Why not advertise properly?

• Hello guys, so I have been noticing something strange that causes activity problems to this game, which is advertisement.

Any game needs proper advertisements to be spread to social media in proper Way so that all millions of dbz fans can have the opportunity to play it, but from what I see, our game Facebook page has only 1000 likes, which shows poor skills in advertising for the game.

Something so simple such as inviting a new friend can help this game become more popular.

Even phone pathetic games have over 500,000 members in their pages and above, so why not us?

Popularity matters. I know that the game still needs improvements, but being negative doesn't solve anything.

At the end of the day, a proper strong community is the key factor in any games survival.

Build a strong community to have long-lasting game!

A small step I made is inviting thousands of my Facebook friends to the game.

Have a beautiful day.

• It is private server of game that died.

Cash Shop exist here, no one is paying to the owners of the game ( if they exist cuz game is dead lol).

They're probably afraid of the game being copyrighted and taken down.

Yea Takaboi got it right but still I wonder, does NTL, Bandai even give af? lol

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• right now we're asured that a new client will be out. If the DBOG team wants to have a good time to see their work being appraised and supported by a higher player base then they should advertise this new client and why it stands out more than other games.

They made video for Open beta release, it got popular, I think it was close to 1mil views but it was taken down due to copyright issues. So if they try to advertise again it will be same outcome and NTL/Bandai might try to take down this server again.

• They made video for Open beta release, it got popular, I think it was close to 1mil views but it was taken down due to copyright issues. So if they try to advertise again it will be same outcome and NTL/Bandai might try to take down this server again.

Perhaps, but now that they have made a new client (different launcher, login and system) they can not copystrike it anymore. The codes for DBOG are most likely even more different than the ones used for other private servers (like runescape copies for example). the fact that NTL/bandai already sued DBOG while they already left the project a decade ago is actually very disatisfying, they got nothing to lose or gain from it as their own game does not exist anymore. Yes, DBOG does have very similar mechanics as retail DBO, but that would be the same as sueing people for bringing out things that already have been made a hundred times (such as those very bad B movies that rip off from other B movies or movies with totally the same plot twist and settings eg. game of thrones and lord of the rings).

There are many things that exist that look identical as 2 waterdrops but as long as they don't interfere with eachother I would say that they can live in a coherent atmosphere (that would mean that NTL/namco have no real reason to sue DBOG since they've left their own project long ago).

Then again, legal reasons and laws are more of a human corruption and of course it is up to them to choose how they act towards these. The fear of knowledge of not knowing what will happen if Daneos would advertise the game for the new client and game itself is what most likely is keeping the team back from doing so. A simple head to head talk with NTL/namco would be the best option as it is most likely not unknown to them that there is still being work done to this project.

An answer to what is allowed and what isn't would be a factor of relieve towards the game and staff in general. But that is none of our bussiness (the community's).

• Perhaps, but now that they have made a new client (different launcher, login and system) they can not copystrike it anymore.

Dude you can't use anything that is related to Dragon Ball for make profit even the name if you do is illegal.

The "new client" still basing on all dragon ball files made by NTL/Bandai.

Everyone can buy google/fb/twitch ADS for dbog, so why don't you, maybe bandai will finally notice DBOG and support daneos.

• Dude you can't use anything that is related to Dragon Ball for make profit even the name if you do is illegal.

The "new client" still basing on all dragon ball files made by NTL/Bandai.

Then they might as well sue every game containing their products, just look at all those app games or flash games that are not made from bandai, there are countless of things to name and they do make profit.

• Then they might as well sue every game containing their products, just look at all those app games or flash games that are not made from bandai, there are countless of things to name and they do make profit.

I agree. A few days ago I came across a DBZ phone game that looks so trashy but got 900,000 fans on Facebook. Those make profit and know how to popularize their shitty products.

So considering the fact that this is MMO game, it should have huge adverts around.

We do what we can but it's up to the staff to do their part.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!