Getting Single/Aoe Confusion

• 2. is not a bug. You should never have the option to stop auto attacking by pressing ESC while confused. That was just a bug in retail DBO.

No offense, but you don't know anything about the consequences. If you don't fix that then it's gg for all close range auto-attack users.
    Hagane as well left this video so you could clearly see what's happening there at this exact time:

• No offense, but you don't know anything about the consequences. If you don't fix that then it's gg for the close range auto-attack users.
    Hagane as well left this video so you could clearly see what's happening there at this exact time:

Gotta figure something out for that. There's no reason for "random auto attack" if you can cancel it anytime with ESC. Then player/monster should just walk around without attacking anyone/stand idle (depending on situation). (Something like fear)

• Gotta figure something out for that. There's no reason for "random auto attack" if you can cancel it anytime with ESC. Then player/monster should just walk around without attacking anyone/stand idle (depending on situation). (Something like fear)

You simply do understand meaning of those states.

Confusion - uncertainty about what is happening, intended, or required.
    Fear - be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or harmful.

Now when we clear that, you should know what action each of them would trigger to the person/player, in real life and in-game.

Under confusion, you have no idea what you will do, it isn't like "I am confused and let me attack everyone around!".

Still under confusion, in those situations, you are given the choice to act or stand idle and doing nothing.

Still even under that influence, even when you would push around your friends, you would come to your sense enough so you would stop it and wait till that confusion in your head is gone enough so you know what are you doing and that is reason why that ESC exist.

While under fear, like when you see bad ass dog, your body acts on its own and you run FROM THE DOG...

I mean, I doubt that anyone who who is under fear, will go towards the danger, I mean sure there are some fearless people and that is why even under the fear in game there is chance for random movement that does not force player to run from the "object/person" that inflicted the fear.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Gotta figure something out for that. There's no reason for "random auto attack" if you can cancel it anytime with ESC. Then player/monster should just walk around without attacking anyone/stand idle (depending on situation). (Something like fear)

Since it seems that you are taking your ideas for new updates from other MMORPGs. I would say some bugs become game features, which add more skill to gameplay and this is the case. For example: OSRS Prayer flicking. It was never intended to be a thing, now it allows to add way more difficult content to the game and requires skill. In dbo case cancelling with ESC adds more game mechanic to combat rather than just spamming skills.

And for "There's no reason for "random auto attack" when you get confused as melee ranged characters while NOT auto attacking it just follows target around anyway.

• You don't understand what I meant with "like fear". Im talking about walking and not attacking anyone while in fear.

Since there's AOE and single target confusion, there should be 2 different ways the confusion should work.

Since it seems that you are taking your ideas for new updates from other MMORPGs. I would say some bugs become game features, which add more skill to gameplay and this is the case. For example: OSRS Prayer flicking. It was never intended to be a thing, now it allows to add way more difficult content to the game and requires skill. In dbo case cancelling with ESC adds more game mechanic to combat rather than just spamming skills.

And for "There's no reason for "random auto attack" when you get confused as melee ranged characters while NOT auto attacking it just follows target around anyway.

That's true. Simple bugs can turn into good game mechanics. But honestly, your character is not "confused" (as iceman said) if you can just cancel the effect of it / control him.

Just to make this clear, I'm not planing to change confusion. I will do it the same as in TW. I just want to hear opinions.

• You don't understand what I meant with "like fear". Im talking about walking and not attacking anyone while in fear.

Since there's AOE and single target confusion, there should be 2 different ways the confusion should work.

That's true. Simple bugs can turn into good game mechanics. But honestly, your character is not "confused" (as iceman said) if you can just cancel the effect of it / control him.

Just to make this clear, I'm not planing to change confusion. I will do it the same as in TW. I just want to hear opinions.

In my opinion, confusion is already strong since it cancels out using healing capsules, HTBS and transformations and not to mention anything. And to counter this you need high conf resist, which is not obtainable for kid characters and its expensive for adult characters. So giving it more power vs melee users while long range is not effected doesn't really make sense.

• But honestly, your character is not "confused" (as iceman said) if you can just cancel the effect of it / control him.

I did explain it and I also explain that under "confusion", even in real life, you are given the option.

Will you act or stay idle, if you act it won't be something you wish for or want it, like I said, when you are confused or let say drunk or when you do not feel well, you will push around even your friends if you decide that you want to "act", or you can stay still, observe situation around you and hope that whatever got you, will pass soon.

As Hagane already stated, confusion in game is already strong plus RP duration bypass the accessory, it have long duration and prevent many things. Sometime just standing there as "sitting duck" watching your friends dying is bad shit...

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Confusion goal is to make you unable to use skills and to have a smooth character control , even so , you can decide if you want to follow ans hit the target with melee or juste stop and wait until you are not confused anymore , It s good because your choice will depend on your situation and your gear . As a fighter , using speed when you are perma confused vs a lucky karma is what make you have a challenge vs him.

• So this is going to be normal? Also during Dojos, CCBD all speed attack users who gets confused won't be able to stop killing teammates, not to mention wonder majin's reflect buff + conf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVrBUFClTo

To me it's normal, cuz you supposed to be confused and you can't have the ability to make a move during the debuff. Like Shotaroo' said.
    This team are doing a pretty good job with the new client.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!