<POLL> Do you want a Server Wipe? Vote!

• Wiping = Losing 25-51% of the community, and "gaining an unknown ammount of newcomers" (and I think they won't be that much, no one was waiting for that)

Not wiping = Temporalily angering half of the community, not losing players at all.

Actually, a lot of people will quit if wipe doesn’t happen soo that statement is false.

DBOTW SV1

Rinder12/Rinder 11_small.png (Rinder12: Lv54, eventually deleted; Rinder: Lv70)

Kejko 18_small.png (Lv51, eventually deleted)

WolfGunnerX 17_small.png (Lv48)

Kamicolo1 19_small.png (Lv47)

Had 15_small.png but forgot its name (Lv30)

DBOTW SV2

Had 12_small.png but forgot its name (Lv36)

DBOG POB/OB

Rinder(FullAutism) 11_small.png

(None back POB)Ryder 17_small.png

Kejko(Hazeinut) 18_small.png

UltimateMajinV(Diabetic) 15_small.png

(None back POB)DendeClub 14_small.png

DBOG 2.0

Elizork 11_small.png

Rinder 17_small.png

HazeI 18_small.png

Diabetic 15_small.png

Recover 14_small.png

I was that guy Rinder12 (aka Rinder) on TW Server 1. Was in the guilds StormRiderZ & DragonShenrons.

Discord: Rinder#9121

tumblr_op5kbsIaMw1sggtaho4_400.gif860c8587366fbb65b16c1be9f3e3afdd.gif

• Don't put words in my mouth. And don't twist my logic, it doesn't work.

It's not a wipe whenever the staff finds an error. I'm talking total wipes that have occured in the games history excluding wipes that occured pre-beta. Note the keyword "pre-beta". We're now in beta, which means there could still be problems. This particular one is bad enough to warrant a wipe, no alternatives. Alternatives mean that you have to make exceptions for EVERYONE, not just a select few, and it wouldn't solve the problem at all.

As for my emphathy, I do feel bad about those who have played legitimately and actually earned everything they had. I also know that it's a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of the game in order to fix this issue, and if you can't deal with that, go find another game to play because I guarantee you that any other MMO, if they had a problem like this on such a mass scale, they too would be forced to perform a server wipe to address the issue.

It bothers me so much that this bloody argument is STILL going on while the proof of shady business happening is adding up in such a way that everyone else is able to see the problem is much worse than they could possibly fix through any other means. We've got bot accounts being spam-created for the sole purpose of attempting to outvote those who want the wipe to happen. The staff is aware of this to the point that they lowered the time from 15 days to 7 days, and have actually started taking action against the bot accounts. I personally am worried that the bot accounts may get so bad, it becomes the equivalent to a DDOS attack on the forum, possibly the game itself. We've also identified at least one permabanned account that has mysteriously been unbanned long enough to log in and vote against the server wipe despite being banned and unable to play. And despite all this happening, people still feel entitled to their stuff because to them, it's too hard to get back or need to find an alternative. Open your freaking eyes and bloody realize what's going on and the trouble the game and the community is in right now.

THIS. WIPE. IS. NEEDED. PERIOD.

• Daneos left the game dead for more than a year, half of the players who are online today are from secondary accounts that the other half leaves logged.

Where is the vast majority of the game? He stopped playing for lack of news, or played for months (my case) and tired of playing the game.

We would like to see changes in the game, even if we have to grow again, who cares? When in addition to having the maximum limit (lv70) and the game will receive new updates?

Resetting you have a new beginning, with a majority of errors corrected, all your cash back to your account, and you have gifts if your char is at the maximum level, this is not bad.

Better than it is.
  • You're too blind to see alternatives that lead to the same result as the wipe, but with less losses.

You clearly did not understand that the alternatives I mentioned are to bring about the same result as the wiping would bring, only with fewer losses on the part of those who worked and care about their own efforts. And another: who said that the alternatives I mentioned will go wrong if Daneos is putting the anti-hack system? If they really go wrong, then nothing guarantees that the wipe will work. We'll probably have to wipe again.

Guys guys, let it go his inteligence its cleary superior to ours its just imposible argue him too much for us... We are too blind to see above the wall. He wins ;)

• As for my emphathy, I do feel bad about those who have played legitimately and actually earned everything they had.

I also know that it's a necessary sacrifice for the greater good of the game in order to fix this issue, but I don't give a f* about your alternate ways because it will be faster and I have a closed mind for alternatives. So let's wipe things that doesn't even need to be wiped like experience, cc gear, dragon buffs...

• Guys guys, let it go his willpower over keeping his efforts its cleary superior to ours its just imposible argue him too much for us... We are too blind to see above the wall. He wins ;)

Thank you for the pointless irony. And I said it's not a victory if the game still will be wiped.

• the same ones that say they do not have time to play more are crying in the forum more than 24 hours
    : D: D: D: D: D

I can jump in here every so often and spend 5 minutes. Now you want to sacrifice accounts, and I sacrifice 5 minutes of my time every now and then to try sway public opinion my way. Way better than spending time to tirelessly grind grind grind farm farm farm...

• Again, you can't twist my logic. It makes you look like an ass and doesn't prove your point at all.

I just wrote you an answer and it got wiped because of my internet connection so I'll be fast:

I'm quoting you and adding words because I'm too tired to keep arguing, but still I'm here trying to convince you that wiping would upset a lot of people. Listen, I'm not against resetting, I'm against wiping what doesn't need to be wiped. My point is, you don't need to wipe those things I mentioned, it won't do good. It's just some pointless thing just to say it's a "fresh" start. Why? Upsetting people to call something a "fresh" start? We don't need to wipe experience, cc gear, things that we didn't got with zeni but with efforts... I sure would have voted "yes" if that wiping doesn't included pointless things.

• Artist: Sway
    Song: Hype Wipe Boys

Artist: Fat boys

Song: Wipeout

Where's the song for no wipe? (I think I'll stop trolling for now :P)

LMAO XD

I can jump in here every so often and spend 5 minutes. Now you want to sacrifice accounts, and I sacrifice 5 minutes of my time every now and then to try sway public opinion my way. Way better than spending time to tirelessly grind grind grind farm farm farm...

That's why I'm here for hours. =T

so we are going to wait 15 days for the poll

7 days now*

• Reminder: The poll has changed 15 days to 7 days( a week) so, It's shortened out now.

-Beka, DBO G Team

WlNycpi.png

JE8Eyc0.png

Master

11_small.png Beka - 60
    14_small.png Sanek - 60

21_small.png Espeon - 60
    22_small.png Slushy - 52

Discord: Beka#0069

• They won't, wouldn't make sense and that would be too childish.

You mean they can quit of boredom because of the lack of updates.

Either that or because of the fact that the damage that has been done now will get even worse than it already is.

DBOTW SV1

Rinder12/Rinder 11_small.png (Rinder12: Lv54, eventually deleted; Rinder: Lv70)

Kejko 18_small.png (Lv51, eventually deleted)

WolfGunnerX 17_small.png (Lv48)

Kamicolo1 19_small.png (Lv47)

Had 15_small.png but forgot its name (Lv30)

DBOTW SV2

Had 12_small.png but forgot its name (Lv36)

DBOG POB/OB

Rinder(FullAutism) 11_small.png

(None back POB)Ryder 17_small.png

Kejko(Hazeinut) 18_small.png

UltimateMajinV(Diabetic) 15_small.png

(None back POB)DendeClub 14_small.png

DBOG 2.0

Elizork 11_small.png

Rinder 17_small.png

HazeI 18_small.png

Diabetic 15_small.png

Recover 14_small.png

I was that guy Rinder12 (aka Rinder) on TW Server 1. Was in the guilds StormRiderZ & DragonShenrons.

Discord: Rinder#9121

tumblr_op5kbsIaMw1sggtaho4_400.gif860c8587366fbb65b16c1be9f3e3afdd.gif

• I just wrote you an answered and it got wiped because of my internet connection so I'll be fast:

I'm quoting you and adding words because I'm too tired to keep arguing, but still I'm here trying to convince you that wiping would upset a lot of people. Listen, I'm not against resetting, I'm against wiping what doesn't need to be wiped. My point is, you don't need to wipe those things I mentioned, it won't do good. It's just some pointless thing just to say it's a "fresh" start. Why? Upsetting people to call something a "fresh" start? We don't need to wipe experience, cc gear, things that we didn't got with zeni but with efforts... I sure would have voted "yes" if that wiping doesn't included pointless things.

Unfortunately, one of my earlier arguments applies to this. Because CC Gear is obtained through the CC Dungeon, players go into that dungeon with their own top gear first to get it. And since it can't be proven how players got their gear, it's impossible to take anyone at their word, even if they seem very trustworthy or have indeed done things legitimately. Same with player levels, as hacked gear would be used to create an unfair advantage in the form of being able to easily power level.

However, to a certain extent, I do agree with you in regards to the dragon buffs and racial transformations, basically anything aquired from the DB Hunt as the mechanics for that are already a pain to deal with. And if anyone were to request something like a 3-day straight DB Hunt after the wipe to be able to stockpile and get those wish things back, I would have no problem throwing my hat in to back that up.

• Either that or because of the fact that the damage that has been done now will get even worse than it already is.

Why the damage can't be repaired?

Unfortunately, one of my earlier arguments applies to this. Because CC Gear is obtained through the CC Dungeon, players go into that dungeon with their own top gear first to get it. And since it can't be proven how players got their gear, it's impossible to take anyone at their word, even if they seem very trustworthy or have indeed done things legitimately. Same with player levels, as hacked gear would be used to create an unfair advantage in the form of being able to easily power level.

However, to a certain extent, I do agree with you in regards to the dragon buffs and racial transformations, basically anything aquired from the DB Hunt as the mechanics for that are already a pain to deal with. And if anyone were to request something like a 3-day straight DB Hunt after the wipe to be able to stockpile and get those wish things back, I would have no problem throwing my hat in to back that up.

Personally I don't think maintaining cc gear will be that messy, it's not something op and the scammers are less than 5% of the community... and... what's the problem with player levels? We got 2 years to level up, if they did it faster or not, doesn't matter since is almost everyone at the same level. Sure it's unfair, but they're a minority and that wouldn't be as unfair as wiping everyone's level because a very few individuals cheated.

Anyway, I had not thought of this possibility of them using their things to get cc or lvl up faster that you thought, but I think it's still unfair since they're the very minority...