Better Skill Usage

• First Third post :)

Long intro:

Short intro: I have suggestions for both the dashing and blocking skills.

Dashing:

Blocking:

Just my thoughts, please post your ideas, *constructively* criticize, comment, etc.

• That's true, but imagine both of those with having to mix in dashing, blocking, actually using guard break, etc. There would be a lot more involved, a lot of "clutch" plays, more mind games, etc. I also think guard's levels should be changed. It should have a default CD, but each level increases how long you can have it on. Level 1 it only lasts .5 seconds, level 2 1 second, and level 3 2 seconds. That way you can't just hold it forever, you have to actually try and time the block. With ~10 second CD, I think it would be pretty balanced. You could use guard break and lose the damage if they don't block, but put them to sleep for ~3seconds if they do, or increase cast-time and hope they mistime their block, etc. In 5v5 I think these 2 skills would be very good and make fights last even longer, in 1v1's I think these 2 skills are essential to balancing all classes in terms of utility. You can dash to gain *x* dex that can be crucial to dodging the one hit that can change a fight, and all classes have it so you could dodge their signature skill but they could also dodge yours.

• Same equipment, class, and build? It would boil down to if the "noob" knows the "combo" of what numbers to press in what order. If you could actually block and manually dodge (to a point) in PvP, I just personally believe PvP would be more fun/interesting.

I liked his suggestions and i think that would make the game more dynamic

I like that word, dynamic. :)

• First Third post :)

Dashing:

Yeah, lets all be full dex, and increse dodge status to max, increase "dash" sp, then use ep autopot + ep pots and spam it, we are invencible :D

• Yeah, lets all be full dex, and increse dodge status to max, increase "dash" sp, then use ep autopot + ep pots and spam it, we are invencible :D

Pots have 0cd now? To be honest, I believe DEX should be reworked entirely. The randomness of it is completely unbalanced, and I think DEX should only be applied during either all skills, specific skills, or even dash only.

• If you think about it, then think about the current game mechanics that was in the original dbo it would be unbalance for any class that isn't a long range attack speed class, also you can't guard against someone who's auto attacking you because nothing will happen.

Tldr; every one will be attack speed based and that's bad gameplay mechanics

• You know what, I honestly missed out on the whole attack speed meta lmao. I remade and only got to 50 before dbo closed because of lack of motivation. You're completely right, in order to implement anything like what I suggested, the game's mechanics would have to be changed on a global scale. So on second thought, lets have the game release and think about changing the game's mechanics after everything is sorted lol

• Pots have 0cd now? To be honest, I believe DEX should be reworked entirely. The randomness of it is completely unbalanced, and I think DEX should only be applied during either all skills, specific skills, or even dash only.

if u remove autopot and put another one cd will reset lel, so u can spam ep auto pots and it is cheap anyway

• You know what, I honestly missed out on the whole attack speed meta lmao. I remade and only got to 50 before dbo closed because of lack of motivation. You're completely right, in order to implement anything like what I suggested, the game's mechanics would have to be changed on a global scale. So on second thought, lets have the game release and think about changing the game's mechanics after everything is sorted lol

if anything I think the guard skill should be reworked or change, maybe give a stamina bar like xenoverse or add 3-4 chance to do a afterimage or afterimage strike against a skill or autoattack.

• Fighting system in dbo was dogshit. You literaly just stood in the same place most of the time and spamed number buttons.
    Just single skill tweak won't improve it that much or make DBO PVP skill based thing.
    DBO PvP is OP build and OP gear based. You can't do much about it, most of the "point and click" MMORPGs suffer from same issues.

Sure you can try to balance things, but only developers really know how much can they change in DBO fighting system.
    I really doubt it can achieve level of Blade n Soul or Tera's fighting system.

• Fighting system in dbo was dogshit. You literaly just stood in the same place most of the time and spamed number buttons.
    Just single skill tweak won't improve it that much or make DBO PVP skill based thing.
    DBO PvP is OP build and OP gear based. You can't do much about it, most of the "point and click" MMORPGs suffer from same issues.

Sure you can try to balance things, but only developers really know how much can they change in DBO fighting system.
    I really doubt it can achieve level of Blade n Soul or Tera's fighting system.

Gear and build does matter but have skill and knowledge to what do in certain situations matters the most.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!