DBOG 1.0 - 2.0 Uncalled for changes!

• Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha , wipe your mouth there is some rest.

Should we stop criticize a president , because we are not a president , or we are not on the national assembly ?

Daneos work was to care about this project , he mad an engagement with his community and we all know what happen , after all that , you are still defending him ? Let me question you something , if Daneos was wondering for help , do you think it cost REALY TO MUCH to pay another developper with all the money he mad ? Okay i will shut up , no need to talk about old memeories anymore.

I m not trying to defend Iceman , he is right about some stuff , but im with daneos about the prop thing and the craft stuff.

Craft : If we go to the market , we can see full market of crafted stuff sometimes higher then + 10 , sometimes price are very very frindly , even a novice can purchase them. Making it harder to get , will make them more precicous . Making them more precisous give crafters possibility to gain more money from their work and will see less people with full con28 on plat.

About the prop thing : I m ok with daenos if he only finds something worth to change , i don't like the prop system , i think personaly that prop is sometimes rng , in rank etc , you can't scan , you can't change set, it is random.... If Daneos find something worth the change , why not ?

Aggro system : I m with Iceman , wtf it is worth now hahahahhahha , why he can't make it depend on first aggro ? And for superBosses and higher he can change the code to make it on dmg...

Sorry for the english : I hope i was clear , at some point at least.

• I do not know how much money Daneos made. I don't care.

And I am not defending him in any way.

I just want you guys to realize that you expect way too much out of him. NTL Failed. What makes you think one dude can make this game successful?

Also look at other MMORPG private servers. There are few successful ones and thousands if not millions that failed to deliver. I mean for some games new private servers pop up everyday.

How many playable DBO private servers do you know apart DBOG? And

community is constantly spiliting. It won't acomplish anything. I wish people didn't leave DBOCOM in the first place and worked together to revive DBO. We would already had a decent version of this game. Look how much time has passed since the retail shutdown.

Whatever.

Daneos needs to grow a pair of balls, make thread and explain himself, why things are the way they are from his perspective. He needs to face his community like a man. Community needs to know what's going on.

And you guys need to stop complaining and bashing him until it happens. I did not see a single thread nowadays apart crying.

• Dear community,

Quite surprisingly that 85% of the text that you read today is just ranting towards daneos in general. Major changes never are good from the first time. New ideas to try and improve the game might be actually a downgrade. But if the only response from the community towards this is hate and just pure frustration then I personally do not see a bright future for the game. A different approach on the subject can cause into a better outcome. Seeing as Daneos and the staff actually as people instead of a laughing stock will work as a motivation to work together and respect eachother. If the community stays toxic as it is then it might be best to call the project off.

Polls about updates before release with an exact clarification about what the intend of the update is and how the gameplay will be affects will be a good way to see if this update is wanted or needed but then without the excessive subjective view and more of an objective view of the whole community and game in general.

Communication and active interraction between the players is a great start, with a new blank page,

Sincerely,

Jon

• Let me answer on you some questions since you even mention me.

1. You know nothing about me to even judge me

2. I contribute to this project way more as staff member as many other veteran members with guides, with newbie support, builds and a lot of stuffs where I can help or my guild

3. I know Daneos and most of those staff members better than any of you, and I know what they think about this community and everyone of you

4. Whole point of this thread is that Daneos CHANGED stuffs that he shouldn't change since he got Retail server setup (code and all other shits) or close to that in POB ( That is reason why it was popular and crowded than this dead version)

5. Every update where community isn't asked, do they even want that or is it really needed, was FAIL update

6. If there is no community/players that like the game and want to stick with it, you can have the best game in the world, it will be dead game

7. DBO Community, most of veterans are already gone, newbies that started the game are gone too, only some latinos you can see run around because they are happy for being SSJ, if DBO Offline is your goal, DBOG is right game for you.

8. You can't trust Daneos with any future update or major change since previous record proved that it will be fail.

So, all in all, whole point of this is, that Daneos forcing the updates that no one asked for and you are forced to accept them.

Since those updates, changes are made without consulting with people who played the game or people who ain't simply brain dead fanboys, will put the game in the grave.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

Edited 3 times, last by Iceman ().

• Regarding the crafting, you will spend more zeni by crafting than you could ever earn back by selling it.

Since it is way better to get legendary drop gear, people will simply use TMQ or world map drop legendary, since that will be the best thing to use in general and it will cost less than craft since you have better chance to drop it than to craft it.

Regarding the props, props are not RNG! Advantage of attributes could be removed so it only be "cosmetic" if that pains you, but then again with N prop feature added back ( it bypass props ) , props in PVP wouldn't be any problem for squishy classes, since they would deal epic dmg.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• unknown.png

Vote ended and this is result, and for those who picked "I like some of them", those who didn't even post here, since even they ain't sure what they like or not, we can assume that they would pick more NO than Yes, since they ignored that YES option.

If this community still have 50% or more of people who played retail or even played in POB, they would vote for NO option.

So we have roughly 60%-70% of community that dislike those changes while mostly you can check ( if you voted) what type of people voted for Yes, I can't even comment on those, just look on that and you will figure out.

Now you ask yourself why DBOG is dead, this is small example of how not to run private project, that is why it is nearly dead.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Regarding the crafting, you will spend more zeni by crafting than you could ever earn back by selling it.

Since it is way better to get legendary drop gear, people will simply use TMQ or world map drop legendary, since that will be the best thing to use in general and it will cost less than craft since you have better chance to drop it than to craft it.

Regarding the props, props are not RNG! Advantage of attributes could be removed so it only be "cosmetic" if that pains you, but then again with N prop feature added back ( it bypass props ) , props in PVP wouldn't be any problem for squishy classes, since they would deal epic dmg.

Look , it is simple buisness , if the stuff become harder to craft , so the price will rise.

And nah , no one can drop tmq set directly before doing the craft one in the new client server.

I m not sur , but i think daneos saied that he will rise the difficulty of the pve system , you can no longer solo tmq7 or do it with a random gear ( i think , i m maybe wrong )

So if Daneos decide to do it this way , the craft system will be woth the buy/cost because it will let you farm the tmq, set as a 1.0 set , and then farm CC.

Edit : about the prop :

The prop is the thing who let you one shot an human in pvp , let's be honest Iceman , i want you to tell me one game beside DBO who let you one shot your oppenent in pvp when he has the same gear as you... I was able to one shot everything and even nameks when i was playing fighter, it was cool but sometimes the opponent doesn't have any chance to replay. I m with Daneos if he finds something worth the change, let's try.

And prop is random at the point that you can't scan your oppoenent on rank etc , so you can't change set to face him as egual or to destroy the prop STAB.

There you go, read again.

You will lose more zeni than you could earn by crafting MAX stats, since that will sell, lower stats won't since everyone will craft for themselves and wait for good stuffs.

No one will buy overpriced stuffs, since zeni amount will be low, market will slowdown since like I said, it will be rare to see something good and useful ( max stats) for you.

About props, props ain't reason why you one shot anyone, you can one shot everyone if you wear CD and I like I said before in retail dmg was higher and N prop ( that bypass the props ) was there and like I said, you could destroy their prop defense.

One shot was all you could see in retail, if fighter is in range and he resisted your CC, expect one shot if he critic.

This part will never change.

Prop removal only fk-ed up PVE even more, now humans for sure won't be part of any PVE party simply because without props they sux in PVE.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Daneos made some GOOD changes, like ultima buff removal when entering dungeons. He made them PLAYABLE at least. About spins... Its nonsense. For PVP they are not impactful at all since in solo ultima depends just on survivability, in parties=buffs and some utility. It must be powerfull for PVE because its only relevant skill, and still with "waiting time" after every skill, turtles just outclass them. Thats just for spins because im still thinking that ultima overall is unbalanced, probably because of that old attributes...

Attributes: Old system was okay for pve, shitty for pvp. Someone got huge boost because he had luck with choosing the right attribute, or just sniped and saw what his opponent is wearing, lmao. On the other hand, new system is not better... You need to change props, some class skills, balancing it would be impossible or fcking hard at least.

CCBD: Hilarious statement. What? You can get better gear in the instance for the end-game? HoW stUPiD idEa, juST giVe mE eNDiNG crEdiTs oR SOMethING. Thats the sole purpose of this, its called MMO. You have also some fancy titles, guy just add boxes and its still not enough?

Rates: Lower for sure. But... Thats great! Since on 70cap crafted gear is superior, you need to put some effort in this. Farm some zeni, materials and try try try. Whats the difference between this and looting from TMQ? Its still better, on tmq you have shitty rng and you need to do it with party so even more rng to get it. Its easier to just farm it, i got fine crafted gear for my dende on 2.0, farming as AOE dende, just 20kk and materials. It was easy as fck, friends got full sets too with similiar effort...

Yes, he made some dumb mistakes but also good changes. Dont blame a guy for trying, the problem here he is just SLOW as hell. You need time to balance attributes for example, he should be able to do it but its a lot of thinking, trying and balancing so its not gonna happen at this rate when he's struggling with basic things like minor bugs and crashes.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!