Regarding the Wipe

• Do we have a rough timeframe when this is supposed to happen? Days, weeks?
    Just asking so I have a timeframe on when i'll need to start playing back up to where I am :)

Unfortunately not. We do know the process though, such as New Client being tested first, then once it's been thoroughly checked and pushed to live; then wipe will occur.

I have no idea how long that will be, could be a few weeks or a few months.

• Oh jeez! Glad I got impatient and started recording Arkusam1991 and I's Let's Play now. We'll Probably stop after the first summoning of Shenron and maybe play to level 31 offline so we can get the bonus. I'm hype af for the wipe! I don't expect it to fix everything but a refreshed economy alone is worth it XD Removing most of the buggers, exploiters, bots and cheaters is just a plus for me :P

• Oh jeez! Glad I got impatient and started recording Arkusam1991 and I's Let's Play now. We'll Probably stop after the first summoning of Shenron and maybe play to level 31 offline so we can get the bonus. I'm hype af for the wipe! I don't expect it to fix everything but a refreshed economy alone is worth it XD Removing most of the buggers, exploiters, bots and cheaters is just a plus for me :P

Yep, it's a long process but it'll be worth it.

• Well since before I was owner of server (SAMP), it is kinda normal that you have DEV server and Public one.

On Dev one you work on new stuffs as Daneos is already doing here in DBOG.

Soo what we did and what might Daneos will do, is to grant access to everyone who wants to test DEV Server ( Do not expect to be stabile one) with new client ofc to look for bugs and test it out while keeping old client and public server online and not changed.

This would result in few things:

1. People who are playing in the public server can enjoy and have fun until new client is 100% fixed and ready to be implemented

2. Community can test new client and help with bugs

3. When you crash or server crash or you find something "crazy" in DEV server, you won't be shocked and rage on forum

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• That sounds similar to how things worked when I was an Mod in Ragnarok Online back in the day. Frankly its a tried and true system. With some luck, most bugs are ironed out. There is always a few that persist but things are a lot different that they were in years passed with workarounds for a lot of things. That said, i'd rather it be released late and stable than early and unstable :3

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!