rewards, rework how Equipment, Accesoires and their Stats work, rework how the Upgrade System works, rework how Auras work, rework/revamp/fix all the other potential problems that would/could arise and work together with the community on a better than ever DBO.
    Got it.

• It is still not a promise. You promise something officially by saying "I promise..." Your definition means everything the Team says to any time is automatically a promise lmao. The no more wipe thing was a statement during that specific time. Not a promise that will last forever. Example: Daneos said waaay back that there won't be upgrade tickets cuz they ruined the game. When Bee event got announced guess what was obtainable through the event xD Was that also a promise Daneos broke? No. Not a promise, just a major f*ck up.

And yes, building up a character is easier than it was ever before. DBOG is the much easier verision of the original Game.

Yes, RNG itself is no real challenge since it's pure gambling. The challenge i see in this is getting them stones!!! Which is easy here in DBOG. Also white stones drop and there is no break option. With that i don't even need to use white stones. If i lose +12 without white stone f*ck it. I can always try again.

I didn't change that much when it comes to DBO. The game DID change. Or what do you call Updates? Updates are no change to you? The game changed. And in DBOG it changed to something stupidly easy. Thus why it sucks. I don't have to explain why the game sucks. Search the Forums and find Threads. There are some pretty good ones that explain why. I agree with some of them, especially the onesm ade form experienced players.

You all against wipe etc. can try to defend all you want. To put it simply, you just don't wanna start over again. Which i can understand cuz i am sick of it too. BUT it is needed. I too don't wanna start over again but i will do it if Daneos can make sure those exploits won't happen again. If he can't makre sure this happens again, wipe is no use. Playing this game is no use. Cuz at the end, it'll be trash.

People now jump on everything trying to justify why a wipe is not needed. Just cuz they do not wanna start over again. This is selfish. Understandable but still selfish. I want a wipe because it's a fresh new start, fresh new chance for the game. Ofc, as i wrote, it has to be sure that duplicating and other crap won't happen again. Else, wipe will have no use cuz it'll end up the same again.

Yes, we know you put time,work,effort etc. into your chars. Everyoe including me did so too. But pp who want a wipe know that it's better for the game. And it'll bring back ppl too. Sure, ppl like you might leave (doubt it, will be a few) but for others who stopped it'll be a new start again. New start = everyone starts pretty much equal again to build up their characters. New chance for ppl to keep up with others.

You can't fix this game with the hope that players will report exploiters and bugs etc. cuz the majority of the players here are the problem. They are toxic, selfish players who first would abuse exploits and bugs, not tell too many ppl and if found out they go reportto make sure others don't use the exploit/bug to gain the same stuff they gained. Ofc, not all are like that but the majority.

I'm tired of posting in this sh*t cuz i only see selfish crap. Just like in every damn Thread where it's about the games future, selfish ppl assemble and justify to death using one method,, if it's not working they use another by jumping on every word they find to twist it. F+ck this. I can only hope Daneos actually can protect the server better with the new client. If he is sure he can i have to hope that he will do the right decision this time. So far it was always whatever the majority of the wrong players wanted, happened. This time listen to ppl that have more experience with DBO, that know how the game was. Back to the roots. From there adjust it here and there. But never make it easier!

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

d5ao5rb.gif

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Not everyone is willing to start over and no life like some of you.

Daneos said himself he not gonna wipe again, and if he does he going against his own word.

Sure he can do bug fixes and duplication removal or whatever but a full wipe? really lmfao would love to see the game come to life after that

MY opinion. Dont @ me

• why so mad? +13? lol even f2p players,everybody can make izi +12 just invest your time in game and stop crying or pay daneos some money duh lol.
    in real life this is the same thing if u dont do nothing - nothing will happen.

stfu xd

Image result for boi gif you mind investing your time to get my 3 chars back to +12 with all their dogis? this not real life, and some people have a life. and why waste money on a game in its current state? especially if another reset happens, you really think people gonna invest MORE money and time ???

I agree the game is in a bad state right now, but a full wipe is realllllyyy stupid. Gear wipe I can understand, but dogis should be kept, considering the rarity of some. Levels and name too.

• Quote from SumTingWong

It is still not a promise. You promise something officially by saying "I promise..." Your definition means everything the Team says to any time is automatically a promise lmao. The no more wipe thing was a statement during that specific time. Not a promise that will last forever. Example: Daneos said waaay back that there won't be upgrade tickets cuz they ruined the game. When Bee event got announced guess what was obtainable through the event xD Was that also a promise Daneos broke? No. Not a promise, just a major f*ck up.

No, that's not how it works. You don't have to start with "I promise[...]" for something to be a promise. It's not MY definition, it's THE definition of the word. If you can't comprehend that somehow, that's on you.

Yes, exactly, Daneos assured people that there wouldn't be any Upgrade Tickets and added them anyway. He went back on his word/broke his promise. That's how simple it is.

Quote from SumTingWong

And yes, building up a character is easier than it was ever before. DBOG is the much easier verision of the original Game.

Yes, RNG itself is no real challenge since it's pure gambling. The challenge i see in this is getting them stones!!! Which is easy here in DBOG. Also white stones drop and there is no break option. With that i don't even need to use white stones. If i lose +12 without white stone f*ck it. I can always try again.

You say PRNG istelf is no real challenge, but then list up things, that are determined by PRNG, as challenging. If PRGN isn't a challenge, then old DBO wasn't a challenge, then there isn't be a problem with the current system and your complaints don't make any sense.

Make up your mind.

Quote from SumTingWong

I didn't change that much when it comes to DBO. The game DID change. Or what do you call Updates? Updates are no change to you? The game changed. And in DBOG it changed to something stupidly easy. Thus why it sucks. I don't have to explain why the game sucks. Search the Forums and find Threads. There are some pretty good ones that explain why. I agree with some of them, especially the onesm ade form experienced players

No, you now know more about the game than when you started. You gained experience as a player. Denying that makes no sense.

What I call these updates? Minor Bug Fixes and adjusting Balance. There's no new content whatsovever, there aren't any new mechanics, it's just a retread of old stuff. You ultimately still do the same things you did back then.
    Farming Stuff -> Upgrade it -> Do instances or PVP.
    You just don't get blasted by PRNG as much. PRNG changed. The game itself, though? Not so much.

You don't have to explain why YOU think the game sucks? So what you're saying is that you're just parotting other people's opinion on the matter because you didn't even form an opinion yourself. OK.

Being a experienced DBO Player doesn't mean you know what's best for the game. These people don't have a shred of experience in Game Design, have no clue what they're talking about and shouldn't be consulted.

Quote from SumTingWong

You all against wipe etc. can try to defend all you want. To put it simply, you just don't wanna start over again. Which i can understand cuz i am sick of it too. BUT it is needed. I too don't wanna start over again but i will do it if Daneos can make sure those exploits won't happen again. If he can't makre sure this happens again, wipe is no use. Playing this game is no use. Cuz at the end, it'll be trash.

People now jump on everything trying to justify why a wipe is not needed. Just cuz they do not wanna start over again. This is selfish. Understandable but still selfish. I want a wipe because it's a fresh new start, fresh new chance for the game. Ofc, as i wrote, it has to be sure that duplicating and other crap won't happen again. Else, wipe will have no use cuz it'll end up the same again.

Yes, we know you put time,work,effort etc. into your chars. Everyoe including me did so too. But pp who want a wipe know that it's better for the game. And it'll bring back ppl too. Sure, ppl like you might leave (doubt it, will be a few) but for others who stopped it'll be a new start again. New start = everyone starts pretty much equal again to build up their characters. New chance for ppl to keep up with others.

And there's where you are wrong. It's not needed. You don't even explain why it's needed. It's just needed because other people told you so.

People present alternative solutions, or arguments that speak against a wipe, and YOU are the ones handwaving them away.

I'd be all for a wipe, if you people would bring up good arguments for it, but there haven't been any.

"People who want a wipe know it's better for the game."

No true Scotsman fallacy at it again.

And no, it won't bring a lot of people back, just the people from your little circlejerk.

I can tell you what's most-likely going to happen. People will log into the game, see that all their stuff is gone, will maybe ask in the Forums, Discord or Twitter what happened, see that there was a wipe and freakin' uninstall the game, especially after the "no wipe" promise. Because that's how it goes.

This happened in other games before and it was their death. Spirit Tales comes to mind.

What kind of evidence, proof or data can you provide that would speak for "wipe post-launch" = "Good for the game".
    You have none, that's the point. All the problems that have been listed can either be fixed or are non-problems at all, because they don't affect the game that much.

Quote from SumTingWong

You can't fix this game with the hope that players will report exploiters and bugs etc. cuz the majority of the players here are the problem. They are toxic, selfish players who first would abuse exploits and bugs, not tell too many ppl and if found out they go reportto make sure others don't use the exploit/bug to gain the same stuff they gained. Ofc, not all are like that but the majority.

Yes, there will always be people that look for exploits, ways of botting and so on and so forth. You'll never change that. A wipe won't change that. And the new client won't change that, either.

I've said it before and say it again: What's encrypted by man can be decrypted by man. This new client won't be an impenetrable Wall of Code. The people, who still want to bot, will find a way to do so. If people find another exploit, they will probably abuse it without any second thought. That's a miniscule amount of players compared to the entire player base, though, and doesn't affect that much.

Imagine this: Post-wipe, 7 Months into the new Client, people are exploiting bugs again, are botting, are selling Zeni via "Black Markets" and the game's in pretty much the same state it's in right now. Wipe again? Delete all the progress people made for the 3rd time? What's after that?

How are people supposed to play this game seriously and build anything substantial if you're wiping everytime someone doesn't like what's happening.

Work around these things. Patch the exploits, utilize rollbacks, delete impossible/duplicated items or make them obselete. There are other ways of dealing with this kind of stuff than to just delete everything everytime goes slightly wrong.

Quote from SumTingWong

I'm tired of posting in this sh*t cuz i only see selfish crap. Just like in every damn Thread where it's about the games future, selfish ppl assemble and justify to death using one method,, if it's not working they use another by jumping on every word they find to twist it. F+ck this. I can only hope Daneos actually can protect the server better with the new client. If he is sure he can i have to hope that he will do the right decision this time. So far it was always whatever the majority of the wrong players wanted, happened. This time listen to ppl that have more experience with DBO, that know how the game was. Back to the roots. From there adjust it here and there. But never make it easier

The "selfish people"-part is kinda ironic, since you and your lot are the selfish people. You want a wipe for your own selfish reasons. You do not think about others, nor do you even consider other possibilities, arguments or solutions. Wipe is the only right solution and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

"majority of the wrong players"
    No true Scotsman fallacy at it again. It's really funny how often you resort to that.

Also, no one is twisting words around, at least I haven't seen anyone do that.

"Back to the roots and adjust it here and there" is exactly what DBOG did and according to you "it sucks". What do you exepct them to do now? Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity.

"But never make it easier"

Well, since your definition of difficulty is Drop-PRNG, newer versions of DBO will always be "easier" according to you, so discussing difficulty with you is kind of a pointless, I guess.

I'm also kinda done with this. It's pointless to discuss if the other side isn't even considering alternative solutions or arguments.

GLHF.

EDIT: Fixed some spellings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!