<POLL> Do you want a Server Wipe? Vote!

• First and foremost, I'm a big supporter of The Great Wipe myself, so my vote on that regard is obviously a big, fat, sounding YES!!!

I just find it utter hilarious and quite pathetic, that a certain some of the same individuals whom initially trashcan-claimed that this server would not die, ended up crying about the opposite, and then for the past few months straight, constantly spam all and every thread left and right with their self-fact-claiming nonsense about that 90% of the players want a wipe and what have you.. Well, counting only the valid votes on the wipe matter here, it's a close 60 vs. 40 % divide in the community, which is exactly what I personally predicted all along.. Also fun fact: many of said people spur thigh-thick oozes of vile toxic at others, while they themselves bash the community for being toxic. Oh ho ha.. one can only pity-laugh at you silly kids nowadays!

Anyway, unto the meat and potato of why I wanted to comment on this thread:

Most of you guys don't see the bigger picture here. It has been said multiple times now, so I don't have to state the numerous facts about why a wipe is not just a possibility, but indeed is a necessity, but I also do respect people who are against it, for whatever reason that may be.
    At the end of the day, this essential wipe is bigger than me and you, and are for the better of the whole community and playerbase, whether or not you can fathom that or not. About as big a selfless example I can come up with, which is also a personal one at that, is the fact that back in DBO KR when the game was actually hard, I achieved Worlds first top three (3) Budokai Tournament ''title'' as a Dark Warrior, and as a solo participant at that; won second (2nd) place the legitimate way in the once-a-month budokai tournaments on that server, and with next-to-none cashing, and then that version got shut down for good. After that went TW and HK permanently down, followed by the two wipes this DBOG project has already had thus far, and now we all face a third one by the looks of the vote counts. And you know what? I couldn't care less, because I would GLADLY start all over once again, with a fresh and clean version, where past mistakes have been corrected, and everyone starts out equal without exploitative advantages and what have you. And I know for a fact that a great lot of other people have it the same way; be it veterans or newcomers.
    That is the fact of the matter, and the reason why this wipe is this game's last hope at survival!
    Remember, that in the end, we all simply want a great DBO game which is as fair and fun to everyone, as it can possibly be!

Now, It goes without saying, that based on the assumption that there will be a wipe and a client version 2.0, these (and most likely more) are a must, and must follow in tandem with the wipe and implementation of the new client:

1. Integrated security measures, such as anti-hacking, anti-botting, DBOG client-locked IP surveillance, no multi-clienting, etc.
    2. Hiring of more staff to monitor both the forum and especially the in-game history of item upgrades, zeni accumulation, etc.
    3. More active, present and also aggressive staff behaviour, both in-game, but also on the forum here, where the cleansing of toxicness should be harsher.
    4. A proper and fully-fleshed balancing team, preferably promoted by the community via. poll or whatever, so the classes can become as balanced as possible.
    5. New content and more events, such as level caps in the future, new maps, dungeons, past-time professions and all that jazz.
    6. Less of a P2W aspect and less RNG elements in the game as a whole.

I personally see this as a last chance for the DBOG project to shine. This is an opportunity for a clean slate, and I genuinely don't think that DBOG will survive, if past mistakes and lack of stuff occurs once again after the above endeavours.

To close of, I want to quote what the legendary and great scholar of old once said; this is you DBOG folks getting a: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNZ4Pm-rIM

#Peace

• I love your positivity. It's something we need more often here for sure.

• I think the wipe is not the main problem.

It may be good for new start on a fair game for sure.

the problem is to be sure that the new client give us a clean game and no future wipe.

so i do not see the interest to talking about wipe for the moment.

Why not after new client test?

I just can t understand that.

• I see that we think alike and I am glad.

Still only thing that should be added as security measures as I mention in some older posts ( Activation account by GM ).

It would really put security level on legendary level and it would help out the game and the staff members.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I don't know about others , but I will quit for sure. I thought there was supposed to be no wipe this time, but here you come with another one.

And if it's happening again, it will happen for sure again in the future.

I do not think Daneos will reset again after this wipe, the fact is that he has left the server dead for over 1 year, and now wants to come back promising a new client with weekly updates. It will not reset if it stays active, IF the game does not die.

• Let's take the easy path. Every time a problem occur just wipe the server. Fast fix solution. Instead of catching and bannig peoples who exploit the game they prefer to wipe everything once in a while. And don't tell me that 90% of players used exploits and f***d up the economy and the game. The fact that people have millions of zeni / +15 items it's one of the most stupid reasons to wipe the game. .In a year from now, when the economy and everything will be the same, will they wipe again?

Have you ever seen a mmorpg wipe every time they release a new expansion? I guess not, because no one would waste time doing same shit over and over again.

The best solution would have been to open another 3-4 separated channels for people who want a fresh start. But I guess that involve a lot more work to do……..

• i guess you didnt clearly understand what i said .

• Let's take the easy path. Every time a problem occur just wipe the server. Fast fix solution. Instead of catching and bannig peoples who exploit the game they prefer to wipe everything once in a while. And don't tell me that 90% of players used exploits and f***d up the economy and the game. The fact that people have millions of zeni / +15 items it's one of the most stupid reasons to wipe the game. .In a year from now, when the economy and everything will be the same, will they wipe again?

Have you ever seen a mmorpg wipe every time they release a new expansion? I guess not, because no one would waste time doing same shit over and over again.

The best solution would have been to open another 3-4 separated channels for people who want a fresh start. But I guess that involve a lot more work to do……..

This decision did not come from the administrators, but from the players, just see that the vast majority agree to clean the server. Yes, the vast majority, just open the list of participants to find out that more than 200 votes are counted invalid for voting (25/26 march), and they voted no to wipe.

the decision to have two servers would be great, just like in TW, but it's not possible because of the lack of players and the hard work of doing that right now.

• não me importo com os itens perdidos nem nada... se for para melhorar o jogo o wipe sera a melhor escolha!!! o choro é livre!!! item vc consegue tudo de novo em uma nova jornada!!! para quem esta chorando só digo.. byebye não quer jogar >>> é só dar um quit game!!!

• não me importo com os itens perdidos nem nada... se for para melhorar o jogo o wipe sera a melhor escolha!!! o choro é livre!!! item vc consegue tudo de novo em uma nova jornada!!! para quem esta chorando só digo.. byebye não quer jogar >>> é só dar um quit game!!!

Sim, e assim que lançar o jogo oficial os updates voltarão a ser semanais, foda-se os items.

• En

No creo que Daneos se reinicie nuevamente después de este borrado, el hecho es que dejó el servidor muerto por más de 1 año, y ahora quiere regresar prometiendo un nuevo cliente con actualizaciones semanales. No se reiniciará si permanece activo, SI el juego no muere.

Y es muy probable que muera, porque la mitad de los jugadores se irán si el reinicio se hace efectivo

• A Wipe will only fix the issues of bots and upgrade cheaters, if the game balance is still atrocious, and bad decisions are still being made constantly, barely anything will change in terms of player count.

I and several others who have either quit the game or gone on hiatus warned and advised daneos before open beta, and he didn't listen until it was too late, until all the problems we knew would happen if he didnt listen, had happened.

While I don't agree with people charging back, they obviously did it for a reason. They were not satisfied with the decisions being made and the direction the game was going in. Had daneos just listened to the right people, maybe so many wouldn't have charged back,quit, or been banned.

Lets see if he'll listen this time, until he shows that he is competent in listening to the right people before getting your hopes up.

• I agree with SHEEN . We'll get the wipe and the game gets a new chance. It's been said that there will be Anti-Bot sytsem, i just hope it works out well. Cuz if bots appear again, or worse, if chinese players can duplicate items again, then the wipe was for nothing. I think that would be the time where i would quit tbh cuz it'll 100% end in the mess we have now again.

The Staff has to be more active, more present this time. I know it sucks for them and they all have characters and wanna play the game too or have a busy enough RL, but they are in the Staff for a reason. If they can't even do what they are meant to do, why being in the Staff then?

Those chinese players who exploit/bug their way through, use bots or duplicate items will try all of that again. There is actually a good chance that they will try even harder this time cuz they are pissed about the Wipe. Pretty sure they already prepare their sh*t as i'm writing this by having internet meetings xD Those suckers are the main reason why we have to Wipe. They ruined it for everyone and will attempt it again. It sounds racist, i know but it's known that Chinese gamers often use hacks or whatever in games cuz of whatever reason. I'd say they simply suck. Pretty sure they woud play a game like Pokemon on an PC Emulator rather than on a real GameBoy cuz they can use hacks on the Emulator hahahahaha :D

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• I agree with SHEEN . We'll get the wipe and the game gets a new chance. It's been said that there will be Anti-Bot sytsem, i just hope it works out well. Cuz if bots appear again, or worse, if chinese players can duplicate items again, then the wipe was for nothing. I think that would be the time where i would quit tbh cuz it'll 100% end in the mess we have now again.

The Staff has to be more active, more present this time. I know it sucks for them and they all have characters and wanna play the game too or have a busy enough RL, but they are in the Staff for a reason. If they can't even do what they are meant to do, why being in the Staff then?

Those chinese players who exploit/bug their way through, use bots or duplicate items will try all of that again. There is actually a good chance that they will try even harder this time cuz they are pissed about the Wipe. Pretty sure they already prepare their sh*t as i'm writing this by having internet meetings xD Those suckers are the main reason why we have to Wipe. They ruined it for everyone and will attempt it again. It sounds racist, i know but it's known that Chinese gamers often use hacks or whatever in games cuz of whatever reason. I'd say they simply suck. Pretty sure they woud play a game like Pokemon on an PC Emulator rather than on a real GameBoy cuz they can use hacks on the Emulator hahahahaha :D

mate its racist and "its known ......" provide no proof, just stick with "cheaters" , on the other hand why i believe Chinese cheaters stand out so much is because of their name being so distinct in fact how do you even know if they were Chinese , Koreans or Japanese ? they have similar letters and in my opinion a lot of people dont distinguish between them. you may have more English speaking cheaters but you wouldnt know and count because they havent got their name in Chinese, Korean, Japanese looking letters.

stick with something that can apply to all. peace.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!