legal questins

• Dragon Ball Online : Global does the same thing as DB/R but x100 much faster , and legal or not take world of warcraft as exemple :
    you have to pay every mounth to play WoW and there's like 2000 private servers and blizzard can't do nothing about it , well i think its same for DBO but the only advantage is DBOG are emulating a dead game who was completly for free.

So the answer is : 100% legal

• even tho id love to say its legal i don´t really believe that, to use someones else brand you need a license , even if you don´t get any money out of it, hmm, whatever, i want to play dbo even if it gets closed down later by NTL or bandai

• Technically the servers are legal(if no ntl codes was used), however the content (Dragonball brand) is not, cause neither DBOG or DBO(R) have a Dragonball licence..
    So if Bandai wants they can demand to take it down.. Streets of Rage remake is a good example here! It had no original code, it was all reverse engineering, but still SEGA demanded to take it down or "creator" would get sued..

• Bad English (Will be fixed later)

EDIT: The client is free to use without any copyright problems.
    The only problem -> you are not allowed to edit the code. Only thing we did is changing the language to english.

But, who cares if there is going to be a private server? Nothing will ever happen.

• But, who cares if there is going to be a private server? Nothing will ever happen.

Actually i think so too.. atleast i hope your right.. If DBOG would have been released before Xenoverse and Bandai noticed i think they would contact you guys, but sice Xenoverse is out and no release is near i doubt they will..

• the 3D Models and animations are licensed as well

Actually i think so too.. atleast i hope your right.. If DBOG would have been released before Xenoverse and Bandai noticed i think they would contact you guys, but sice Xenoverse is out and no release is near i doubt they will..

If bandai ever contact us then everything theyd write is "bla bla dbo bla bla 30% earning to us bla bla"

• Hello dbog staff, i will like 2 no, if this server that you are doing is illegal or legal? for exampl dbr say that they only emulator and not using any files of ntl. Are you doing so too? i would really like to hear from one of the team

greetings. :thumbsup: :)

NOPE NOPE NOPE, Revelation, Global or other server they are not legal, they are not even able for use DragonBall name without license and the rights ... And yaa they can get close just because they use Dragon Ball name.
    DBO-R or DBO-G USE NTL files (client) so fk it, and Dumke is lier when he saying that they make all from 0, and the server is legal he is lier as f*uck.
    Dragon Ball is not tibia or minecraft. This is one of most famous names in the world.

• NOPE NOPE NOPE, Revelation, Global or other server they are not legal, they are not even able for use DragonBall name without license and the rights ... And yaa they can get close just because they use Dragon Ball name.
    DBO-R or DBO-G USE NTL files (client) so fk it, and Dumke is lier when he saying that they make all from 0, and the server is legal he is lier as f*uck.
    Dragon Ball is not tibia or minecraft. This is one of most famous names in the world.

Yep, you are 100% right.
    We are illegal because we have dragonball in our name. But using client is legal. Only thing you cant do is edit the client code. We never touched the code.
    Dumke and LinkvsSangoku are liars². Talking trash to the community non-stop.

• Does it matter? We all want to play, when the problem appear, then we'll think about it. After all, even if this is legal or illegal it won't touch a normal person like a player.

In fact. Players dont need to care if DBOG is legal or illegal. If there are problems we will solve it the best way possible for the players.
    Everyone can trust the DBOG team on this.

• Thus conclusion to your question is.

We care but we don't. We're going to bring the game back. We will deal with everything after.

There is a legal gray line between what DBr and DBOG is doing. Let me give you an example.

Lets say daneos created the lock pick. I use that said lockpick to open people door and steal their stuff. Who made the illegal action?

Was it me who use the lock pick? or was it daneos who created the lock pick?. Answer is it would be me. I made it illegal. Just because daneos provided a way for you to play DBOG or dumke to play Dbr. Doesn't mean they are doing something illegal. It's the players choice to do it.

It goes down to legal issue, and there is a gray line. Which in turn result in most likely nothing will ever happen. intellectual property laws is a complex matter If your interested on learning more look up "berne convention"

So in conclusion we're not worried about that stuff, I'm more worry about translating this TW client into understandable english >_>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!