DBO Global New Client | Feedback & Discussion

• We are still waiting, nothing has came out yet. Hardlock said we would have a TEST server to try out the new client at the end of this month, but no release date has been said yet.

So basically we still gonna test the new client and detect bugs for awhile then Daneos will release the client and remove token shop afterwards and apply his new updates.. Ok that's gonna take awhile lol

• seems to me that we have a case of endless circle, where the events keep on going in the same order without change (announcing something for a certain date, not keeping up with the demands as promised, event has to be delayed to solve the problems associated with the cause which further delays the upcomming promises or plans for the game).

The best thing the staff team can do right now is to focus on their main objective only and rebuild their structure focussing on highest priority to lower priority. Restructuring it every time something else comes into play and shifting their focus regarding on the severity of the problem. This would mean the whole team's effort and the community's effort. Only by unity you can accomplish greater things.

• I predict that tomorrow when the poll ends some staff member will announce the vote results and announce time for client test period.

That period for client test tho might take unspecified time considering that we aren't sure how many bugs and new systems we gonna face.

But when all the bugs detected, I don't see any reason to wait longer. Should wipe then release client on real game immediately afterwards, after making sure all bugs fixed previously of course.

• I don't understand why we should have a vote before the test start. What is the aim of the development team? What are the benefits of that? I can come up several reasons as follow:

1) the team want a wipe but they need an excuse, so they raise a vote. But their new client is not good, so they make the vote before testing. Otherwise, people may not want a wipe.

2) The new client will release soon, they do not want players waste their time if the majority want a wipe.

3) They are stupid. They do not think about it clearly.

May be we can vote for this :D:D

• 1 year without update this is almost to close. you're still trying to redo the client of 0, this will take about 5 months or more, it does not say that because it would destroy the entire community

• Hello,

This should be warned in time because, imagine that as you mention we warn and open the votes a few days after the test phase, do you think it would be fair for players to know about the reset some days ago before the official release? For what? To keep them "wasting their time"?

"But their new client is not good, so they make the vote before testing. Otherwise, people may not want a wipe."

I don't understand this point, after all until the new client is not ready, will not be released to the normal server (as official).

• Detalhes

Hello,

This should be warned in time because, imagine that as you mention we warn and open the votes a few days after the test phase, do you think it would be fair for players to know about the reset some days ago before the official release? For what? To keep them "wasting their time"?

I don't understand this point, after all until the new client is not ready, will not be released to the normal server (as official).

the server testing was not supposed to be today? Hardlock

• Hello,

Thanks for your reply. But my point is people do not have enough information to make the decision of voting wipe or no wipe. I believe the vote would be better to raise in between the testing phase. For example, if the test phase is the coming 2 months (Apr 1st to May 31), we can have the vote on May 1st.

People now are just vote based on their imagination, what happen if the new client's bug cannot be fixed? What happen if the new release needs to take another year? We are tired about the promise. In my point of view, many players who vote "no wipe" because they do not trust the development team. They think that the new client will be just similar to the old one. Why they need to do the same thing again and again?

Anyway, the vote had already happened and it leads to many people stop playing now so it cannot be fixed now. Why I reply the comment just because I am curious about the logic of the development team behind.

Thanks again.

• Is it possible to keep both new and old server?

I understand the old server is dying. But let it die slowly rather than kill it instantly. For me, dbog is very good when comparing to TW/HK server. As a f2p player, I spent years in HK server, and I stop at cc50. In DBOG, I can go to cc100 and tried all tmq and ud. I believe many players are not hardcore players, they just want to have fun. Since the new client sounds to be very different from the old one. The new client may block these players to enter high level dung.

Thank you.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!